It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help with a strange cryptic message.Please!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Maybe you sold him the last components for the BOMB he is carrying in the backpack. The cards are his idiolectic set of clues he is passing out as part of his ritual game, part of which is taunting his "oppressors", whom he ridicules with this ritual. Catch me if you can!

The clues aren't meant for now, but for after the event. At that time the clues will make more sense. Maybe you should be asking the police also, just for fun.

Somehow the behavior reminds me of the Unibomber, Ted Koczinski.

But don't take this too seriously. Many senarios are of course possible.

Am I helping??

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
looking at this reminds me, font wise and graphically, of Mensa puzzle books and similar..

Things to note - the font is serif, not sans-serif, which is far more common on the internet, and the default for most word processing programs - Arial is a sans serif font.. Most printing, on the other hand, is serif (serifs are the "tails" on letters, eg, a sans-serif font would have a lower case i simply being a line and a dot. A serif font, has two lines (usually) at the top and the bottom perpendicular to the actual letter itself.

Most people who use word processors tend to simply go with the default font, or something that they think looks pretty. They don't tend to choose serifed fonts automatically.

The other thing that strikes me is the pattern on the greyscale underneath the formula - a moire pattern. That's generally newspapers and magazines. It's hard to tell with the colored portions, but if they were printed in a newspaper or magazine, they'd show a sort of characteristic composite 'dot' pattern..

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Double Post - Delete Please!

[edit on 6-6-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Couldn't resist so I had a look again.

Physics is definetely not my strongpoint but I found this website here.

Physics Symbols

*Epsilon = electrical permittivity (e0 = 8.854 x 10 - 12 F / m) and a bunch of other stuff.

Ill leave that to the electronics people =). It seems to have some sort of meaning that is relevant to the card but possibly not the entire equation.

I'm going to skip to the back page for a while. I believe, whether this card is bunk or not, that this is a reference to the 5th dimension. This video The 10 Dimensions is good at explaining the concept of dimensions and states that going into a higher dimension can allow you to change position in a lower one.

Eg. A 2d piece of paper folded over now joins the edges that were previously very far from each other.

Now think of this: If the 4th dimension is time, then theoretically going into the fifth 'could' allow you to move to another position in time.

Now back to the back side of the card. The number five and (what I perceive to be) the unfolded cube (of only 5 sides, bottom not counted) are both done in a shadow font. Without going into too much depth I think what the card is trying to say is that our 3d environment is simply a 'shadow' of the 5th dimension. This makes sense to me because theoretically the fifth dimension is time X possible worlds. Imagine there was a floor packed with one layer of marbles (all representing our Earth in different states of time and possibilities) covered in a sheet representing the 5th dimension (time X potential worlds). Each version of Earth is only perceived to be the same thing in the 3d world, yet when viewed from a 5d perspective you can tell where they stand in relation to time and possibilites. Obviously there wont be enough marbles but hopefully my point is coming across semi-coherently. As you change the fifth dimension - or move through it - the shadow changes (or that which is directly below the sheet with the marble example). Its hard to write what I'm trying to say here. Theres a reason why I studied biology and not physics!

Anyway, its my belief that the reverse side is a reference to the fifth dimension. From there, you've got light, time and electricity to deal with. That sure narrows it down!

I'll come back to this later on in the week. This is a bit too much after work.

Maybe we need someone like NeonHaze to have a look.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Quote/ and after buying a few bits and
pieces (it was his second time in the shop for the day). End Quote/

How did he pay? If he payed with a card you can track him down. Then you can ask him yourself what it all means.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Also PM is a petameter and approximatly 10pm is the speed of light, it's actually 9.46pm. And as I've already said it doesnt look like DIXIT is written but more like DIX with some other symbol behind. And dix is french for number 10. So I was googleing for all this when I came across this "standard uncertainty" :
physics.nist.gov...
I'am really no einstein, I was really bad at maths in school, but all the sybols in the equation on the card look the same as on this website.
Anyway I'am only trying to find things, probably most of it is useless

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bprintz1
Maybe you sold him the last components for the BOMB he is carrying in the backpack. The cards are his idiolectic set of clues he is passing out as part of his ritual game, part of which is taunting his "oppressors", whom he ridicules with this ritual. Catch me if you can!

Interesting choice there - we HAVE had a bomb go off in town, however before we all get excited it was about 30-40 YEARS ago when the foundations of a japanese owned resort were sabotaged during construction by those still harbouring anger towards the Japanese from WW2.

As for the mensa comment - thats where I may have seen it before.

He paid by cash both times.

And like hell I'm going to the police. Last time I saw them was when Interpol knocked on my door wanting help with a hacking case in Romania (weird huh?).

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i get 5 dimensions, the formular may mathematically show how it is possible? Did you see what type of car he left in? I work in an electronics store in NSW and we get some really out there characters from Nimbin and Byron Bay (Google US brothers). I only have one french customer and he is a true gent, he sent us a christmas card at christmas and all of the staff learned his sign/french language after a while. This character you have needs a little special attention. Offer him a cup of tea and a seat in a quiet part of the store. Take the card out and turn it over a few times, he won't be able to help himself, he will have to say something.

