It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Translation...

HEAD EAST!

lol

Here's the extent of my translating abilities:

Whatever is happening on Rainier...is lot more than is happening on Baker

Baker

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, I think Im safe being in Kentucky, but I still hope the people around those areas have some kind of warning for this situation. I would hate to see a tsunami like disaster here.

Those lines are MUCH straighter.
I guess thats where we would rather be if we had to chose between the two

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Baker and Rainier?

The Entire Seattle metro lie between Mt Baker and Mt Rainier. Rainier marks the South End, Baker marks the north end. If both blew, the entire region would be totally wiped out. there would be no escape.

But so far, we have had no warnings or alerts, so more than likely, this acticity is nothing to be worried about.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, Mt. Hood is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL.

Check this out:

TD&H

And if that didn't scare you enough...check this out:

Flag Pt

And it's NOT MSH:

All webicorders

Val: Flag Pt looks broken, but TD&H looks almost like valid readings... not sure on that one (beyond my level of baseline reading skills)

Osiris

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't think it's broken. I don't KNOW that, but I don't think so. This is why...check out the 12 hours prior to the current:

Flag pt last 12 hours

And then 12 hours before that is where it all started:

Flag pt 24 hours

I would be inclined to believe you if it weren't for the fact something really weird was recorded on TD&H at about the exact same time Flag Pt went weird

TD&H 24 hours

piffle!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So is this leading towards a possible eruption of either of these two volcanoes? How big are they, could it really pose any threat to human life? Im aware that rainer's close to a city, but then Mout Etna is close to a sicily town too, yet when it erupts no big danger, magma only gets spewed a kilometer or so.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Val:

Look @ the Flag PT chart you linked at around what should be 14:20... see that green data.. that shouldn't be there, that should be a blue line.. in fact that green data is from .. 15:10 ish, when all those readings started.. see how they are all one sided.. those aren't caused by quakes, it's a tell tale sign something is broken...

You'll also note that same chart has an outtage at around 14:57 (note the break in the red line)..

TD&H looks 'normal' for itself.. is it possible that station is set to a very low (aka very highly sensitive) level?

TD&H seems to show similar a set of jumps around the same time that Flag PT went nuts. I'm tempted to think there may have been a storm in the area that the storm mucked up Flag Pt pretty bad, while just briefly interrupting TD&H...

Regards,

Osiris

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
sorry for being so long in replying. I think you're right, and now it looks like they completely took Flag Pt offline to fix it or something.

Can you give me an explanation for the periodic gaps in activity on TD&H?

Look at about 19:30 to 21:30...

www.pnsn.org...

Is this also a sign of technically problems, or is this a real ceasing of activity? there is a strange little signature right before it goes dead.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I checked the weather in the area yesterday - they were under a high wind advisory so maybe that effected it.

also have you checked out the maps section of the site you linked to -- it is interesting as you can see the recent activity on those maps and they also show the past 20 events.

jm

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

sorry for being so long in replying. I think you're right, and now it looks like they completely took Flag Pt offline to fix it or something.

Can you give me an explanation for the periodic gaps in activity on TD&H?

Look at about 19:30 to 21:30...

www.pnsn.org...

Is this also a sign of technically problems, or is this a real ceasing of activity? there is a strange little signature right before it goes dead.

As you pointed out there it a pretty harsh 'squigle' at around 19:25 and then that line goes well off chart high again (which is actually probably low, since the signal would normally have a baseline, so it makes sense that all 0's would be at one extreme).

Looks like it stay that way and constant long enough for the software to kick-in and clip the clearly erroneous signal. Which also makes sense because it came back online at a perfect 10min interval.

Osiris

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was checking the map pictures of the earthquake activity today and noticed it seems that that page is down. And looking at the regular pages it looks like MSH is just having some slight rumblings so far today.

jm

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
There's some type of long period movement going on under Mt. Hood. It's being recorded on both the TD&H and Flag Point webicorders.

TD&H

Flat Pt

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Valhall, Thanks for the update, it appears to be quiet on the other side of the world,, I guess its our time to shake..

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
www.iris.edu...

you can see today there has been a 6 on the atlantic ride
one in tonga
alaska
more near indonesia

Check out all the ones that have happened in just the last 2 weeks (yellow, oranges and reds)

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What the heck is going on Washington for pete's sake. Look at these.

Click on any of the blue dots - which are the strong motion sensors. They are all showing the same thing and it is long-period!

hoist.hrtc.net...

These are STRONG MOTION SENSORS...not the little piddly things.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
AWWWWWWW!

Rainier's showing it too!

www.pnsn.org...

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
www.volcanolive.com...

Mt St Helens Volcano (USA)
46.20 N, 122.18 W, summit elevation 2549 m, stratovolcano
Tuesday 18th January 2005
New volcano monitoring equipment, including video camera, gas sensor, GPS, and seismometer, installed on Friday at Mt St Helens volcano stopped transmitting data early Sunday morning. Direct observation of the volcano was not possible due to poor weather, but seismic data suggests that rockfall or steam and ash emission may have damaged the the instruments. In the 24 hours before its destruction, the GPS was moved southward and upward more than 8 meters, indicating a fast extrusion of lava from the dome.

8 METERS!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All Rainier stations are showing some type of activity.

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

All Rainier stations are showing some type of activity.

www.pnsn.org...

Not sure what the heck that was but it seems to have settled down.. I *really* think they need to get more reliable communications to those stations, in today's day and age, there's no need for these kind of problems

Makes you wonder how the seismologists get any work done...

Osiris

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

www.volcanolive.com...

Mt St Helens Volcano (USA)
46.20 N, 122.18 W, summit elevation 2549 m, stratovolcano
Tuesday 18th January 2005
New volcano monitoring equipment, including video camera, gas sensor, GPS, and seismometer, installed on Friday at Mt St Helens volcano stopped transmitting data early Sunday morning. Direct observation of the volcano was not possible due to poor weather, but seismic data suggests that rockfall or steam and ash emission may have damaged the the instruments. In the 24 hours before its destruction, the GPS was moved southward and upward more than 8 meters, indicating a fast extrusion of lava from the dome.

8 METERS!

The key is to watch for accompanying earthquakes.. obviously there is a lot of magmatic pressure there.. in all honesty it moving out is a good thing in terms of preventing an erruption.

Osiris

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join