It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
great thread.

Ive had a couple, and witnessed someone else having one.

In the ministry of sound in london, worked a few times in there, and always experienced deja-vu. Every time im there i get it really bad, like there is something about that place. The last time i worked there i fell out of the ceiling and fractured my shoulder!

While on tour with a band in australia, we took a few days off and went ski-ing. On the way back we were traveling back, most of us were asleep. One of the band members woke up, really scared, said he had witnessed a huge fireball in his head. We told him to shut up and go back to sleep, he was adamant about what he saw. When back at the hotel we watched the horror of 9/11 unfold on the tv.

On the same tour, while at the gold coast, we were staying in a high-rise. I was looking out over the water, and i got a clear as day image of a tidal-wave destroying buildings, it was a huge wave. This really disturbed me a little, and while talking to a local after a gig, i told her this story. She got really spooked, and told me her sister had seen the same thing while in Sydney, moved house and won't go near the place as she saw it so clearly.

Thats mine so far for what its worth lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have had a couple. They both were accompanied by de ja vu(the occurence not the dream, never had dejavu in a dream, that would be really weird), but I am sure I remembered it from the dream.
Im convinced that is why I felt dejavu, and so I have come to think that every time I get dejavu it is because I had dreamed the event but just dont remember the dream.
The first time a couple of years had passed between the dream and the occurrence, the second time it was a couple of weeks. just fyi
awesome thread!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have many times in my life had pre cognitive dreams, and even waking precognitive thoughts. The first time I can remember telling anyone about something I knew would happen was when I was 7. I had a dream that a large spotted dog attacked me and I couldn't stop it, I was a child who loved animals our family had 2 dogs and a cat at the time, it suprised my mother and father that I told them I didn't want to walk to the store with my brother because I was afraid of 'the dog I dreamed about', but it was regular practice in the evenings that my older brother and mysef would walk across a field behind the house to a store for numerous small items for my parents. I just knew the dog would be there. Sure enough as we left a large dalmnation came running across the field, friendly and wanting to lick and be petted, I calmed down thinking this could not be the dog of my dream. We went onto the store and when leaving the same dog was following us, and started to jump on me, it was bigger than me, my brother tryed to push it away and it began to bite, he ran for help and the dog picked me up, biting me in my side, slinging me like a ragdoll. It slung me away from it, and took off.

In high school there were several incidences where my friends and I would be sneeking around smoking weed, and I might tell them to put it out or throw it out the window becuase the law or some authority was coming, and I would be right every time! Needless to say everyone wanted to smoke their weed with me to keep from getting busted! They started calling me the resident physic. Keep in mind these are just examples.

9/11, not only did I have a dream about falling through concrete, blocks, paper, dust that lasted all night, the night before 9-11, my husband also dreamed he saw a crashed plane with hundreds of dead bodies lying everywhere. We both woke up exclaiming that we had bad dreams and when I went downstairs, out of habit I turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hitting the WTC, then flash to the Pentagon, then we watched in horror as they collapsed, and my husband said 'oh my God that looks exactly like what you just told me you dreamed!', he was mostly pointing out that I had described seeing people with white or greyish white dust all over them and that in my dream I could hardly breath becuase it was so thick and everywhere.

Most recently I have dreamed something on a catastrophic level, I am not sure if it is a natural catastrophy or man made, but I truly hope that it was nothing that I will ever witness. The sky was on fire. Burnig like some kind of gasses were in the air. Military was taking control of everything on the ground. People were hiding in stores and the town looked like it had abandoned cars everywhere, weird though, like they had been abandoned a long time, the stores had old stuff in them, no food, just dusty shelves and useless items. Houses were abandoned. I had a gun. I was prepared to protect myself. The people I saw in the stores and in an abandoned home were terrified, and everyone who did speak did so only in a whisper.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I actually just had one today. Ive been known for having completely random & weird dreams that mean nothing & whenever i tell my friends my dreams they laugh. lol
But i remember having a dream about me & my friend shannon who were going to a shooting range. The next day i told my friend bryan on the way into work about it. That was like a month ago. Today me & my friend shannon (who i never really hang out with by the way) randomly went to the shooting range & i didnt remember the dream until we were there & stuff started happening like deja vu. Then i remembered my dream.
There was another time when i was in 6th grade & had a dream i was in a classroom & i knew all the people in the classroom but i didnt recognise the room we were in. Turned out to be my 7th grade homeroom.
Ive had thousands of little dreams like these that have come true that ive always thought were deja vu. i just dont know how its possible. How can you dream something & then a month or a year goes by & it happens the EXACT same way you dreamt it?
My explination to myself was that it was a sign from god that hes pretty much saying im exactly where im suppose 2 be at that exact moment in my life. If i wasnt, then the dreams would just be dreams. But the fact that they come true has got to be telling you that your life is exaclty on track the way it was destined to be.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've had one pre-cog dream, and I've posted about it on ATS many times.

