It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
SNITCHING is when a person gives up their friends to keep out of trouble when they are just as guilty as the people they are ratting on. This happens when a bust occurs and the pig's convince a citizen to turn on their comrades to save their own ass. A SNITCH is the lowest, most vile form of filth that ever walked, right after cop's.

INFORMING is when a person is either paid to act as a pig employee and set up civilians for busts. He originally does not know the people he sets up. He gets paid ( or a reduced sentence ) for his efforts. Although as dirty and scummy as a SNITCH, an INFORMER at least does not betray his friends, but strangers.

ADVISING is an activity that is legitimate: Reporting a crime that affects us all: Murder, rape, robbery, theft, arson, etc. that occurs between strangers. The person reporting does not know the criminals, and has no interest in doing anything but advising the cop's so they can do their jobs and remove societal menaces , at least temporarily. Normal citizens do this all the time, and normally it is a legitimate means of protecting one's home and life and that of their neighbors.

Thwe first two categories are a result of a degraded and corrupt criminal justice system, where people are played off against one another to serve the SYSTEM's goals ( more arrests and convictions for publicity and money ) and the last category is a result of the citizens desire to live in a peaceful and lawful manner and to keep personal and property crimes from adversely affecting themselves and their communities.

I would NEVER , ever SNITCH..or INFORM, under any circumstances. If I choose to break the law I expect to pay the price if caught, and no one else should suffer for my stupidity or bad luck. If you cannot do the time..don't do the crime!! But I WILL call and report a break in if I see someone enter my neighbors home suspiciously, or if I see a situation where a person is at risk of injury or death from someone else.

One is being a responsible citizen; the other is a selfish desire to allay one's own problems by laying them off on another. The difference is clear, and NO responsible citizen would allow a major crime that affects people to go unreported because they hate cop's NO ONE hate's cop's more than me..no way. BUT, they DO have some few uses, and one of them is to protect us from thug's who would do us harm. Cop's should NEVER be used as a means of revenge, payback or to settle a score. ONLY to protect the innocent.

I challenge the cop's every day: I wear T' Shirts all the time that insult and challenge them: Here are a few examples:

" I DARE YOU PIG'S TO SEARCH ME WITHOUT A WARRANT ! " ..and : " NEVER GIVE CONSENT FOR A SEARCH - JUST SAY 'NO' TO THE COP'S !!" and many more. My new license plate is on the way now that says: " LUV2TOKE " !! I wonder if I will get the chance to shame and badger a few cop's with that one!!

BUT, the main point is that a person CAN support the LEGITIMATE job's of the cop's without becoming a scummy, devious, lying filthy snitch or informer. They deserve what they get when street justice catches up with them..never give up, and never give in!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101

It's apparently causing some real problems in many ethnic communities. Many of the young men between 15-35 have become part of these snitching programs for the cops. Instead of putting them back out into society to do good, the cops allow them to sell drugs and do other crimes because they are on the police pay roll. Well in some communities these are causing criminals to take over and to run and control things.

It's also causing social problems, because they know that at every single gathering there will be one or two snitches, and they will be looking to turn others in for the smallest things, so that they too can become snitches. These snitches programs are hugh now all over the place.

Apparently the so called war on drugs, was more about a war on minorities than anything else, according to some of these articles, which later go on to point out that the last 10 years have been spent gathering a snitch force, starting with the minority community.

erm sorry what, "war on minorities"- never in all my puff what pc waffling. The majority of these crimes committed by young black makes would be within their own neighborhoods with mainly black people on the receiving end- yet, when the authorities do something it is a silly wee "racism" card pulled out, you couldn't make that up

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This rapper ought to have someone in his own family kidnaped or killed !
Ill bet his whole way of thinking would change.?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
First let's just be clear on this, there is no actual serial killer. He was just giving an example.

Second though I do not agree with Cameroon, and I do think he is personally just being silly, there is good reason for the stop snitching message.

