It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help with a strange cryptic message.Please!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
UPDATE:

* Maths professor hasnt got a clue but agrees its 'Set Theory'

* Electrical Engineer hasnt got a clue

* No other shops have seen him

* French guy hasnt been in since

* Mensa hasn't replied to me yet

Anyone else figured it out?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
UPDATE: (and this is a sad one)

Got a PHD in pure mathematics to check it out and she says its an 'Advanced Paradigm' which I guess is a puzzle that goes no-where. Much like 'igore sign on left - obey sign on right' but more advanced and makes you think further.

I am beyond annoyed. Hopefully she is wrong so I am still keeping an eye out for the french guy!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
lol man this has got me OCD i think Ellen (Maths PhD)
its like "if the barber shaves all the mens heads who don't shave them selfs then who shaves the barber"

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
THATS what I was trying to figure out - that quote exactly.

Quite a strange quote really considering myself and co-worker have between us a fair bit of facial hair (myself prone to not shave for nearly a week on end).

As for now I think its safe to say that there is NO answer to this riddle.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwinchee
lol man this has got me OCD i think Ellen (Maths PhD)
its like "if the barber shaves all the mens heads who don't shave them selfs then who shaves the barber"

That's Russell's paradox.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
maybe it is a formula for apoptosis-a series of events leading to the death of a cell. He could be a researcher in the cancer field.I dont know, just an idea.

I will try to find out more and let you know. The three dots, I am wondering myself. .... or maybe he is a mad scientist, Did he get close enough to maybe inject you with something. oooh what a scary thought.Hope to hear from you soon. just a little joke. but it makes you wonder.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Well, this is a most interesting puzzle, and I have to get kids ready for school, etc., so I won't have lots of time to help with this -- I love cryptography.

However, "dixit" is a Latin word, usually used in our time as part of the phrase "ipse dixit" which means:

An unsupported assertion, usually by a person of standing; a dictum.

[From Latin ipse dimacr.gifxit, he himself said (it) : ipse, he himself + dimacr.gifxit, third person sing. perfect tense of dimacr.gifcere, to say.]

www.yourdictionary.com...

So it seems somebody or other (PM) is saying to others and to you something ...

Yeah - I was just going to say it too - this is LATIN....the language of science...and yes - French is derived FROM Latin...(as are many European languages...inc English...)

J

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeeko
Thanks for that - perhaps its a sign that he wants something after I die?? (remember I DID say he was weird)

or:

'I was dead - according to you and others...'

Jimbo999

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
See the news?

By "old" you don't mean like.... 27?

Was he a Doctor?

"The suspect had been working as a registrar at the Gold Coast Hospital in eastern Queensland state."

That would be..... weird.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by smokindude]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Na he definitely wasn't 27. I'd say 50s

Plus I saw him on the street the other day but as I was on an important call and late back to work it didn't even register in my head who it was until I got back to the shop.

And for the question about if he was close enough to inject me, that wasn't possible as I was on the other side of a wide counter.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
ok, this is the best i can do for you. First i must ask are you sure he was french? or could he be italian. was his name Giorgio Talenti? Anyways it seems to be a complex-valued solution to a 2d eikonel equation.All i can do is give you an email to this Georgio Talenti and maybe he can tell you what it means.

[email protected] Let me know what he says and i hope this will solve the mystery behind this guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wow why can't stuff like this ever happen to me?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have no clue, my math skills are starting to fade ... and I never took a class in electronics.

Hope you get it solved; seems like you have gotten a few leads.

The barber puzzle ... I would say, the barber would be a woman, or no one, for someone who doesn't shave like ZZ tops.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
ok so i cant really help you out (at least not at the moment) with the seemingly math like equation. but, i can help you out with the words.
so as you already know what 'et al e tu' means, i can help you with the dixtt part.

in some french speaking countries there is a term which more than likely isnt in most dictionaries. this term has been passed down through multiple generations and is used as a verb and a noun (as far as i know) the term is usually un-translate-able but not always. but i digress.
this term 'dixtt' is used in describing what is called the 'evil eye'. this term is used in many french speaking countries, but the notion of an evil eye is known of in many many many countries world wide. including but not limited to: greece, italy, persia, africa, etc.
for instance you may be familiar with the italian/sicilian term 'maloik/a'(sp?).
many times these words for this evil eye phenomenon are not listed in dictionaries and are commonly passed through oral history.

so this leads me to ask you a couple questions.
1.did this gentleman have blue eyes? having both of my 'rents born and raised in the sw area in sicily i am familiar with this anomaly as it has been passed down for countless generations. it is often associated with someone of blue eyes. so in defense many people carry a blue colored stone or piece of glass or artifact in their pocket or on their possesion in order to block someone from passing the maloik(sp?).

