It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I don't know you, but if I met you, I would bitch slap you.

That sounds like a direct threat to me.

But you go ahead and deny it. We all know better. We were there.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Again, we're way off topic with the personal stuff here.

One thing I think we've all agreed on

Police tactics are different depending on where they walk their beat, correct?

And, because of these different tactics, civilian response to police must be different depending on your location, correct?

So, where fear and caution may not be the correct response to police in suburban Ohio, it is the correct response at 63rd and Baltimore in West Philly.

Can we all agree?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Can we all agree?

I agree!

I think that's what I, at least, have been trying to get across. The force is made up of individuals, just like any other group, and as tempting as it is to throw them all in one bucket and call them "whatever", it's just inaccurate. Being a police officer doesn't make one a "pig". Neither does it make one corrupt. By the same token, neither does it make one a hero.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks BH,

For the record, I agree...

Trootthceeca,

If you made that exact quote here. to a female, I would lock you up...

You run behind your semantics all you want to...

YOU have defined who and what you are... By threatening a woman..

Semper Super Cop Pig Po Po

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
HI semperfortis

Not in a position to abuse power huh?

External Source

between 2001 and 2003, blacks were 39 times more likely to commit violent crimes against whites than the reverse, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.”
~~~~~~~
Between 2001 and 2003, blacks committed, on average, 15,400 black-on-white rapes per year, while whites averaged only 900 white-on-black rapes per year.
~~~~~~~
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.”

