It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
I also have the very same 2 theories you do Dock6.

I sometimes think to myself, what if de ja vu is simply a memory of your past life.....and your past lives are simply this current life, being lived, over...and over...and over...and over again...maybe until you get something right?

OH LORD! I really hope you're incorrect in this theory personally.

I had a few weeks in High School where I felt I actually relived full days.Not till I saw Tru Calling have I ever heard about that, but it was about 15 years before that show came out. I'd dream about the whole events of the following day down to every minute detail. But, after that I have also had other precognitive dreams all of which were always insignificant and never of any global importance, most of the time a day to a week in advance. Nothing as of yet of Global importance.
Except the night the princess died(Princess Di) I dreamt during the time the accident happened that I watched a news report stating her death and the circumstances of it. And lo and behold she died that night at that very time I dreamt it(I know because I awoke and looked at the time on the clock) In the very same circumstances I had seen. Might have been OBE though, I may have just decided to visit France that evening.

My thoughts on how this occurs is that we write every detail of our lives before we are born into this body and it's stored in the Collective Unconcious and some of us can access our charts. But, that it's quite difficult for us to access others' charts or the nations/world charts. JMO, but it suits me better than having no freewill. We have freewill but we use it on the otherside when we wrote our charts. I don't think we repeat this life either until we get things right. That would be like going through a grade in school until we learned all the curriculum of that grade perfectly. That would be boring and time consuming.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
About two years ago I had a dream that claimed to predict my death. The dream was just blackness and a voice said "You will die in two years." The dream creeped me out for those two years. The simplicity and straightforwardness of the dream made it even more creepy. Thankfully, the deadline passed three or four months ago(March or April). I'm hoping that the dream was exact when it said two years later
I've also considered that the dream could have been symbolic and meant that my previous way of life would come to an end. I've made a lot of progress in life recently, but not anything Earth shattering

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Yes I have had a couple of these kind of dreams. The most significant one was a dream about a large fire, seen from my front porch. One week later, my then partner and I heard a loud popping noise and we ran out onto the porch to see what was happening out there. To my amazement it was a blazing fire, exactly as I had seen it in my dream! Talk about feelings of de ja vu.....

It was a caravan on fire. The occupant had been cooking chips and fallen asleep (if i remember the details correctly). It spun me out completely. Luckily the caravan occupant was unharmed and locals were able to remove the gas bottle before that exploded.

So whilst this was 'prophetic' in its nature, it was only so in retrospect. And of course once I started telling all and sundry that it was exactly like the dream i'd had a week ago....well I was dismissed as a nutter or a liar or even something more sinister! I tend to keep my dreams to myself now

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytale
Yes. I have had dreams that have come true . They have all been just normal random experiences. Like meeting peolple at specific places or exact coversations with certain people and the dreams occur sometimes months before the event. But always, I might not remember the dream after a long time but when it comes true, I remember dreaming it.
The place, sounds, conversation all in detail and it's like...WHOA!~ major deja'vu....I've done this. I know where this is going.
Unfortunately it's only just snippets. No more than minute or two at most.

Also...it's not a constant thing. I've had perhaps 6 instances of dreams that have come to past in my lifetime. I'm 40 now so...not too often for me.

My wife has had it happened to her as well but she seems to be the opposite. Never had them as a child or young adult but as over the years she has had them happen more and more.
She seems to dream of deaths occuring and of relatives calling with specific conversations. My grandfather and her cousin passing were both experienced in dreams months before they occured.

I'm not certain how these kinda' things work...but I do believe that things are are meant to happen. No matter how mundain it might seem our interactions with each other have an effect which influences how other think and feel. We learn and grow from every experience good or bad.
I think that while we are here on this plane we can only access a small portion of our eternal spirit. Our waking consciousness. I believe though that through our dreams and through meditation we can touch more of our true consciousness and percieve happenings that are going to/meant to occur.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have the same thing - it seemed very random these dreams, but then I realized every time i have these dreams - I remember them for years. They stick to my memory, while other dreams I dont remember. My dreams that come true, are symbol based. I dreamed when i was 14 of a pool where killer whales were jumping, a year later my mother died, my father took me to Mexico. I was standing on my balcony - I looked down to see the exact same killer whales.

