It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
www.pbs.org...

I found this that talks about the direct link between african jews and israeli jews.

Very interesting, McGotti.

I'll leave the debate now to the rest of you. The bible clearly states Jesus' complete bloodline. (I gave references.) That's good enuff for me. To me, it doesn't really matter what color his skin was. He could appear to humans as being purple if he so wished.

Best regards.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is the problem Ihave with that argument---about color doesn't matter. The message is what counts. If it doesn't matter, why not show him as he actually was?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The bottom line of Jesus' message is that it doesn't matter what color, race, sex or whatever you are. We are all equal at the foot of the cross.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am interested in this subject simply because of who and how christianity was spread.It was spread by force by the europeans through out the world...The vatican changes and interpets the bible as they wish and could have easily changed the truth for their gain.How could they control white europe by telling them to worship a black man?? That may not work out to well ..or at least not as well as it has worked.I would be willing ti bet that if jesus was black and it was openly excepted I believe that christianity would have not become such a super power through out history as it has.

honestly,Do you think that if jesus was excepted as black that christianity would have been as successful as it has been through out the western world??

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The bottom line of Jesus' message is that it doesn't matter what color, race, sex or whatever you are. We are all equal at the foot of the cross.

You didn't answer the question.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am interested in this subject simply because of who and how christianity was spread.It was spread by force by the europeans through out the world...The vatican changes and interpets the bible as they wish and could have easily changed the truth for the gain.How could they control white europe by telling them to worship a black man?? That may not work out to well ..or at least not as well as it has worked.I would be willing ti bet that if jesus was black and it was openly excepted I believe that christianity would have not become such a super power through out history as it has.

Do you think that if jesus was excepted as black that christianity would have been as successful as it has been through out the western world??

So, the euros hijacked the message. Well, if they created the lying pic of Jesus, what else have they lied about?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
This is the problem Ihave with that argument---about color doesn't matter. The message is what counts. If it doesn't matter, why not show him as he actually was?

Colonel, it obviously matters to some people. I think ECK is expressing that he is not one of those people.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I understand. But, now it is such that everyone believes that Jesus was white--a lie, his followers were white--a lie, and that blacks really have no place in the Bible. When in fact, the central figure is a black man and this is what grieves me the most.

Now, they have this new violent film spreading this propoganda worldwide and people will revere...the lie.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I am interested in this subject simply because of who and how christianity was spread.It was spread by force by the europeans through out the world...The vatican changes and interpets the bible as they wish and could have easily changed the truth for the gain.How could they control white europe by telling them to worship a black man?? That may not work out to well ..or at least not as well as it has worked.I would be willing ti bet that if jesus was black and it was openly excepted I believe that christianity would have not become such a super power through out history as it has.

Do you think that if jesus was excepted as black that christianity would have been as successful as it has been through out the western world??

So, the euros hijacked the message. Well, if they created the lying pic of Jesus, what else have they lied about?

Thats exactly why I am unable to accept christianity as my religion..I simply dont trust the teachers and leaders of it...past and present.Which is why I find and interest into this as I am sure propaganda and hate have had a heavy influence into the christian religion.Just as it has shaped american politics...It seems to me that religions have been changed in order to promote and help the leaders of the religion gain power and wealth...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thats exactly why I am unable to accept christianity as my religion..I simply dont trust the teachers and leaders of it...past and present.Which is why I find and interest into this as I am sure propaganda and hate have had a heavy influence into the christian religion.Just as it has shaped american politics...It seems to me that religions have been changed in order to promote and help the leaders of the religion gain power and wealth...

I understand exactly where you're coming from.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Colonel, I completely feel you.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

Colonel, it obviously matters to some people. I think ECK is expressing that he is not one of those people.

You gottit, Bangin.

Because of my faith, color is merely a description to me. What matters is what's in a person's heart. Arguing over what color Jesus is actually is a distraction.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
Colonel, I completely feel you.

Thank you. I am touched by your empathy.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I understand. But, now it is such that everyone believes that Jesus was white--a lie, his followers were white--a lie, and that blacks really have no place in the Bible. When in fact, the central figure is a black man and this is what grieves me the most.

Now, they have this new violent film spreading this propoganda worldwide and people will revere...the lie.

As I've said, I don't believe Jesus was black or white b/c of his lineage. There are black characters in the bible, Col. Check out the New Testament book Philemon.

The Old Testament mainly dealt with the Jewish nation (the Law).

The New Testament deals with everyone - after the New Covenant (Doctrine of Grace).

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Arguing over what color Jesus is actually is a distraction.

I would have to disagree with the statement that debating his color is a distraction to your faith..if your faith is swayed or "threatend" by simple disscussion of the TRUTH about jesus,then maybe your faith is not as strong as you believe.

Debating his color is trying to explore the idea of how jesus could have been easily changed and distorted away from the original teachings of jesus.Personaly..if I found out that the teachings that I had been believing as fact..turned out to be distorted half truths told by mid-evil popes ect to help them consolidate their power through out the western world..then ya...I would be a little interested in finding the TRUTH...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here is a description of Jesus:

Revelation 1
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Kinda looks like the pic that DaTruth put up earlier, eh?

Now, this is why the race is important. First of all, the euros hijacked the religion. But, what is worse, they hijacked and lied on the Word and sent it all over the world with missionaries, saying "Look, this is the Christ, the Son of God, and he looks like me. As such, I am related to and like Christ...godly. I have a direct pipeline to God. Worship." And everyone worshipped...the lie.

They worshipped with pictures of a fake Jesus, idols of a fake Jesus, idols of a man who died on a cross but that never happened b/c that ain't the actual rendition of Jesus. People keep this stuff around today as if to ward of vampires and demons and its all a lie...

and people like Mel Gibson get richer and richer.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Arguing over what color Jesus is actually is a distraction.

I would have to disagree with the statement that debating his color is a distraction to your faith..if your faith is swayed or "threatend" by simple disscussion of the TRUTH about jesus,then maybe your faith is not as strong as you believe.

Debating his color is trying to explore the idea of how jesus could have been easily changed and distorted away from the original teachings of jesus.Personaly..if I found out that the teachings that I had been believing as fact..turned out to be distorted half truths told by mid-evil popes ect to help them consolidate their power through out the western world..then ya...I would be a little interested in finding the TRUTH...

I'm a Christian. For me it's simple. I believe the bible is the inspired word of God. I accept it as truth. That's a decision every individual has to make for him/herself. If you don't agree, that's fine. I'm not gonna criticize anyone for their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Here is a description of Jesus:

Revelation 1
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;[15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
/b] and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

That's in the Apocolyptic future. You're moving it WAY out of context.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I still dont understand how anyone can believe in a book writtin by king james..?

Can someone explain the history behind this "king james" fella?

To me if it was writtin by a king..it may aswell say "the george bush bible" because I would never trust a king to rewrite the major books used to helpp myself understand god.

Who is this king james guy and does the fact that HIS name is on a bible bother you??

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So. Jesus ain't changing. He is constant. This ain't some fantasy where he turns different colors.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join