It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

i have definitley had more than a few precognitive dreams; however i can only remember a few.

one of them was ordinary, although random: I dreamt about Mister Rogers' death a week before he died. I saw the same headlines in my dream that were on t.v. a week later. Completely irrelevant to my life, Mister Rogers was always boring to me. The only reason I remember this one is because I woke up thinking about how darn weird and random it was to dream about his death; then I told my classmates about it.

The most significant precognitive dream I've had was the birth of my niece. She was a month early, and I remember dreaming about her birth and her weight...Then a few hours later my dad woke me up to tell me that little Haileigh Jaiden was here a little early. I was in junior high at that time so I was a little freaked out by myself.

I don't know if these are precognitive dreams, but it was weird. Whenever my boyfriend would talk to his ex girlfriend without me knowing or interacted with her or bumped into her or anything involving her, I would ALWAYS dream about her/him/me that night. The dream wasn't relevant to the event, but it was just so strange, because literally every time I had a dream about her, I would ask him the next day, "hey did you run into her yesterday" and he'd be like, yea, how did you even know that. just very weird, does anyone have any thoughts on that? lol

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ciewan

wow... so it sounds like yours are more just precognitive in general, you see these things consciously... not in your dreams? thats scary.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
first time was in grade four, I was 10.
The whole dream played out infront of my eyes, exactly to a tee.
It was in class and involved Randell Beckstead and the Teacher.
I was just a watcher.
relatively insignificant but lasted a good 3 minutes

Right then and there I had a huge brain explosion.
What was the universe about if that could happen.
It was also around this time I decide to be a perpetual student.
Also around this time I asked myself how big was the universe and did it ever end?

Well in grade eight I had another one. This one I was also a participent.
My role was to throw a kick at Arthur Gogans burning branch.
I asked myself should I do what occured in the dream or should I not play my role?
Well we will never know the difference as I did play my role and the whole thing played out justs like before...relatively insignificant, but all the same a movie in motion. This one was only 2 minutes in length

As to significant ones.
well my story is weird and I am a medical professional and I cannot explain it. Sometimes I think I was a walk in. My first precognitive dream was in grade 2, I was 8. They were spaced apart by about six weeks, which was the first double dream I had ever had too.

It involved a red car, an accident, a near death experience and I had it twice.
when I awoke from the dream both times I felt like I was in a new body both times. I felt like my skin was 8 inches thick, and nothing "felt" right, every tactile sensation through the receptors of the body was "wrong"
so much so my parents looked it up in the encylopedia...and I would not leave my bed.
I hated the feeling of anything in contact with my body and the feel of the blanket was just sickening to me...so hard to explain...but like I had never been in a body before or it was a wrong body...
it only lasted 24 hours then it was gone.
I was not sick, no fever, no flu, no nothing except nothing felt right.
the best I could describe it now is a cross between spinal cord and being on mushrooms at the same time.

well that dream came true in 2003...broke my neck in three places, C2, C4 C5.
C2 fracture stats are 97% dead at the scene (C345 keep the diaphragm alive)
the other 2.9% are like chris reeves (God bless the man) and I am the incredible .1%...I even walk.
I am a invisible paraplegic...
and now I am a spinal cord survivor

Well the other thing that is odd is that the corner where the accident happened was the "dark corner" due to several other significant dreams that although not precognitive always made me dislike that place for no reason other then vivid dreams of it being an evil place.

its all true

[edit on 5-5-2007 by junglelord]

wow. wow. wow. that's all i can say.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

yes i have had alot for about the years and they happen a few days or weeks later and i was wondering1:how do i develop it and 2:should i start a dream journal

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I definitively have had precognitive dreams.
I remember whole dreams that have then happened in real life.
I'm not talking about ordinary deja-vu, but whole situations.

I'm going to have to think about this for a bit, and see if I remember any particular occasions.

That, and I'm actually going to start keeping a dream journal, and praying that my dreams are remembered (I've read this helps).

I have actually tried not to remember my dreams, because I have been sort of scared to find out any information from them. But now my inquisitive side is winning out.

Actually, last night I had a weird dream. It involved some sort of criminal or something, and I knew he was coming to my house (It was actually my parents house in the dream, not my apartment). But, my ammo wasn't easy enough to get to.

So, I couldn't get to the ammo before he got to the house. He eventually broke into the upstairs window, and I had to shoot holes in my house.

Thats all I remember, its sort of odd. I've never had a dream about my parents house like that before, it was odd. And, the ammo situation at my parents house is very bad. The gun locker is sort of close to the door, and everything is really separated. I doubt I could access it in time of emergency quick enough.

Bah, I've now distracted this thread with my bogus dream....

But, I'll have to remember a Precog dream for you guys, I know I've had dozens of serious ones.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes.

I have had two confirmed and one that I think is still for the future. I dreamed the exact details of the Waco tragedy approximately 9 months before it happened.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have dreams like this.

