It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
BBC TV news reports that closed circuit TV have helped them identify a suspect and now they are focused on a manhunt.

The fact that at least one car bomb was parked outside a night club indicates the bombs were from Islamic militants.

In the Bali bombings night clubs were targeted because they were seen as symbols of decadence and unislamic behaviour.

What right do these people have coming to live in a western secular country and thinking they can impose their morality on other people and do it through violence.

Allah the merciful ?
Well stick their mercy.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
the fact the car was parked (actually it crashed) outside a nightclub proves nothing. Plus wasn't it reported earlier it was girly only night or something?

The soho bomber wasn't islamic and targeted nitespots he was just a homophobe.

If it was the fumes that got to the Driver then he shouldn't have been driving with 60 litres of Petrol and all the windows up - which apparently was the case.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
60 litres of liquid gold? wow, I think it would be impossible to drive, you would have to end up being as high as a kite. I'm sure ATS veterans could shed some light on the likely condition of a man who has been inhaling that quantity of fumes for at the very least over a minute (total journey time?)

This will become very cat and mouse now, but that's a very good reason why other countries should increase cameras, as you can track the direction, movements and actions of these types of terriorists.

The other major advantage the U.K. has, is its Intel Agency
OK, they might be criticised for not knowing about this activity, but an increasingly determined cell, (united only on the eve of the deviant action), and living amongst its own community would go virtually unnoticed, and would be able to plan and execute an attack with very little exposure.

This is abundantly clear in the weapons choice they made - household items, all of them, from the petrol, to the butane gas cannisters, and the nails. Not sophisticated, but highly effective.

I hear a second bomb was also found, again, diffused by bomb disposal experts.

If these people are anywhere in the UK/ European territories, they will be duly found. If MI5 operatives and Police locate these miscreants, then it will be a further blow to to any further cells that might consider this modus operandi

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The soho bomber wasn't islamic and targeted nitespots he was just a homophobe.

So now we're talking militant Gay rights ?

This debate takes more blind turns than a Villers bocage.

The most logical and likely explanation given what is going on in the world today and 7/7 etc is that it is an islamic attack gone wrong.

Why does this not surprise me that that the driver was overcome by fumes from the vehicle he was driving ... haha ha.

May one then suppose that the ambulance crew attended to the driver and that it was he who then ran off ?

If so then the ambulance crew may have deduced the driver's identity whilst he was still dazed. I think it is fair to assume that may have led to the second car bomb.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The soho bomber I referred to was a 'nail bomber' a few years back and he was a homophobe so the opposite of militant gay rights.

As an aside it's also the London Gay Pride tomorrow I believe. But Don't think this is really a valid avenue.

Yes I'm sure the fumes would have been an issue with that amount of fuel but mercs have aircon and windows right? Are we to assume then that the driver hadn't even taken the vehicle for a test spin 'fully loaded'? It does seem fairly amateurish. Especially as the second vehicle received a parking ticket overnight and was duly towed away by the authorities so would not have detonated in the right location anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
why call it a potentially viable explosive device? Why not just a nail bomb, gheez. Why massive?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If the perpetrators were working class British Muslims then quite possibly they were unfamiliar with airconditioning in a Merc. That poses the question, were the cars from a hire firm ?

Also the point of putting propane cannisters inside a car is to get a high mix of air and propane inside the car's cabin. I doubt the driver would be wanting to ventilate it all that much.

I'd say the explosion this bomb could have caused would have been massive enough to collapse an adjacent building.

Turns out now that one car was noticed because of visible fumes emerging from it.

The other was noticed because it was parked awkwardly outside the Tiger Tiger nightclub.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
What right do these people have coming to live in a western secular country and thinking they can impose their morality on other people and do it through violence.

... and what right do your governments have to go around the globe and bomb countries to 'stone age' for profit?

you are pathethic if you cannot see that behaviour of your loving governments which is killing tens of thousands every day (with bombs and hunger) all around the world and making money out of it in fact creates thousands of militants (they call themselves freedom fighters) every minute...

violence create violence...

if you cannot comprehend this simple fact then you deserve to be blown up and you should not call yourself 'civilized human'...

because you are not - you are an ignorant fool!

[edit on 30-6-2007 by DarthMarduk]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMarduk

... and what right do your governments have to go around the globe and bomb countries to 'stone age' for profit?

you are pathethic if you cannot see that behaviour of your loving governments which is killing tens of thousands every day (with bombs and hunger) all around the world and making money out of it in fact creates thousands of militants (they call themselves freedom fighters) every minute...

violence create violence...

if you cannot comprehend this simple fact then you deserve to be blown up and you should not call yourself 'civilized human'...

because you are not - you are an ignorant fool!

I wouldn't worry sygunson, a bombing campaign like we've seen (or attempted bombing campaign) isn't sustainable for any length of time, a bombing campaign for political motives is hard enough, but one based on hatred of western civilisation will fizzle out in a few years time.

As for DarthMarduk, saying someone should be blown up because they see things differently from you is probably the dumbest thing i've read on here in a while. Opinions like yours are on the fringe of society, that's why they'll never get anyway, nobody's listening.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Exactly what country has been bombed 'into the stone age' by the USA, England, Germany, etc??