My special dreams are very rare - i'd say maybe one or two per year. They always come true. But I can never really predict it, Its usually when its happening that I say - ok thats what the dream meant - until recently. In the last few years I pay more attention to these dreams, and I have been able to somewhat see what they mean.

Also there are times I am awake - These are much much more rare- but that something stands out - the only way I can tell this will come true later - is that its something that seems trivial but I cannot forget it. I'm so glad that there are other people experiencing this!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have many of these -
(night time dreams - and just regular precognitive hits when I'm not sleeping)
It use to freak me out - but not so much anymore.
The challenge for me now - is to figure out after a dream
whether it is precognitive - or just a dream.
The other challenge is to determine what to do with it -
especially if it is something uncomfortable -
Do I try and change it?
Can I change it?
Am I having the dream or the hit - as a heads up -
for the purpose of changing the outcome?
These become the questions - It's tricky.

I believe we all have these dreams to some degree -
we may not remember them -
I believe personally that it is one of the next steps in our evolution -
recognizing and determining what to do with these natural gifts.
We know so much more than we know. : )
Great thread!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In 1995 I had a precognitive dream which came true 3 years later! It was very specific and in now way could be attributed to chance or coincidence. I dreamt of my activist friends with Native Americans standing on the roof of a house, holding a banner, to protect a wooded area. This same image appeared to me in 1998 in a newspaper photo. Then I reread my journal and realized I had not only recorded this dream but had stated that I thought it would come true.

For more along these lines check out springforestqigong.com...

reply to post by Terapin

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The weirdest dream I've had was when I dreamt of my Grandma. In the dream she basically told me not to worry as everthing would be ok and we'd all be together soon. I didn't really give it much thought other than it sounded quite ominous, especially considering my Grandma had passed away years earlier.

Later in the week I was walking through the sitting room and my sister had just gotten back from New York and she was talking to my mam and I heard her mention something about a dream she had earlier in the week. What she told me really sent shivers down my spine, as she said that our Grandma had come to her in a dream telling her that everything would be ok and we'd all be together soon. It certainly seems like more than just a coincidence and very omnious at that. I can only guess what she meant about us all being together soon.
Anyway, I currently have no plans about passing over just yet, if that's what she meant.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yes, I have had them.

I have always had strange dreams and dreams that I did not understand. However, it was not until 2005 that I had dreams that, for lack of a better word, predicted the future. Almost always they predict nothing of significance to anyone other than myself. However, they can sometimes be extremely unpleasant.

Many of them have been vague but I have found they are getting more realistic and detailed. One thing that makes them stand out is how realistic they are, in fact I sometimes know I am dreaming and marvel at how realistic everything is. I have even walked over to a bookshelf in one of these dreams and pulled a book from it and browsed through it, laughing at how detailed it was. For me these dreams seem to be very bright, as if I am inside of a light.

I will say I am not a believer in "god" and was a huge skeptic of this kind of phenomenon until this started happening to me. I still don't believe in "god" but I do believe this stuff happens. It really challenged my reality, my belief system, and my sanity. Hell, it still does.

I do have a family history of this, i must admit. My late grandmother was said to have "visions" from time to time. She told me about some of them but I will admit, I never believed her. And she knew I didn't believe her. Now when I tell my family about what I have been dreaming they give me the same look and smile I gave my grandmother. They don't believe me and that's okay.

I don't see a point in telling you, reader, about the things that have come true. Vaguely, I will tell you that the dreams predicted people who would call me(one was a relative who had never called me before), books that I would find one day and the exact number, a conversation I would have the following day and then the exact song I would hear on the radio after this conversation, things I would see the following month on a visit to the doctor, and numerous other things that would only involve me. None of my dreams predicted any major event. Though I have had one dream of the far off future that was unpleasant.

Honestly, I don't know what to think about all of this. I believe many of the posts I have read here and I know my own accounts are true. But I am very confused as to how the hell this is possible. If we can dream the future, does that mean the future has already happened? Honestly, guys and gals, I get very depressed thinking about this sometimes. When I first started looking this up online I was looking for a way to stop these dreams. The only "cure" I have found is staying up at insane hours.