2.did this gentleman compliment you at all? according to this tradtion this is a very important thing if not the most important. the evil eye is passed onto someone by another person by complimenting. it is believed that this act of complimenting on the outside while cursing/spite(ing) within is the way it is passed.

3. as we know you said that he dissed you so to speak. if it was the evil eye that is a good sign because dissing is said to be a way to oust this phenomena. for example a grandmother is walking with her granchild and a person comes along and over elates how beautiful the grandchild is, well the grandmother sensing the hollow compliment quickly disagrees saying that no her grandchild is not that beautiful.

now there are many other associations with this but the 3 previously listed are generally the most important.

as i stated most of this is unwritten oral history that is passed down trough generations. so this dixtt, as stated, is used in some french speaking places as a word for the evil eye. however what this mans intentions were/weren't i have no idea.

In Goa, we also believe that "dixtt" (evil eye) can create havoc.

source:www.goacom.com...

goa is a nation located on the eastern coast of india

Main Languages : Tamil, English & French

source:www.indiasite.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I couldn't resist having a ponder on this puzzle after reading through the posts so far, here's what I reckon if it's any help...

Outlined in blue; The lightbulb-graphic could either symbolise light in the physical/scientific sense or enlightenment in the spiritual/metaphorical.

I'd be inclined to think that the lightbulb is meant to repesent the physical scientific characteristics of light as the equation, outlined in red, has been written with a 'drop-shadow' effect to emphasise the fact.

The box, outlined in yellow, looks familiarly like a Venn-diagram set..with the 'E' denoting 'Everything'...an allusion to 'think of everything outside the box?'

The text 'PM dixit et al e tu' could be taken to read 'darkness I say, for all, and/even you

A call for you to wake up to a philosophical&scientific enlightenment perhaps?

Edit to add after a bit more thought:

Could the equation could be something to do with a Universal/Unified Theory? The lightbulb could be a graphical representation of what we already have determined scientifically as a constant ie: the speed of light and denoted by the boxed 'E'...energy-cubed perhaps?

In this sense the 3-dimensional cube graphic on the reverse of the card could be a representation of the 3 'dimensions of energy' ie: heat, light, and sound, and that there are two or more properties/dimensions of energy that science has yet to discover which would lead to the formation of the Grand Unified Theory???

[edit on 10-8-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Dont know much about this , but it looks like it is trying to say somehting about "----" being 5 cubed, which "U" is then a equal to. I say this because of the three dots next to the 5 +.

The back of the card seems to represent the explenation of a three dimensional space,which the front would define.

I think the words are to be desiphered after the math.

The N is checked semmingly saying positive. The Y is x-ed seemingly saying negative. If yes = negative. No= positive.

a positive 5(?) is = 3 dimensional space. ??

This looks like a test for an invitation of some sort. To solve it, then would prove your minds inclination to what ever he's offering. He will be back.

unless the answer reveals contact info,

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well at least the man is still around. What area of town was it and whenever in that area look ut for him.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The light bulb is highly significant, I believe. The inventor of the lightbulb was Thomas Alva Edison. Perhaps this formula was one he thought of, so maybe it can be found within one of his notebooks.

If not, the light bulb may just symbolize a "bright idea."

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
While searching for answers I came across some very interesting if not eccentric individuals.

OP, does this guy look familiar:

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Sorry about the picture size. Here's a link to a full size picture at his site.

Warning: this guy has some strange ideas.

www.timecube.com...

[edit on 10-8-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Warning: this guy has some strange ideas.

www.timecube.com...

[edit on 10-8-2007 by jbondo]

Not only that, he has one hell of a large ego.

Dr. Gene Ray, Cubic and Wisest Human

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join