It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Steven Greer in Montreal on august 9th, 2007

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
And constantly ridiculing people and their beliefs ISN'T personal?

I've been warned ONCE for ridiculing Cult Greer zealots PERSONALLY. That's not constant, it's once - there is a difference. I was wrong to make the personal attack that I made, as was pointed out by a Moderator and I accepted the warning without question.

Well then pretty much every single one of us is guilty of "marketing", including you!!

I'm not trying to give the impression that marketing is a bad thing.

All I'm doing is pointing out how your view has changed from that of "No, I am not marketing for Cult Greer" to now be "Yes, I am marketing for Cult Greer, but what's wrong with that, seeing as everyone else does it?"

Which is it to be MrdDstrbr, are you marketing for Cult Greer or aren't you? Please, give an answer that won't change between threads, or at your whim. We know that millerman and Richard/toc were marketing for Cult Greer, so are you with them or not, in the marketing campaign?

Most of us know that Cult Greer does no work and has nothing to offer other than lies, false promises and pictures of moths in full flight. Oh, Leader Greer also writes books, but they're not on offer - you have to buy those.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Well then pretty much every single one of us is guilty of "marketing", including you!!

I'm not trying to give the impression that marketing is a bad thing.

All I'm doing is pointing out how your view has changed from that of "No, I am not marketing for Cult Greer" to now be "Yes, I am marketing for Cult Greer, but what's wrong with that, seeing as everyone else does it?"

NO!

I DID NOT say that! Stop putting words in my mouth like that immediately!

My "view" is that simply discussing people's work and linking to their sites is NOT marketing. It is spreading information and knowledge - the WHOLE POINT OF THIS SITE.

We know that millerman and Richard/toc were marketing for Cult Greer,

NO, we DON'T know that.

millerman was NOT marketing for Greer, he was trying to set up a proper investigation of Greer and CSETI. Since they claim to be able to make Contact on an ongoing and reproducible basis, which, if true, would be the biggest story EVER.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

millerman was NOT marketing for Greer, he was trying to set up a proper investigation of Greer and CSETI. Since they claim to be able to make Contact on an ongoing and reproducible basis, which, if true, would be the biggest story EVER.

It's not true, so it's the biggest lie - EVER.

Anyway, according to Leader Greer, wouldn't being shot by a cancer causing beam weapon be the biggest story ever? Why doesn't Leader Greer actively alert all of the authorities about this and every single media outlet that he can? Lies, lies and more lies.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

...And it is the same with Lalancette. I don't think he gets paid to link to Greer's and Bearden's sites; he does it because he wants people to know the truth.

Despite Lalancette and his various incarnations on this site denying being directly involved with the CSETI/Greer organisations we find this link to his blog:

the highlight is mine to draw attention to his official status. And go here to learn more about how Greer uses his reps to generate income and spread the 'word'.

Spreading information and knowledge is, after all, a good part of what this site is all about, isn't it?

Of course, but there is a problem when the site is used to spread known lies and disinformation.

I'm sure you would agree with that.

I wish millerman could come back.... I love him a lot!

I think this human condition is called narcissism

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

the highlight is mine to draw attention to his official status. And go here to learn more about how Greer uses his reps to generate income and spread the 'word'.

It also says that these Reps are volunteers.

Lalancette is not getting paid by Greer/TDP/CSETI to represent/market for them.

Nor is he putting a gun in people's faces and forcing them to sign up for trainings or spend money on TDP....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It also says that these Reps are volunteers.

Nor is he putting a gun in people's faces and forcing them to sign up for trainings or spend money on TDP....

Original source from dp website

Representatives of The Disclosure Project will be empowered to conduct events in their area at which either the May 9, 2001 National Press Club Disclosure Press Conference tape may be shown to the public at no charge or (at their option) the 2-hour Disclosure video may be shown for a nominal charge.

Dude its all clear why cant you see this,why the heck dont you want to admit that is all about the money,there is no disclosure,they are only asking for money money money money,for seeing MOTHS.

