It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fang

Originally posted by budski

BBC news reports this:
news.bbc.co.uk...

A pretty unsophisticated device then - but potentially very effective.

This looks to be the work of "amateurs" but then with petrol, gas cylinders and nails how sophisticated do they need to be?

Another point is that Police will now probably examine CCTV in an attempt to trace the culprit - hell they could probably track him right across London with the amount of cams we have.

Definately sound like The Cornish Liberation Army to me. Can you account for your movements last night budski?

Yes - I was home letting my G/F have a play whilst I faffed around on ATS,
concentrates the mind wonderfully and prevents premature ignition of device

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
yeah the bouncers said one guy so where has the other guy suddenly sprung from.

The police statement says an ambulance called to the aid of someone at the nearby club noticed the car and also said smoke was coming out of it...?

could explain why Driver cut and run.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Hours before London explosives technicians dismantled a large car bomb in the heart of the British capital's tourist-rich theater district, a message appeared on one of the most widely used jihadist Internet forums, saying: "Today I say: Rejoice, by Allah, London shall be bombed."

CBS News found the posting, which went on for nearly 300 words, on the "al Hesbah" chat room. It was left by a person who goes by the name abu Osama al-Hazeen, who appears regularly on the forum.

Al Hesbah is frequently used by international Sunni militant groups, including al Qaeda and the Taliban, to post propaganda videos and messages in their fight against the West.

There was no way for CBS News to independently confirm any connection between the posting made Thursday night and the car bomb found Friday.

Al-Hazeen's message begins: "In the name of God, the most compassionate, the most merciful. Is Britain Longing for al Qaeda's bombings?"

Al-Hazeen decries the recent knighthood of controversial author Salman Rushdie as a blow felt by all British Muslims. "This 'honoring' came at a crucial time, a time when the whole nation is reeling from the crusaders attacks on all Muslim lands," he said, in an apparent reference to the British role in Iraq.

"We say to Britain: The Emir of al Qaeda, Sheikh Osama, has once threatened you, and he carried out his threats. Today I say: Rejoice, by Allah, London shall be bombed," the message reads.

Could be related. Have to see how far it goes.

Several responses to the posting by other forum members expressed hope that an attack against London would be realized in the near future.

In response, al-Hazeen urges patience, saying, "Victory is very close, but you are just rushing it."

Reached by CBSNews.com Friday, the Metropolitan Police's media office could not confirm whether investigators were aware of the Internet posting on al Hesbah.

Intelligence sources who spoke to CBS News Friday morning seemed to express surprise at the discovery of the device, suggesting there had been "no warning, no intel, no smell" as a prelude to the plot — a vacuum of information which reportedly had Britain's domestic intelligence agency "very, very worried".

They might try to copy it as well if encouraged by this.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Earlier reports said bouncers from a nearby nightclub saw the car being driven erratically before it crashed into a bin. They claimed the driver then got out and ran off.

How about this? Fumes from the petrol? Nerves? Never passed a driving test in this country
? Bottle of whiskey as dutch courage!

I was expecting another car to be found in all honesty - and in an underground as well, just like Barot's plans. How more I wonder?

BBC Radio Four's P.M programme are reporting that Police are investigating a car in an underground car-park.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The moment I saw this on the news I was so happy it did not explode, especially with the nails. It turns my stomach.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If it was phone triggered I wonder why he didnt trigger it when he ran, he had to know it would of been found right?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What I'm trying to figure out is how the police actually found this bomb. Was the person who put it together so horrible at it that he let the information leak out so easily?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
What I'm trying to figure out is how the police actually found this bomb. Was the person who put it together so horrible at it that he let the information leak out so easily?

What I've heard is that an ambulance was called on something completely unrelated to the bomb, seems like it was a slip-and-fall at a nightclub, the paramedic noticed smoke coming out of the vehicle (apparently gasoline fumes), and called for the police to come and investigate.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Supposedly the post on the terrorist website never happened as reported by cbs, says CNN.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
If it was phone triggered I wonder why he didnt trigger it when he ran, he had to know it would of been found right?

Speculation, but smoke was coming out of the car so maybe he did do it, but it fizzled.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This could have been just a test to see how long it takes for
the police to respond.
If this was the case then something big is being planned.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by racerzeke

Speculation, but smoke was coming out of the car so maybe he did do it, but it fizzled.

Furthermore, the driver could have been woozy from all the gas vapors and that would explain his or her poor driving before he or she scrambled.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Freakin dumb, I wish I had sky news/bbc cnn/fox isnt covering it anymore and now I have to hear about the Apple iphone -_- This is stupid.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if it was made of freaking gasoline then it doesn't warrant the term "massive".

maybe "tiny", "ineffectual", or "not really that dangerous to people more than 10 feet away".

but sure as hell not "massive". massive is for nuclear devices and high explosives, not freaking internal combustion engine fuel.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

maybe "tiny", "ineffectual", or "not really that dangerous to people more than 10 feet away".

but sure as hell not "massive". massive is for nuclear devices and high explosives, not freaking internal combustion engine fuel.

Heard in the news that propane was included. That will kill ya right there.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

I heard there were some propane canisters in there as well and propane explosions are nothing to scoff at.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Dunno if its been posted yet, I'm currently engrossed in the C2C drone thread, but just passed the telly and wanted to make a note: Another one's been found elsewhere since the Haymarket one if noones heard yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
seems we're arguing semantics now. Massive, Large, Big... whatever.

What I find interesting is how only a little while after Blair steps down did this happen. Perhaps a sign of good faith on the part of new British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

If the Brittish government were involved with conspiracies of fear etc. A falsified near attack might serve to prove the loyalty of the new cabinet to whomever might be in power?

just a theory. But i don't think we can rule out the possible connection here.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spec01
seems we're arguing semantics now. Massive, Large, Big... whatever.

What I find interesting is how only a little while after Blair steps down did this happen. Perhaps a sign of good faith on the part of new British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

If the Brittish government were involved with conspiracies of fear etc. A falsified near attack might serve to prove the loyalty of the new cabinet to whomever might be in power?

just a theory. But i don't think we can rule out the possible connection here.

Or its possible that the perpetrators are sending a new message to the new British govt. Blair is gone, but they are not.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What??
This whole thing just seams too coincidental.
They are just trotting around the city finding and dismantling bombs like its a easter egg hunt.
looks to me like someone is creating some good press for themselves.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join