But there are five-and-one-half as many whites as blacks. If anything, the numbers should be reversed. After all, as leftists always tell us, all groups are supposed to be equally represented in all categories, for good or ill. (Well, not really. Leftists never call on the NBA and NFL to institute racial parity for white players.)
~~~~~~~
“Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.”

Those stats come from a source that I don't think should be trusted.

amren.com...

American Renisance Magazine? Is that like having a skin head group gather states?

I mean did you see the comments on this other article about a black doll that walt disney plans to create?

www.amren.com...

I just would questions stats put out by a source like this.

Now here is an interesting statistic...

External Source

Far from being guilty of “racially profiling” innocent blacks, police have been exercising racial bias on behalf of blacks, arresting fewer blacks than their proportion of criminals: “… blacks who committed crimes that were reported to the police were 26 percent less likely to be arrested than people of other races who committed the same crimes.”

Can you provide links to your sources? These could be coming from KKK head quarters for all we know. The stats are only worthy of the people who put them together. Not unlike elections, stats can be manipulated.

www.aclu.org...

NEW YORK - The New York Civil Liberties Union today raised major concerns about the revelation that the New York City Police Department is compiling a massive new database of law-abiding New Yorkers, mostly black and Hispanic, who have been stopped by the police. The NYCLU demanded that the NYPD take immediate steps to protect the privacy rights of persons who are stopped and frisked but not convicted of a crime.

"In the coming days we will review in detail the newly-released data on the demographics of the people whom the police stopped and frisked in 2006," said NYCLU Executive Director Donna Lieberman. "But the revelation that these individuals' names are being improperly collected and retained by the police is an added source of concern. The NYPD's collection and retention of this information represents a violation of the privacy rights of New Yorkers, may be illegal, and - given that the individuals stopped are disproportionately black or Hispanic - raises major concerns about racial profiling. People who have done nothing wrong should not be in a police database."

This recent study disagrees with what you just posted, and my link is from the American Civil Liberties Union. Same America, different views I guess.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Dramatic increases in both homicide victimization and offending rates were experienced by young males, particularly young black males, in the late 1980's and early 1990's
During the late 1990's, homicide victimization rates dropped for all groups. In recent years, rates for most groups stabilized.

In 2004 --

Black males 18-24 years old had the highest homicide victimization rates. Compared to the next highest rates, their rates were more than double the rates for black males age 25 and older and 4 times the rates for black males 14-17 years old.

After increases in the early 1990's, 14-17 year old males experienced homicide victimization rates in 2004 that were about the same as those of the early 1970's.

Although much lower than the rates experienced in the late 1980's and early 1990's, rates for black males ages 18-24 remain higher in 2004 than in earlier periods.

To view data, click on the chart.

[D]

Homicide offending patterns are similar to victimization patterns
Black males 18-24 years old have the highest homicide offending rates. Compared to the next highest rates, their rates are more than 3 times the rates of black males 14-17 years old and 5 times the rates of black males age 25 and older.

Older teens and young adults (18-24 years old) have the highest offending rates in each racial and gender group.

Offending rates for black males 18-24 years old declined recently although at a slower pace than in the mid 1990's.

For white male teens and young adults, offending rates peaked in the early 1990's, fell to lows in 2000, and increased slightly through 2004.

For black females of all age groups, offending rates declined since the early 1990's.

White females of all age groups experience the lowest offending rates.

[D]

Young males, particularly young black males, are disproportionately involved in homicide compared to their share of the population
The proportion of the population represented by --

young white males has declined, while the proportions of homicide victims and offenders who were young white males have been increasing

young black males has remained at about 1%, while the proportions of homicide victims and offenders who were young black males have increased dramatically from the mid 1980's to the early 1990's but have declined recently

[D]

Source: FBI, Supplementary Homicide Reports, 1976-2004.
See also Additional information about the data.

Note: The victims of the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks are not included in this analysis

You only put down the damaging parts in your link, you did not put down the whole link. I don't feel that what you posted showed the full story of these states.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry I could not find the article, but I should have a saved copy somewhere, it just came out in the last few months.

quote: Originally posted by jsobecky
Really, until you post some stats and sources, this part of the discussion can go nowhere, imo.

It's fair to ask for stats. I think the ones below are accurate. They match the AOL article that came out regarding the fact that the US has more people in jail than China. More than any other country in fact.

en.wikipedia.org...

Comparison with other countries
Compared with other countries, the United States has among the highest incarceration rates in the world. More people are behind bars in the United States than any other country. As of 2006, a record 7 million people were behind bars, on probation or on parole. Of the total 2.2 million were incarcerated. China ranks second with 1.5 million followed by Russia with 870,000. The United States has 5 percent of the world's population and 25 percent of the world's incarcerated population. [2]

