It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There is no disputing that blacks had been prominent in Egypt and a pharoah or two may have been black and wives of pharoahs were black for political reasons.

But let us get back to basics here, would the Romans have allowed Christ to roam around preaching and stirring up debate and be a black man too? I doubt it frankly. A jew would have been allowed to do this, for awhile, which is what happened so they say, but I cannot see a compelling reason to believe that Christ was black.

So your going to ignore the fact that DNA test shows that the Black Jews have a higher concentration of the Y gene. You going ignore the fact that the Middle East is basically an extension of Africa???

If Moors (i.e BLACK PEOPLE) could conquer Spain, Italy and most of the Mediterranean for 800 Years mix with the people and create the black and brown haired "olive skinned" people we see today then they could of did it during and before Jesus time.

Deny ignorance

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Egypt had black slaves, some black citizens and it had Nubia as a colony for sometime. Also there was a long period of trade and dealing with Nubia amongst other black empires in Africa. That is nothing new.

But the images you present do not indicate that Egyptians were black.

Read a book then I'm threw with you. Believe what you want to beleive. Nubia existed before Egypt existed.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

There is no disputing that blacks had been prominent in Egypt and a pharoah or two may have been black and wives of pharoahs were black for political reasons.

But let us get back to basics here, would the Romans have allowed Christ to roam around preaching and stirring up debate and be a black man too? I doubt it frankly. A jew would have been allowed to do this, for awhile, which is what happened so they say, but I cannot see a compelling reason to believe that Christ was black.

So your going to ignore the fact that DNA test shows that the Black Jews have a higher concentration of the Y gene. You going ignore the fact that the Middle East is basically an extension of Africa???

If Moors (i.e BLACK PEOPLE) could conquer Spain, Italy and most of the Mediterranean for 800 Years mix with the people and create the black and brown haired "olive skinned" people we see today then they could of did it during and before Jesus time.

Deny ignorance

Sorry but the middle east appear more an extension of the red skinned people eg. India?

Also annother myth, I'm not aware that Moors were black?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Egypt had black slaves, some black citizens and it had Nubia as a colony for sometime. Also there was a long period of trade and dealing with Nubia amongst other black empires in Africa. That is nothing new.

But the images you present do not indicate that Egyptians were black.

Read a book then I'm threw with you. Believe what you want to beleive. Nubia existed before Egypt existed.

Frankly I don't care if Nubia is older than Egypt. I believe and have strong reason to believe that Egypt that we know of today was settled by the remnants of Atlantis, one of few most advanced societies on the earth at that time. So far nobody has provided proof of the development of Nubia or other African empires although I have strong reason to believe that they were much more than people today commonly believe.

But how does this translate into there being a lot of black jews in the bible lands? Or Jesus being black and running around preaching a new faith among the Jews in lands controlled by Romans? Possible but not probable is all I can say.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

herso.hypermart.net...

ri.essortment.com...

www.cwo.com...

www.africawithin.com...

Yes they were they were of African dissent, it is not a myth.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nada,

good name John.

from your first link: these comments:

Who were they?
The Moors are not a specific race of people. The word has never been clearly defined and remains ambiguous and confusing. This term has been broadly used to denote various people in North Africa, people who came from Morocco or simply to describe Muslims in general. Christians in the 13th century also referred to the Moors as "Moriscos" and "Mudejares".

The word MOORS may have evolved from the Greek 'Mauros' which means 'dark'. The Greeks were in Spain around 500 BC, 300 years before the Romans. The Romans probably pinched it from the Greeks, complete with its original connotation of 'dark'. This might explain why the Latin 'Maurus' translates literally into 'Moors', with no further definition. Borrowing directly from the Greek meaning, this would have been good enough for the Romans to describe the 'dark' skinned people of North Africa. This is all conjecture of course, but its close enough for me.

Circa 46 B. C., the Roman army entered West Africa where they encountered black Africans whom they called �Maures� from the Greek adjective mauros, meaning dark or black.
Chandler, Wayne B. "The Moor: Light of Europe's Dark Age." Golden Age of the Moor. Edited by Ivan Van Sertima. New Brunswick: Transaction Press, 1992: 151-81.

The Webster's New World Dictionary identifies Moors as "a member of Moslem people of mixed Arab and Berber descent." This deletion of "black" or "Negro" from the term Moor is generally recent. Though the word "Moor" originally seems to have been meant to indicate Blacks, it in time came to be applied to Muslims in general, especially the Berbers.
Africans In Early Europe

In any case, the word was first applied officially to the indigenous people of a Roman province in North Africa called Mauretania (Latin = 'land of the Moors'). This roughly corresponds to present day North Morocco and Algeria. The name Morocco is another reminder of the region's "Moorish" past.

SSooo reading this, it is not clear to me if Moors were black and if so how much so since at best they are inferred as a mixed or non-white race.

Personally I have been in Morocco and seen a bit of the country and I can tell you that I did not see too many blacks there. Some people observed were of darker complexion than Arabs that I know but then again I would not be as white as a sheet if I live in the desert either.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sorry but the middle east appear more an extension of the red skinned people eg. India?

The height of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There was confusion in the later days, but the word Moors was applied to people of African dessent. I am not referring to what happened to these people down the blood line or other races that got confused with them.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

The height of ignorance.

