It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Clash with Protesters in L.A.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Police Clash with Protesters in L.A.

www.msnbc.msn.com

LAPD to Review Use of Force at Immigration Rally
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
apnews.myway.com
abclocal.go.com
www.liveleak.com
www.liveleak.com

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Its the 60's all over again. Police in L.A. use excessive force to roust peaceful protesters from MacArther Park.
It happened in L.A. yesturday. It can happen in your hometown tomarrow.
Welcome to a police state.

Notice how most news sites arent covering this violence!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here's another symptom of failed government policy in action. It's true that the Feds are getting things their own way, but their way is clearly not what is good for the nation.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK being in Law Enforcement here is another perfect example of pick and choose video. The media shows ONLY the parts they want you to see. What they are not showing is how the protest lasted ALL day and the demenstrators who were doing the right thing and being peaceful have left because they got their point across..and whats left is people who don't know how to follow orders, who disregard laws, and have NO respect for anyone except themselves.

Its just another day in the good old USA where people want things given to them on a silver platter and if they don't get it, or if they have to work for it / earn it they flip out and protest. And they should be glad we are a liberal country now and are using less than lethal weapons and just making their day uncomfortable rather then ending it!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Is it just me o have we just not heard much about this event?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
Its just another day in the good old USA where people want things given to them on a silver platter and if they don't get it, or if they have to work for it / earn it they flip out and protest. And they should be glad we are a liberal country now and are using less than lethal weapons and just making their day uncomfortable rather then ending it!

Police state mentality...check! Let me ask you this. Were you there at that rally in specific?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
These weren't peaceful protesters, they were illegal aliens who have no right to even be in this country let alone petition our government for grievences. They were throwing rocks and stones at police officers!

They should have all been rounded up and sent back to whence they came!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nope, wasnt at the rally. Im sure Id be even more pissed off if I had been. Thankfully we have internet to tell us about the violence and they havent had time to sqaush this story.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
These weren't peaceful protesters, they were illegal aliens who have no right to even be in this country let alone petition our government for grievences. They were throwing rocks and stones at police officers!

You probably should have helped them in rounding all of them up. Please deny your ignorance. Why is it that they are not peaceful if they are illegal?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The police were violent. NOT THE PROTESTERS. Find some video or news which proves your libelous accusation. And dont forget that we were all illegal aliens at one point. Have some compassion!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am concerned that the people who support illegal immigation have learned that throwing rocks and bottles at the police will actually be a good thing for THEM. We'll know if my suspicion turns out to be true if it happens again, very soon.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

They were? Do you have a source for your information? Please post your source for us that they were throwing things at officers, I have not seen this information?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Tom,

What suspicion is that?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sorry but the news doesn't justified the fact that the protesters were mostly illegals so they were braking the law to begin with.

The feds should have rounded them all and send them back to where they belong.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry but the news doesn't justified the fact that the protesters were mostly illegals so they were braking the law to begin with.

The feds should have rounded them all and send them back to where they belong.

So you approve police brutality because they were illegal?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
BTW, the assumption that the people were ILLEGALS just because they were at this particular demonstration IS FALSE. So for those approving police brutality to only illegals I ask, did the police ask everyone for green cards or ID before the violence began? Or did they just carry on regardless of KNOWING?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thank you greatlakes. These kind of things really expose people's true nature.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Let me clarified something here, because obviously trying to push the article as a peaceful demonstration to get enough post is misleading.

From the article itself.

Authorities said several people of the few thousand still at the rally threw rocks and bottles at officers, who fired rubber bullets and used batons to push the crowd back onto the sidewalk

First of all, the right of protest in the US is for citizens of the US and protected by the constitution.

Second the authorities can stop a protest when they interfere with the normal functions of businesses and specially interruption of traffic.

The protesters were in the streets interruption traffic and they turned violent.

Maria Elena Durazo, the executive secretary-treasurer at the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, said the trouble was instigated by "a group of anarchists, not associated with the rally."

I am supposed to believe that the peaceful protesters had not association with the anarchists, occurs when it comes with something going bad everybody is peaceful and good.

Deny ignorance.

Illegals has not rights to use constitutional rights that belong to American citizens.

BTW I am Spanish and was not born in the US main land.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by marg6043]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Like greatlakes said. Not everyone there was/is illegal, not every one who was protesting. If coppers start firing rubber bullets at me, and hitting me with batons because of some anarchists whom I would have no association with, definitely I would defend my self, bottle and rocks you bet! I'm pretty sure i've heard of "unrelated anarchists" causing trouble at peace rallies before.

edit= so you are from spain?

[edit on 2-5-2007 by souls]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I too saw the footage of this event aired again and again today, and William La Jeunesse(sp?), who was reporting made the right-on comment something to the effect of "LA riot police donning shields and helmets and marching in formation..." (note, they do this to make a lot of noise and were not lined up to take action yet) "... is a definite sign to the protesters that it is time to disperse..." (this after several different radio journalists reported that requests for them to disperse were issued.)

It's bad when you get reports that more police officers were injured than protesters. That is not the kind of attention they need to make their point a good one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join