So lalancette deserved to be banned as welll as its not a matter of spreading knowledge,knowledge should be fees free.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But this wasn't the point of our little discussion here, we are saying, that lalancette IS MARKETING/RECRUITING for the cult of greer, which you denied several times. Now suddenly you acknowledge that he is doing it, but not for money ?! Huh ?

lalancette generates money for the cult, for whatever altruistic reasons he may have, we are on the same side here now, are we ?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
Dude its all clear why cant you see this,why the heck dont you want to admit that is all about the money,there is no disclosure,they are only asking for money money money money,for seeing MOTHS.

They ask for money money money money, because they have NO CHOICE.

They have no funding from the government or anything like that, and Greer walked away from his medical career to do TDP full time.

They have NO CHOICE but to try to raise funds and make money however they can. If they didn't, they would very quickly run out of funds, and TDP/CSETI/SEAS would all fold.

Why can't you see this?

ATS members direct SO much rage and contempt at TDP for trying to raise funds and make money - but ALL corporations and organizations try to make money! It's called SURVIVAL!

You don't think ATS has fund-raising mechanisms in place, to offset their operating costs?

Open your eyes man!

So lalancette deserved to be banned as welll as its not a matter of spreading knowledge,knowledge should be fees free.

Lalancette was not being paid to post here, nor was he pointing a gun at people forcing them to spend money on TDP!

He was VOLUNTARILY spreading knowledge of the Disclosure Project.

Talk about PARANOIA.....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry

But this wasn't the point of our little discussion here, we are saying, that lalancette IS MARKETING/RECRUITING for the cult of greer, which you denied several times. Now suddenly you acknowledge that he is doing it, but not for money ?! Huh ?

Lalancette is a VOLUNTEER who VOLUNTARILY spreads knowledge. He is not PAID to MARKET/ADVERTISE/RECRUIT for them. He doesn't receive a commission for lining up new CSETI trainees or anything like that.

If people decide to spend money on CSETI or TDP, that's their OWN CHOICE.

Understand the difference?

Lalancette was NOT making money for himself by promoting CSETI/TDP on ATS. He was VOLUNTARILY spreading knowledge - like many other ATS members do!

lalancette generates money for the cult, for whatever altruistic reasons he may have, we are on the same side here now, are we ?

Only in that I often get the same sort of accusations as he does. I've researched Greer's work fairly extensively and I post about it on here frequently - so I get accused by the more PARANOID members of "viral marketing" for Greer.

For the 10000th time:

VOLUNTARILY SPREADING KNOWLEDGE, is NOT the same as being PAID to generate SALES.

Understand the difference?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
volountary marketing not knowledge.
it's quite different.
Spreading knowledge is not making cseti training and praying,that's cheatting people asking fees of 800 dollars.
Greer is not disclosing anything,he did with some witnessses but this was in 2001 and nothing happend,6 years gone and what??
Selling books,dvd's and talking talking talking: in 2003 he claimed to has a zero energy point device in his hands,where the hell is it?
he's doing nothing, just frauding ppl.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
No Sir, sorry.

He is not spreading knowledge, he is trying to get people to join the cult of greer, spreading knowledge is something completely different.

And again, as much as i remember, no one said lalancette was making a buck for himself (could be wrong here and with his history and webpage i wouldn't mind anyone to think that he does get some bonus for his "work". If you would have read torsions link, you'd see such precious statements as "generating income" and such.)

They need money, money, money.....oh yeah, at last we're on common ground. Let's do some math, ok ? Let's make an example with the great "ambassadors"
Fee is 800$ per person (measly, as you said), lodging has to be paid separately.
According to Springer, cost per person should be around 15$, let's be extremely gentle and make it 50$ per person.
Minimum number is 20 people.

With the minimum people attending, we now have an income of 16000$ and costs of 1000$ -- 15000$ quite good, for a week, isn't it ?

And that's, as you know, is just a very small piece of the cake, since greer makes far more with all his other "projects". And as you said, staff is mostly volunteer, so they don't see anything of greers money.
Don't get me wrong, the cynic in me applauds greer for his cult scheme as much as it applauds l.r.hubbard. Generating a pseudo religion is a great and simple way to make money and if i would be more of an a**hole, i'd consider to do the same.

[edit] typo

[edit on 8-7-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
Greer is not disclosing anything,he did with some witnessses but this was in 2001 and nothing happend,6 years gone and what??
Selling books,dvd's and talking talking talking: in 2003 he claimed to has a zero energy point device in his hands,where the hell is it?
he's doing nothing, just frauding ppl.

