It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Tranceopticalinclined- just remember the only person that can interpret your thoughts and dreams is you Tranceopticalinclined.

Just be careful how you too interpret them.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I used to have them all the time. It started off while I was in high school, and it would be little things. Like I would dream about running across a bridge that I've never been on or seen before, and a week later I'm running across it with my teammates through the downtown area.

Around '98 or '99, I had an intense dream where the setting was near future, and I was hanging out with some friends in my back yard. I was admiring the cityscape in the background, particularly these two skyscrapers that had a connecting bridge. Suddenly we saw explosions coming from both of these towers, and we hid underneath the car or whatever shelter we could find, even though we were far away. We were scared witless and couldn't believe what we saw. The dream then jumped to a few hours later, where we're sitting down in front of a television, and the newscaster has the gravest look on her face as she reports the catastrophic event and how the world was responding...

"This can't be good," my friend said in this dream, "everything is gonna change..." The dream felt so real...

I get some rather interesting dreams, often nightmarish, so I thought nothing of it and didn't write it down for accuracy. When 9-11 happened, my mind immediately went to this dream...by that point, I've been having so many precogs that I had forced myself to throw it all out. I finally decided, well if the dreams need to come, then let them.

The last major dream I had, which was two years ago in the spring, was scary. I was in the south, not sure exactly where, but it was deep. These two African-American girls were playing along the crossroads in their tattered clothes. There were some roads and a train track that they were playing along, and a thick fog comes toward them. They're used to the fog's presence, but nonetheless they run because it's toxic. The fog never recedes, and what once looked like a bustling town was completely run down. The girls traveled farther up north to escape.

The dream jumps to a military soldier who is torn between duties to his country, his family and himself. Eventually he starts to black out, and in his final instance, he realized he brutally killed his wife so that he'd have no emotional attachments. He then killed himself in remorse.

Finally, the dream shows how a corporation was seizing power and telling people what to do and how to run their lives...the executive board decided to place someone into the CEO position as the 'puppet,' but the puppet became rather power-hungry. He started looking beyond the country to control by fake diplomacy. By the time the board realized what they have done, they felt it was too late to reverse anything. They took years to convince the people that this was for their own good, and the majority were finally accepting this puppet, wanting to crown him even. The board felt they must follow through at this point.

There is more to this dream, such as a parallel dream that was happening and intersected at this point, but I'm stopping for now...it's up to this point that I've seen this play out, and if this is the case...Believe me, I'd rather hope I'm just crazy. Sorry if this sounded depressing, as I've rarely spoke of this except to my close friends, and I've never written this down before. Besides, it's way past my bedtime, and I don't want to give myself nightmares

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've never had anything as prophetic as that, but one time I was missing this game that I had, and for about a month I looked around for it. But, one night I had a dream about where it was. The next day I remebered it, and I found it!

I always have these prophetic dreams about little things, not big things like 9-11 or anything.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
4 times, if i remember well...

1.- My wallet was lost. I dreamed i'd find it beneath my bed.... when i woke up i looked under the bed and.. there it was.

2.- I had this friend i liked in jr. high... she suddenly stopped coming to school. One day i dreamed about her returning to school (weird thing was in the dream, the school scene was my elementary school o-o) and that day, just before classes ended, she came to visit.

3.- My cousin told me dreaming about your teeth falling off meant someone was gonna die. For some days i continuously dreamed about some of my teeth falling off.... the day i stopped dreaming that, my father said he'd go to a funeral 'cuz the mother of a friend of his had died.

4.- About 2 weeks ago, y dreamed for like 3 consecutive days about my teeth falling off again. and around one week ago my grandma died.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Spiritwolf Koori]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
EDIT: sorry, accidental double post

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Spiritwolf Koori]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have never had precognitive dreams myself, but over the years my mother has told me of a few that she had that came true. In one, she said that she dreamed that my brother was drowning in a river, or maybe a lake, either way, the next day he almost did drown. Luckily, she knew it was going to happen and was able to stop it. She had a few others also, but I am not sure what they were. I wish I had dreams like that though. I'm lucky if I can get a good lucid dream.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have had this a few times. The latest was about a year ago, I was
just dozing off out of boredom and I was suddnly in an intense dream
but I remember sitting in a jeep looking at a girl with an odd
box by my foot, it had a monkey and random writing I couldent make out.
On the car stereo was a song I had never heard before and I remember
wondering who the girl infront of me was.

Fast forward a year Im sitting in my moms jeep about to goto school
with my new adopted sister tasha infront of me, now this was about
two weeks ago when they were playing fergie non stop on the raido.

I looked down at my foot, saw the box with the monkey, read the
writing and BAM i was triggerd, I looked up the same way i did in my
dream, saw the same look on tashas face and realised that the mystery
song was 'fergielisous' (sp) by fergie.

It was mind blowing, I just sat there for a minute in shock.

