It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh my, oh my. did you cry when you said all that? i bet your ansestors would role in there grave if they ever heard you say that. after what they went through to get you freedom in america, you regress to a little work. Did you see Martin Luther, or Malcome x with a dreads? or a 3 foot mohawk for that matter?

your reasoning for your problems have as much root as 5 yr old not being alowed to eat a candy bar.

so the only difference between the getto and trailer parks is you dont let police handle violence, you will do it yourself, and you have to be black to be from the getto?

this is not a racist thread?

i say under the new terrorist laws, it wont be long before camron and his whole getto finally get preceved as what they are. a terrorist threat. non law abiding citizens.

"you cant wash the color out of your skin" ???? is that what you go to bed every night wishing for? youre going to have a depressing life my freind.

How are we supposed to participate in national commerse if you refuse to reform. i know i wont reform, but i pretend and that is why i will take from this place what i need and then im gone. the world will not change for me or anybody outside the "need to know." stop being so dramatic, its like this for everyone. the only difference is the gettoites kill eachother when they get mad, which is quite easily from what ive seen.

you neighborhood might be tough, but i have a hard time beleiving it is the fault of the police. rarely the police abuse people, and if they did, and the victim had no criminal record, then sue. if you are a problem for police then you should have expected it, you should be happy you still have hands.

I think the getto is just a mass pitty pool. everybody feeling sorry for themselves and thinking the whole world owes them something.

every other race can come here from any coutry and get along just fine, why is it so hard for blacks.

should we just give them all college educations? tell them they are proffesionals and allow them to act however they want?

Also cam'ron and the dipset still live in LES harlem (lower east side)..so yes they are still in the hood..and if something happened most likely they things would pop off in the street..no police

and thank you for clearing up weather this is about violence or not. Its funny how its all "pitty me" when it comes to politics, and then in the getto its "im so tough i dont need police,"

rappers and black nationalists constantly work against eachother.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Shots-unlike yourself I try to make valid arguments instead of baseless opinions

But what's actually for real, one retired NYPD detective insists, is that there is a rap-related unit within the police force. What's more, he said, he's the cop who created it.

"I was the one who started the whole thing," Derrick Parker revealed to MTV News. "The unit was created in '98. ...
Pressed on the exact name for the entity he created, Parker said, "It's not called the hip-hop unit, it's really just under Gang Intel."
Source

I can find more sources if you would like...

Tom Goose- Um..I dont really know where you were trying to go with that whole paragraph..me crying?? my anscestors rolling in there grave..Please explain your purpose in writing that.

So because Malcolm X or MLK do not have dreds that means that other blacks cant. Or does that mean that blacks that do cannot be associated with anything positive? Please explain yourself.

I NEVER said that i wanted to wash out the color of my skin...I never stated nor implied that I wished that I was white now did I. I said this to show you that it is easier for others such as goths to blend in then blacks.

Every other race came here by choice,(there is this little thing called slavery that happened...nothing major it just had a bit of an impact on our culture maybe you should read up on it and its effects)

And its not "im so tough i dont need the police" more like oh damn..well the police arent going to help so i'm just outta luck

BTW your response pretty much proved to me that your mindset is pretty much equivelent to at very best prejudicial if not racist rhetoric that I have heard before.

---I would appreciate it if you would take the time to actually read what I write as well as the explainations instead of skimming for ammunition. . It saves me the time from repeating myself and you the time from sounding stupid by asking questions in which the answers have been clearly explained. Thanks

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So, if someone were to trim their dreads...they've solved their problem?

I cannot believe this. Implied said you cannot wash off your color...you take this to mean she wishes she wasn't black. How do you interpret that?

I am sure she has a job and is working very hard to get to the life she really wants to live.

Lets be real Tom. Ask yourself...and I repeat...ask yourself, if it were as simple as you make it sound, would there even be a problem?

Seriously, if it were that simple...no one would have to be living miserably as some of them do. Then why are most of them? Well, to you, it has to be because they're stupid and can't see the simple solution.

I am trying very hard to not curse you out. I'm trying not to deal with the situation like a "ghettolian." Because, if I were to behave in the way I think you should be treated...I'd get banned...permanently. You are one of the most closed minded people I've ever encountered on ATS. Some of your points I agree with...you do make some sense...but overall, you're simply suggesting that all of the people living in the ghetto miserably choose to live this way, because they don't follow your simple steps to a much better life?

