It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is a quote from Robert A. Monroe that always sticks with me, "For those who would dream, there is reality."

How much did this man really know. That quote alone tells me he knew.

Hence, I like to reflect on it from time to time and quiz myself on what I know.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just read this thread and I would like to share my experiences in precognitive dreams.

Yes, I regularly experience precognitive dreams which become realities in my life for several years now. Most of my dreams are symbolic in nature, others do show the people and events that I will encounter in the future. I bought a book, The Dreamer's Dictionary by Tom Corbett and it is very useful in deciphering my dream symbols. I record my dreams in my planner almost daily, interpret them using the book and I routinely expect them to happen.

I also use Dream Control Technique which I read from The Silva Mind Control book years ago, and it has helped me solve some problems in my life. Years ago, it provided me a contact person for a small investment in which I profited up to now. The solutions can come through dreams and/or persons/events. In 2006, I programmed for another job and in my dream I saw the area where a broker I knew lived and in a few months, we met and he offered me a job for his business operations. Up to now, I use the technique from time to time.

I also practiced the Silva Mental Video Technique which I downloaded for free at docstoc.com. but I prefer the older Dream Control Technique.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The most important one i had in my life is that i had no interest in females and it would ruin my life.

It was an understatement or what, my life was absolutely ruined and always will be for nothing other than this. What the feck my life had to do with any female is beyond me, and why the uk gov and police could not have just let me alone to just goto work i will never know.

But thats the most important thing i knew and it was important to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi! I am posting because I didn't feel the need to start a new thread!

I have had this experience since i remember it kinda comes and goes in spells but lately vivid dreams that I have had in the past have come to pass and i feel myself in the exact moment and just go with it, it's pretty euphoric knowing exactly whats going to happen for the next minute or so. I used to get wierded out and 'snap' out a lot earlier than i do now.

Thinking further the dreams can average at 1 and a half years before the event occours *I really wish i had kept a diary of my dreams* extreme sides of it are 3 days after and around 5/6 years-that was when i was younger than 10 though and the memories are sketchy.

You could put all this down to something else just being in familiar places or whatever but after tonight im really not buying it! I remember the dream i had around 3 years ago in which 3 minutes of my life ( i originally wrote lofe? :puz
were rolled out in front of me. I was in my garage/studio playing *trying to play* 'man in the mirror-michael jackson' on guitar I've just got in to a habit of finding a tune on youtube and looking at how to play it ( tablature ) in a different browser tab. I scanned through guitar tablature and found one that was similar but not quite so restarted the vid and figured it out from there. Half way through the first verse it struck, in an instant i remembered the dream i remember telling an ex girlfriend when i woke from the dream and i remember i had an unusual set up- 2 things in the studio that wouldn't really work well together which i now have because of a few side projects I also have things in different places which are in the same place as they were in the dream but weren't there when i had it. I remembered playing the song i remember that i felt exactly the same in both situations, the experience stopped before the song finished.

Thats pretty much all i can add at the moment, hope this helps

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Older thread, but newer topic for me. I have been having them more and more frequently. Seems they are multi-layered in meaning and I can interpret them in other ways once the event happens. It seems that the future event happens in 2-3 days. I am beginning to understand more easily the symbolic "language" within the dreams. And now that I am taking them seriously, I look forward to them, ask for more of them, and define more what my question is. Not only am I communicating with myself via dreams as well as tapping into others, I am also trusting my intuition and knowing more, as well as getting imagery while in conscious daily life. I am taking them seriously as I cannot ignore them as coincidence anymore. One of them was so "to the tee" that I would be a fool not to.

The events I am dreaming of are personal and relationship oriented, but do involve others within that group. People other people know that I do not in real life.
One dream involved a perfect stranger that I later recognized in real life, and who was a professional in the area that I was inquiring about. It validated for me a question I was asking, and the stranger made a prediction in the dream that came to be.
Another was a scenario in a dream that came to be within days. I am aware that the dream was preparing me for the next days events, and even included ordinary objects not just as symbols but as actual objects during the event. Again, multi-layered.
Another dream I have had is not precognitive exactly as it hasn't come true, but it was enough to feel like it was a direct communication about the future in general. I was asking direct questions and they were answering me directly. The answers were also multi-layered, and have affected my perception of certain "issues" in my life.