About two days ago me and my (real) sister were standing in
the kitchen and suddenly i felt the rush of that feeling again, being
an empath i quickly realised the feeling wasnt my own and looked
at tasha, she had the same face that I did, she blurted out basicly
what i did, along the lines of "I DREAMT THIS, OMFGBBQ" kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've had many precog dreams, but none of them have been so significant than the dream I had years ago. I was living in Okinawa at the time. Japan is in an area that is full of volcanic activity so it's not rare to feel little tremors every so often. Well there was a time where for a whole month my bed would rock back and forth. I was actually kinda nice when I wanted to go to bed.

One night, I had this dream that I was surrounded by water. The currents were so strong, and the water felt like it was vibrating. I remember feeling this intense fear which I found odd because I grew up in Hawaii, and I feel comfortable in the ocean. I was so frightened that when I woke up it stayed with me the entire day. I e-mailed my friend and told her about the dream that I had, and the feeling that I had. Months later, the tsunami of '04 hit Thailand and some other countries. By that time I had forgotten about the dream. That day my friend sent me a copy of the e-mail that I sent her describing my dream.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
first time was in grade four, I was 10.
The whole dream played out infront of my eyes, exactly to a tee.
It was in class and involved Randell Beckstead and the Teacher.
I was just a watcher.
relatively insignificant but lasted a good 3 minutes

Wow. Just wow.

That is almost word for word (minus the names) of the one and only pre-cognitive dream I've ever had. I was even in the same grade as you! It was me watching a classmate talking to my teacher. I saw it in my dream and the next day it played exactly as it was in my dream down to the T. Weird. Weirder still that someone else would have the exact same pre-cog dream (same play different actors) at the same age.

And I've been wanting to have another pre-cog dream ever since that day and I've never gotten another.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I find it interesting that some people seem to see more significant events than others, or that some people have more...how should I say...prophetic dreams. Like, my own precognitive dreams always have the events playing out EXACTLY as they eventually do in waking life, but some people seem to see things that are symbolic of evets to come in real life. Different phenomenon, perhaps?

--Kit.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Every time that I've "clued in" that I had a precog dream its because
I remember wondering who a certian person is. Maybe I need to pay
more attention to the mystery people in my dreams.

Dont know if this relates but one day I was just resting after a long
night, haha, and i had my arms on the arm of the sofa with my head resting
on them, when i got the most abrupt real vision/dream/daydream i have
ever experienced. In ways it was more real then life.

It was like say theres two citys on a long rectangular peice of paper, one on each
side, then fold it in the middle so that the citys are each above and below
the other. it was like i was standing on the ground of my city (mine being
on the top) looking down (up?) at this girl, she was normal in every way
big busness jacket, purse, i also remember a fire hydrant by her and maybe
a car stopping bar (like the ones in parking lots at the till) but she was looking
up (down?) at me with a look that matched exactly the shock and wonderment
i felt, but anyways, her head was almost shaped like a foot ball, if anyone
here has seen the show "hey arnold" its like arnold

The one on the right, but much thicker, less long. it was as if she was
experiencing the same thing that i was, as if out minds met, possibly both
day dreaming or something... but she would have to be from somehwere
definatly not here haha.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think that little vision, albeit interesting, may have had a little something to do with your "long night"

--Kit.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ah yes, one of my fav' topics.

My precog' dreams almost always plays out the way it played our in real life. I've found that I'm having more precog dreams these days. Or maybe just remember them better. I seem to remember dreams better when I go to bed early-o'clock.

Anyways, two weeks ago I was hanging out with some of my friends at the mall on the weekend. We were getting pretty bored and remembered a female friend who we went to school with was having a small birthday party & we decided to pay her a visit. Fast forward a few minutes...we were playing Twister at her house. All all of a sudden I remembered I dreamt it a few weeks or a month before.

About 10 minutes of that Twister play at her house with some of her freinds happened exactly like I had dreamt. And 10 mins is a long time. LOL

It was nothing significant. But interesting.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes, for me the dream foretold the sudden death of my husband in 2000. I have posted this under a different topic, but this part explains about the dream. I was so terrified to have another dream like this of anyone else that I love. I did, however have a dream that my older sister was in a fatal car accident that she would cause a couple of years ago, but I called my family up right away and made them keep an eye on her for at least a week and offer to bring her anywhere if she planned on driving. That dream, was luckily just a bad dream and I pray it always remains so.

Originally posted by Keeva
One evening ( a week before the accident ) I had a dream that was so vivid and real. I had a dream that I was at his funeral crying and ridden with grief. It was so horrible and I remember waking from my dream in the middle of the night crying and believing it was real, then I turned to see him lying in bed and then realized it was a dream. So I hugged him and held on to him all night long. When he woke to go to work, I told him about my horrible dream and told him to be extra careful. He was shocked at my dream and how upset I was, but assured me that he would be extra careful and not take the motorcycle to work. Then a week later, we were outside of our house and I was watching him clean his car and he turned to me and smiled really big, came over and hugged me saying that he was so happy with our lives together. I'll never forget that and the look on his face, at the same time he said it I got a pit in my stomach that gave me the feelings as if what he said was an omen, but I tried to dismiss it. That night we had two friends over for pizza and movies over Labor Day Weekend. My friend and I left to go buy the pizzas and stop by WalMart to buy something my husband said he wanted. While we were in the store I felt horrible like something horrible was or was going to happen. I told my friend how I felt and then we got home. He wasn't there, but our other friend was there at our house watching our children who were all sleeping. He said that my husband and he were talking about the motorcycle and he asked our friend to watch the kids for a bit because he wanted to take it out for a short little ride.