As of 2006, the incarceration rate in prison and jail, in the United States was 737 inmates per 100,000 or 1 of every 136 adults. [3]. For the most part, the U.S. rate is three to eight times that of the Western European nations and Canada. The rate in England and Wales, for example, is 139 persons imprisoned per 100,000 residents while in Norway it is 59 per 100,000. In many countries, it is common for prisoners to be paroled after serving as little as one third of their sentences. In the US, most states strictly limit parole, requiring at serving of at least half of the sentence. For certain heinous crimes, there is no parole and the full sentence must be served.

The prison population in China was 111 per 100,000 in 2001 (sentenced prisoners only), although this figure is highly disputed. Chinese human rights activist Harry Wu, who spent 19 years in forced-labor camps for criticizing the government, estimates that 16 to 20 million of his countrymen are incarcerated, including common criminals, political prisoners, and people in involuntary job placements. Even ten million prisoners would mean a rate of 793 per 100,000. [8]

There was a corresponding AOL article that came out not too long ago, but I can not locate it currently.

Hi jsobecky.

I think the both of you are nuts. What is with this "upcoming police state"? You folks are a little too paranoid, imo.

From one who is living it and sees it everyday. Please believe me when I say that they are not parnoid. At least in the city I live, we have the start or middle of a police state.

We have an army of civilian spies, and though we have not in my country started to ask for ID and build the prisons, you have in your country.

I thought I was living in a democratic society, and a year ago, if you tried to tell me that my country, much less city was a police state, I would have laughed in your face and argued the point bitterly, now I know better. Please wake up, before you have to live it to believe it the same way I am.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
From one officer to another, Bravo.

I was just about to rant on this subject myself.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Trootthceeca,

If you made that exact quote here. to a female, I would lock you up...

You run behind your semantics all you want to...

YOU have defined who and what you are... By threatening a woman..

Semper Super Cop Pig Po Po

That's all good, semp.

But, you wouldn't be the one who decides whether this was a threat or not. I believe that would be the DA or the judge. So, all you would get is your rocks off for arresting someone.

Now, may I ask what you would do if one of your COLLEAGUES' wives reported that he beat the spit out of her (note actual violence in this case)? Or, what would your colleagues do if YOU were the one who beat up his wife? That blue wall of silence is QUITE handy, isn't it?

The hypocrisy is quite glaring. But then again, y'all ARE the law (a la Judge Dredd).

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
Hi jsobecky.

I think the both of you are nuts. What is with this "upcoming police state"? You folks are a little too paranoid, imo.

From one who is living it and sees it everyday. Please believe me when I say that they are not parnoid. At least in the city I live, we have the start or middle of a police state.

We have an army of civilian spies, and though we have not in my country started to ask for ID and build the prisons, you have in your country.

I thought I was living in a democratic society, and a year ago, if you tried to tell me that my country, much less city was a police state, I would have laughed in your face and argued the point bitterly, now I know better. Please wake up, before you have to live it to believe it the same way I am.

Thanks for the stats, Harassment101.
Looking at the stats for China, they prove out what I was saying about the old USSR: concentration camp numbers aren't counted in the official stats.

Can I ask, which country do you live in? And, what do you mean, our country is "asking for ID"? Does your country not ask for ID? And one final question, do you have the right to bear arms in your country?

Thanks. I look forward to your answers.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Arrest him,

Exactly as before...

Exactly as the scum that threaten women should be..

Semper, Pig, Po Po, Super Cop

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Exactly as the scum that threaten women should be..

Must be easy to continue with the Ad Hominem attacks that have nothing to do with this thread.

Regardless, nice way to avoid the topic of your own thread.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hypotheticals eh?

How about this, and this is open to anyone with a badge, and not just semper:

You're patrolling and you are called in as backup for an officer who has pulled someone over. When you ask the officer on the scene what's going on, he says that an individual was acting suspiciously, so he pulled him over. At the time you see the suspect, he is on the sidewalk handcuffed, and a good amount of his personal belongings have been thrown out of the car, onto the sidewalk. There is an officer in the back seat doing an in depth search.

The man on the side of the street is continuously asking "what is this about officer? why am I handcuffed?" only for the original officer to abusively threaten to beat him senseless. The man complains, only to receive a forceful kick to the back, throwing him face first to the ground. An hour has passed in full, and it is determined that the man has done nothing illegal.

The "suspect" is released from the cuffs, and issued a ticket for a crooked license plate.

Do you complain to IAD? Do you talk to the cop on the scene in private? I emphasize you because as an officer, you would likely have more of an ability to change things than the person who, at this point, looks like he's just trying to get out of a ticket by complaining.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I said something to the tune of "I would bitch slap you for talking about my kids."

The fact was that I wasn't talking about your kids. I don't even know if you have any or not.

if I met you, I would bitch slap you.

That's an absolute threat from you that if we were either together or to get together in real life, you would hit. You would hit, even though you didn't have the facts and that you had misinterpreted a discussion.