Repeat it, say it. Listen to it and tell me it sounds sensible? Because in a nutshell, that's all you're saying. It's ludicrous. I thought shots was wack...but shots atleast shows that he lives in reality from time to time.

Yes, some black people, and people in general need to work harder and get their minds right to overcome their struggles...but what you're saying is totally...what do I call it? It's...damn!

Not only is it...like...damn...it's also very insulting to Implied, and many others on this board. Now, if I were to call you what I wish to call you, I'd get banned instantly...but I personally think your statments should get you a 4 month vacation in the worse ghetto of them all.

I also have to give much respect and props to Implied, because her response to your statements Tom was far less ghetto(by your definition I suppose) than mine. She handled it well...I on the other hand take it very personal, and very seriously.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

I can find more sources if you would like...

Yes please do; only this time put some up that prove beyond a doubt this is happening what I read implied they were nothing more then allegations as was or were a few of your concerns in Gainesville.

Edit to add from your source it stated

No, insists the NYPD.

"There is no such thing,"

said Detective Walter Burns, a senior NYPD spokesperson. "We have no hip-hop task force, no hip-hop unit, no hip-hop patrol."

[edit on 5/11/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

ghettolian

I'm sorry but that made me laugh
Anyways I appreciate your comment..It took almost all I had not to say some things that I would normally say face to face..but seeing as I like ATS and dont want to get banned.....
(this icon will have to do)

I think the problem I have right now is with Tom. At least with shots..i disagree with him but he has at least came up with his opinions through what he feels are 'valid sources' (black friends,critical articles..etc) The way you tom just jumped in and the way you made your comments have made you look very racist. This is obvious by the way you have interpreted the things that I have said..Anyways I would like for you to clarify and explain yourself, so that I can better understand what the hell you are trying to say to me...

SHOTS--we dont have big rappers in gainesville. When i made the comment about the undercover police it was in reference to cam'ron who lives in NYC. Therefore i was speaking of the NYPD..I figured the man who created the department would be a good enough source but if you want more..give me a minute

[edit on 5/11/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Tom Goose- Um..I dont really know where you were trying to go with that whole paragraph..me crying?? my anscestors rolling in there grave..Please explain your purpose in writing that.

So because Malcolm X or MLK do not have dreds that means that other blacks cant. Or does that mean that blacks that do cannot be associated with anything positive? Please explain yourself.

I NEVER said that i wanted to wash out the color of my skin...I never stated nor implied that I wished that I was white now did I. I said this to show you that it is easier for others such as goths to blend in then blacks.

Every other race came here by choice,(there is this little thing called slavery that happened...nothing major it just had a bit of an impact on our culture maybe you should read up on it and its effects)

And its not "im so tough i dont need the police" more like oh damn..well the police arent going to help so i'm just outta luck

BTW your response pretty much proved to me that your mindset is pretty much equivelent to at very best prejudicial if not racist rhetoric that I have heard before.

---I would appreciate it if you would take the time to actually read what I write as well as the explainations instead of skimming for ammunition. . It saves me the time from repeating myself and you the time from sounding stupid by asking questions in which the answers have been clearly explained. Thanks

Ive read everything that you have written and i ask you to do the same.

i have taken ammunition from your posts yes, but i also gave back input as to a means out of what you feel you are deeling with.

Slaves? were you ever a slave? do you really want to go back to africa? if not i understand why, and i know that it is the country you live in that is to blame.

people who's familys were in canada before it was even called canada have had their land ripped away from them by the canadain government. they sucked it up and now their future generations have credibility. Im talking about Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, even whites from intrest rate hikes.

we sent the chinese into tunnels with sticks of dinomite and took all the japanese land, but do you see them complaining about it today. no, they are getting back at us in our own system. you should try it, but it seems you are. you are in college you heading to a future. Why do you not see what im saying.

maybe you think it would be easier to convice the whole world to change than it would be to change a black man living in the getto.

oh and my line about crying and ansestors. after reading what i wrote above i hope you can see why i believe you are just feeling sorry for yourself, and i think your ansestors that endoured so much struggle and lose of dignity would smack you for all this kicking up dust saying "i shouldn't have to act like them." you are so close, why all of a sudden the demand for respect. what happened to earning it. What have you brought to america except the getto?

