It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"One Nation Under God?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So I was cruising the Drudgereport the other day when I came across a Cybercast News Service report on Planned Parenthood's record number of abortions performed the 2005 - 06 season, and the 55.8 million dollar profit that came with it.

During its 2005-2006 fiscal year, the nonprofit Planned Parenthood Federation of America performed a record 264,943 abortions, attained a high profit of $55.8 million and received record taxpayer funding of $305.3 million."

www.cnsnews.com.../Culture/archive/200706/CUL20070615a.html

My first reaction to hearing about 264,943 babies being killed in the womb, and the 55.8 mil, was of course stunned disbelief, because who knew the baby killing business was so profitable? But upon further investigation, I would soon discover the Planned Parenthood numbers were really just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

I also found the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which is a statistical arm of Planned Parenthood. I was looking for an estimate of the numbers of abortions performed in this country, as far back as they have numbers for, and here's what I found:

Using (AGI) the Alan Guttmacher Institute figures through 2003, estimating 1,287,000 abortions for 2004-06, and factoring in the possible 3 percent undercount AGI estimates for its own figures, the total number of abortions performed in the U.S. since 1973 equals 48,589,993.

www.christianliferesources.com.../library/view.php&articleid=1042

My second reaction was, "Holy mackerel!"

Now, least you imagine that my interest in these numbers has anything to do with politics, or that I sit around debating such nonsense as, "When life begins" with people, just hold on. I could care less about your politics, and any fool knows a baby growing inside of a woman's belly is alive. I believe the human species has been coming into the world via this method for 99.9% percent of human history. And if you're still confused as to whether or not you began in your momma’s womb as a living being, then I recommend you check out these nifty fetal imaging links:

www.fetalvisionimaging.com...

www.youtube.com...

So the whole "48 million babies murdered" over the last 34 years, and seeing the faces of those cute little tykes slumbering inside their mommas, got me to thinking, "What kind of monsters live in the U.S. of A.? Think about it, people march in protest over the right to kill the babies in their wombs. And it's not just babies in the womb that are on the endangered list, it seems that everybody outside the womb is a potential target as well.

From 1986 - 2006, according to the FBI, there were 401,812 murders and non-negligent manslaughters in the U.S., along with 1,927,612 forcible rapes, and 19,403,845 aggravated assaults. That works out to an average of 55 murders, 264 rapes, and 2,658 aggravated assaults per/day, 365 days of the year over the 20-year reporting period.

Why all this violence? Well according to an organization called The Media Institute on Media and the Family:

By the time a child is eighteen years old, he or she will witness on television (with average viewing time) 200,000 acts of violence including 40,000 murders (Huston, et al, 1992).

www.mediafamily.org...

What the Hell do we expect; garbage in, garbage out. It's like we're training our children to be killers. So by the time I finished reading the stats, breakdowns, ruminations, and horror stories of life and death in this country, I couldn't help but contemplate the words of the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag - "One nation under God."

On June 14 (Flag Day), 1954 President Dwight D. Eisenhower approved the change in the Pledge of Allegiance, adding the words "under God". As he authorized this change he said:

"In this way we are reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual weapons, which forever will be our country's most powerful resource in peace and war."

www.homeofheroes.com...

You have to ask yourself, "What was Dwight smoking?" Because if this country’s most powerful resources are the spiritual "weapons" bolstered by a belief in a god, then those boys down there in Iran, must understand the nature of America's god better than Americans when they call us the "Great Satan". Because violence, death, murder, and abortions, are not a part of the God of Love's repertory. Jesus certainly didn't protest over a woman's rights to murder her unborn child. And while George Bush was calling Iraq, Iran, and North Korea the axis of evil, perhaps he forgot the legacy of evil the United States gave to the world.

On the 6th of August, 1945 President Harry S Truman began what would be America's destiny of violence, with an atomic bomb called "Little Boy" detonating over Hiroshima Japan, killing as many as 140,000 civilians. All the arguments about stopping the war to avoid more deaths were just excuses. You gotta know the boys at the Pentagon, as well as the Nazi bomb makers we brought here to help us build the damn thing after Hitler’s defeat, where more excited than debutants at a Navel Academy mixer, witnessing a real life demonstration of "Little Boy's" destructive power.