Well, it looks like I am rambling here so I will stop. I just discovered this forum a few weeks ago and bookmarked it and I wanted to throw my two-cents in, so to speak. I probably won't post again. If anyone else out there is being driven nuts by this, you're not alone! Don't let it get you down too much. Try to hang in there.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wow, what a great old thread on Precognition. Thanks to those who have bumped it over the years, the material here is fantastic.

The anecdotal evidence of people having dreams that come true spans our historic record, and it amazes me how little we know about this phenomena.

I cannot stress how important this really is as it changes everything we think we know about the nature of reality. Having had precognitive dreams, I have learned a tremendous amount regarding the nature of the phenomena and how self-similar dream experiences share a direct link with what we believe is "Physical Reality".

Regardless of how "Physical" it appears after a dream actualizes and comes true... the fact it can be dreamed of first is astronomically epic and amazing.

I personally feel that dreams are at the heart of what true Reality is, and that everything we will ever experience and coin the term "reality" will in fact derive it's context from the process of dreaming.

The holo-fractal dreaming Universe. Amazing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I had a very strange dream. It was not precognitive as much as plain weird. From the time I started dreaming to the time I woke up, it seemed to me that the lifetime of four generations passed.

I was dreaming about four generations of people - birth, lifespan and death, and I was very disoriented when I woke up. It took me about two weeks to adjust to the fact that I found myself back in the "normal world" after being present in the "dream world" for about 2 centuries.

It was the most strange experience I ever had.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubasti

I'm actually writing about this exact phenomena in my book. The fact is, dreams do not obey the rules of time. Clock time cycles along side of psychological time in a dream, and can the time in dreams can scale up as you have experienced into centuries.

My personal record is two weeks, and I have talked with another who has had 3 months of time. Your experience is more akin to Robert A. Monroe who I believe although I lost the newsletter years ago mentioned before he passed away that he could experience a century of consciousness during a 2 hour period of sleep.

Just so you know that this phenomena is rare, but not exclusive. Your account is amazing, it is the first I have heard about it in this particular length and having life cycles. You should get a badge or something
That's really amazing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Thank you for your input - I did not have a clue that that sort of thing can happen to somebody else...I thought it was just a glitch in my brain and I do not really talk about it because of the fact that many people would not believe me. As time passed, I dismissed it as a freaky coincidence/brain chemistry glitch. But I will definitely never forget about it.

I will do more research based on your information, that is for sure.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yes I have had many.

I would say a few a year that I can recognize. I would venture that I have had many more precog dreams which I was not aware enough to recognize when I enter them in real life.

I seem to experience about 6-12 events which I consciously notice each year. I have noticed them starting around 5-10 years ago when I was around 23. This is when I really began to realize what was happening and ever since then I have been aware of more and more and become more attuned at recognizing the situations.

So far every experience I have had involves a personal mundane daily event or task. Usually just a brief moment and glimpse in time involving people. People who, when I dream, felt were friends but at the time had never met them. But in the future I meet these people and they come into my life.

I would say I consciously enter an exact life situation/time.place which I dreamed of years before... (usually the time period prior to experiencing the event which the dream occurs seems to be between 5-20 years prior).

This fact provides a most amazing situation.

THINK ABOUT THIS.... If we dream of event which take place 5-20 years in the future. This must mean that our lives are already set... all the decisions we make have already been made.... and our path is already set in stone.

All the random events and occurrences which drastically change your life still lead to the precog dream you had 20 years ago.... therefore your life and all its twists and turns were set in stone.

Fate. What does it mean? That is the question.

Or just enjoy the ride.

[edit on (5/14/10) by AllSeeingI]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This phenomenon is called Deja Reve, and yes I too have had these. Though, most times when I do it's of not-so-important things. It's just certain moments when I see something happening or a conversation I have with another person.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

About a year ago, I had a dream that I witnessed two guys get into a fight in a backyard. I had no idea who these people were, but something told me they were related. They might have been cousins or brothers, I wasn't sure, but I had a strong feeling they were related to each other. The dream ended with one of the men bleeding to death on the ground. I woke up startled and sweating.

It was very real to me and much more vivid and clear than most dreams that I've had. I felt like the event was actually happening when I was dreaming it. I told my mother about it when I woke up.

When I came home from school later that day, my mother informed me that one of her close friends' two sons had gotten into a fight during the day, resulting in one of the brothers being stabbed in the stomach by the other in their backyard. We were both shocked because of the dream that I had the night before. She told me that the brother who had been stabbed was now in the hospital (he didn't bleed out in real life, he survived, btw.)