and damb it stop calling me a racist, its has no fact and its a poor attempt to swing an argument to good and evil. im not saying any of you are bad, im saying you need to start seeing more angles and less agression. It wont fit in here, or in the US.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Therefore i was speaking of the NYPD..I figured the man who created the department would be a good enough source but if you want more..give me a minute

[edit on 5/11/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

Yup you are going to have to do much better because he might be claiming it it so but the nypd says it ain't so. Therefore as I stated nothing but allegations

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Okay, I'm beginning to understand you Tom, but I think you should becareful of what you speak. I do not think Implied is feeling sorry for herself...she seems to be a strong person who takes responsiblity for whatever action she commits.

I dont think she is even asking you to take it easy on her...nor am I...but there are other people who live in the ghetto that, do not feel sorry for themselves, but also have a hard time bettering themselves.

You have to understand this. That's all we're asking...at least try to understand that not all people in the ghetto can simply rise up, and come out of the ghetto. Many people take years...most of their young life to get out of the ghetto...and that's sometimes doing it legally...it can be done alot faster illegally, but there are consequences for that too.

It's not a 7 day plan or something. There's no...10 steps to getting out of the ghetto...alive. Althought their should be...lol, cuz I can name a few steps to help better your living...but, there's much more to it than that. That's all we're saying...nothing else.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

you are so close, why all of a sudden the demand for respect. what happened to earning it. What have you brought to america except the getto?

The question is what has america brought me? I didnt make the ghetto. I agree with earning respect but 1) It seems with certian people i dont get get the chance. why should I be automatically disrespected because the color of my skin. b) I carry myself in a respectable and all that but all i have to do is walk into a room flash a smile and if there are 20 white people in the room I gauruntee at least 15 will give me a look like f- you. And if there are 5 cops in the room..none will look at me with the respect that I have earned but these same people will be quick to be nice and friendly to John Doe from the Suburbs. Why the double standard? c) Maybe you should tell that to cops.

I say "why should i act like them" in the since of why should I have to conform. If it is my personality and my wish to speak more proper than an english teacher , wear polo shirts and khakis all day every day. That is my right as a human being. If it is my wish to have dreds, talk in slang (not in inappropriate situations), and wear applebottom jeans/club blouses, and have tatoos and golds in my mouth that is also my right as a human being. If i want to have dreds and speak proper and wear polos..that is my right.Hell if i wish to dress like a ninja everyday day of my life that is my right. I should NOT be judged differently (execpt for the last case thats just kind of odd) but still I should not have to conform in order to be considered a productive human being. I should not have to be like you just to be even considered intelligent.

PLUS i want you to explain your comment about dreds.

SHOTS-

NYPD Admits to Rap Intelligence Unit

Rap Unit
Cops On Prowl

Hip Hop Cops
This one is from overseas
US police put hip-hop under surveillance

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I agree with earning respect but 1) It seems with certian people i dont get get the chance. why should I be automatically disrespected because the color of my skin. b) I carry myself in a respectable and all that but all i have to do is walk into a room flash a smile and if there are 20 white people in the room I gauruntee at least 15 will give me a look like f- you. And if there are 5 cops in the room..none will look at me with the respect that I have earned but these same people will be quick to be nice and friendly to John Doe from the Suburbs. Why the double standard? c) Maybe you should tell that to cops.

that sounds like a good opportunity to show them up. strike up a conversation with one of them and see who knows what. If you bow into a conversation, most will reply.

but i would rather concentrate on the source of this problem

I say "why should i act like them" in the since of why should I have to conform. If it is my personality and my wish to speak more proper than an english teacher , wear polo shirts and khakis all day every day. That is my right as a human being. If it is my wish to have dreds, talk in slang (not in inappropriate situations), and wear applebottom jeans/club blouses, and have tatoos and golds in my mouth that is also my right as a human being.

it is. but at a sub culture level. I know it sounds rude, but this is corporate america we are talking about. did you watch that boston legal clip i posted? it points out what i mean.

we all have to conform to a certain appeal and character that will fit in to what people (blue collar) expect. Were is all the property tax coming from? i dont think it is the getto. the people that pay the most for protection are the ones that you need to convince about your credibility and respect.

