It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: New Board Code Update: Thread Display

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
btw, wth is ats mobile?

Making posts, be it textual or graphical (pictures) from ones
mobile/cell phone.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
At the risk of being called a whinger or whiner, the loading of pages seems a lot slower for me at the moment than it has been in the past.

But then again it could also be something ive done. Hopefully just a bug.

I dont really have a problem with the new code other than that, SO hasnt steered us wrong in the past, no need to think he will now either.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
yeah yeah, but how do you do it? My phone can surf the web, and I can access ats if I go through google, but I didn't know there was a way I can easily surf ats?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
yeah yeah, but how do you do it? My phone can surf the web, and I can access ats if I go through google, but I didn't know there was a way I can easily surf ats?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well I know there has to be a financial reason behind this.

The site was working slower with the bar??

I have to say that the absence of the bar now almost makes me feel numb.

I used to use the post bar to gauge the quality of someone’s posts verses points.

If there was someone who had a short bar and loads of points I normally took that as a sign those persons posts were of quality.

Of course I realise this wasn't the case all the time as people could win points through other means.

Maybe SO could come up with some way of relating the stats on the extended profile to the mini profile... Or would that constitute the same issue of slowing down the board...

I would say though that speed is not everything. I would gladly wait a second longer per page to load if only we had the bar back...

But I realise this isn't going to happen...

I'm sorry to hear that.

Keep up the good work SO.... We Support you No Matter what!!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
From the BTS home page

Welcome to BelowTopSecret.com
We are the "off-topic" chit-chat board for the Internet's most sophisticated community dedicated to the intelligent discussion and debate of "alternative topics" such as conspiracy theory, UFO's, paranormal, and a host of other subjects.

With BelowTopSecret.com's 0 members generating 0 posts of substance that cover 0 topics in 0 different discussion forums, you can certainly "deny boredom" here.

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within.

And with a highly professional staff of 0 dedicated people, AboveTopSecret.com is renowned for enabling the discussion of nearly anything while insisting on polite civility and respectful decorum.

LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

And with a highly professional staff of 0 dedicated people

HAHAHAHAHA zero dedicated people! HAHAHAHA!

Hey wait a minute... Heyyyyyyyyy

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I'd hate to think that when someone expresses their honest opinion, in the name of constructive criticism, that they'd be branded a whiner....I don't think it's right that people should be afraid to post their thoughts, in case someone calls them a whiner who doesn't appreciate the work that goes in.

On most topics I would agree with you. I feel that this topic was different. On this topic we were basically told that if we kept complaining about it that we would be left with no bar at all.

The options were A) new bar B) no bar

...old bar wasn't an option. A few people kept posting after that point that they wanted the old bar back. I think that's were it stopped being constructive criticism. I liked the old bar, too, but saying that the new one was ugly or would promote quantity over quality was not going to bring the old one back.

I must admit that when I posted the whiner comment, I was simply ticked at having option B selected for me by a few people who didn't seem to grasp the options. Between options A and B, I want option A.

I also must say that I was upset that some people could look at SO's work and say it's "ugly," "pointless," and "cheap." At the time when I made whiner comment, I thought it paled in comparison to the criticism SO was rcving.

I consider myself to be pretty fair and among the posters who do not routinely offend. If I have crossed that line, I do myself as great a diservice as I do to others.

To anyone who was offended by my comments, I apologize.

[edit on 3/21/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I guess as a staff member, this may come across as "towing the party line", but you can take it for what its worth. I always enjoyed looking at the post bar, and I felt it was one aspect of ATS that set it aside from other message boards. But it's been gone for what, two days? In the last two days, I've completely adjusted to ATS without the post bar. It honestly makes no difference to me either way.

Yeah it was a perk, but it is certainly expendable to maintain optimal performance for our board.

I honestly do not even notice that it is no longer there.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I still have my bar.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Small Bug (I think)

I just noticed that the subscribe and favorire buttons, at the bottom of each thread page, don't appear to be working (for me anyway).

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I like it without the bar, now it's more mysterious when I talk to someone.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's a bit early where I am, but if you insist, it's 5:00 pm somewhere...

Martini Monkeys, not just for being smooth and dry anymore...

link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I still have my bar.

ATSers rejoice, the google ATS search is back!!!

link   

I still have my bar.

Have you been cheating?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I still have my bar.

When will these KL bars go on sale?

......and how much?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Have you been cheating?

Un Poco

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I just noticed that the subscribe and favorire buttons, at the bottom of each thread page, don't appear to be working (for me anyway).

Yes, I confirmed there is an issue here.

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/thread273586/$atsurl/memcp.php was not found on this server.

I'll pass it on.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
On most topics I would agree with you. I feel that this topic was different. On this topic we were basically told that if we kept complaining about it that we would be left with no bar at all.

Where in this thread did SO say that???

The options were A) new bar B) no bar

If It were that simple why wasn't there a member wide U2U and a vote???

I must admit that when I posted the whiner comment, I was simply ticked at having option B selected for me by a few people who didn't seem to grasp the options. Between options A and B, I want option A.

You have it all wrong...

Your choice wasn't made for you by a few people who voiced their opinions... It was made for you by the 3 Amigos.. Who I'm sure must have their own reasons...

I also must say that I was upset that some people could look at SO's work and say it's "ugly," "pointless," and "cheap." At the time when I made whiner comment, I thought it paled in comparison to the criticism SO was rcving.

I have read the posts here and I can honestly say I don't think anyone has said anything detrimental to the work effort SO puts in.

In fact I can say with 100% certainty that all the comments here on this very thread were meant in the best interests of the Site.

SO is obviously someone with great intellect... He should be able to see that.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I still have my bar.

How many attempts did it take you to get the position just right for it though?

Never used the google search much myself though.

And it does seem a bit quicker most of the time now.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join