Since developing trust about the dreams, I find I am having more intuitive, or psychic moments during the day. At least I am "listening" better. Finding multi-layered meaning in the "real world" imagery and taking the same kind of approach with them as well. From there I have "predicted events" also.

It is making life more interesting to "watch".

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have had several precognitive dreams. Most of them have had something to do with one of my pets, friends or a family member, but I have had others happen before really tragic events that happen around the world. The world event ones don't happen that much though and that makes me glad because it sucks when you see something before it happens, but you are unable to do anything at all about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I've had a few, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Earliest I remember was seeing Princess Diana in a car wreckage and knowing she was dead. Hours later my mother woke me to tell me it had just been on the news that Princess Diana had died in the night after a car accident.

Others involve things like dreaming of a snippet of conversation on an IM service and then having that exact conversation with those exact words said 6 months later and dreaming of a road with a distinct shape and buildings either side then seeing them years later while on a journey to a place I'd never been to before and haven't been to since. In fact, I couldn't even tell you where I did go because I can't remember.
edit on 23/6/2011 by curious7 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have them regularly and have since I was a small child. Most are of no importance, I'll dream my husband brings a certain food home to surprise me and within a day or two he does kinda thing.
I often have precognitive dreams of the deaths of loved ones or my pets:
I had one recurring dream from age 8-26 about losing my sister, I had that same dream untill her untimely death. Everything about us looking for and finally finding her body, down to the actions on the last day we saw her alive played out almost exactly as the dream.
Once, on a Saturday night I dreamt one of my students had died only to find out Monday morning she fell gravely ill on that Saturday night and almost died on the way to the hospital.
I dreamt my hermit crab fell out of his shell when I picked him up, then when I went to let him out for his morning exercise he was really dead.

I could go on for days with these and have only in the last few years started a dream journal so my husband wont think I'm too crazy. I have also started having them while I'm awake, not called the same thing I'm sure but I have fleeting thoughts then they just play out.

I used to dream of a house on a farm with these cool out buildings. Then on a road trip in a remote area I'd never been we drove right by the exact property I'd saw in my dreams. That time I has such a fearful feeling when I saw it that I thought I was going to throw up. Weird

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i have these alot, and sometimes i have the oportunity to tell someone next to me what it about to happen. the first significant one was when i was 15 and it was during a theatre rehearsal, and i had a deja vu feeling, but i told the girl sitting with me that a kid was going to trip, we were going to laugh and the teacher was going to single us out a yell at us. sure enuff, an hour later, it happened, and my friend looked at me afterwards like i had grown a second head, it was pretty awesome! i looove those!! ^^

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've had one of these dreams before.

For about a week, I've been waiting for a package to arrive in the mail. Then one day, i had this dream where my mail came in. My mom brought it in through the front door. I ran to my room and opened my mail, sure enough it was the stuff for my guitar, the package i was waiting for. I was so happy. After, i woke up. I was like, damn was just a dream. Not too long after waking up, my dream unfolded. The very same events happened in the dream.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I've had dreams where the setting is in the future, but none of them has come true (Thank the gods)

I'll explain my dream;

I was in my room, asleep, when I heard thunder and felt the rumble, that of an earthquake, so I ran outside to my front porch, a red haze filled the streets, the sky was as red as blood with the most terrifying lightning I've ever seen, the lightning was a blue/yellow with a tent of red around it. I looked up into the sky and what looked like the moon was literally so close I could see people on it in great detail, it resembled a war, people fighting, screaming, the echoes of anguish...

Then I woke up!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I believe I've had a dream like that, yes. I had a dream that my parents got a divorce. It wasn't something that played out like a normal dream, I just remember talking to my mom in the kitchen about something unrelated and I just "knew" the rest, and I could feel her emotion about the situation. About a year later I had forgotten about the dream (but had it written down) and my mom told me in the kitchen that they were getting divorced. The only thing I could say was "I know." The weird part was I wasn't living with them and there were no obvious signs that they were on the rocks so to speak, and nothing was really out of the ordinary.