save up with members of your family and all buy a house in one of their neighborhoods. I see all the time, ive drywalled so many houses that are like 7-10 bedrooms on one floor, with a bathroom for every 2. these are nice houses in nice neighborhoods, and they are all making mininmum wage at best. it may not be comfortable, but its only like that for the first generation then the next reap the profits, and there are many.

obviously this is not an overnight plan, but if you look into it, its simple a matter of a few steps, a few dozen forms, a half dozen phone calls, family comitment. I know family is out of the question for some, and feel for those deeply, but freinds can be as close as family if the same commitments are made.

the problem i see with this all going down, is trying to move the masses to seeing it this way. seeing unity and future growth instead of self motivation and instant gratifications. The hip hop industry, and nagative rap stars like camron are not helping this.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

SHOTS-

NYPD Admits to Rap Intelligence Unit

Rap Unit
Cops On Prowl

Looks like you are shooting yourself in the foot all of the sources are quoting the same source who alleged he started the task force.

Head of the NYPD hip hop task force Derek Parker, supposedly the first hip hop cop and the one who actually began accumulating info on rappers, said in the March 30 issue of the Village Voice,
(Source March 30 Issue of the Village Voice)

As for the Miami PD in the first link it states they just talked with the NYPD. So you can see theses are all allegation and all are coming from Rap sites which makes them very suspect except of course the one in the UK but even then some of their media are tabloids looking for any tidbit of gossip that might sell a paper without checking to see if it is true or not.

Now can you furnish the same information from a major news network stating this is fact or a major newspaper????

[edit on 5/12/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In most of those shots they spoke to the man who created the unit..do you want me to do a background check on him?? If what he was saying was false then you would think the nypd or miami police or others would come out denying it but they have not..and thses reports surfaced back in '04.But live in your state of denial

tom goose--you are wrong..not everybody can save money like that. If you add in kids, bills, payments for other things, unexpected emergencies..If it was that easy do you think we are too stupid to have figured that out? I mean seriously that may work for a couple of people but not every body. Do you think people like living in the ghetto? Most people spend there whole lives trying to find a way out often the answer seems to lie with rap,hustling or sports.
Also the cops get paid to protect and serve EVERYBODY. not just the people who pay the most property taxes.
You solutions are4 ignorant of the problem and not viable for most people. Just because such and such did this..does not mean that everybody can. BUT does the fact that i live in the ghetto give cops the right to mistreat me? It seems that your only solution to the police brutality is to move from the ghetto. They treat me the same if not worse when i am in a white neighborhood because my skin color does not change.So say i start living in a good neighborhood like you suggest..you still haven't solved our problem. Do its not my environment so much as it is their mentality towards us.
I find it odd (not shocking though) that neither one of you have suggest to a)get rid of the cops who have committed crimes against people b)get rid of the cops who have covered up or ignored crimes against people c) allow for harsher punishment of the police d) train police more effectively on how to deal with people different from themselves e) Screen cops so that you know who the crazy or racist ones are from day 1
But NOPE to you all the problem is with the victims rights? We are either putting ourselves in bad situations, exaggerating the problem, or imagining that one exists. It is all our fault right?

Can i get an answer to the dred question?(i do not have dreds but your comment really bothered me. It kind of tells me that if you say a black man with dreds in a suit you would stillo think the worst of him.)

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In most of those shots they spoke to the man who created the unit..do you want me to do a background check on him?? If what he was saying was false then you would think the nypd or miami police or others would come out denying it but they have not..and thses reports surfaced back in '04.But live in your state of denial

Are you even paying attention?? They already denied it and it came right from your own source. I just mentioned Miami and that apparently went right orver your head all they claim they had phone calls with NYPD and nothing more. Do not believe me check your own links you are the one who is using them to back up your claim and all you keep coming up with hearsay and allegations that were stated on several rap hip hop sites. If you read what they say they write the headline with a question mark or other inferences then in the text they use the words allegedly, supposedly etc to avoid possible lawsuits.

post with quote

One of your own links I forget which one also stated the teask force was made up of one man, Imagine that a one man task force