An hour later, our guy friend left. Then half an hour later my friend left. Both thinking that maybe he just decided to go out for a longer ride. But that was not like him at all. I began to fear the worst, but tried to believe that there wasn't anything wrong. After a couple of hours, I called the closest ERs to see if any motorcycle accidents have occurred thinking that maybe he was just unable to call because he was injured. I then called the police department and they stated that there were no accidents reported, but took my information. I received a phone call some time later and the operator told me that they were going to treat this as a missing persons and have an officer come to my home to fill out a report (it sounded strange, but I was trying to believe that he was okay). I called my friend, who immediately drove over to my house and in her gut she believed that he may be dead. A sheriff and two others arrived at my home. The sheriff stating that he would like to see a picture of him. As soon as I showed him the picture he stated that he was sorry to have to tell me that my husband was in a fatal motorcycle accident. It happened around the same time I had the horrible feeling in WalMart, he was not even 5 minutes away from the house.

As you can imagine, if I get bad vibes now, that I can sometimes get paralyzed with fear of something terrible happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I FELT everyones feelings. I woke up with a loud crack of thunder.

I have had the same experinces. I have had dreams to mostly insignificant, with one or two that meant something, and then happened.

What caught my attention about your post was that you "felt" everyones feelings. This happens to me very often, both when asleep and while I am awake. I do not always understand the "feelings" I get but, I do believe that the feelings I get and my dreams are somehow related, even though alot of my feelings happen while I am awake.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
^ I know exactly what you mean. I too feel other people's feelings...& it goes much further & deeper than empathy or sympathy. When I was younger, this would bother me...but now...it doesn't so much, because mostly, I do not care.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
yeah but they didnt help i had dreams about a video game i got the next day that i hadnt even looked at before that was my first instance i can remember there have been many more unforunately its odd that this topic should come up about three days ago i had a dream that a terrorist attack using a radiological bomb happenned at CAFB near my town which scared the crap out of me and i have been stressing about it for days so idonno its not the dream that got me its how it keeps jumping back into my thoughts all the time it just doesnt feel right

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've found lately that precog dreams I have about my travels tend to be stronger and I see more from them.

For example, last summer I was in Costa Rica with the family, and I discovered that I had dreamt our entire final night's stay in a hotel in San Jose. All of it, from the walk up the stairs to when we left the next morning. That was a bizarre night for me with the constant feeling of having dreamt the scenario.
More recently, (under two weeks ago, to be specific) I found that while I was in Denmark, I had several precog dream recognitions, each of them stronger than the ones I find closer to home. By stronger I suppose I mean that they're longer, I see more.

Just a trend I noticed that I thought I'd share

--Kit.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My first precognitive dream was when I was seven, and in the thirty plus years since, I have had at least half a dozen. Some of them were perfect in every detail, and I even had one time when I knew what was about to happen before it did because I already remembered my dream and was waiting to see if it was going to be the same. It finally got to me, and I felt the need to come up with a theory of how that is possible. In the years before that I just filed the 'neat' experience away and didn't try to wonder how. The conclusion I came to was that all time exists in the moment, and the past, present, and future are simultaneous. I found others who felt the same. If time were linear, and the future yet to be, how do some people see it? If one can just accept that no one can see the future, that is a very simple solution. What if you can't? That was my problem. Now I just see time differently, and for all intents and purposes my life has otherwise not changed.
When I read about other people who had such precognitive dreams, it is certainly a relief. Most people are sure it is not true, can't have happened, and has a logical explanation. I guess it does, but not how they think it does.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
yes i have and it played a big part in my life.

to make it short i was only young (14) when i had one which was of my boyfriend at that time.
I was at a train station that i knew well when someone (not sure who it was in the dream) came up and told me he was cheating with another girl. I confronted the girl who told me the truth upfront. (with a dash of sarcasim)

I was not impressed of course and waited for him to get off the bus. ( I should add he is the father of my now 6 yr old daughter.) When he got off i copped a heap of abuse from him and was told it was over. Then suddenly this was changed to a airport and i was crying and pleading with him to stay with me.

This is when i woke up. For some reason i was concerned when i woke up, so when it was school knock off time i met him on the bus and told him word for word of the dream and he assured me it was just a dream (this was a friday.)

I couldnt get in contact with him for the whole weekend so on the monday i went to the train station to meet him.

As i was sitting there, a friend came up and told me he was cheating, the blood drained from my face as i knew exactly everything that was about to happen, so i went with the flow except one thing: I was not about to give him his glory, I did not cry and plead him to stay I just turned around and walked away.

I think it was the best thing i did. We eventually got back together and had a daughter together but sadly we drifted apart. But i found it wierd because eveytime he crossed the line i knew about it. never had them again since we broke up.

Does anyone have a explanation for this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join