The only reason you aren't in jail right now truthseeka, is because we were not together in real life. If we had been, you would have committed assault and it would have been totally your own fault and your own responsibility.

This is a good lesson for you.
I sincerely hope that you can get yourself under control.

Did I track her down online, go to her house, and bitch slap her?

Tracking someone down from the Internet like that would be a federal offense. It wouldn't be 'just' the local jail. The biiiiiiiiiig federal prison would be the home for anyone who did that CRIMINAL act.

Truthseeka ... why do you have "Allah AkBARRRRR!!!" under your name? Have you become Muslim? That is the favorite phrase that the radical islamic terrorists use as they mass murder people. It's been caught on flight recorders, etc. But I'm sure you already know that ... don't you.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Hypotheticals eh?

How about this, and this is open to anyone with a badge, and not just semper:

You're patrolling and you are called in as backup for an officer who has pulled someone over. When you ask the officer on the scene what's going on, he says that an individual was acting suspiciously, so he pulled him over. At the time you see the suspect, he is on the sidewalk handcuffed, and a good amount of his personal belongings have been thrown out of the car, onto the sidewalk. There is an officer in the back seat doing an in depth search.

The man on the side of the street is continuously asking "what is this about officer? why am I handcuffed?" only for the original officer to abusively threaten to beat him senseless. The man complains, only to receive a forceful kick to the back, throwing him face first to the ground. An hour has passed in full, and it is determined that the man has done nothing illegal.

The "suspect" is released from the cuffs, and issued a ticket for a crooked license plate.

Do you complain to IAD? Do you talk to the cop on the scene in private? I emphasize you because as an officer, you would likely have more of an ability to change things than the person who, at this point, looks like he's just trying to get out of a ticket by complaining.

I would call the Captain of Patrol and tell him about it. When the officer went into the locker room at the end of the shift there would be about 12 officers there to throw a "blanket party" as soon as that was over then we would call in Internal Affairs.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The fact was that I wasn't talking about your kids. I don't even know if you have any or not.

And this has to do with police because???

That's an absolute threat from you that if we were either together or to get together in real life(snip)

And this has to do with the police because???

Truthseeka ... why do you have "Allah AkBARRRRR!!!" under your name? Have you become Muslim? (snip)

And this has nothing to do with Police, I know that for sure. I think it's pretty petty to bring individual religion into this discussion, and even more sickening to see you equate this man with a terrorist based on two lines under his name (which BTW means "God is great).

Am I the only one who misses this thread being on topic?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nope... I sure don't hate cops! Do I hate some of the laws that cops are required to enforce? Sure... But... The police officers have no control over what is legal and illegal. Police are OK in my opinion!

High FIVE-A!!!

Edited...

What's all this bitch slapping talk? Only bitches bitch slap... And only a bitch would even "THINK" of hitting a woman.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by LostSailor]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
But... The police officers have no control over what is legal and illegal.

Of course they don't, but that doesn't stop them from enforcing unjust laws, does it?

I am sorry, but I have no respect for people who can enforce laws that are unjust.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Harrasment, if memory doesnt fail me I believe that the stats JSO was askin about were the relations of the current US incarceration rates compared to that of the USSR concentration camps, namely the Gulag Archipelego..
There is no doubt that the US has the highest rate of known incarcerated individuals, and with a quick glance over statistics a person can easily see that there is a racial discrimination in this process, I really wonder what gives in that.. I am left with a couple thoughts on this
1. Blacks tend to by nature act more violently to anyone, there own people or otherwise.. or
2. Blacks are under a higher scrutiny and are picked up far more often than whites, hispanic, etc..
3. Both

We see similiar trends in Canada, except it is not the blacks but the Native American, with Saskatchewan being the worse..

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's an absolute threat from you that if we were either together or to get together in real life, you would hit. You would hit, even though you didn't have the facts and that you had misinterpreted a discussion.

Ok. Sure. How about this, then?

If I got enough nuclear weapons, I would blow up the North Pole.

Uh oooohhhh!! I've JUST threatened to blow up the North Pole. You better call the authorities, QUICK!!

If I got my hands on the bird flu virus, I would infect every chicken in North America.

Oh, nooooo!! Somebody call PETA, QUICK!!

If I met Dick Cheney, I would spit in his face.

Oh, HEEELLL NAAAW!!!! You BETTER notify Homeland Security about this one!!!

Truthseeka ... why do you have "Allah AkBARRRRR!!!" under your name? Have you become Muslim? That is the favorite phrase that the radical islamic terrorists use as they mass murder people. It's been caught on flight recorders, etc. But I'm sure you already know that ... don't you?

It's PRECISELY to mess with Muslim haters like you.
(not to mention that it's a krunk sounding phrase) Anyone who's seen my posts in the religion forums can tell you that I subscribe to NO organized religion. I neither worship Allah nor biblegod/Jesusgod/the Holy Ghost. There you have it.

Oh, one more thing...

Allah AkBAAAAARRRRRR!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh, yeah, phoenix...

BEEP BEEP!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join