It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Implied's hit the nail on the head...again.

Shots, stop smoking crack, okay?! That goes for Jakko too. Until you've been black and beaten, or harrassed by a few racial police, the word "nice" doesn't come anywhere in your vocabulary.

What you're saying is, that most of these police cases are caused because the people were not nice to the police shots? Are you really that stupid?

Goose, you are another one generalizing rap. What do you know about it? Implied put it out for you...most black people these days don't even buy rap music the way they used to, they could be bootlegging, but that's another story altogether.
I, personally am sick of mainstream Hip Hop about the cars and bling, so I dont listen to it. Instead, I listen to more positive music, from Mos Def, Canibus, even DMX(who's my favourite rapper by the way), sometimes Dead Prez and The RZA.

Now, I've told you before...there are alot more positive rappers than negative ones. If you do not believe this, start doing more research, start listening and stop watching BET and MTV. What you hear on the radio is given to you because it sells. That's exactly why you hardly hear positive rap music, because it does not sell. It doesn't pay the bills. Most underground rappers have to hold down a day job, because rapping about the more important things, whether it's racism, to 911, to rapping about rap doesn't get you airplay...or pays the rent. People(who are mostly white by the way, because the business does not cater to blacks when they make music these days, seeing that most of it is bought by white people) make or break an artist. Most underground artists have to sell out at some point in time in order to get played, or to survive, because ofcourse, not much people want to hear that positive crap that Hip Hop originated from.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Selfish bastards

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Rasobasi420]

Those are your words not mine. Big deal you post three links from groups that are doing something. How many rapppers are there?? my guess is thousands and I can gurantee you all of them are not runing foundations to improve the conditions, they are filling their pockets with cash instead.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You fool^. The thousands of rappers out there aren't rich. They're mostly underground rappers who haven't made it yet, mostly because they choose to rap about positive things that no one wants to hear, except for you shots, I'm sure you'll love positive rappers. Lol, Let me not kid myself.

Majority of rappers do not have money shots...they are mostly very poor. Shows how much you know.

Also, even the new mainstream rappers don't have much money. The label, producers, managers, promoters and such get most of the profits from a newer rapper.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
Most underground artists have to sell out at some point in time in order to get played, or to survive, because ofcourse, not much people want to hear that positive crap that Hip Hop originated from.

Which once again proves my point that only negative hip hop or rap sells. Who's fault is that??? If there is or are so many good rappers out there why can't they sell their music.

I would venture to guess it is because most do not like it and that of course is MHO

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You never once stated that only negative rap/hip hop sells. The way you wrote, it sounded more like...rap is mostly bad, and rappers are making the police look bad.

I can agree that mostly negative, or Hip Hop with no real message sells. That's a fact. It's a shame you didn't put it like that in the beginning.

And ask yourself why it sells? You think the rappers make it sell?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

And ask yourself why it sells? You think the rappers make it sell?

I already thought I made it clear why it sells.

Perhaps the good rappers need to get out and educate their communities that is what several keep telling me educate myself. Well if you and they feel one must educate themselves to like music start educating then.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Implied Caos

did that kid in the video you posted threaten me?

it sure sounded like he did

im a white guy, yes, although im half lebanese, and from this mans speach, i would say he thinks i should feels sorry for him.

has he ever tried to speak to his parents about leaving this neighborhood?

if he has and they wont listen that is their fault and their problem. stop dramatising this and making it a social issue when it is personal issues with a cetain group that refuse to fit in.

for one... stop talking like that, i can barely understand what your saying. Im supposed to learn how to talk like you so i can accept you and not be a racist.

that video is funny, but cutting.

if i want to see action from my government, im not going to be able to do it unless i play their game and act just like them. fact of life, we ALL have to deal with it.

Blacks have seporated themselves from the rest of western society by believing that they should act and talk any way they please and if we dont like it we are not down with black nationalism.

If only the Goths and drunk native indians on east hastings had those kind of demands, i think we would see more police action against them as well.

What does that kid in the video want? is he saying that police are causing all the violence in his neighborhood? id say he is being discriminated against the same way anyone does that doesnt live the same way "they" do.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Shots..i would appreciate it if you would give me the courtesy of at least attempting to answer my questions as I have tried to do the same for you..

---What part of the video advocated violence?
----Those two cases that I mentioned they did not treat the police in way that warranted there death sentences did they? Im guessing your answer will be that those are isolated cases...or doesnt happen as often as I suggest right??