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

tom goose--you are wrong..not everybody can save money like that. If you add in kids, bills, payments for other things, unexpected emergencies..If it was that easy do you think we are too stupid to have figured that out? I mean seriously that may work for a couple of people but not every body. Do you think people like living in the ghetto? Most people spend there whole lives trying to find a way out often the answer seems to lie with rap,hustling or sports.
Also the cops get paid to protect and serve EVERYBODY. not just the people who pay the most property taxes.
You solutions are4 ignorant of the problem and not viable for most people. Just because such and such did this..does not mean that everybody can. BUT does the fact that i live in the ghetto give cops the right to mistreat me? It seems that your only solution to the police brutality is to move from the ghetto. They treat me the same if not worse when i am in a white neighborhood because my skin color does not change.So say i start living in a good neighborhood like you suggest..you still haven't solved our problem. Do its not my environment so much as it is their mentality towards us.
I find it odd (not shocking though) that neither one of you have suggest to a)get rid of the cops who have committed crimes against people b)get rid of the cops who have covered up or ignored crimes against people c) allow for harsher punishment of the police d) train police more effectively on how to deal with people different from themselves e) Screen cops so that you know who the crazy or racist ones are from day 1
But NOPE to you all the problem is with the victims rights? We are either putting ourselves in bad situations, exaggerating the problem, or imagining that one exists. It is all our fault right?

Can i get an answer to the dred question?(i do not have dreds but your comment really bothered me. It kind of tells me that if you say a black man with dreds in a suit you would stillo think the worst of him.)

you know what? i will answer to the dreads, but as for the rest, YOU ARE HOPELESS

nobody in coporate america is going to take a man in dreads and his jeans hanging down past his crotch seriously. you can hate me for that, but it doesn't change anything. the same way torn jeans flannel shirts and fag tags, dont work white people.

If you came to work in customary african atire, no one would care, most would compliment you. you come to work dressed like so called african american culture... dont expect props from bankers, they will probably que security.

Punks and goths face the same problems, but they dont seem to expect the world to change for them, instead they made there own world and they dont bother anyone. for the most part.

You cant act the way you want? what do i need to do to make you understand that? We all have to conform in our own way.

beleive me i hate the government and police attitude, i want things to change, but this is the world that we live in, and you cant fight evil with good, good has too many rules that is tied down to, but you can let evil extiquish itself, just by letting it be, do what YOU think is right, and dont blame others for your missfortunes. there is always someone with a #tier life.

Oh and n\it is my understanding that dreads are difficult to wash, infact most dont wash them that often. that is f-ing gross, and nobody in the public should have to have those dirty knots swinging around their face.
im not saying there should be a law banning them, but i will give my opinion about them and im sure employers will as well, unless they are too scared to be called a racist which you a have tried to label me as.

and if you cant handle peoples mentality towards you, then you are too damb proud and you obviously think you are special.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Back to that original topic with dudes not helping the police because the police don't help the dudes...

In the Stop Snitchin' (seems to have died now for some reason.
)

A few people made a great point...

You don't want to help the police because the don't help you. But that kind of mentalilty is only going to continue the problems. By not helping out you are just making things worse for yourself and town. Just because things aren't great you don't have to go make them worse. Be the better person. Maybe then it wold turn into the public helping the police, and the police helping the public more, making it better.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Tom goose you are stereotyping. Not all people with dreds wear pants that hang on their crotch. Alot of professors with phds have dreds and do not dress in such a manner. I wanted to you to answer my question because I knew you would say something ignorant.
Dreds="dirty knots" yet another IGNORANT STATEMENT. I know plenty of people who have dreds and they get it washed and/or retwisted about every 1-2 weeks (if not they just dont know what the hell they are doing). So you dont know what you are talking about. You can wash dreds. Its odd because the only people i have seen walk around with "dirty knots" are white people..kinda weird considering that type of hair wasnt meant to be dreaded up but whatever floats their boat..If you see someone with a dirty hairstyle that is because they are a dirty person it has nothing to do with the style itself. Educate yourself before you speak on it.
Hopeless? Trust me i'm anything but. Whats hopeless is the fact that you continue to lay blame with the victims instead of the perpetrators. I think you called me hopeless because you are frustrated at the fact that i wont back down..you continue to aviod the points that you dont like. You still havent explained to me why you blame the victims instead of suggesting changes from the cops.???? You keep referring to the fact that we should change in order to assimilate into corporate america but..i keep referring to the police. It seems to me that you believe we should continue to allow police to have free reign over the community because after all its those damn rapping Negroes with baggy pants and dreds that are the problem

