It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

www.drudgereport.com

Rap star Cam'ron says there's no situation -- including a serial killer living next door -- that would cause him to help police in any way, because to do so would hurt his music sales and violate his "code of ethics." Cam'ron, whose real name is Cameron Giles, talks to Anderson Cooper for a report on how the hip-hop culture's message to shun the police has undermined efforts to solve murders across the country. Cooper's report will be broadcast on 60 MINUTES Sunday, April 22 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I cannot believe I this. Haven't rappers got any morals?

I wonder if he has ever heard of obsturction of justice?

www.drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I can guarantee you he would change his mind if someone from his own family were killed by a serial killer.

Though, this is the land of the free, and he has every right to say what he wants. It's just when it does happen, and he doesn't participate, that it then becomes a problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I wonder if anyone has ever heard of Cam'ron.
I guess we have now.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

because to do so would hurt his music sales and violate his "code of ethics."

So this (holding back) guys album sales (where the albums are filled with violence and racism) are more important than the lives of innocent people ?

This guy and the rest of them need to rethink their "code of ethics".

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Haven't rappers got any morals?

Well .. this one certainly has questonable morals.
The rest? They'll have to speak for themselves.

Originally posted by Umbrax
I wonder if anyone has ever heard of Cam'ron. I guess we have now.

And perhaps that's what he wanted with this announcement that he'd never side with law enforcement. Get his name out there ... make sure that the youth think he's a bad-boy so that they will buy his 'music'.

And some wonder why there is a 'social crisis' with black men.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I guess we have now.

I would presume many have heard about him.

The article did say he was a PLATINUM SELLING RAPPER

Now just how many of those platinum records he has I do not know.

What interested me more in the story was his greed and love of money over that of his fellow neighbors and mankind around him.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by shots]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Cammron is a soul less idiot. I've heard some of his music and he isn't that good. No creativity what's so ever. He just follows what's hott

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I guess we have now.

i have

and i can say for sure that this is nothing more than a stunt to get himself on television

for some reason, rappers are against the police

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, that's better than me. I wouldn't help cops catch the cold.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
First let's just be clear on this, there is no actual serial killer. He was just giving an example.

Second though I do not agree with Cameroon, and I do think he is personally just being silly, there is good reason for the stop snitching message.

I did a lot of reading about this over the last seveal months and there are two sides to ever story.

You can read some of these articles if you like.

www.slate.com...

www.law.uc.edu...

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/01/28/BAGHUGV3AE1.DTL

www.hiphopmusic.com...

www.usatoday.com...

It's apparently causing some real problems in many ethnic communities. Many of the young men between 15-35 have become part of these snitching programs for the cops. Instead of putting them back out into society to do good, the cops allow them to sell drugs and do other crimes because they are on the police pay roll. Well in some communities these are causing criminals to take over and to run and control things.

It's also causing social problems, because they know that at every single gathering there will be one or two snitches, and they will be looking to turn others in for the smallest things, so that they too can become snitches. These snitches programs are hugh now all over the place.

Apparently the so called war on drugs, was more about a war on minorities than anything else, according to some of these articles, which later go on to point out that the last 10 years have been spent gathering a snitch force, starting with the minority community.

The stop snitching message was a way to fight and combat this and to try to reclaim some of these criminal elements that are protected by these snitching programs. However now it has everyone not corportating with police. This two needs a balance somewhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I cannot believe I this. Haven't rappers got any morals?

Please don't use one man to quantify all rappers. It's like saying "Haven't asian people got any morals" in response to the VT thing.

I don't think it would be obstruction if he just kept his mouth shut. If they asked him, and he lied, that's one thing. Or hid the guy in his basement. But going out of ones way is not required unless ordered by a judge. I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by enjoies05

So this (holding back) guys album sales (where the albums are filled with violence and racism) are more important than the lives of innocent people ?

This guy and the rest of them need to rethink their "code of ethics".

1. Have you ever heard a Cam'ron album? What is racist about them specifically?

2. Again, please don't quantify in this way. Who is "them"?

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, that's better than me. I wouldn't help cops catch the cold.

HA! I would!!

Maybe herpes or something like that.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Publicity stunt.
Period.

Would we be sitting here and talking about it otherwise?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
first of i wanna say (...) the police secondly cam`ron sucks his beefin with 50cent whole allso sucks

````````````````````````

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Please don't use one man to quantify all rappers. It's like saying "Haven't asian people got any morals" in response to the VT thing.

Excuse me since when are all rapper white? Also did I mention any race? No I did not you assumed I meant it as a dig towards one culture when I did not,

White Rappers homepage

I don't think it would be obstruction if he just kept his mouth shut.

Knowingly withholding information from the police about a crime, is obstruction of justice.

Pulls out handy dandy American heritage dictionary just for you

obstruction of justice
n.
The criminal offense, under common law and according to the statutes of many jurisdictions, of obstructing the administration and due process of law.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by shots]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
1. Have you ever heard a album? What is racist about them specifically?

2. Again, please don't quantify in this way. Who is "them"?

1. No, but I did just look at his lyrics. Read them and then tell me how they aren't racist. They are disgusting.

2. Rappers. That is who "them" is.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Like MC Paul Barman?

I don't think you know enough about rap to make such a comment enjoies. It actually shows a lot of ignorance, and it's almost insulting.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

1. No, but I did just look at his lyrics. Read them and then tell me how they aren't racist. They are disgusting.

Please lets leave Race out of the issue it was not meant to be about race.
It was intended to point out low morals of rap artists in general .

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Shots,

My comment may have used race as an example, but it was meant as a larger point. Let me clarify:

It would be like saying " Haven't students got any morals?" after the VT incident

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Shots, for every rapper you point out with a negative message, I can point out two with a positive message.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join