Read the post above Colonel, I don't need your judgements of me, they do not add to the discussion here do they?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
There was confusion in the later days, but the word Moors was applied to people of African dessent. I am not referring to what happened to these people down the blood line or other races that got confused with them.

You didn't read what was quoted above either did you?

The greeks started the term Moors actually and they are well, really white, most of them that is, well not really on the islands. But they knew about Black Africans though.

My memory tells me that Arabs invaded North Africa and took it over and probably many blacks fled or were killed. The few that stayed were absorbed by the conquering Arabs. But then would the term Moors apply to only those mixed people or to all people from the North African region? I think it applies to all of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
NEO: You have been given historical references, Biblical scripture, and heiroglyphs that all point to the fact that Jesus was black. All you can say is, "No, I don't believe. No, I think. No, I won't accept.." All without any proof that lends ANY credibility to your affirmation.

So, what else can I say?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
And to your New World DIctionary quote on Moors, if you would read:

"This deletion of "black" or "Negro" from the term Moor is generally recent."

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Colonel,

now now, your interpretations are just that yours.

I have argued everything thrown at me using pure logic and no one has been able to tell me I am wrong.

Now it is down to opinions for you vs your interpretation of facts that are hand selected by you.

Logic is the best way to interpret this belief in light of lack of evidence. Despite your frustration I still have an open mind about the subject but the logic does not support your views.

Lastly if what you say were true then Blacks themselves would all believe that Christ was Black and claim him as their own, from the beginning but I do not see evidence of that either. This is a recent theory that has found favour in the black community. While I would not for a minute question the belief or loyalty of many Black Christians I still remain unconvinced that Christ was black.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Lastly if what you say were true then Blacks themselves would all believe that Christ was Black and claim him as their own, from the beginning but I do not see evidence of that either.

oh you really think that with the force behind the vatican that they cannot persuad[force] groups of people into believing what they want them to believe.

How can we be sure that the christian church has not forced people into believing that jesus was white.Just as the christians forced mayans and aztecs into stopping their own religions in favor of their own christian religion.How many people living in mexico today are christians?? I would say a extremley large majority of them are.But they did not have these beliefs a few hundred years ago before ships full of soldiers started to pour into the americas forcing their will upon these people.

That scesnario could very easily have been the case with white christians going through out africa and the middle east forcing them to abandon their original beliefs in favor of thier own interpitations of the bible.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
McGotti,

there is logic in your response thus difficult to disagree with,

but I am not talking about Blacks in the Western world but Blacks in Africa itself. There is no long tradition of blacks speaking about Christ in legend or in tradition such that I can believe that Christ is truly embedden in the African psyche. Surely word would have gotten out and been made part of culture and tradition and faith somewhere on the continent but where?

The best you can come up with is Black Jews, which is not the same thing is it?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In several posts beforehand, a member (forgot which--Datruth maybe or McGotti?) posted that there are black Jews today and did a DNA test. What are you telling me?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

How many people living in mexico today are christians?? I would say a extremley large majority of them are.But they did not have these beliefs a few hundred years ago before ships full of soldiers started to pour into the americas forcing their will upon these people.
[Edited on 22-2-2004 by McGotti]

true- you can thank catholicism for that. but after the whole missionary thing blew up in their faces, i cant think of many people who went back to their roots and started an aztec trend. most roman catholics in mexico believe more strongly than every roman catholic in america combined. its like bringing africans to america. sure, slavery blowed, but quit being pissed off about it, its over, and im sure youd rather be living here with running water than in a mud hut in the jungle. and chris rock said that, so the whole argument about that being racist can just stop before it begins
sorry if that was off topic, one comment leads to another and befor you know it ill be talking about how trainwrecks acros america can be blamed on plastic forks.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

In several posts beforehand, a member (forgot which--Datruth maybe or McGotti?) posted that there are black Jews today and did a DNA test. What are you telling me?

I'm telling you nothing Colonel, I believe agree and know this to be true.

Where is the evidence of Christ in Africa then? show me? and I don't mean in modern times either.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Colonel,

now now, your interpretations are just that yours.

I have argued everything thrown at me using pure logic and no one has been able to tell me I am wrong.

Now it is down to opinions for you vs your interpretation of facts that are hand selected by you.

Logic is the best way to interpret this belief in light of lack of evidence. Despite your frustration I still have an open mind about the subject but the logic does not support your views.

Lastly if what you say were true then Blacks themselves would all believe that Christ was Black and claim him as their own, from the beginning but I do not see evidence of that either. This is a recent theory that has found favour in the black community. While I would not for a minute question the belief or loyalty of many Black Christians I still remain unconvinced that Christ was black.

INTERPRETATIONS?!?!?!?! I read the Scripture and it says Jesus has hair as white as wool and feet of polished brass. It didn't say white, long, and silky like a hippie. It didn't say Feet like the color of cream. It said brass. How else am I supposed to see it?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm telling you nothing Colonel, I believe agree and know this to be true.

Where is the evidence of Christ in Africa then? show me? and I don't mean in modern times either.

Jesus Christ wasn't in Africa and I never said he was. But, he was from the tribe of Judah which is one of the 12 tribes of Israel who are black.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join