This is one that has yet to happen, I don't believe it will happen, and I hope it doesn't happen. But the way the dream was "given" to me kind of shook me up. Really it was two dreams back to back, that occurred on the 7th of this month. In one, I was outside an abandoned city on some docks and there were human skeletons in the water. There was a group of psychics there trying to see who was more accurate about what happened. I took some material (I want to say cheese, as silly as it sounds) and carved "Oct 10" in it with a knife. I woke up, rolled over and immediately went back to sleep and in the next dream I was taking shelter at my dad's house waiting for some horrible event to happen. My cousin tried to get me away but I wouldn't leave and I told him if we stay right here we will be okay. I was shown a map of the Eastern United States and a red dot was placed on the westernmost part of where North Carolina touches Virginia (near Mt. Rogers) and at this point I "knew" that there was going to be a meteor strike. Take from that what you will, I don't claim it to be prophetic...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

i don't know if this is the kind of dreams you are looking for, but here it is.

two years ago i moved to a first floor appartment, and installed an air conditioner.

i was on a blanket, on the floor watching tv when i fell asleep.

in my dream i opened a door and saw a bathroom, opened another door and saw another bathroom.

opened a third door, another bathroom and woke up.

i thought i must need to go to the bathroom, got up, but once in the kitchen, realized i didn't need to go.

thought, this is a strange dream, then heard a loud noise, thought it was a car accident.

went back in living room to find that vandals had pushed my air conditioner, it flew accross the room and fell on the blanket i was sleeping on.

the air conditioner was upside down where my chest had been.

people on the second floor jumped out of bed and came running to see what was going on, the noise was so loud.

i figured someone was just looking after me, and had a creative way of communicating.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Yes... However I would caution anyone who experiences these to not read too much into them, or expect it to always be an accurate source of information etc.

Dreams I've had include:

The gender and name of a friends baby (ie the day before the birth I dreamt it had already taken place and their son was named Jacob. Next day I heard they had had a son and named him jake )

At one stage I had numerous dreams about a woman I was "keen on" who did not share my feelings. Ie she may have literally been "the woman of my dreams" in that I dreamt about her, but to this day she never really had much more than contempt for me. I say this to emphasize the danger of "following your dreams". Anyway one dream I can not explain rationally was I dreamed she had changed her hair colour from blonde to brunette. I literally told no one. The next time I saw her, a few days later - it had happened. There are other things I don't want to put online here but were along the same lines, which took years to come to pass. I can not explain any of it, and for years i thought it meant I was supposed to be with her, but I was clearly wrong

I have had other dreams that are less "precognitive" but more just "cognitive" in the sense that in the context of a dream I have understood something I probably would have figured out if I had sat down and thought about it while awake, but never had the reason or motivation to. One such dream was the possibility that the events of September 11 2001 were neither a false flag or a terrorist attack, but a preemptive strike by another nation. These sorts of dreams differ in that I typically have been asleep, obviously dreaming, and then wake up, but don't remember the specific nature of the dream, I just "know" something I did not know before I went to sleep. Whether that knowledge is accurate is another matter. I usually then go and do some real world research (as much as anyone can research anything in the deception laden world we live in!), to make sure it's a possibility of being correct. Even then, so what. I may "know" something that might be true. From a dream. Yup - credible source (not). The only possible use for this information is intrinicly personal.

Edit :

Just remembered another dream that was precognitive. I was sitting on a road case in a venue I did not recognize, back stage. (I have worked for some time in various capacities as a sound tech). In this scene in my dream, I recognized a few crew members but there was one woman I had not seen before smoking a cigarette. There were a few bits of equipment in the process of being set up, and that was pretty much all there was to it. A few months later I was sitting on a roadcase backstage in a venue in london that I had not worked in before... And something felt strange. I could not put my finger on it. It was not until I got up and began to walk away, and caught a wiff of cigarette smoke and noticed the person I did not know who was still vaguely familiar and I remembered the dream. Again no rational explanation
edit on 24-3-2012 by FlutterByte because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by FlutterByte because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join