When she told me this news, I immediately thought back to the dream I had, and I felt like my dream and that event were surely connected.

This is the only precognitive dream I've had. I haven't had another since then.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've had precognitive dreams many times. I normally don't remember them after I wake up but when the time comes for that event to happen I remember it again. For example I went to Taiwan recently to visit my father. I forgot that I had a dream once of me in Taiwan with my dad. We were sitting in his room. He was smoking and I was just sitting there day dreaming.

At first I didn't think anything of it but when the day came for this even to happen. The dream washed right into my brain and I thought "oh right. I dreamt of this event. So it really was a precognitive dream." I was slightly freaked out but I was quite amazed with myself. I had that dream like 10 months before I went to Taiwan.

There was this other time when I was about 5 yrs old. I dreamt that my mother and I were on the 7 train on the way to manhattan. I was watching the window across the train and saw all these buildings with construction workers on it went by. My mother was sitting next to me sleeping.

When I turned 14. The event happened. The same type of buildings with the same group of construction workers working. My mother was sleeping and I was staring out the window like the dream I had when I was 5. Right there and then the dream flooded back to me and I was once again shocked and surprised.

Most of the times when I have these dreams I don't really dream of anything improtant. It's just random tiny things like sitting around, drinking tea, walking one step. I don't dream of big events. If I did, I would be a hero already. (lol)

I always dream precognitive dreams. They happen almost everyday of my life. I dream about it then forget it. Then it comes back when the event comes around the corner. And I promise you, it happens alot. And the feeling is kinda weird because I constantly dream of the future. I never get used to it no matter how many times its happened. I always get weirded out and I start shivering.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by HimurakaIchigo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Not necessarily. Time isn't always set in stone. I'm no expert in precognitive dreams but i do have a guess as in why it always happens.

When a person dreams of the future the unconscious brain memorizes the situation and when the person is awake he or she will unconsciously go towards that direction. They don't even know it themselves. I've had a dream once, and this one I remember, it was about my mother asking me whether i wanted to eat noodles or rice. (lame, i no) In the dream I said noodles.

The next day my mother really did ask me whether I wanted noodles or rice. I didn't notice the event had happened yet because I was still half asleep at the time. I mumbled rice without thinking at all. It was after I ate the rice that I remembered the dream and how I said noodles but in reality I said rice.

So life isn't set in stone. People just believe it is so the unconscious mind steers them towards it. And like a lost puppy the human takes the bait and follows it to the future event that he or she dreamt about.

It's nothing bad to think that it's fate and that everything is set in stone. It's just people believe they don't got a choice when they really do. I know that for sure because I passed through an even where I dreamt one answer and had a different answer in reality for my mother. So I know life isn't set in stone. It's just the human mind chooses unconsciously to believe that and steer the conscious mind towards it.

If you believe that your life isn't set in stone than most of the dreams don't come true. I still can't do that. My dreams still come true. My unconscious mind still thinks life is set in stone when my conscious mind says it doesn't.

It's hard to achieve such a high ability to control something that you can't control. But it's worth a try.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Verum Astrum

I know what you mean by people calling you a nutter or a lair. I used to tell people about my dreams as well after they happened. And they would trash me so badly I wanted to hide in a corner and stab myself for being so stupid.

However I believe those dreams are meant to help us live through our lives. It can help us dismiss any situations we don't want to happen... if we can decipher it.

I had this dream once about my father and I sitting in his room. He was smoking and I was just sitting there. I didn't know what that dream meant after it happened.

The events that led up to that future dream was me skipping school constantly and my mother couldn't handle it so she bought me an air ticket and sent me back to Taiwan where my father was.

I was so miserable there. No one bothered to admit my existence. I was stuck inside all alone. Then the dream event happened. It was at night time when I was sitting in my father's room and he came in, sat down on the same exact spot and began smoking the same exact cigarette. I recognize it because the cigarette had a bent part at the end of it. How it got that way I don't know.

So then I knew. The dream I had was telling me to NOT skip school or else I would be miserable locked in a country that I can't get out of without parental consent.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Learn to lucid dream and turn yourself into a millionare. Lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join