Well how many of my African-American brothers and sisters must be harrassed, brutalized, disrespected or die before you see that these arent that isolated...before you understand that we are not the one overexagerating. I think you dont understand that police brutality encompasses a myriad of things not just beatings and murders...this includes intimidation, disrepect, (ie calling grown men BOYS when they would call a white man sir) and verbal assaults.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I talk how I want to because I can I do it because I write the way that I think.If i pause in my writing I put..... While I do appreciate constructive criticism IMO...If you dont like it I would advise you to promptly press the ignore button.

Why cant we talk and act like the way we please? Why do you want us to lose our culture in order to fit in? Dont get mad because we stand up for ourselves. We are a the most diverse people in every way (color wise. personality wise etc) So for you to make your statements shows me that you dont like people who are different.

How can a cop stop a person because we dont live the same way they do?? They stop us because we are BLACK.point blank.. Your rationale makes it seem like it is right to discriminate against people who dont live the same way as myself. That means if we follow your logic i should discriminate against whites, hispanics, and jewish people just because they are different and refuse to act like me right?

--there are a variety of reasons why people cant/dont leave there neighborhood. That has nothing to do woth video. He was pulled over while DRIVING. That happens to us more often while we are driving through predom. white neighborhoods..so where he lives isnt so much of a factor as where he was driving and his race.
Where did he threaten you??? I never heard him say we should do this or that to white people?? He described why we have the mindset that we do.

I guess the video went right over your heads because yall just dont understand the messege

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You fool^. The thousands of rappers out there aren't rich. They're mostly underground rappers who haven't made it yet, mostly because they choose to rap about positive things that no one wants to hear, except for you shots, I'm sure you'll love positive rappers. Lol, Let me not kid myself.

Majority of rappers do not have money shots...they are mostly very poor. Shows how much you know.

Also, even the new mainstream rappers don't have much money. The label, producers, managers, promoters and such get most of the profits from a newer rapper.

Have you ever heard of Rage against the Machine?

very positive way at looking at the injustices in the world, with a fight spirit. and extremely powerfull "music" to go with it.

Unfortunatly the media industry disbanded this group by using their buisness to start fires, like offering money to some, in order to go against the one that wants more. maybe youve heard of the group called Audioslave.... they get the most radio play out of any rock band right now. that used to be the band for RATM, but were denied success with that group.

Following the September 11th attacks, Clear Channel created a list of "songs with questionable lyrics"; RATM has the dubious distinction of being the only band to have all its songs on the list.

en.wikipedia.org...

I had a lot of hope for that group. Zach even spoke on the floor at the UN on behalf i cant remember what...look it up.

The point is, Possitive might not neccessarly be what WE dont want to hear, but rather what THEY dont want us to hear.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

I talk how I want to because I can I do it because I write the way that I think.If i pause in my writing I put..... While I do appreciate constructive criticism IMO...If you dont like it I would advise you to promptly press the ignore button.

Why cant we talk and act like the way we please? Why do you want us to lose our culture in order to fit in? Dont get mad because we stand up for ourselves. We are a the most diverse people in every way (color wise. personality wise etc) So for you to make your statements shows me that you dont like people who are different.

How can a cop stop a person because we dont live the same way they do?? They stop us because we are BLACK.point blank.. Your rationale makes it seem like it is right to discriminate against people who dont live the same way as myself. That means if we follow your logic i should discriminate against whites, hispanics, and jewish people just because they are different and refuse to act like me right?

--there are a variety of reasons why people cant/dont leave there neighborhood. That has nothing to do woth video. He was pulled over while DRIVING. That happens to us more often while we are driving through predom. white neighborhoods..so where he lives isnt so much of a factor as where he was driving and his race.
Where did he threaten you??? I never heard him say we should do this or that to white people?? He described why we have the mindset that we do.

I guess the video went right over your heads because yall just dont understand the messege

i have no idea what you sound like. but after reading my post i see where you got that impression. I meant the kid in the video and and the viewpoint behind the clip i posted. typing does not show tone of voice, you could be irish for all i know.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by tom goose]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Shots..i would appreciate it if you would give me the courtesy of at least attempting to answer my questions as I have tried to do the same for you..

----Those two cases that I mentioned they did not treat the police in way that warranted there death sentences did they? Im guessing your answer will be that those are isolated cases...or doesnt happen as often as I suggest right??

Read Tom Goose's post above your his post pretty much summarizes the way I felt after watching it also.

Are you perhaps using blinders to see only the portions of the video you like? That is what you accused me of yet another poster saw it and took it the same way I did, imagine that

As for your last point; I have told you over and over stop living in the past those days are gone, take the chip off your shoulder and move on with life.

