It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Of course I had one .. or two maybe four, I really lost my count. But
to add this my father too had these dreams. I had couple of dozen of precog dreams, so many I am sure dreams have some connection out of time or with time to come, or pre-programming for the future, and most important we forget them really fast after awakening. Think about that!!!
I think we sync to central server while we dream theory is my cup of tea.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've only had one, but it was more like I was dreaming about something that was actually taking place while I was sleeping.

This was a very short dream... I found myself inside a space shuttle looking at a woman who stared right at me and asked something like "Who the hell are you?" I mumbled something about being there to help and a tiny hole was forming on one of the walls. In the dream I thought it was a micro meteorite. So, I held something over it and turned to look towards the cockpit, when I saw a bright flash and woke up.

I took my morning leak, turned on the television and the first channel I saw was showing something breaking up in the sky and it was the Columbia. I was freaking stunned and jumped on the phone to share this bizarre experience with a few people who basically told me to go F myself and stop lying.

Things like that and other ideas I get that seem to happen are starting to make me believe that somehow, some of us are sharing our thoughts on a subconcious level.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

okayy
this has happened to me MANY timees and im onlyy 13.
the onlyy problem is when it happens to me, its in my dreams but i dont know its a precoginition until its acctually happening.
so what is that?
its like percoginition but i dont know it is in the dream.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have had a few dreams that I would entertain as being of a possibly precognitive nature. The one which I think most dramatic happened in 2000. I dreamed I was in a tall building. I was looking out the window over a city scape. All of a sudden, I noticed a passenger plane heading right for the building. As it approaches the window I am looking out, the dream shifts. I am now riding in the passenger seat of my mother's car. The radio is discussing the event I had just witnessed. After this I wake up.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There are billions of people who live on this planet and we all dream. If there was any evidence of precognition, then surely we would have evidence by now. The fact that we don't speaks volumes. There simply isn't any evidence that precognitive dreams are real.
People are simply reading too much into it, mainly because they don't really understand how the brain stores & recalls information.

Just about everyone messes about with the remote for their TV everyday, flicking through literally hundreds of channels. Your literally storing information that your are not even aware of. All the information that is accumulated throughtout the day is then sorted and then stored away as images in the form of dreams. (Basically uploaded to your subconscious for permanent storage).

I'm certainly not rulling precognition out, but more scientific studies need to be done and as our technology improves, someday we will hopefully find out whether we have this ability or not.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

your right this area really needs to have more research....being someone with a science degree and also precogntive dreams it's something I'd like to pursue one day.

Dreaming my entire life when i was kid knowing what kinda girls i'll be with, what interest I have, what kinda jobs i'll have. (so many exact incidents i'd love to go thru) I cant believe there are other ppl out there, it is really cool
I like to think incidents in life in random, then glimpses of that dream come rushing back that feels much larger than deja vu.

one also global incident. 2 banks merging in australia, westpac and st geroge was a big one (they were one company in my dream as a kid and their 3 letter stock tag was WSG, right now its WBC and STG but I can bet my life they'll change it to WSG even though theres no plans on the news now, and I dont or have worked 4 either one and dont know else one that does)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have had more than one dream, i have dreamt of several deaths and injuries of relatives. although my dreams may vary slighty compared to what actually happens the basics of dreams and reality are the same. i have dreamt of meeting people and houses i have lived in before i met the people or moved in the houses. I also dreamt about my son long before he was concieved, to my shock he even looked how i dreamt him too. these dreams never really bothered me before but lately they are more vivid and feel very angry. i would like to find a professional in this field that could help me understand them, control them and hopefully stop them. the dreams are starting to affect the way i feel during my usual days and make me not want to fall asleep at night.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've experienced this many times. The first time I really remember it happening was when I was fourteen. I was on the yearbook staff in high school, and one summer we went to a yearbook camp that was being held at USD. One morning a friend of mine and I were walking to one of the classes, when I looked down at the green grass and saw our shadows. In that moment it hit me. When I thought back to my dream, I didn't remember anything else but how our shadows were contrasted against the bright vibrancy of the grass. Obviously is was unchangeable.