I dreamed I was on the space shuttle and it was in trouble. I was trying to get everyone off and I actually helped them into parachutes and they floated to the ground and then I jumped from it and watched it fly away with no one on board.

The next morning the space shuttle burned up while entering the atmosphere.

I honestly thought there would be survivors. I had helped them get off the thing, I had watched them float down with parachutes.

That was not what happened though.

It was a strange experience.

wupy

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Yes. More than once.
(Not very many - less than five, I think - but definitely more than once.)

And that's all I am going to say about it.
After all, the specifics are unnecessary, since they'd be out of context here, and people reading this are either going to believe it or not. Posting the entire event(s) would make no difference.

Wait, there is one more thing I'd like to say: I have strong reasons to suspect that one of them was actually an "exit point" from a time-line into the one where I am now. (And again, believing me or not makes very little difference insofar the truth is concerned.
)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have only had one precognitive dream in my life. The night my grandmother died (I hadn't spoken with her in years), I dreamed that she was in a hospital bed and she was talking to me. The next day my sister called and told me that she died. When I told everone in my family the dream, they seemed to get more upset, so I just left it alone. Tonight, 14 years later, I am awokened by another dream, this time of my mother's mom. It is 2:30 am right now and just to document my dream, I left a message on my mother's answering machine to ask if she had heard from her mother lately. I really, really hope I don't find out anything tomorrow, but I also don't want people in my family to think I'm crazy. I have no idea what this one meant. I haven't spoken to her (my grandmother) in years. I guess I will find out soon enough. Thanks for the discussion, this was the only web site I could find to write this down.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yes. I do, a lot. Lately they are happening more than they used to and one that came true 24 hours after I had the dream.

I dreamt that I visited my dad in a coffin. 6 months later it happened. My dad was not sick or anything so it wasn't anything I was dreading or anything that was on my mind.

I dreamt that my friend got a brand new car. She was not in the market but I told her about my dream. She laughed because she could afford a new car. Then 3 months later her mother surprised her with the same make and color of the car I had dreamt about.

There are others that I'd rather not share at this time as well.

The one I had most recently was I was sitting on my couch watching ANTM and saw Whitney win... I told my friend about this the day before it aired. I told her she was my witness about my dreams coming true. She "lol'd" me because she said there was no way Whitney would win. .. then the next day I got a text from her saying OMG.

I have a lot of dreams that come true. I'm not sure why I have them and why most of them come true. Really I hope that some of them don't.. I had one where I was driving in a car (I have an suv) in some place covered in snow (I live in San diego) and I saw the gas prices sign and the top line said 9.12 a gallon... soooooo. hope that never comes true! lol.

fun thread!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes, I have had a few, but they were all ordinary (if kind of eventful) things in my ordinary life or the lives of my friends: break-ups, car trouble, who I ought to be wary of, etc.

Most of them are things where I was probably processing information I already knew into its ultimate conclusion, but the experiences have certainly been a little eerie, to say the least.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've been having them lately and its really freaking me out to be honest with you. I thought about posting them on here but I thought every body would just shot them down so I didn't. I would describe them as being aware of the deja vu before it happends if that makes any sense. Again I dont claim to have any physic capabilities or any thing like that is just something that honestly has been happending. My first one I had was on Friday May 2 and it was a very very vivid dream of a radar map with a big storm hitting the east coast. I wrote it down in my jornal because it was so vivd, then a couple weeks later the east coast got hit with a big nor easter on Monday May 12.