Now get out there and educate all those African Americans that do not like your music. Oh wait that is probably impossible because one's like for music comes from a sense of hearing and not education as you seem to think.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well how many of my African-American brothers and sisters must be harrassed, brutalized, disrespected or die before you see that these arent that isolated...before you understand that we are not the one overexagerating. I think you dont understand that police brutality encompasses a myriad of things not just beatings and murders...this includes intimidation, disrepect, (ie calling grown men BOYS when they would call a white man sir) and verbal assaults.

because if you dont include my brothers as your brothers, you are being disrespectfull. you think you are of another species? you dont want to diry your blood with white filth? ya im putting words in your mouth, this is how the whole "my brothers" sounds to me. If you dont act like i had to learn to act and everyone else, then you are not my brother either, you are of another family of beings that are trying to infaltrate and then you are my enemy. so prepare for discrimination.

I guess by the bold attitudes and screams to stand out, you are already prepared, so whats the problem? you got what you wanted.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have white people in my family by blood not marraige. I am not at all racist. I said my brothers and sisters because it is a term to signify unity. Yes IMO under the eyes of GOD we are ALL brothers and sisters regardless of race. It was an expression not meant to signify any racism towards other groups.

And shots as for as black people not likeing rap..the ones that I have met have not generalized hip hop and said rap is a detriment to society. They mostly say that they prefer positive rap or its just not there thing. The ones that I have met have not said that Rap as a whole is bad. All of them have knowledge to rap and its roots and are therefore educated on the subject unlike yourself. Its not that i dislike people who dont like rap..only people who make blanket accusations

[edit on 5/11/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ok... i went over board, this is not a racial thread, it was not meant to be.

what this was about was. a young hip hop star, with the ears of millions of kids, openly saying that he would not help the police solve a murder.

is that what he visions for people of his origin to look towards. Does he not see the peacfull society around him and think "i want that." If he did, he would not be saying these things publicly. and doesn't him saying this contradict other rappers message of "stay in school." why should they, books there are old and the teachers dont care. Why dont rappers speak out about the lack of push for education in there neighborhoods. "stay in school" when the school is designed to make you fail? sounds like bad advice.

I think this man was way out to say he wont help the police, and the only reason he would say that is to keep an image.

does camrone still live in the getto?

why is he still trying to keep an image that he no longer fits? just to take money from those people to use for his own personal advances. Not just his music, but most popullar rap, leaches off of their own own society and gives nothing back except for fuel for the fire because the ashes mean more money in his pocket.

If you are a black man in a discriminated neighborhood, move out, tell your freinds and family to leave, go somewhere safe, but dont bring your battle to my doorstep with mind polluted wanna bees that think leaving me in a pool of blood is going to make them more respectfull amoung their hommies.

Young people in Surry BC get pulled over for no reason all the time, usually because car thefts are high, there is a lot of violence with the drug buisness, and the rest of the people in the neighborhood want to be safe. so surry has the largest RCMP detatchment in western canada. not because of polulation, but because of crime. and believe me NONE of these people are screeming discrimination, they just think that is the way it is, you mess around or live in a messed up neighborhood, you deal with the consiquences.

the "baller" image has been so inflated that the cops dont know who to chase any more. smart gangsters dont dress like one, they are getting away with crimes while the ones that dress like the gangsters in the videos are getting pulled over and detained for suspition all the time. can you blame them?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm not getting any of what you say. I understand it tom, but it makes no sense.

Tupac wasn't in the ghetto when the police whupped his ass! No...how dare Cam'ron say that! He cannot speak for himself...when he has children looking up to him. You find that wrong. He's making black people look bad you may think. Is he? He won't help the police, neither would I. I guess we're bad people for that...we are only focusing on our image and our bank accounts. It's funny how his actions of not helping the police also helps his image to the millions of white people who buy his albums. Lol. They often, Cam'ron himself has stated to kids that they should stay in school and off drugs. He didn't add that they should not help the police. He was stating that he wouldn't help the police. I dont think he goes around telling people do not help or trust the cops, 'cause they're bad. Ofcourse, my words to any black man(poor or not) living in an area that is fueled by racial violence is to NOT trust anyone...especially the police. But ofcourse, I am making the police and myself look bad by saying those things. Any child looking up to Cam'ron as a role model needs help. The only example such rappers are, are examples that anyone can gain success.Cam'ron is not a role model...most rappers aren't. They are simply telling stories, most of which are true about the world they live in.

Myself and others have also stated, and gave situations where successful rappers gave back to their communities, especially where they grew up. But ofcourse, the media would not highlight this. So don't sit there talking trash. Get up, do some real research into the matter and then speak about it. So far, none of you have given any sort of info that Implied, myself or raso and others can honestly say....you have a real good point there. Because we know more about the situation than you, we can bring good debate. We can dismiss most of what you say as being false statements, based upon a lack of knowledge on the matter, leading to stupid opinions. No true facts! Get some real info for us to ponder about.

