It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
Am...I dont think I missed anything.

The paragraph above contains two starting with s they also are not allowd from my understanding. I have seen several flagged in the past

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oh, the 2 s-words. I left those cause they fit perfect with what Em was saying.

It has it's purpose there. Also, how does one add their date of birth to their profile...I can't seem to find anything that even hints I can do that. It's off topic, but can someone assist me?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot how much shots loves enforcing the rules, even when it's not his job. That and censoring. And your post makes him oh so happy to combine the two.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh, the 2 s-words. I left those cause they fit perfect with what Em was saying.

It is not about fitting or not it is circumventing the censors. And as intrepid so kindly pointed out circumvention of the censors is not allowed.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Shots, how about we stick with discussing the topic at hand, and let the mods deal with mod stuff, okay?

As for the topic at hand, I understand that you don't understand why Cam'ron doesn't trust the police, is that correct?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oops

[edit on 11-5-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In that case, leave it alone until a mod makes mention. It will probably be via u2u or something. Until then, can we discuss the topic? I'm getting bored of the nit-picking.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Rasobasi420

If your so proud of your "getto" and want to sing about it, do it, kill yourself, your cousin, i dont care. but at least know this, you are not carring guns and shooting people for your protection, so dont keep preeching that you need to be violent to survive and i wouldn't understand. i understand that a lot of your reasoning was ripped right out of songs without quotations. you are brainwashed into beleiving thats the way life is. We have our cheap neighborhoods here to, infact to own a home in the city i live in you need to make $120,000 a year, i make half that, i rent for as cheap as i can and i survive. and there is a motto that goes with my job. "you go where the work is" people have been following good employment for generations. but for some people it is hard for them to see world out there where everyone doesn't talk and act like them. i understand that

so for you i would say " dont come to the real world, you would never understand the real world"

yes im from canada, and i sincerely invite you to join me (if you can handle the real world) If you are black, nobody gives a dam, just dont act like a gangster or try to stand out, or you will be targeted. just like the indo's and the asians, if you are young and act too loosly you will be targeted by police.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
^...See, this is where problems start.
1: You're being disrespectful (Raso hasn't disrespected you so far, that I can tell)

2: You cannot read. Raso, or anyone here never mentioned anything about promoting violence. You make it sound as if Raso loves the ghetto. He didn't even state that he lives in the ghetto...but its clear he knows about what he's speaking.

You are assuming wayyy too much and jumping to rather insulting conclusions. Did anyone mention anything about carrying guns? I don't think Raso said he's a gun toter? Where do some of you get your ideas?! He never said this is how life is...he said this is how life is in the ghetto(which you have no familiarity with)...so you would not understand. He never said to take advantage or cannibalize of all life to become successfull...he said it's sometimes necessary in the ghetto.

Now, if I were to say go back to school, learn to read and communicate...people are going to say I'm insulting members...and that I should be banned(They've done it before). Lol. Call the mods because I said that.

I'm not going to sit here and watch you twist whatever you feel like twisting to make rediculous points...that do not even make much sense.

No one stated that living in the ghetto is as real as it gets. Believe me, growing up in the ghetto and coming into a political corporate world is easy, compared to growing up in a corporate world and then coming into the ghetto. Common sense determines a lot in this case.
If you can survive the harshest ghettos and succeed, and come out of their alive and with success in your palms...the "real world", as you put it, is cake!

One thing I can interpret though...was when Raso said you wouldn't understand the ghetto...I think there was more to it than that. Let me break it down...you won't survive the ghetto.

And you read all of what Raso said and still missed the most important point. So, I'll put that point out there for you. If you have no idea what the ghetto is like, do not say anything about it. you cannot speak badly, or positively about it, because you know nothing of it. If you did, you would know why some people make the decisions they make...such as not helping the police.

Good luck with understanding any of what I wrote...'cause I'm sure you're going to miss my point as well.

Raso can speak for himself, and I'm sure he will do so, but I have a serious problem with people talking absolute rubbish and advoiding main points entirely, to debate on what they think is best for everyone else...because the life they live, is lived by everyone else too.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
As for the topic at hand, I understand that you don't understand why Cam'ron doesn't trust the police, is that correct?

I think his message is quite clear he hates cops or perhaps dislikes would be a better word, therefore alleges he would not turn anyone in, yet I would assume that he is lying because any fool knows if someone took a pot shot at him or his family and if he knew who they were more then likely he would dial 911 or heaven forbid one of his bodyguards would shoot back.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
^ This is probably the 1st thing that I can agree with you on. It is a decent point.