enjoies05-i understand and respect what you are saying and in a perfect world it would work..but this is not a game. Trusting the police with hope that you can change the way they think can get you KILLED(and this is from both sides of the law.) We do not have the luxury of saying 'you know what maybe i'll give the cops a chance this time (even though they have never worked for me before)' but the cops DO have the luxery of changing their attitudes,policies, and procedures. Everytime I am approached by the cops I treat them with respect (mostly out of fear..that pepper spray/baton/ and gun aint no joke) have they returned it..NO. the still disrespect us and treat us as if we are nothing I still get pulled over driving through certain neighborhoods, harrassed outside of clubs and rent a cops still look at me funny when i go to 'nice stores'. (once again not all cops but a great majority)

Shots- I am probably going to say this only one. you are right..I should have read the entire article. I still believe it to be true though..I have seen videos where you can clearly see the 'undercover police '(they are not that good at hiding) following the rappers, i still have yet to see a denial from the head of the nypd, and things like this dont just come out of thin air.I dont believe stated my opinion on whether it was right or wrong or dependent on the rapper whether it was justified, i was stating that these units existed.BUT since you want rock solid 100% proof which obviously i cannot provide..i'll just move on

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I still believe it to be true though..

I realized that when you first started saying it was taking place and there in lies your problem or at least a big portion of it. When you hear stuff like that you have to get all the facts and determine if they are true or not before making allegations,

[edit on 5/12/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
and i gave you ammunition on purpose just to show you that you dont give a damb about solving your problem as much as you about screaming out how different you are and nobody knows what its like to be black. you insulted white people wearing dreads, while they are using it in the same simple manor you, screaming out against the establishment. thats great, but im telling you its not doing you any good, it is just drawing a thicker line between us.

Hard working black communities are suffering from the people you are defending, your in college (so you say) why do you not see that?

If it is there is a stereotype problem, its your own mates that are making it happen, not the police. Rappers should be followed because they are openly talking about incidents of violence and drug dealing, and making the youth in tax paying communities think it is ok to do this.

do they think they are above the law?

There is a Indo-Canadian man living here, He was involved in the highest levels of crime, as organised as it got back then. He was shot twice in the head while at a barber, which left him paralised from the chest down. He has done interviews with a provincial wide news paper explaining his story, nearly ALL the crimes he commited and was never charged with, and sends positive messages to youths giving speaches about staying away from guns drugs and violence.

The RCMP were very interested, but in the end left it all alone, because he was not promoting anything, he was working hard against it.

These Rappers are focusing their anger through the wrong channels, they should be taking their messages to schools and raping about ways of seeing hope in the sitution.

That might help people not beleive it is hopeless

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh and real rastas dont wash it the way you do. they were a tradition in many cultures (so was throwing crap into the streets) and to imitate them the way you do might be considered insulting to some.

there are now special designer shampoos for all of you pop culture wanna be rastas. maybe they might give you some with your purchase of your new camron album.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

your in college (so you say)

Why is it hard to believe that I am a black woman who is educated AND have a mind of my own ? I guess those things dont go together in your book.

In order to solve a problem you must first identify it. If people like you are unable to see the complexities within this problem then your 'solutions' will not work. I have offered solutions..but you refuse to recognize that the police need to change.Cops that treat citizens with respect usually get respect back. I have seen a cop who treats everyone he meets like family.Despite the stop snitchin thing he hasnt had a problem with people not wanting to give him tips. They do this because they trust him and can see through his actions that he is their to protect everyone..not just collect a paycheck I am not saying that ALL black people harrassed are innocent. but MOST are. Either way it is not the police's job to become judge and jury and decide who to give there punishment to.

I did not insult white people with dreds. They are honestly the only people i have seen with dirty dreds. Not all of them have dirty dreds and that is not what i said but out of the about 4 people i have seen with dirty dreds those people were white. There a plenty of other people besides Rastas that were dreds It is not 'pop culture' most wear it as a simple symbol of our heritage but that is something you dont understand. I was not speaking on rastas because most black people in the US with dred's are not rastafarian. You can visually see that there is a difference between Rasta dreadlocks and non-rasta dreadlocks.

READ WHAT I WRITE, This is what i said regarding hip hop police.

I dont believe stated my opinion on whether it was right or wrong or dependent on the rapper whether it was justified, i was stating that these units existed

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join