So the race for every country to get themselves a weapon of mass destruction or two, began in America. And as evil acts go, it was one of the greatest acts of evil in the history of humankind!

For those who are into numerology, the name Harry S Truman, when given a numerical value, reduces to a 5, which numerologist refer to as a destiny number.

Considering how everything went to Hell shortly afterwards, continuing on up until today, I'd say the case can be made for Truman setting our destiny of violence. Especially when you consider that he was also the 33rd President, which is a 6. The Pentagon was born (dedicated) on 1/15/1943 = 33, which is also a 6, and the date "Little Boy" was dropped 8/6/1945 = 33, which reduces to a 6. Hmmm... 666, a fitting tribute to the most evil act by men of all times?

Maybe Dwight was hoping for the best, but "One Nation Under God?" hardly. Not with our penchant for murder. Not with an economy built to hum during war. Not in a country ruled by the military industrial complex. And certainly not in a country that's notched 48 million abortions.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by SatansQue]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
48,589,993 well we have Hitler beat and are moving in on Stalin.
48,589,993 Because folks cant be responsible and are interested only in instant gratification, its a disgrace I dont care how you frame the womans "Right to Choose". Hippocratic Oath? whats that?

From 1986 - 2006, according to the FBI, there were 401,812 murders and non-negligent manslaughters in the U.S., along with 1,927,612 forcible rapes, and 19,403,845 aggravated assaults. That works out to an average of 55 murders, 264 rapes, and 2,658 aggravated assaults per/day, 365 days of the year over the 20-year reporting period.

No Discipline growing up maladjusted kids growing up without fathers in the home moral relativism and no instilling of morals by adults. So called role models who lie cheat and steal and are glorified for it. Marginalization of those who display morals and integrity.

Eisenhower did warn us of the Military Industrial Complex.

No we arent under any God in the USA. We are under the laws of man which can be changed to suit any agenda. Its all relative.

No moral center of any kind do whatever you feel like if you kill someone you will most likely be out of prison in 7-8 years.

I am not a Christian I dont need to be to see the moral cesspool we have become.

thats my view from the nest

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
this was never one nation under god, and one nation under god wouldn't be superior to a secular nation.. in fact, more secular nations have lower abortion rates... hmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by SatansQue

264,943 babies being killed in the womb

Ok, SQ...something to ponder :

Approximately 302,100 women are forcibly raped each year in the United States

From Here

Think they may have something in common ?

Makes me wonder.

Lex

Edit to fix a link.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I didn't know that, Lexion. Thanks for the info. It sure does make sense that raped women might want to have an abortion.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The nation under "GOD" they(Presidents=MASONS) refer to is the SUn GOD also known as Osiris so all of this killing and violence actually fits right in, we live in the belly and not a metaphoric belly but a real belly of the beast and we do his bidding!

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
CHRISTIANSEVEN, killing and violence also correspond to christianity. just read the bible if you don't believe me.

"one nation under god" was just a cold war, red scare reaction to the "godless commies"

they said godless like it was such a bad thing...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHRISTIANSEVEN
The nation under "GOD" they(Presidents=MASONS) refer to is the SUn GOD also known as Osiris so all of this killing and violence actually fits right in, we live in the belly and not a metaphoric belly but a real belly of the beast and we do his bidding!

It certainly does appear to be the case. Plus when you add the 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance in this country...

And for those that do. A friend felt a pain in her chest recently. Went to a local, famous, hospital known all over the world for test. Stayed overnight. The bill was $16,000, co-pay 20%.

Woman dies in ER lobby as 911 refuses to help
Tapes show operators ignored pleas to send ambulance to L.A. hospital
LOS ANGELES - A woman who lay bleeding on the emergency room floor of a troubled inner-city hospital died after 911 dispatchers refused to contact paramedics or an ambulance to take her to another facility, newly released tapes of the emergency calls reveal.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Folks, you have to know that every single day, I say to myself, "Dude, why are you dressed up like Satan, and calling yourself Satansque?"