Eminem said...
"They say music can alter moods, and talk to you
But can it load a gun up on you, and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you're assaulted dude
Just tell the judge it was my fault, and I'll get sued
See what these kids do, is hear about us totin' pistols
And, they wanna get one, cuz they think it's cool
Not knowin that we really just protectin ourselves
We're entertainers, ofcourse this stuff is affecting our sales
You ignoranace, when music's just reflection of self
We just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail
It's messed up aint it, how we could come from practically nothin
To bein' able to have any thing that we wanted
That's why we, sing for these kids, who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a rap magazine
Who're postin up pictures on they wall, all they long
Idolize they favourite rappers, and know all their songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through crap in their lives
So they sit and they cry at night, wishin they'd die
'Til they throw on a rap record, and they sit and they vibe
We ain't nothin to you, but we the crap in they eyes..." - Taken from the song, Sing For The Moment

Those words^ have so much meaning to it...that some of you may never get.

You said that it's a personal issue tom. Why can't they just move out? Moving out reuqires money...take into consideration those who do have jobs...and can't simply "move out", because of their job and other factors. Are you serious? Ask yourself this simple question...if it were as simple as moving out, wouldn't they do that already?
Wouldn't they? They are not as stupid as you think. Ofcourse, some of them are fortunate and move into better areas. But can they all do that? Some areas are also a dreaded area to a black family. The instant they move to certain areas, good areas, the areas become bad...for them.

Implied, don't you think it's funny...you posted a video that would clearly explain everything...but that explanation flew way over their heads. They missed it entirely...and were talking about attacks and violence. LOL, it is funny! I think good rappers/poets only reach those with atleast a normal level of sense.

It's also funny how a white guy dressed as a gangsta and a black guy dressed as a gangsta are seen differently, especially in the eyes of the police. But ofcourse, if you really want to be less bothered by the cops, you'd not dress as a gangsta. That's simple...I can agree with that. But "moving out" isn't as simple as you make it sound.

And shots, please believe that most mains stream rappers are nowhere near as good as underground rappers, when it comes to being a lyricist.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by asala]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Please note 1b) of the T&C concerning profanity, whether your words or quoting someone. It's not permitted and with the censor circumvention of the post above here, that just won't do. Would you edit out the offending words please?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
is that what he visions for people of his origin to look towards. Does he not see the peacfull society around him and think "i want that."

Do you look around you and see a peaceful society, or one that consumes the poor so that the rich can be richer. And the only way out of being poor is to cannibalize those around you? I see the latter.

and doesn't him saying this contradict other rappers message of "stay in school." why should they, books there are old and the teachers dont care. Why dont rappers speak out about the lack of push for education in there neighborhoods. "stay in school" when the school is designed to make you fail? sounds like bad advice.

I haven't heard the "stay in school" thing in a while, but I have heard the "educate yourself" thing many times. The two are not always the same thing.

If you are a black man in a discriminated neighborhood, move out, tell your freinds and family to leave, go somewhere safe,

The ghetto is the ghetto because it's so inexpensive to live there. Saying "If you don't like it , leave" just shows how much you don't understand it in it's nature. If you've never been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghetto, because you wouldn't understand the ghetto.

but dont bring your battle to my doorstep with mind polluted wanna bees that think leaving me in a pool of blood is going to make them more respectfull amoung their hommies.

I'll ask you again Tom, where are you getting your info? TV? Have you ever lived in the ghetto?

Young people in Surry BC .....

Oh, you're from Canada, well I guess that explains it a little. There's a large cultural difference here that you don't seem to understand, no matter how many pages have been written about it.

the "baller" image has been so inflated that the cops dont know who to chase any more. smart gangsters dont dress like one, they are getting away with crimes while the ones that dress like the gangsters in the videos are getting pulled over and detained for suspition all the time. can you blame them?

Yep. It's bad police work to detain someone based on what they look like, or how they dress.

All off topic though. The topic is that Cam'ron doesn't trust the police, and neither do I.

[Chairman Omali Ye#ela]
You have the emergence in human society
of this thing that's called the State
What is the State? The State is this organized bureaucracy
It is the po-lice department. It is the Army, the Navy
It is the prison system, the courts, and what have you
This is the State -- it is a repressive organization
But the state -- and gee, well, you know,
you've got to have the police, cause..
if there were no police, look at what you'd be doing to yourselves!
You'd be killing each other if there were no police!
But the reality is..
the police become necessary in human society
only at that junction in human society
where it is split between those who have and those who ain't got

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
sdrawkcab you missed a couple of other words. while censoring.

Edit those too. Thanks

[edit on 5/11/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Am...I dont think I missed anything.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join