First one, In high school, I dreamed I was at vandercook lake with my cousin and 3 boys I did not know. One was swimming and got pulled down into some type of storm drain and drowned. The next afternoon my dad was reading the paper and asked if I know the three boys in the article that went to my cousins school. One of them had drowned at the lake in some trpy of drain thing.

Several years later, I dreamed I woke up, smelled smoke, crawled off the end of my bed, opened the curtain, looked out the window to see the apartment building right behind us burning. The stair wells had huge flames burning and people we're jumping from the windows. Four hours later, I woke up, smelled smoke, crawled off the end of my bed, opened the curtain, looked out the window to see the apartment building right behind us burning. The stair wells had huge flames burning and people we're jumping from the windows. Just like my dream.

The last one I could verify was about an one friend who was terribly sick and in another country. We hadn't spoke in years, but I tracked him down and he was just going into surgery that afternoon.

I find they just "feel" different and are vivid to the finest detail. The frustrating thing is I normally only have a couple of hours to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I had a dream 2 days before the invasion of Georgia by Russian forces. In the dream I was asking for refuge from Russian soldiers and was given shelter by laughing soldiers, the dream had a desperate tone to it.

I have also had dreams that were in color that seemed to be a result of what I would describe as a shared conciousness, it was as if I was seeing realtime imagery through someone elses eyes.

I have had 2 dreams in my life that had disturbing physical effects in both cases in the dream I was under attack and experienced physical symptoms upon waking up.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have had precognition dreams many times spread over my lifetime.
In all instances the dream I had accurately portrayed a life scene in full detail INCLUDING emotions. It is this emotional feeling that awakens me each time to realize when I am experiencing a moment that I dreamed about many years before.

I believe that in all instances I dreamt about a moment at least 10 years in the future.

What really bakes my noodle is this: if we have precognitive dreams many years prior to an event.... that MUST mean that we are following a path and freewill does not exist. It must mean that fate is true and our lives are already written?

Makes my head hurt to think about that.

What does the acknowledgement of precognitive dreams have on your beliefs about fate and freewill?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Thank you for the post. I have had many precognitive dreams, I have had a dream were it happend the day after. I have had many dreams that have come true, what do you believe is the cause?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I had something similar happen VERY VERY recently... aug 9 or 10..

I was bored that night, so i went searching on the internet for movies to watch. Sorted by 'top viewed', and even though the movie being a bit old, cloverfield caught my attention...i remembered people talking about it and saying it was an interesting movie, but i couldn't remember a single detail about it.
So I only watched the first part, just up until the part where there was huge explosions and panic., the partiers rushing up the stairs to film it from the roof, etc... i dont know why, but right after this whole scene, i just went to bed. For no reason I just suddenly didn't feel like watching the rest of the movie anymore.

I wake up the next day and read all this stuff on the news about a propane explosion in toronto, there was even a video on liveleak ... people on a rooftop filming it... it wasnt until somone said something like "heh, sure reminds me of that movie cloverfield" that i remembered i had watched ONLY that part of the movie. Goosebumps ensued.

COINCIDENCE?
Nope.

Everything in life that was unexplainable is slowly starting to make sense.. timelines my friends.

This was the first video uploaded of the explosion.
this is the video i woke up to, resembles the movie so much its scary.
www.liveleak.com...

This explosion was BIG! Watch the video you'll even see the shockwave it creates.
www.liveleak.com...

edit: fixed links

[edit on 16-8-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

[edit on 16-8-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have only had one episode in my life that I might consider precognitive dreaming. I was eight years old and had a terrible nightmare. It was so bad it sent me to sleep in my parents room on the floor for the rest of the night. Two days later the my real life started to mirror the nightmare almost perfectly. I was so terrified, that I did something different than what I had done in my dream. I still believe that this knee jerk reaction is the only thing that kept me alive that day.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

i have been having a reoccuring dream about a tsunami hitting but everyone could still breathe and they were still alive but this last dream i had the last one of them dreams was very different, the weather changed and a big storm hit and there was tornadoes everywhere so me and my family left in a car to get away from it so we went to some house and i was talking to some guy, the anticrist, he said he was gonna cause a tsunami to hit and wipe out the human race so hecould start the repopulation of the planet. so i followed him. my mom and some friends were with me, he said there its happening and he disapeared into a cave and i followed but everyone else didnt and i could see the tsunami hit and wipe everyone out, then i woke up sometime in the future and i had a part in the repopulation because i was holding a baby and someone was telling me about the repopulaton and me having a part of the help.
i didnt think anything of it untill i watched the history chanel about the doomsday on december 21 2012. i ent online this morning looking up doomsday on december 21 2012 and i found a video about it. something about an anticrist and what kind of disaster is gonna happen so i looked into premonitions and i found precognition.
maybe my dream could mean something and then again it couldnt but i am defanitly awair of it now