As for your other comments ..

you deserve to be blown up ... you are an ignorant fool!

you deserve a warning.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Exactly what country has been bombed 'into the stone age' by the USA, England, Germany, etc??

I rather get warning than to be mentally impaired like you...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
Opinions like yours are on the fringe of society, that's why they'll never get anyway, nobody's listening.

maybe they will not get anywhere, but it is the truth... with ignorant aditude like this you will get bombed anyway (because the root of the problem IS you)... it has nothing to do with me and my spelling or using words that (not suprisingly) offend you...

so, behave childish and report me again if you wish... I don't care

can I get one more warning please for telling the truth?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Opinions like yours are on the fringe of society, that's why they'll never get anyway, nobody's listening.

maybe they will not get anywhere, but it is the truth... with ignorant aditude like this you will get bombed anyway (because the root of the problem IS you)... it has nothing to do with me and my spelling or using words that (not suprisingly) offend you...

can I get one more warning please for telling the truth?

I'm the root of the problem beecause i think that people who plant car bombs outside night clubs are the scum of the earth...wow, that's some twisted logic you've got there!!!

Like i say, this'll fizzle out soon, as will numpties like you

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Mmmm.... a couple of old Mercs, petrol, and a couple of gas canisters. Hardly a recipe for a devastating explosion. For a start, the ensuing blast triggered by ingition of the fumes would be absorbed by the bodyshell of the car, blowing a few bits of but mainly exiting through the windows/windscreen. The nails, not being wrapped around the explosives, may be flung about but not with any great force.
At the most I think we'd be looking at a few shattered windows and minimal damage to adjacent buildings. It sure as hell would not bring down an adjacent building as someone else has speculated.
I get the impression these cars were meant to be found and in reality posed no real threat to anyone, but they sure have put the focus back on "international terrorism" for the new PM's agenda.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm the root of the problem beecause i think that people who plant car bombs outside night clubs are the scum of the earth...wow, that's some twisted logic you've got there!!!

I'm twisted? What happened to Iraq? What is going on for 60 years in Israel? How many people died in Vietnam? What about all those GB colonies and millions dead through history of divine profiteering western 'civilization'?

this and all other things that you try to ignore IS your fault...

I'm twisted... ok, but you are inhuman...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
well it seems that the authorities did know something like this plot was afoot contrary to official statements made yesterday as news wires are reporting that

'The drama came as it emerged that a 53-page document alerting businesses to the threat posed by VBIEDs — vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices — had been issued to police two weeks ago. It had been passed on to the Tiger Tiger club only a few days before yesterday’s events.'

It's a FOX link but other wires reporting the same story.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'm twisted? What happened to Iraq? What is going on for 60 years in Israel? How many people died in Vietnam? What about all those GB colonies and millions dead through history of divine western 'civilization'?

Yes,

lets derail the subject and start talking about British Imperialism

so, do you think we deserve terrorism then?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Erm... I think I'd better help ypu out a bit here.

If the perpetrators were working class British Muslims then quite possibly they were unfamiliar with airconditioning in a Merc. That poses the question, were the cars from a hire firm ?

I'm working class and british, my religon isn't muslim. Why would religon have any baring on being able to operate air con? Muslims can be born and brought up in the UK you know. - doubt there hire cars IMO, prob second hand, 2 grand each?

Also the point of putting propane cannisters inside a car is to get a high mix of air and propane inside the car's cabin. I doubt the driver would be wanting to ventilate it all that much.

A good explosion is contained for a fraction of a second - hold a fire cracker on an open palm and when it goes off you burn your hand. Hold a fire cracker in a closed fist, when that goes off it will shatter every bone in your hand and cost you a couple of fingers. Scale that up to cannisters of gas.

IMO the petrol would of made a very quick very hot uncontrolable fire, the canisters then would of done the damage a few minutes later when the gas expanded beyond the strength on the cylinders and exploded, instantly ignited at the same time as sending srapnel etc all directions.

I'd say the explosion this bomb could have caused would have been massive enough to collapse an adjacent building.

Yep.

Turns out now that one car was noticed because of visible fumes emerging from it.

The other was noticed because it was parked awkwardly outside the Tiger Tiger nightclub.

The car outside the Tiger Tiger club was noticed by a (drunk) member of public and ambulance crew who were attending the club for another issue. Smoke or fumes, either way the car stank of petrol - also door staff at another club saw the car driving badly, hitting a bin and pulling up.

The second car was towed from Hyde park area for illeagle parking (they do that an awfull lot in London!) and the contents (cylinders petrol etc) were discovered at the depot. Its almost a shame it didn't go off and take the clamping crew with it (so long as no one else was hurt no one would mind - part from maybe their mothers)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I'm twisted? What happened to Iraq? What is going on for 60 years in Israel? How many people died in Vietnam? What about all those GB colonies and millions dead through history of divine western 'civilization'?

Right, so what has the above got to do with hundreds of women having a night out. If this had succeeded then they would have been the target. If it bothers people that much, why not go for the source of the problem - i.e grow a pair and go after the military or security services...what they scared of - after all, they've got God on their side

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OK, i think people need to calm down and just remember the fact that these devices did not go off..

Thus, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Don't be fodder for the New World Order, don't buy into fear and panic. Grow up. Be human.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join