JSR

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeeko
And like hell I'm going to the police. Last time I saw them was when Interpol knocked on my door wanting help with a hacking case in Romania (weird huh?).

very weird, why would they do that?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Oh I feel for you! Ninbin AND Byron? And I thought old nudist dutch/germans and stupid retired caravaners who ask "Why don't you sell 12v TVs? Because Harvey Norman does". To which we reply "look around, conduit, cable, hardware, more cable, test equipment, we don't 'do' consumer electronics".
Are you at a Tricky or LEE shop?

Considering we aren't completely retail, mainly trade, there isnt anywhere to sit down with him and we are usually quite busy testing or building equipment. But next time he comes in (notified staff to keep him in store until I come in if ive snuck out for a ciggie) I will be asking him all sorts of questions.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
very weird, why would they do that?

Because of my history and some digging up I did trying to track these guys down personally after a friend was scammed.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Was Tricky now Han Solo. Dick sold out.
Oh and it's funny when the Germans ask where the douche is.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
Was Tricky now Han Solo. Dick sold out.
Oh and it's funny when the Germans ask where the douche is.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

Han Solo? You meaning an independant?

Sorry guys for getting off topic here

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Shame you don't have a store camera like most of the stores on this planet have these days.

If he returns I would say hi, I looked at the cards you left with me and to be honest I don't know what they are supposed to mean can you explain them to me.

Maybe you should keep a camera handy in case he returns then one of your workers can film him while you keep him busy. Also when he leaves watch to see where he goes if he uses a vehicle take pictures.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We do have a camera (not in that section though) but its data is only saved for a short period then replaced with new data each day - its only backed up if there is suspicion - would of been a good time to save it.

Never mind another camera will be setup with an instant record function and I will keep my camera-phone on counter for that covert 'broken phone being tested - not working' look.

EDIT -Been looking at a lot of Mensa puzzles and am sending the card to Mensa Australia for some insight.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Zeeko]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
once again:

I'm an engineer, mathematician, and physics buff and I'm telling you, the front side equation reads:

"u equals the set of all alpha such that + or - alpha equals positive five."

Now, alpha may be a function, not a variable, and u would then be a function space. This is entirely possible.

Alpha could also be defined over more than just the real numbers; complex numbers could also be involved, which is probably why he didn't just write "|a|=5". Because +/- alpha = 5+ in real space is equivalent to |a|=5.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
oh and wikipedia says:
"dixi" means "I have spoken.", an eloquent ending to an argument. (think mathematical proof here). Someone earlier said "dixit" means that someone said something, and I now agree.

I keep thinking hes a mathematician, or maybe a slightly more unapplied physicist. Although the strangeness of the back is still at large, I doubt he's a time traveler. Wouldn't he want to tell you as much as possible if he was? Either he's trying to pass on technology to the past (which means he would've done it to hundreds of years ago, methinks) or he's trying to prevent something. Being cryptic will do neither.

I think he made a proof which was denied for fallacious argument, and now thinks that maybe it was right. Dunno the whole story.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
wow, I'm an idiot.

PM Dixit Et Al....

in scientific reports ET AL means the others writing the report. If indeed PM DIXIT is a professor, then PM DIXIT ET AL is how the paper would be cited when used as a source. I'm in the process of google scholar-ing pm dixit, so hang tight.

it could also be "DIXIT, PM ET AL"

cool

haha, LOTS of great articles by him that relate:
Most are about fracture and materials sciences, and one even includes something called "fuzzy set theory" which uses some kind of set theory to utilize approximations in calculations.

An arrow (ala backside) in fuzzy logic represents the same thing as it does in linear algebra: a function that maps one vector space onto another. Because of THIS FACT ALONE, I'm sure that the big 5 represents the 5th dimension (of math). Why did he not write R^5 though? That's how one typically describes a numerical dimension.

So, u could be a lookalike of mu, the "membership function" of a fuzzy space. Basically, if mu(x) = 1, then x is in the set. if mu(x) = 0, it is not. If mu(x)=.5, then the number is fuzzy and halfway exists in the set and halfway not. mu is defined on a range of [0,1] (0-1 inclusive).

[edit on 6-6-2007 by pondrthis]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi All,

been looking at the card - great thread zeeko! Cool stuff.
I was wondering about the three dots above the equation on the front of the card. It *could* be related to this -

Mayan Numeral Table

The 22nd number is relatively close to the three dots above the equation. I wonder what that means? Could the number 22 be relevant to the equation or some kind of date? It's above the equation, so it might be the number to put into the equation?

Keep on pressing, this is really interesting and I'm following the thread daily

- zeeon

Edit: Also, the brail character "U" is represented by one dot on top, one dot below it, and one dot to the right (next to) the lower dot, almost forming a "L" in the normal alphabet. It's a stretch, but maybe he couldn't line it up properly? Just throwing things out there...

[edit on 6-6-2007 by zeeon]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
zeeon,
many people including myself have stated that the three dots are in fact a mathematical symbol for the word "therefore".

As in,
x=5,
y=5,
THEREFORE,
x=y

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join