Because for Ages saints, prophets, gurus, Holy men and women have said it's all about the love of God, and of each other, and for some reason humankind insists on doing it another way.

I figure if folks won't listen to them, maybe they'll listen to a guy dressed as the devil.

When abortion becomes just another form of birth controll - and the life of a human being can be so caluslously exterminated for any reason, human life, becomes devalued. Because in order to have the abortion, you have to first imagine that you're not really killing a human being, and next, you have a good reason to do it.

So, for a good reason, it's okay to kill.

Except if you're terminally ill, and really want to die. Then you can't come up with any reason they'll accept. Dr. Kevorkina just got out of jail for helping a man die, who really wanted to die.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

264,943 babies being killed in the womb

Ok, SQ...something to ponder :

Approximately 302,100 women are forcibly raped each year in the United States

From Here

Think they may have something in common ?

Makes me wonder.

Lex

Certainly there's a percentage of rapes that lead to pregnancy which leads to abortions. I'd have to say it's the minority of abortions, if you are to consider the AGI figures accurate. 48 million since 1973? 2 million rapes over a 20 year span, extrapolating the rape data over the same amount of time as the abortion data and you won't get a figure that could make up even 10% of the abortions in this country. and consider rape isn't guaranteed to lead to pregnancy, so the percentage of abortions that are/were performed because of rape is incredibly small.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Kingdrakethe3rd]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
[ i]Originally posted by Kingdrakethe3rd

if you are to consider the AGI figures accurate. 48 million since 1973? 2 million rapes over a 20 year span, extrapolating the rape data over the same amount of time as the abortion data and you won't get a figure that could make up even 10% of the abortions in this country.

Any links ?

Any information at all, other than your post ?

This is a serious issue. And your quantifying something that you don't
back up is sick.

Lex

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

if you are to consider the AGI figures accurate. 48 million since 1973? 2 million rapes over a 20 year span, extrapolating the rape data over the same amount of time as the abortion data and you won't get a figure that could make up even 10% of the abortions in this country.

Any links ?

Any information at all, other than your post ?

back up is sick.

Lex

How is it sick? estimated figures of over 1 million abortions annually, your data says only 300,000 rapes annually. There's no way rapes can make up the majority of abortions.

you want data to back-up what I say, read satansque's post. That's where I was basing my statements from, using the data he provided. You want more data start googling. That's where the data can be found.

www.nrlc.org...

www.guttmacher.org...

Found those two pretty quick on google.

www.google.com...

there you go, use that. If you think this is a serious issue you should probably look into it more than you do.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Kingdrakethe3rd]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Any links? Any information at all, other than your post ?

back up is sick.

Lex

You're getting upset about something you have no stats for, verges on hysterics.

Ok, so I went looking:

query.nytimes.com...

Rape and Incest: Just 1% of All Abortions
Indeed, in a 1987 survey by the Alan Guttmacher Institute in which abortion patients were asked why they were having an abortion, only 1 percent of the 1,900 women questioned named rape or incest. And 95 percent of those who mentioned rape or incest named other reasons as well for deciding to abort, the institute said.

This link has some abortion stats:
erlc.com...

On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion: 3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities; about 2/3 say they cannot afford a child; and 1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

So actually, unless the numbers of abortions due to rape has jumped dramatically (and if it did we would know about it.) Kingdrakethe3rd was really way off on the plus side, with 10%.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Any links? Any information at all, other than your post ?

back up is sick.

Lex

You're getting upset about something you have no stats for, verges on hysterics.

Ok, so I went looking:

query.nytimes.com...

Rape and Incest: Just 1% of All Abortions
Indeed, in a 1987 survey by the Alan Guttmacher Institute in which abortion patients were asked why they were having an abortion, only 1 percent of the 1,900 women questioned named rape or incest. And 95 percent of those who mentioned rape or incest named other reasons as well for deciding to abort, the institute said.

erlc.com...

On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion: 3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities; about 2/3 say they cannot afford a child; and 1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

So actually, unless the numbers of abortions due to rape has jumped dramatically (and if it did we would know about it.) Kingdrakethe3rd was really way off on the plus side, with 10%.

