It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by Fang

Originally posted by budski

BBC news reports this:
news.bbc.co.uk...

A pretty unsophisticated device then - but potentially very effective.

This looks to be the work of "amateurs" but then with petrol, gas cylinders and nails how sophisticated do they need to be?

Another point is that Police will now probably examine CCTV in an attempt to trace the culprit - hell they could probably track him right across London with the amount of cams we have.

Definately sound like The Cornish Liberation Army to me. Can you account for your movements last night budski?

Yes - I was home letting my G/F have a play whilst I faffed around on ATS,
concentrates the mind wonderfully and prevents premature ignition of device

Pah! It'll never stand up in court!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Expect friendly congratulations from Bush any day now... they'll be all chummy chummy.

So have they found 2 bombs now?! Maybe there are more!
Easter egg hunt from hell!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Car was towed for illegal parking and they found parts that are similiar to the car found outside the club. Wow. Odd.

The car was parked at Hyde park and they are saying that both are connected

[edit on 6/29/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
God knows how many are they (police) are going to defuse until one finaly unfortenutly blow up...
I'm scared of that thinking...
But when think about that it's not al qaeda nor terrorists which are will be responsible for that, then I'm not scared... I'm MAD...

Cause it's NWO and their master plan behind the curtain...
How sade...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why can it not be terrorist, why the nwo?

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Dan76]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Terrorist usually don't have a problem blowing stuff up. Two failed attempts in one day.

They also don't run from the car without blowing it up, they usually blow themselves up with it.

Looks more like these ducks were set up to get knocked down to get some good press for the new PM. IMO!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Seems there was a scare in Warrington.

Warrington

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Terrorist usually don't have a problem blowing stuff up. Two failed attempts in one day.

They also don't run from the car without blowing it up, they usually blow themselves up with it.

Looks more like these ducks were set up to get knocked down to get some good press for the new PM. IMO!

What makes you think terrorists always kill themselves? Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well maybe not always but they are pretty damn determined.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

What makes you think terrorists always kill themselves? Sheesh.

And I said "usually" not always.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
I think the fact that he was swerving erratically for some time before he hit the garbage cans and was off on his toes is pretty telling.

Perhaps the 'smoke', which turned out to be fumes, was getting to him?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Very likely. I have a neighbour who cleans his shop floor with PETROL (yes, he's pretty damn stupid and amusingly, his wife smokes) since its very solvent-y. Always gives me a bloody migraine and makes me dizzy. Some people just don't tighten petrol cans, so its very possible indeed.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Good thing this thing didnt go off.. from the description it sounded like the worlds largest pipe bomb!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And I said "usually" not always.

Based on this quote you seem to suggest that it can't be a terrorist attack because somebody didn't blow him or herself up. When you say usually, it means its commonly known that terrorists blow themselves up in your view. But then no terrorist blow themselves up you believe something is wrong here.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
WTC in 93 used a truck and they left it to go off. Murrah Building did the same thing. IRA did plenty in England and they even called to make sure innocents were not killed at times.

How can this be the NWO? I am so tired of the same old rhetoric and childish antics blaming everyone but those who did it. Think maybe it has something to do with Rushdie? Have you seen all of the protesting or is that not reported on prisonplanet and it's clones?

www.cnn.com...

This is the link that states it was another car parked in Trafalger where nothing should have been parked, so noone should have actually gone looking and they got lucky.

Major US cities I am sure are on high alert right now. This is not a joke, this is reality. Terrorism is real folks. The British really lucked out with this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
Perhaps the 'smoke', which turned out to be fumes, was getting to him?

THAT is an interesting theory. Folks were thinking that the person/people who drove the first vehicle were drunk or something. Crashed the car. But the fumes from all that petrol could easily have been getting to them.

Very interesting thought ShadowEyes.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Two words:

KEVIN FULTON

Makes you Wonder...

[edit on 29/6/07 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71How can this be the NWO? I am so tired of the same old rhetoric and childish antics blaming everyone but those who did it. Think maybe it has something to do with Rushdie? Have you seen all of the protesting or is that not reported on prisonplanet and it's clones?

You can count me in on this automatic jumping on the "THEY did it" bandwagon. Evidence is not needed on ATS now I'm guessing, just state that because you believe THEY did something in the past then this is clear evidence they are at it again

I wonder if the authorities are working on evidence that points to an AQ plot or if it's just the media saying it because they only know what they are told and all I recall hearing was, "international elements". It could be still prove to be something else. There are many anti- groups out there and you always one small set of nutters who are prepared to take it way out there in the name of the cause they have latched onto (and not for the good of the cause that's for sure, but to satisfy their bat# crazy ideas).

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There was a further bomb scare in an underground car park in an area called Park Lane. What is interesting is that these Bombs seem to have a signature that goes all the way across to Iraq.

The gang is meant to have an international connection too.

With all the camers in the UK especially central london I am sure the authorities will be able to reconstruct the journey of the car. and its occupants.

On the other hand (and playing devil's advocate), it seems very odd, that if terrorists had more bombs, (according to the closure of Park Lane - West london and a Park in London), surely their determination would have increased to a 'fanatical!' state and the second or subsequent ones would have been detonated - I mean if they had the gaul to position the Mercedes in an area of thriving activity, why wouldnt they try secondary detonations instead?

Either way, this act was intended to cause mass disruption to London, it has damaged the economy and has also had an impact on people.

COuld this be an in road to introducing further and more stringent controls over the popuplation? Is this spin, to introduce a new manifesto of the war on 'invisible terrorists?'

If this was a genuine terrorist plot and only MI5/6 will know for sure, then these assailants have tried, and failed miserably in their attempts to harm us (thanks to the Medics who found the car).

Don't forget that the U.K. had to deal with the IRA, and the reigning down of bombs during the 1st and 2nd world wars. The British folk are a resilient bunch, and they will NOT bow down to any type of threat in their own backyard, and will become ever more vigilant, so do what you might, The queen and her country will NEVER be slaves to terrorism

[edit on 29/6/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Its probably a home grown AQ cell , I think there will be probably be a few more attempts at setting off a few big explosions unless these terrorists are caught , the guy who parked up the car probably isnt the bomb maker ,if this is a well organised terror cell they could run a campaign for several months before the authorities are able to smash them.

Im surprised the authorities didnt have any intel on this attempted attack on London , im sure they would have known AQ would try a symobolic strike to mark Browns arrival as he new PM

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join