It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Originally posted by LostSailor
But... The police officers have no control over what is legal and illegal.

Of course they don't, but that doesn't stop them from enforcing unjust laws, does it?

I am sorry, but I have no respect for people who can enforce laws that are unjust.

They have no choice but to enforce the laws that are on the books. They took an oath to do so.

And in doing so, they are actually performing a greater service than if they chose to ignore those laws, because,

The more often that unjust laws are brought up in court, the higher the likelihood that they will be challenged, and eventually changed.

Remaining silent on unjust laws only serves to perpetuate them.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's probably a cop holding that sign, and taking down the plates of those who honk for later illegal searches.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

They have no choice but to enforce the laws that are on the books. They took an oath to do so.

"I didn't kill the jews sir, I just put them on the train heading out. I was just following orders."

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's probably a cop holding that sign, and taking down the plates of those who honk for later illegal searches.

What is that even supposed to mean.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

And don't say that it doesn't happen. I know people who have been pulled over because of vanity plates and bumper stickers before. They were illegally stopped and searched because their stickers said "f*** the police" or something similar.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

What is that even supposed to mean.

It's damn funny if you ask me
(though it's also likely, so that part isn't as funny). Hey, cops do worse anyway, like lying to suspects to get them to confess/snitch. (but if a CIVILIAN lies to a cop, it's a free ticket to jail :shk: )

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
It's PRECISELY to mess with Muslim haters like you

I don't hate muslims. :shk:

I figured you did it just to mess with people. WHY do you do that? WHY do you poke at people and say things just to try to get people worked up? Why do you try to irritate people? (such as when you admitted to picking on white people, jumping out to scare them on purpose, etc.)

I personally don't care that you have it there, but I thought it odd since I have heard you state that you favor no organized religion. That's why I asked. Now we know. It's not a religious statement. It's just one more thing you are doing to try to bother people.

sickening to see you equate this man with a terrorist based on two lines under his name

Oh .. it's not 'just' because of two lines under his name. ....

BTW .. I fully know what Allah Akhbar means. To use it just to be irritating, in my opinion, is disrespectful.

You are right RAS, this could be off topic. But then again, discerning the behavior of a self-processed cop hater is part of what this thread is about. Exposing the fact that the cop hater does things just to irritate people goes towards why people treat him the way they do. I think it's connected.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The following orders defense does not work, and I thought that was established a long time ago.

As for taking an oath, what does that say about a man who takes an oath to enforce laws that he knows are unjust?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You are right RAS, this could be off topic. But then again, discerning the behavior of a self-processed cop hater is part of what this thread is about. Exposing the fact that the cop hater does things just to irritate people goes towards why people treat him the way they do. I think it's connected.

I hope you don't mean "the cop hater" as a general classification like National Geographic does with "the pygmy marmot", or "the duck-billed platypus". I could just as easily say:

"The cop lover has a tenancy to follow orders blindly, and not care about individual rights"

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

The following orders defense does not work, and I thought that was established a long time ago.

As for taking an oath, what does that say about a man who takes an oath to enforce laws that he knows are unjust?

It is an oath to enforce all laws, just or unjust depends on the person.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And don't say that it doesn't happen. I know people who have been pulled over because of vanity plates and bumper stickers before. They were illegally stopped and searched because their stickers said "f*** the police" or something similar.

Yes, and a great majority of those vehicles turned up something illegal, and I never stopped someone without a reason.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Where did you pull that fun fact from? Nothing illegal ever came from my car, even after I was cuffed and searched.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
It is an oath to enforce all laws, just or unjust depends on the person.

Yeah, so you have sworn to uphold whatever laws are placed on the books, that is fine.

The only problem is, it has been known for a long time that our laws are unjust.

You knowingly swore an oath to uphold an unjust system, bravo sir.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Where did you pull that fun fact from? Nothing illegal ever came from my car, even after I was cuffed and searched.

I pull everything I say from my personal experiance, not news reports and articles. Everything I say about Law Enforcement comes from years of experiance.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I figured you did it just to mess with people.

And you asked WHY, since you figured such? Not to mention your spiel about the bloodthirsty jihadis...

WHY do you do that?

Because it's funny.

WHY do you poke at people and say things just to try to get people worked up?

I didn't poke at anyone. Like I said, I like the way it sounds, and it messes with people who do not like Muslims. Funny how YOU replied to that...

Why do you try to irritate people? (such as when you admitted to picking on white people, jumping out to scare them on purpose, etc.)

It's a response to over 15 years of racism from whites. At some point, you say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! So, I do this type to thing to racist pieces of filth because they DESERVE IT! Do try to stop being misleading as if I do this to white people in general.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Am I way off base if I ask the age of the self admitted cop haters in this thread? Before you reply that age doesn't matter. Maybe it doesn't to you... But it most certainly does for me.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Truth-

You should know by now that you don't have to jump out of a dark alley to scare white people, just be around at night and that ought to do it.

If you want to avoid that, speak very slowly, but loudly, and announce everything you're doing as it happens.

"I am reaching into my pocket to grab my da-glo orange safety wallet. "

"He's got a gun!!!!!!1"

Laugh if you will, but look at Amadou Diallo.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Am I way off base if I ask the age of the self admitted cop haters in this thread? Before you reply that age doesn't matter. Maybe it doesn't to you... But it most certainly does for me.

I've never said that I was a cop hater, but, I'm 24 years old. Keep in mind that young people are probably hmore likely to have a negative view of the police because they are the primary target of the abusive and offending officers.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"I didn't kill the jews sir, I just put them on the train heading out. I was just following orders."

Totally false analogy, Rasobasi. Equating cops with Nazis. Equating the rule of law to extermination.

Our country has not reached the level of Nazi Germany, no matter how many people try to say it is true. We are two different cultures existing in two differnt times under two different standards of right and wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wir waren folgende Aufträge

Our country has not reached the level of Nazi Germany, no matter how many people try to say it is true. We are two different cultures existing in two differnt times under two different standards of right and wrong.

No one says that it has, but the parallels are frightening though.

The defense of cops "just following orders" is a perfect example of one of those parallels.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join