I did a lot of reading about this over the last seveal months and there are two sides to ever story.

You can read some of these articles if you like.

www.slate.com...

www.law.uc.edu...

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/01/28/BAGHUGV3AE1.DTL

www.hiphopmusic.com...

www.usatoday.com...

It's apparently causing some real problems in many ethnic communities. Many of the young men between 15-35 have become part of these snitching programs for the cops. Instead of putting them back out into society to do good, the cops allow them to sell drugs and do other crimes because they are on the police pay roll. Well in some communities these are causing criminals to take over and to run and control things.

It's also causing social problems, because they know that at every single gathering there will be one or two snitches, and they will be looking to turn others in for the smallest things, so that they too can become snitches. These snitches programs are hugh now all over the place.

Apparently the so called war on drugs, was more about a war on minorities than anything else, according to some of these articles, which later go on to point out that the last 10 years have been spent gathering a snitch force, starting with the minority community.

The stop snitching message was a way to fight and combat this and to try to reclaim some of these criminal elements that are protected by these snitching programs. However now it has everyone not corportating with police. This two needs a balance somewhere.

Sounds Like an episode of "The Shield"

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
First of all. There are two types of people in this world:
Good people and Bad people.

Same goes for Rappers and Cops.

Obviously this is one of the latter types of Rappers....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
uhmm..
The stop snitchin movement seems to be completely right to me.
when our country was founded on "vigilante justice" the community would
handle the offender however they seemed necessary. Not some people
appointed by the government to uphold the law. if i catch someone in my
house im going to take matters into my own hands, not restrain him until
the police get here so i can spend my tax dollars paying for him in jail.
thats dumb. i might as well let him take what he wants it might be cheaper
in the end. i know some very dangerous people, not becuase thier well
respected or feared. simple becuase of the fact that thier dumb. and dumb
people tend to group together, so if i tell on one of them, whos to stop his
friend from coming after me. im sure the police dont want to babysit me
so no one comes. so i'd rather not help the police. i dont want my friends/family in jaareil, i dont c what the reason, i still love them. so i dont want to put anyone elses family in jail. if they commit a crime against me. ill take care of it myself. i wont call the police. what will they do?.. hopefully run into him..and if not that file a report?.. real helpful. ive committed various
crimes myself and havent gotten caught. and sometimes i was caught.
but in the end nothing too bad happened. thank god i didnt get cuaght
for the big stuff.. and the stuff i was cited for. was well worth the ticket/time.
bottom line. i will take care of myself, my friends and family. not a man in
a uniform. i dont know if i can trust them. but i know i can trust myself to do
what i deem as right. i know many "crooked" officers. and ive been a victim
before, just cus of my past offenses. i wasnt helped. at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

Yeah, by the way, who is Cam'ron?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

Originally posted by DeepSixIt
Cost of being a rapper & getting free publicity? by saying you wouldn't help the cops catch a serial killer, because record sales will drop? - $00.00

The irony, of record sales dropping because you were actually killed by a serial killer? - $Priceless

idiot.

UM...im gonna guess that if/when cam gets shot and killed he sales will go up. That usually happens so....2nd serial killers do not g after rappers (im just speaking the truth) I knw yu were trying make a joke to go along with the pricless thing but....i didnt really like it . Just Being Honest

Still Priceless, due to irony...look at Tupac/Makaveli..who may or may not be deceased..sales went up...now supposing rapper A shoots and kills two another rappers B and C and wounds rapper D who later dies (shootings are on different days)...is this a rap war scenario?, or is rapper A a serial killer?....which sells newspapers? ...both just more irony...at the end of the day...it's just how business works and when it's business the truth is an inconvienience. Rap war shooting or a serial killer.....matters not, as long as there's results by way of residual sales....Just Being Brutally Honest

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I guess its just not GanGster yO! enough to asist the Police. Wait for someone to scratch his Caddy or steal his bling and see who he calls.

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join