Thanks for the stats. I don't get why some people get so uspet about a lack of statistical proof when logical thinking can lead one to the same conclusions.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"E Pluribus Unum"

E pluribus unum referred to the integration of the 13 independent colonies into one united country, and has taken on an additional meaning, given the pluralistic nature of American society from immigration. The motto itself has thirteen letters.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Think about if all them people were alive, we'd be so overpopulated by now our economies would implode.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

erlc.com...

You are joking, yes ?

The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission is an agency of the Southern Baptist Convention that is dedicated to addressing social and moral concerns and their implications on public policy issues

From Here

Satan is quoting statistics from a Southern Baptist site.

WOW !!!!!

What say you, SQ ?

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with abortion especially in early stages of pregnancy. Sometimes you need to do it because of financial issues and because of some other reasons. Better than children in foster homes or population explosion, especially among poor people which lead to increased crime.

About WW2 and other atrocities, yes a-bomb was bad, there is no excuse to drop a bomb on innocent people. They are preparing to do that in Iran, especially Israel wants to do that. At same time they are using DU weapons in Iraq. No excuse for that either. Vatican is to blame too.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

erlc.com...

You are joking, yes ?

The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission is an agency of the Southern Baptist Convention that is dedicated to addressing social and moral concerns and their implications on public policy issues

From Here

Satan is quoting statistics from a Southern Baptist site.

WOW !!!!!

What say you, SQ ?

Regards,
Lex

couple of questions here:

What's your stance on abortion? Why is that your stance? is rape a prominent reason why your stance is the way it is?

you knock the sites with these statistics, but is there another site that has better information about abortion? Again, if this is something you think is serious, why not try and find statistics that counter what the site he's posted claims. I doubt you could make a case that rape is a main cause for the majority of the abortions performed(if that's your view).

For me I just use logic. I just don't see any way that rape makes up more than 10% of the amounts of cases of abortion that have been performed in this country. There have been and will be far more abortions than rapes when comparing the two over the same time period in this country. We're averaging 1 million abortions a year to 300,000 rapes(going by statistics used here. again, you don't like the stats? find some that contradict them). The percentage of rapes that actually lead to pregnancy is unlikely to be significantly higher than other cases of unprotected sex that lead to pregnancy. That means that only a minority of the women getting raped will get pregnant. Then you have to think about the percentage of women who will get abortions after being raped. although likely a majority it will not be 100%. As there will be women who will not want to destroy a life for the actions of a misguided man.

Does that make sense to you? what doesn't make sense? explain, besides calling logic "sick".

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by Kingdrakethe3rd

What's your stance on abortion?

I think it's a woman's choice.

Why is that your stance?

See above.

is rape a prominent reason why your stance is the way it is?

It does play a part.

you knock the sites with these statistics

I "knock" nothing.

There have been and will be far more abortions than rapes when comparing the two over the same time period in this country.

May you provide evidence of your statement ?

find some that contradict them

The bearer of information is the one responsible for the proof.

The percentage of rapes that actually lead to pregnancy is unlikely to be significantly higher than other cases of unprotected sex that lead to pregnancy.

Please provide proof of this.

As there will be women who will not want to destroy a life for the actions of a misguided man.

Does that make sense to you?

No, it doesn't.

What a fun world we live in.

Lex

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh my god, did a group of people really just take a bunch of "statistics" and say our society is messed up? I fail to see the point in any of these discussions. I'll repeat what I've said in a previous thread (Accurately labeled 27 million people killed by America), bad things happen in this world and sitting around on the internet complaining about them and posting statistics from one nations and labeling it as a failure isn't going to solve you problem.

I'm pretty sure EVERY person in the US thinks there is one thing or another wrong with it, it wouldn't be too difficult to find people who want change. There isn't much "Enlightening" to do here, the enlightenment is already done thanks to our education systems.

I appreciate people doing some research and all, but it's research that has been done before, ideals brought up before, and nothings been done about any of it. This country is still the way it is and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel, I say we use our flashlights instead of feeling around for an exit.

Is there anyone else who believes that actions should be taken?

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join