People such as Cam'ron have a track record for "dealing with it themselves" though, when it comes to such matters. They have the connections and mind to do so.

If someone were after me, and I knew I could not handle the situation without the help of the law, I would turn to the law and hope I get help. I know a few good officers who are willing to help me...and those are the selected few I mentioned earlier that I would actually help.

But most of the cops I know...are bad for your health and I won't lift a hand to help them if I had a choice in the matter.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
sdrawkcab

see you are doing exactly what Rasobasi is doing.

you are separating YOURSELF by giving this "getto" so much credit.

why would i no understand the getto?

what is so special about the getto?

i think you asume that i dont know what it is like to live in poor neighborhoods. ever hear of trailerparks? ive spent time in many of them, visiting only, but never left without making some new freinds.

being poor is no excuse for anything. infact as i remember it, the poorer you were the more fun you had. I didn't once think while growing up that i was poor, and i spent 3 yrs crapping into a hole the ground. Not till i moved to the city did i realise that i didnt have anything. but did that make me angry?

If you guys think you are so good at surviving. try the bush out, see how you do.

in other words, your bellyaching about "there is no other way" is falling on deaf ears. As well why don't you translate those poems into letters and send them to your local representative. try blending in, if you want to act like yourself, go survive by yourself.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by tom goose]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I would turn to the law and hope I get help. I know a few good officers who are willing to help me...and those are the selected few I mentioned earlier that I would actually help.

But I thought earlier in the thread you stated you never would call the police.

Or was that Ras who stated that? I know several of the hit and run posters siad it for sure.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Again...you missed the point. I never said there is no way else. I am not boasting about it. Nor giving it credit...I am simply stating that it is a different form of survival...or atleast surviving long enough 'til you get out.

I've had days go buy when I would hardly eat a thing, because we didn't have much to eat. My mom and dad were split up...my dad was dirt poor...believe me when I say...dirt poor. There were times when he slept on the streets because he had no where to go. I did not know of this, until I grew a little older...but I do know how it was when my brother and I stayed at his apartment when he could afford one. Sometimes there would be no stove...no furniture...and I know very well about using newspaper to tidy up...after you...anyways...you get the point.

At that age, I was never really unhappy(except about not eating..that would piss anyone off). I didn't like it, but I didnt bash it either. My pops is a strong and wise man and I learnt alot from him. Not from what he said at times, but from watching the mistakes he has made and teaching myself how to live.

I wouldn't recommend that type of living for anyone, but It has made me who I am. Me coming from that is enough to inspire me to become better.

I remember a time though...where my father wanted to see us(mom got custody) and my mom threatened to take our lives if we were so precious to him. He told the police(race was a very big issue back then...and him being of African decent in a country dictated by race wasn't helping...the indian people were very...rude at times)...the police arrested him because they thought he commited a murder is trying to pin it on my mom. There is more to it than that, but I won't delve into it. If my mom was actually serious, I wonder where me and my brother would be?

Funny thing is...the indian policeman that accused and arrested(No reason was there to arrest him though) got into trouble in the law for violently beating a black man a few years later...LOL...see how that works?

I am not proud of the ghetto. I do not promote it, or the behaviour of some of the people who live in the ghetto. All I am saying, like Raso, is at least try to understand why some of these people live the way they do. Do not be naive man...fantasies are for books...we're not reading here...we're living.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I stated that I would help a few shots. Go back and read some of my posts. But only a very selected few.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I stated that I would help a few shots. Go back and read some of my posts. But only a very selected few.

Source
I found the post in question and you said if it was not your immediate family you would not say squat. In other words you would not call the police which is what I thought, but yes you did qualigy it or I should say limit it only to a few, but why not others don't you worry about your fellow man???? I know I do. If it were you or anyone I did not know I do not care who it was if I knew who did the shooting I would be first in line to get the sucker, but then I believe in law and order

[edit on 5/11/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There are many siutations I wouldn't help the cops in, because frankly, I don't fully trust them or the law. Ive seen and had experiences that really did not give me much faith in the law.

However, if my neighbor has a pile of bodies 5 feet high in his backyard piling up due to a backlog, you can bet Im gonna call the cops.