Since then I've gone on to experience it a few more times. I find that the older I get, the more infrequently they come. I had a dream some years ago about wrapping Christmas presents with my sister-in-law. We were locked away in a bedroom, hiding from the kids so they wouldn't ruin the wrapping paper. I remember her complaining about her mom and then my mother-in-law had come in the room and started arguing with her about something. A month or so later I found myself locked away in a bedroom wrapping presents with my sister-in-law. It wasn't until she started complaining about her mother that everything soaked in. All of a sudden, I interrupted her by saying that I'd already heard it before and that her mom was going to come in and start yelling. Her mom did come in, but there was no yelling, my sister in law told her mother what I'd said. The two thought I was off my rocker. I'm thinking that since I interrupted my sister and told her about it, and her telling her mom about it changed what might have happened...

Everytime I experience these moments, it's mostly insignificant compared to everything that goes on around the world. I do remember though that when the London bombings happened I'd had a dream about that. I had no idea what was really going on, in it. I remember hearing an explosion and there was smoke...I remember not being able to see anything and I couldn't breathe very well, and I remember how scared I felt. I actually woke up from that, it took me a few minutes to actually calm down. My heart was pounding in my chest and I was shaking. I had no idea what it meant, I couldn't remember any definite landmarks, nothing even looked familiar. The next day the London bombings were on the news and I felt confused and then guilty. Like I should have done something or...I know it's completely irrational.

That has been the only time that I've ever dreamt of a global event...that I know of. Since then, I've only dreamt about one or two things that ended up happening to me.

I would love for scientists to explore this phenomena. From a scientific stand point, I understand their reasoning...there's no facts to support it, but then how is it possible that so many people experience it? Granted there are probably a few who've lied for some reason or another, but not all people are liars. And that supposed idea that we've all lived this life (and I mean same exact life) before and thats the reasoning behind precognative dreams and deja vu, it just doesn't mix well for me.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i have had countless dreams of this nature for as long as i can remember. it happened alot more frequently when i was a kid but every couple of months i have one now. nothing more to say its never world changing stuff and it always involves my own future

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My mom has had precognitive dreams since I was little. When I was 7, I remember she had a dream about my cousin Randy... she was in the back seat of a car with my grandfather, Randy was driving, and his wife Ramona was in the passenger seat. My mom was yelling at Randy to slow down and he kept laughing at her. A couple of weeks later, Randy & Ramona were killed in a horrible car accident on their way home from a fishing trip... my grandfather was suppose to go with them, but was called into work the night before so he didn't go.

Then, a couple of years ago, she had a dream about my uncle Dover telling her someone in the family who's name starts with a "D" would die. She went through every name in the family that started with a "D", except for Dover. Dover passed away about a week later.

Now, a few days ago she had a dream about my uncle James, he was coming out of his bedroom fixing his tie. He has NEVER worn a tie before... lol. She asked him why he was so dressed up, and he replied, "Well, you know I have that funeral to go to, I figured I'd wear a tie for once." When she asked him WHO'S funeral, he just smiled at her. Well, last night my cousin called to tell me that James (her dad) is in the hospital, and the doctors have given him MAYBE two weeks to live.

Interesting... and freaky.

-Steff

[edit on 25-1-2009 by steffi0412]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I haven't had dreams, but I have had visions per say. With dreams, I have had unconscious out of body experiences where I can recall multiple things going on at once, while sleeping, but that's it. It seems that this power is not all that uncommon to some of my ancestors that are called jessakids.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Wow. A lot of people have these dreams. As for me, I have never had a single precognitive dream in my entire life. Do I still consider myself a precog? Yup. You see I don't have precognitive dreams, I have precognitive thoughts. I'll think of something and five seconds later It'll happen. Or, one time I asked myself a question that I never thought before and I said I would look it up later. Later in the day my friend calls me and, I didn't even say anything about my question, she answered it! She said that it was an experiment she had to do at home and let me tell the skeptics, she doesn't do experiments at home very often.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes, I have. I was little and there were these twin boys on my bus. I had a dream where I was listening to their conversation. I had these twice, 2 times in a row. It was the same little boys, but different conversations. I thought it had something to do with the woods in our backyard and our dogs. I don't know why I think these were the reasons. I just had a feeling that that was why it had happened.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The best one was a couple of years back. A woman who had been very significant to me came back into my life but she now lives in Montreal while I'm in the UK. Nonetheless, the connection is very intense.

Before I got my Skype sorted out, we had to ration our transatlantic calls to once or twice a week.

I had a very strange dream in which I was at a party and wanted to talk to her, but she was surrounded by extravagantly flamboyant gay men.

The next time I called I mentioned this weird dream and she went very quiet for a moment or two before saying that she'd been to a publishing party the night I had the dream and there had indeed been a number of gay men being very camp indeed.

