It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I didn't bring that thread in because this thread is for Cascades activity, while my thread was regarding the San Andreas Fault in California.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I didn't bring that thread in because this thread is for Cascades activity, while my thread was regarding the San Andreas Fault in California.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Okay, I accept that as a reason not to add this into this discussion, but again the big picture, it happens to be a part of what you have stated. where are the weakest plates at this time? There appears to be a current event going on again... how would you add this to the the shift?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It seems that the west part of the pacific "ring of fire" has been extremely active this year. I am waiting for a response from the USGS as to what is considered a "normal" amount of activity for quakes in a given month globally. I find it interesting too that there are reports that the volcano Banda Api in the indonesian quake area has started erupting. I can't verify if it's true or not because I haven't seen any information from "official" sources come out yet. It remains to be seen how all the activity on the western part of the ring of fire will affect the eastern part, if at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There's been a "burp" at MSH:

www.pnsn.org...

But just as note-worthy there has been a "burp" at Rainier - and they are not at the same time:

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Majic, as you stated.. " It remains to be seen how all the activity on the western part of the ring of fire will affect the eastern part, if at all. " This is where I see it different, The East will affect the West, it's currently how our World rotates... However, I was incorrect with my thoughts when I mention, I suspected the next movement within the Plates, were to be in the South Pacific... instead in occured here,
30-DEC-2004 15:02:18 9.49 -74.90 4.8 50.5 NORTHERN COLOMBIA

Obviously not a large shake, but my thoughts were to look at a Triangle concept, where is the 3rd. line?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
MSH had a pretty good little kick a little while ago that shows up on all its webicorders...you can view them all here:

www.pnsn.org...

but more disturbing is Mt. Hood...what the cheese whiz is going on there!

Mt. Hood

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Val....

I believe those burps you referenced on 12/31/04 are the same ones... don't forget it takes time for those seismic waves to travel. The signatures look similar to me. You'll note the Rainer readings are later than the MSH ones (unless I totally misread the charts).

Osiris

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
MSH had a pretty good little kick a little while ago that shows up on all its webicorders...you can view them all here:

www.pnsn.org...

but more disturbing is Mt. Hood...what the cheese whiz is going on there!

Mt. Hood

That seismic signiture kinda looks like low level magma movement, but I'm no expert!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually looks more like storm noise or instrument error. Look at how far off center those readings are.. they are pinned VERY much above centerline.. not indicative of a quake but rather error.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by otlg27
Val....

I believe those burps you referenced on 12/31/04 are the same ones... don't forget it takes time for those seismic waves to travel. The signatures look similar to me. You'll note the Rainer readings are later than the MSH ones (unless I totally misread the charts).

Osiris

Yeah, I agree. In fact, my error was that I was using the wrong time zone for the epicenter.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Mt. St. Helens is looking gorgeous today.

www.spiritoftruth.org...

No problemo -- but check the time-stamp since this was put up

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Am I missing something??? What did you mean about the timestamp?

[edit] PS.. it is very pretty today [/edit]

Osiris

[edit on 2-1-2005 by otlg27]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dome MSH

Here is a link to the new dome showing the uplift and fracture on 12/28/04 -- I have been watching the changes in the dome and it is really interesting -- I guess the steam we see today is some of the snow and glacier melting from the heat of this.

jm

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
MSH has had a couple of good kicks that show up on all its recorders in the past 12 hours.

But Hood is still concerning me, it continues to show the really jicky stuff on the Flag Pt. seismo:

Hood Flag Pt.

But also the Tom Dick & Harry webi doesn't look good either

TD&H

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The New Dome is pretty active today also -- I know I will be watching things as it looks to me that something is going to happen -- of course all this could be releasing some of the pressure and nothing will happen right? But the new dome I think is magma - and it is still growing so I will keep checking the archive pictures and hope they have good days to get the flights up to take more pictures.

jm

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"Burps" show up here, and during the recent quake this page was BLACK.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

That has happened, three or four times since I began noticing this link, which is a real-time link.

www.spiritoftruth.org...

Mt. St. Helens is having a gorgeous day.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Okay, Mt. Hood is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL.

Check this out:

TD&H

And if that didn't scare you enough...check this out:

Flag Pt

And it's NOT MSH:

All webicorders

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey Val, will you translate all those pretty colors for me? Im not a geologist and when I looked at the graph, it resembled one of my daughters drawings at the age of 3

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How far apart are these two locations? Is it possible that one recorder is picking up the activity from another? How big are these mountains? What would happen if either were to blow?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join