The same would be true if I knew for a fact that someone was molesting kids, or I had some very solid evidence that said person was molesting kids, or raping people, or abusing animals or doing sick things with them.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
sdrawkcab

see you are doing exactly what Rasobasi is doing.

you are separating YOURSELF by giving this "getto" so much credit.

why would i no understand the getto?

what is so special about the getto?

Calm down buddy, it was a lyric from a Naughty by Nature song called Ghetto Bastard. I just wanted to see who would catch it...
Obviously no one.

As for the rest of that stuff...

Crapping in a hole is sad and depressing, sure, but you didn't have to worry about being assaulted on the way home from school, or going to the corner store.

Drugs weren't prevelant in the woods I'm betting, so you didn't have to worry about being robbed so a crackhead can sell your watch for $2.

Now, maybe people could avoid this by going to live in the next cheapest areas of the country, the woods, and hunt squirrel for dinner, and crap in a hole, but that's not always an option.

Not only that, but I know how common forest is in Canada, but it's not always easy to get there from West Philly, or the Bronx.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Tom Goose-Last i checked there is a difference between trailer parks and the ghetto. The main issue hear is being black..You can be poor and white but once you clean up and put on a 3 piece suit YOU can blend in. But if there is a black guy with dreads from the ghetto who cleans up puts on a three piece suit HE CANT blend in. Cops will automatically think he is no good. (not to mention employers etc.)
Your logic sound like borderline racist rhetoric to me. Talking about how we all need to blend in. WHY SHOULD I? why cant i be allowed to be myself and succeed without having to try 10x as hard or being given that shocked look when I tell a white person..yes I go to college/have a job/ and I am from such and such area? You need to be more accepting of others that are different. Im sure when you were in the trailer park if someone shouted to you "just blend in and your problems will be solved" you would think there was more to the situation also. Unlike the goth and other people we cant wash our skin away. This is a CULTURE. Like i asked before do you tell people of minority, races, religions,cultures to blend in or is it just us black ghetto people who expose the truth that piss you off . Have you ever walked up to a man who says something in Hebrew and said "BLEND IN" I'm guesing not.
We are a diverse nation. Instead of telling us to blend in why dont you just become more accepting. Not all people that distrust the police are the same. Not all people in the ghetto are same. Why should we try to be?

Implied, don't you think it's funny...you posted a video that would clearly explain everything...but that explanation flew way over their heads. They missed it entirely...and were talking about attacks and violence. LOL, it is funny! I think good rappers/poets only reach those with atleast a normal level of sense.

Not so much funny as it is sad. It shouldnt be that hard to interpret poetry...But obviously they are letting there biases get in the way of truly understanding.
These people keep making the topic about how much rap and people in the ghetto are bad that they are diverting everyone's attention from the main topic Police brutality. It is because of them not rappers that I have to debate whether to pick up the phone and dial 911. I should not have to go through that. But hey I'm a young, broke black female...I'm used to it.

Getting out of the ghetto is not as easy as it seems. When I was younger my mama and i moved to this apartment (of course stereotypically my dad wasnt around:@@
..The people next door were drug dealers. My mom was fresh out the army and was working 2 jobs and still could not afford to move us somewhere that was a)affordable and b)close enough so that she could still go to work. It wasnt until years later when she was lucky enough to be able to borrow money were we able to move..(not so much a better neighborhood but the dopeman was right next door anymore) Not everyone can afford to or have people that they are able to borrow money from. If you live in a bad neighborhood chances are you have to move miles and miles away in order to escape..away from the support of your family and away from your job. So if you cant afford a car it could take you a few hours to get work..well now that you have moved away from family you no longer have free babysitters so that means you have to start paying hundreds of extra dollars a week for child care...then you paying more for your new place..and on top of that you are paying more for either a longer bus ride or gas money. At the end of the day it is just not financially feasible to move away from the ghetto all of the time. When your struggling to make ends meet as it is.

Also cam'ron and the dipset still live in LES harlem (lower east side)..so yes they are still in the hood..and if something happened most likely they things would pop off in the street..no police needed. But cops follow rappers anyways with their undercover units so..they would be there

[edit on 5/11/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
Tom Goose-Last i checked there is a difference between trailer parks and the ghetto.

What on earth are you talking about?? We have trailer parks in ghettos and I know they are in other areas I have seen them on TV.

But cops follow rappers anyways with their undercover units so..they would be there

And you know this how????? I would like to see some prrof of what you claim or is that just your opinion???

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join