cbs3.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

i honestly have a precognitive dream about 3-4 times a week

sometimes its way less though for a week then i get it a lot again

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

my dreams are not an everyday occurence, but they come often. They seem to always be about natural disasters that will eventually happen.
after I have these dreams it takes about two weeks or a month before the actual disater happens. I feel distress when I see the news about a disaster that occurred and I had already seem it in my dreams. This has been happening to me for quite a while but I can't seem to understand why it's happening to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi All, Thanks for your posts that I have read, I should share my experiences with you, I'm a 33 yr old teacher (British now living in South Australia) who has begun to accept that I precognative dreams, only now I am begining to get them more often than ever before. They used to be every other month but now they are about every couple of weeks. My wife says I have started talking in my sleep as well, (getting a little wierd hearing this). Also I am now predicting things like, for e.g. met a 50 YO women who was talking about her grand children and I knew that she had 2 girls and 1 boy before she had chance to tell me. Predicting when women are pregnant a few weeks before they know it. ????????????
My dreams are always when things are happening to me, I have not given them much credence but trust them as if they are pointing out milestones on my life's roadmap, a little comforting I suppose, can be interesting like getting a new job or something really odd like mowing the lawn, only last for a few seconds when living it, then I realise I've drempt it, and yes I let it play itself out. I'm now starting to find that stranger things are happening to me, kind of Psychic stuff so I've decided to start investigating myself and see if there are others like me. A friend has suggested that I visit a Spiritual Church, however I'm a bit of a sceptic with all that stuff, you know, people like John Edwards. So I'm facing some rather personal issues at the moment in relation to Beleifs, and I suppose I'm now going to begin my journey to what all this is really all about. I just get a little scared, like the other night 13th July 2008, when I drempt of rather a serious plane crash a little like a plane trying to land in a housing estate and creating quite a large deep gouge in the centre of the estate, a bit like the lockerbie plane crash. I didn't watch the news all day but had a look on the net and thankfully nothing has happened. I'm not quite sure what that was all about, but I know I dont often have bad dreams, and the majority of them are about me anyway. Well I suppose I have lots of questions and very little answers at the moment, I'm beginning to wander if I'm beginning the process of awakening with my my dreams and bring them to my living world than sleeping world. Oh and by the way, you know when you have just woken up and your dosing a bit, sort of in and out of conciousness, thats now the best time for me and my dreams. Happy dreaming to you all and good luck with your finds:-)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I recently (2 weeks ago) had one about my sister cutting her hand on a bed frame, and the next day she did...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the only one I know of having.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've had many, many. When I have them they are different from my normal dreams. I wake up and feel a nagging sensation that I MUST store that particular dream in a different area of my brain for safe keeping. I just "know" it is different.

Too many to go into really. A few years ago I did start calling my mother to tell her these dreams so someone else would be able to see what I see when they come true.

I only have one or two a year.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes I have had precognitive dreams .

They started in my teens late 40s now . First one was same dream several times . month later i was in a car accident happened and it was exactly like the dream . I have had similar dreams and kept the knowledge of the dream in the back of my head and was able to advert a accident . The difference was dreamed of a tanker truck pulling in front of me and crash . 4 months later a truck loaded with pipe pulled out in front of me took exactly opposite action swerve instead of slamming on the breaks drove away unharmed .

I rarely dream if the dream is misty cloudy fuzzy it is a nothing dream . But if it is a dream that is crystal clear like a video or as clear as my daily life then those are the one to watch .

For me they go years with out one then a flurry of them. Or just haphazard threw time . Some are yet to be i know they are a precognitive dream but I haven't experienced it or heard about them happening yet .

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi all my name is Hiral age 26yrs. I have precognitive dreams very often and also flashing thoughts. I have been really curious about the unexplained and the ESP's since I was a kid.

I dream about significant things. My dreams are usually vivid and I remember them very well. I dream about things that are goig to happen in the immediate future.

Like some days back I had a dream that I am running towards the general hospital as I got a call from my husband that he is in the hospital.I don't know why is he in the hospital but I am definitely scared hearing that.
The next day, that really happened, I was at work and got a call frm my husband that he has injusred himself and is in the hospital.

I also get flashing thoughts but I never realise their importance unless my 'flashing thought' really happens. I wish I could capture those thoughts and realise their importance.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I have had this since I was like 4 or 5 years old, and I am now 20 years, going on 21. I dream it then I forget it until it happens...I'm not sure if it's déjà vu or not, but what is the difference? I really can't stand when I can't remember what I seen my dreams and then remembering I dreamt it before. I just really want to understand what I have. I tell the people but they are not aware of it or maybe don't believe in it. I just want to understand how to control this and understand why I have it.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I am a 14 year old teenager. I have been having what everyone says are "precongnitive dreams". Where I have a dream, and the exact dreams happens in real life. I've been having these "dreams" since i was about 7 or 8 years old. I never know when I am going to have one, or when the event will occur. It has taken up to a year for something to occur. I do not know what to do about this, since the dreams are nothing more than everything events. I have no been able to figure out why those events would be something i need to see but they apparently are. You asked if anyone else had had this happen to them, or has these dreams. I have "precognitive dreams".

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have had three.

The first was a long time ago. It was a really bizarre dream to begin with. I was being chased by a sentient cobra that wanted to kill me. (oddly, i have had a series of these). i was running all over the place to hide from it. At one point I was running a long a road along the top of the hill, when I happened to look down at a large school where something horrible happened, and there were lights and sirens all over the place. since my own life was in peril, I just had to keep running. It was a blip. About 6 months later that same image came over the tv as columbine.

The other one was that I was with some friends in Mexico(now I am not sure how I knew it was mexico, one of those things you just "know" in a dream) and a massive skyscraper began to crumble. I had a baby in a carriage, and I ran and dove under an overpass for protection while the building came down around me.

But I didn't make the connection at first. Six months after 9/11, i was having one of those dream discussions with a friend when it hit me like a ton of bricks.

The third one is less sinister and more common. About my fourth month into my pregnancy I dreamed I was giving birth to a boy. Guess what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join