It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Been monitoring the area for over a year. Quakes have gone from 500 per week to 1000 in the US alone. Most from Vegas in a line to Yellowstone. Then the Wash/Ore area. Last week or so there was 7 quakes over 6.3 and up. MSH and the rest may be close to popping like mirowave popcorn. Moved my sis back to Texas not long ago from Wash state.

Dear Dr:

I don't mean to undermine you, but there have not been 7 quakes over 6.3 in the U.S. in the past week.....I get e-mails from the USGS anytime there is a quake over 5.0 magnitude anywhere in the world, and I haven't received any for the U.S. Also, just to make sure there were no glitches in the
e-mail notification system, I went to the USGS website and looked at the U.S. map of all the quakes in the past week, and there have been none over 3.0.

Here is the link so that you can see for yourself:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

6.3 are moderately strong quakes, and would make headlines in the news across the nation....

Sincerely,

Magick

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Look at Mt. Baker!

Baker

There was an event that was picked up on all the Rainier webicorders about 0445 this morning.

Rainier

It coincides with an MSH event:

MSH

In fact, this event was picked up pretty much on all the mountains' webicorders.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It was a 3.1 under MSH.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

MAP 3.1 2004/12/19 04:59:47 46.197 -122.194 0.7 1 km ( 1 mi) WSW of Mount St. Helens Volcano, WA

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Baker continues to be jicky:

Baker

Look Rainier Camp Muir (these events do not appear to be MSH activity):

Rainier

And Mt. Hood has had activity for the past couple of days...but this is a bigger event than normal:

Hood

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
RAINIER ALERT!

RAINIER IS FREAKING OUT!

[edit on 12-21-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Things seem pretty normal on the Rainier cam:
www.mtnphil.com...

Val, so what do you think will happen if it blows?

[edit on 21-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Look at it now

Fremont
This can�t be good...

Remember how it looked Dec 1st.? Click the link and see. I was surprised it didn�t blow...

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Things seem pretty normal on the Rainier cam:
www.mtnphil.com...

And how is the webcam gonna show us these shakes? Looking at it now, it seems like that tree is about to fall over or the webcam is tilting to one side...Maybe it�s happening now
RUN AWAY!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Holy Cow TrueAmerican...don't even ask!

Thanks for reminding of Dec 1 Helmutt...I guess things could be worse.

*valhall vows to say that until she believes it*

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And how is the webcam gonna show us these shakes? Looking at it now, it seems like that tree is about to fall over or the webcam is tilting to one side...Maybe it�s happening now
RUN AWAY!

Lol, obviously the webcam isn't going to show us the shakes.

But if it blows, I'm sure we'll either see something on the webcam, or, umm, black.

Val, would it be appropriate to say that Seattle is in some deep trouble if it blows? I'm not really into this like you have been, so I really don't know. Is why I asked.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

From: Multicultural Prophecies Page 2 (Morgana's Observatory)

A volcano that will devastate the Seattle area is foretold is an ancient prophecy from Washington State's Puyallup tribe, which says, "The time will come when Little Sister will speak, and Grandfather will answer. And the land will be swept clean to the ocean." Sun Bear explained that Donald Matheson, a leader of the Puyallup tribe, moved his people to Idaho in 1979 because he believed it was time for this prophecy to be fulfilled. In March 1980, the mountain that we call little sister began to whisper. May 18th of 1980, the Little Sister spoke with a cubic mile of mountain that was spread over the northwest area, and many other parts of the world... "The Little Sister is called Mount St. Helens. Soon, the Grandfather is going to answer so much bigger. That one is called Mt. Rainier."

Sun Bear, Chippewa Medicine Man
(1929-1992)

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Mt. Rainier was the site of Kenneth Arnold's 1947 UFO sighting... the one that put the phrase 'flying saucer' in the English language and led off the first mass UFO sighting wave..

just a factoid I figured atsers would be interested in.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This mean anything?

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Okay, Mt. Hood has had an ELP indicative of magmatic encroachment:

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Something big happened in the Cascades last night. It is not coincident with the 8.9 quake in the southern hemisphere, though it could be found to have occurred close to an aftershock with that. Still, I do not believe it is a pick-up of any aftershock because it is only showing up on certain webicorders - not all of them.

Please check out Rainier webicorders (the time for this event is 2 hours AFTER the 8.9 Asian quake):

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

And then look at how different the signature can be from one webicorder to another on the different mountains. It shows up on all of the recorders on this next page, but varies significantly on certain recorders.

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Rainier just kicked a bit!

www.pnsn.org...

[edit on 12-26-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Something big happened in the Cascades last night. It is not coincident with the 8.9 quake in the southern hemisphere, though it could be found to have occurred close to an aftershock with that. Still, I do not believe it is a pick-up of any aftershock because it is only showing up on certain webicorders - not all of them.

Please check out Rainier webicorders (the time for this event is 2 hours AFTER the 8.9 Asian quake):

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

And then look at how different the signature can be from one webicorder to another on the different mountains. It shows up on all of the recorders on this next page, but varies significantly on certain recorders.

Actually Val, these are all showing the 9.0 Sumatra quake...The e-mails I received from the USGS said that it hit at 16:58 PST, which is exactly when all these graphs started recording. They will each show some variation because they are all at different distances from the epicenter of the quake, so the primary and secondary waves will reach each site at different times. Also, the Cascades Volcano Observatory said in yesterday's daily update that the Mt St Helens seismographs did not pick up the Sumatra quake because they are set to only pick up low level quakes from the mountain.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You're right magical...I figured out I was using the wrong time zone for sumatra...but my edit period had passed and there the turd set in the toilet bowl.

HA!

p.s. Did you see that big kick in Rainier at 18:30...?

[edit on 12-27-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes, I did....It's hard to figure out what is local and what is global right now because there have been 34 aftershocks higher than 5.0 and still going.....Did you see the world seismographs and how they have all been going nuts with all the aftershocks? Crazy!! There was also a 4.3 in California at 2:36 a.m. PST time this morning.....There were also quakes in the Phillipines and New Britain regions....I wonder if the big quake is triggering any of these smaller ones?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
sorry, I couldnt find the thread on yellowstone.
Check out mary lake and moose creek. It looks like someone is wanting some attention. It must be jealous.

www.seis.utah.edu...

granted it is not big like st helens or rainier big, but they are talking and it is being picked up on the other monitors. Havent seen that there for a while

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Majic

Author: Recent San Andreas Earthquake Swarms Concern Scientists

Why have you not brought your previous thread into this? There is allot there that relates to this topic... if nouthing more, keeping the same tread in one thought process... It's tough to go through so many that are addressing the same concern! Just asking.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join