Don't expect Greer to single-handedly save the world.

The entire point of the NPC conference in 2001, and the more recent "UFO : Greatest Story" in which a lot of Greer's material is featured, is that the people who are maintaining the UFO cover-up and also the suppression of Free Energy, are extremely powerful, have their own funding mechanisms, and they have highly illegal and self-serving agendas.

Don't expect Greer to deal with them and force Disclosure and change the world single-handedly!

It is an effort that requires MANY people volunteering and working and spreading information.

As for the free energy device from 2003 - the inventor was seriously threatened and went into hiding, according to Greer.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

With the minimum people attending, we now have an income of 16000$ and costs of 1000$ -- 15000$ quite good, for a week, isn't it ?

And that's, as you know, is just a very small piece of the cake, since greer makes far more with all his other "projects". And as you said, staff is mostly volunteer, so they don't see anything of greers money.

Yes, they make money.

They also have a LOT of operating costs.

Greer and the DP witnesses have to travel a LOT.

Newsflash: Greer has organizations which have both operating costs, and mechanisms to generate income, to offset those costs! Wow!

A lot of people think they are swimming in $$$ from book sales and CSETI trainings, but my position is that it's the opposite - they are pathetically underfunded and everything they do is very low-budget. Greer has had to dip into his family's personal savings to fund everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
And as i may quote from "alien brothers, come on down again"

What Greer gets out of CSETI seems to be the means to galavant often and in style. A typical year, says Williams, included a couple of dozen first-class jet trips in the United States and
abroad... In a representative spree, Greer last January went on a
round-tripper from Asheville to Los Angeles, Phoenix, New York, London, back to New
York, and back to Asheville. (Greer says he paid excursion fare for this trip but doesn't
mention that he upgraded to first class using frequent-flier points available only to people who
fly more than 30,000 miles a year.)

"So Smith wrote him a CSETI check for $11,000. Steve told me not to tell anybody about it, because he always tells people like Marty Keller that there isn't any money to pay them. I
found out later that Smith had also written Steve a $5,000 check for his personal use."

Yep, that sounds so low-budget.
You have a position, we have facts, sorry.

[edit] aaah, forgot that one, sorry

, Greer also told her he's "going to be martyred for the cause--which he
says is his destined mission to be the one who represents humanity when the ETs come."

We surely don't, he apparently does

[edit on 8-7-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yep, that sounds so low-budget.
You have a position, we have facts, sorry.

He does receive donations from people and also pays for things out of his family's personal savings.

Your "facts" still haven't shown that CSETI/TDP/SEAS is a big money-making enterprise. It is the opposite, they are low-budget. The CSETI coordinator herself is a volunteer, they don't even have a paid office staff!

But I don't expect the accusers to believe that....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Do you even read the facts presented to you ? Apparently you freely choose to ignore 90% of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

, Greer also told her he's "going to be martyred for the cause--which he
says is his destined mission to be the one who represents humanity when the ETs come."

We surely don't, he apparently does

If he were assassinated or "suicided" tomorrow, or his family - would that not then make it look like he really was a serious threat to the PTB?

That's the sad thing, he may have to give his life in order for people to take him seriously.....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If he were assassinated or "suicided" tomorrow, or his family - would that not then make it look like he really was a serious threat to the PTB?

Total abject speculation about issues that haven't happened. He's alive; it doesn't count. It's not worth talking about. If he is saying stuff like that, I think he needs to see a shrink. The only thing it does is put another checkmark in the cult column.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And as i may quote from "alien brothers, come on down again"

(Greer says he paid excursion fare for this trip but doesn't
mention that he upgraded to first class using frequent-flier points available only to people who fly more than 30,000 miles a year.)

On the Disclosure Project web page they used to ask for donations of frequent flyer miles. I notice it is gone now. I'll bet the donors didn't know these would be used for upgrades.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Total abject speculation about issues that haven't happened. He's alive; it doesn't count. It's not worth talking about.

If he has indeed been threatened along those lines, and if he did indeed get metastatic cancer, then it most certainly does "count".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join