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Had a wierd one this morning where a bunch of us had snuck into an abandoned building. Inside one my team pointed out an object/ pedestal with a sequence of events etched onto it.
The dream seemed to be taking place hundreds of years in the future but not so the difference between the tech. we have now and then being very different, only more scarce.
Anyway I was being shown a set sequence of events in pictogram format (only small) of how the end of modern civilisation (NOW) was gonna take place.
I'd love to able to explain the whole sequence but the pictograms only made sense to one of the other team who could 'translate it' . So he's there going through the whole sequence really fast, like he's seen the sequence before many times.
As I tried to absorb the info I caught the slight vibe that I was dreaming within the dream exactly as I did the speaker said 'France will play a big part in this downfall/end.' I remember thinking to myself as he said it 'France being the bad guy in all this? Surely not!'
I looked to which part of the sequence he was pointing to and it as part 3 of the 12 part sequence. The pictograms where really pretty, and were like a gray blue colour darker than the surrounding material.
I wanted to ask more now and get some really juicy details but it was too late, we were somewhere we weren't supposed to and had to get the heck out of the building. The rest of the dream became a crazy escape and flight to different area, then the dream just faded out.
Whether this is actually relevant or not will be interesting given these crazy times we live in...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
yes it happens a lot, on different levels and reply to annonymous post yes it is always good to keep a journal watch your doodles too cause they can also tell a story, if I pick on yucky stuff then I imagine the vision changed to a more positive outcome it may not stop anything but it can soften the blow so to speak,

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I had a dream, or vision yesterday, and it was about a girl who sat at my table with 3 of my friends. i know her but i dont like her and she has no friends because they all go to a different school now. anyway in my vision, she sat in my seat at the table with my friends. here's a diagram:

(me)(friend)
(friend)(friend) but in my vision she was sitting where it says me. I had a gut feeling that this would happen and it made me mad!!

She has no friends and there are already 4 of us sitting at the table, and 5's and odd number. so anyway she took my place today, and when i told my friends how i felt, they hugged me and were very simpathetic and apologised for letting her sit there. They promissed me it would never happen again.
but for some strange reason, i knew it would happen, and when i walked in to the lunchroom yesterday and saw her there, i was like
i cant stand her!!
But luckily it will never happen again................

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I had 1 in year 9 when we went to camp. it was really wierd it started we were on the bus going home and james was sitting next to sophie then the bus split it half and i ran into this wierd house and i stole a yellow piece of fabric and started running with it and someone tackled me then i went outside and i was like a puppet with ropes tied to me and who ever was moving me the puppet was lifting me into the air

how did this strange dream come to pass the day after i had the dream we went on the giant swing this involves being harnessed to lots of rope and lifted into the sky (the puppet) then on the final day we played this game at night were you have a piece of fabric and have to run around with it and steal other peoples fabrics there were more rules but i cant remember them anyway my teams fabric was yellow and I was tackled by like this massive guy and anyway on the bus home james and sophie sat next to each other

So i have a question my dream was telling me what was going to happen but why was everything so strange and out of the ordinary?
why did a bus split in half?
Why did i run into this house?
WHY was i a puppet?

thankyou

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not sure if I already posted on this, doesn't look like I have, but I've had many a weird and precognitive dreams. The worst being when my friends mum (my friend was just married 2 weekends ago, yey!) passed away.

Basically she was suffering from cancer. Shame, but it happened. Anyways, I remember everything. August 19th, 8am, 2004. Minutes before I woke up, obviously, I had this dream. I started off somewhere in a big pine tree forest, which finally opened up into a big opening.

I then walk into a log cabin, when as soon as i step in, turns into Ali's mum's house. I walk 3/4 of the way up the stairs and sat down on them. Now, I don't know about any of you, but I'm guessing I may have had an Out of Body Experience. See I was sitting there, just high enough so I could see through the barrier. The door to the bedroom opposite was open 90 degrees.

I could see Ali, her brother Michael, her step dad and step sisters standing in the doorway. Behind the door was the bed in which Ali's mum was laying in, so I couldn't see it. But the worst thing about it, was that they were crying and the only thing I could hear was her mum breathing really heavy and hard, but it freaked me out that much I probably did this real time, but I just covered my ears so I blocked the sound out. Ali ran through me, so that's how I guess I was 'there in spirit' or so to speak, lol.

But then I woke up to my mum ringing me at 8am asking if I knew about what happened. It was only when I told her about my dream she told me she passed only 5 mins before she rang me.

Haunts me to this day, but I deal with it, lol! Gonna go back and read the other posts on this, but thought I'd share this in particular!

Emmy xxx

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
As for other Precognitive dreams. I have many - too many to remember until they turn into dejavu, which to me is the worst experience in the world, like constant sea sickness and I can't throw up (as gross as that is!), and like a scratched record - you have to really do something different to stop it from going on constant repeat!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

yes. I have had numerous occasions where I have had a dream about something completely random and then it takes place. It has been as obscure as me walking down a back lane and seeing a garbage can or having a conversation with someone about something completely random.

I have had these types of dream numerous times and I still cannot figure out if there is any way to delve deeper into this side of things.

if anyone has any info on how to get more out of these dreams.. by all means, let me know

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join