Not exactly precognitive, but I think good evidence of a psychic connection.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Silly me... of course I forgot to mention that the Princeton Global Consciousness Project has some striking evidence of precognition: they collect anomalous data from a global network of random number generators.

When the attention of a lot of people is focused on one thing, these RNGs start behaving non-randomly - as if suddenly people all over the world flipping coins started flipping heads time and time again.

One of the biggest disturbances in the data came on 9/11 - but the data started to spike four hours before the attacks.

Massive scientific evidence of precognition, and massively under-reported.

I put together this thread about it.

Not precisely on topic, but relevant nonetheless, I think.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Duhhh... I'm just getting old and forgetful. Last Thursday morning I woke from a rather strange dream in which I wound up having an argument with a follower of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (founder of TM, owner of a fleet of Rolls-Royces).

I went into work and got into conversation with a friend only to find out that he'd been to a TM school as a child and trained in their version of the meditative arts. It came as a complete surprise, and it was only later I remembered the dream.

There's a really good book that's sadly difficult to get hold of, now, called An Experiment With Time by J. W. Dunne. It shows that dreams like the one I've just described are actually quite common - if you write down your dreams when you wake you'll be surprised how often some quirky feature from them comes up in the next day or so.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The night before the plane in the hudson went down, i dreamed about a plane crash.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Gaahh...

If there was an actual dream I had no recall of it, but...

One morning I woke up with the most incredibly powerful urge to ring my best friend. I was working abroad and eventually managed to get to a phone box where I could do this.

Normally my friend greets me in, as you'd expect, a most bonhomous and welcoming way... not that day. He sounded dead, in shock. It turned out that one of his close friends from a long time ago had just died in a road accident.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have had precongnitive dreams or 'flash dreams' since I was four...I had one tonight.

Dream
I was lying in bed and I smelt something burning, I got up and there was nothing there. I checked on everything in the house and there was nothign there. I was mad that I was even up (granted I had gone to bed around 11 and it was now 412am.) I went to the bathroom and even looked in the mirror.

When I opened the door, the house was engulfed in flames. It hurt unbelieveably bad and I heard people calling my name. There was a flash and I was on a strecher in the hospital. People were telling me that i was going to be ok, as we rushed down the corridor.

Awake
I woke up and was soo scared, i did excatly what I did in my dream. I got up and checked on the house cause there was the smell of smoke and burning. I went to the bathroom and even looked in the mirror, I placed my hand on the door to see if everything was as it seemed. I opened the door and there was nothing there.

This is the second night in a row that I have had this dream. This is also the second night that my mom and me have woke up at the same exact time and thought the same thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Several family members have had dreams come true, and I've had a deeply disturbed ex-gf accurately predict something in her dreams about me (in detail too).

I've had three of my own that I can remember:

- I had a vivid dream that a car would spectacularly burst into flames the next day, and although I could only see the flames in the dream, I got the gut feeling that it was my good friend. I didn't sleep well that night, and had many dreams, but that one really stood out. The very next day, I casually/jokingly mentioned it during breakfast with him and his wife, which bothered his wife. Later that day, we found a major gasoline leak above his exhaust manifold. Shortly after, he got a text message out of the blue from an ex-girlfriend (he hadn't talked to her in 3 years) who was heavily involved in spiritual things (usually dark) and predicting this kind of stuff. The message was just his name with a question mark (she shouldn't have even had his new phone number), which he ignored, being that he's a happily married man and she was an extremely negative influence in everyone's lives. Anyway, a month later, the gasoline leak came back and the car actually did burst into flames, about 10 feet in front of me. They were just as high and spectacular as in my dream.

- I dreamed that it was raining once (something like "damn, it's raining"), woke up a little confused about it, then looked outside and it was raining... not hard enough that I should have heard it, but definitely more than a drizzle.

- A couple days after my best friend got married, we were out of town together before their honeymoon, and I dreamed that I saw him and his wife walking there together and she was pregnant (not really visibly, but it was just known). Almost exactly a year later, I was at that same place with them again, and that happens to be the weekend that she found out that she was pregnant with their first child.

Being a more skeptical person, it's pretty easy for me to write off #2 and #3 as coincidence, or maybe even logical expectations, although those dreams did seem to have something maybe a little different about them. #1 is a bit harder, as it was far more vivid, detailed, and immediate, plus there's the surprise involvement of the crazy ex (who we've nicknamed "the devil"; she was my crazy ex as well... she got around).

[edit on 21-7-2009 by TurboDC4]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join