It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scrub
I hate how cops think they need to give you a big speech when they catch you breaking a law. Every ticket I have ever got came with a speech on how I shouldn't speed or you should do this or not do that. I'm like give me my ****in ticket and walk away dude. Arrest me or shut the hell up. I'm grown you want to feel important give some little kids a speech if you catch me doing something just do what you got to do and shut up.

We give you a speech for a reason, we hope that you will learn something, instead of breaking the law all over again.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
We give you a speech for a reason, we hope that you will learn something, instead of breaking the law all over again.

That would be ok except that it seems every time I watch a cop driving they break the same laws that cost me $250.00 a pop buddy and there ain't nobody making them pay for their mistakes. So if you can do what ever you want and I have to pay for my mistakes then just take my money and shut the **** up.....please

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
My personal responsibility enters into the equation by not swearing an allegiance to uphold the laws of a corrupt system regardless of how unjust those laws might be.

I hear you. Really. AND, I'd like to make an analogy to the military at this time. Because I'm torn about this myself. I hear "Support the Troops" everywhere, but how much respect and support can I muster for someone who VOLUNTEERS and joins the service, KNOWING that they're probably going to fight in a war that I disagree with and DO NOT support?

I don't want to change the topic, but this is the problem I have with people slamming the whole police force. Good people join the corrupt system knowing that change has to be made and can be most effectively made from within. The more corruption on the inside, the less likely it will EVER change. But the more good people that enter the force, the better chance there is of having a less corrupt force.

Just thoughts...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wasn't going to reply here, because I don't hate cops.
But, I do despise the kind of cops who swagger around, pushing their weight around, jumping to conclusions, having chips on their shoulders.
You know the type.

They love the power.
They love to abuse their power.
They love to intimidate.
They get in your space and overreact if you don't cower.
They know how to push your buttons and are quick to use their badge when you react to their button-pushing.

They give good cops a bad name.
They are the ones you remember.

Sure, they get in tough situations. Sure criminals are more violent and life means less to many of them.
But that shouldn't be an excuse for the above behavior.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yet, whenever I was 19, I was atteding Tyler Junior College and it was the week of finals everyone knew it was the week of FINALS. As TJC is the only main college in Tyler ... Well was now there is UT Tyler and Texas College anyways. I was walking to my car and noticed a police officer kinda following me. I didn't think anything of it .. I popped my Trunk and put my book bag into it. Closed it and before I could get around my car to get into it the Police Officer asked me (yelled at me) are you Brandon ... last name and I was like yeah ... That is me ... He asked "Do you have any form of Identification on you ?"

I said no ... he asked me you are Brandon .... ?? I said yes he said you are under arrest because there was a warrant out for my arrest. For not turning in a Defensive Driving Certificate !!! A certificate in which I had a copy that was mailed to me at my house that I kept in my wallet. That ALSO at Blockbuster I wrote down Smith County Municipal Court on the Defensive Driving Tape and they were going to send me a Copy and them a copy of the Certificate. I showed this to him and he told me that I would have to show it to the judge on Monday as it was a Friday and the following week was FINALS. He knowing that I would FLUNK out all my classes if I missed my Final, TOLD ME THIS BS. He could have easily said ok bring this up to the court house and take care of it ... Yet he didn't he put me in CUFF'S this was before I had ever taken a sip of alchohol in my life or done anything illegal EVER ANYTHING .. Besides possibly Speed. But anyways ... After they put me in the Holding Cell all weekend long .. Didn't even check me in to General Population ... Untill Sunday at around 10 my dad came and got me out he is the type of parent that seems to think I needed to learn my lesson ...

Well after that I moved to Houston ... and started doing things that were REALLY ILLEGAL how should I say ... Anyways .. I am now outta that scene but that had a HUGE impact on my life and how I think towards Policeman ... besides another Situation that had happened ... THe police pull3d me over and had me follow a PEN .. I just LAUGHED AT THEM ... I had never been inebriated in all my life ...

[edit: bbcode - bold tags]

[edit on 12-3-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I hate cop-haters. In America, the majority are black, and just live in their own "fantasy" world where everbody hates blacks, including the cops, and they use their fantasy as a way to trample over not just cops, but every other race in America.

Plus cops need a warrant to do anything these days, so if you're a cop, either quit, or get promoted to something better where you don't need authorisation to do your job.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmm.

I think I saw a similar rant here on ATS before.

Oh , here it is

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">massive disrespect

Semper,

I don't know what your intentions were to start this thread, but if you are unhappy with your line of work I suggest maybe working with children with special needs.

That would certainly teach you some Humility.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I fail to see where Semper said that he disliked his job..
And I will say that I am proud to have the likes of Sember on the force, protecting and serving my family, this world would be alot worse if it were not for the likes of him.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We were just in an accident!
I had seen a cop in my rear view in the other lane, so I was aware he was there. When I stopped at a red light... *BAM*!!! Someone rear-ended me really hard! Realizing that a cop was right there gave me SUCH a feeling of security and I was SO thankful just to have him there to tell me what to do.

Turns out the driver of the other car was DRUNK-on-her-ass! She could hardly stand on her own!

Normally, I would have freaked clear out, not knowing what to do, but, having the security of that cop right there, to handle this drunk lady, I was able to maintain my complete composure. He (and 2 other cops that arrived) took care of everything. Insurance and everything. They even called a paramedic to come and check on me and took complete care. I shook all of their hands before we left, I was just SO grateful!

We were just on our way to the dog park with 3 dogs in the back. Afterward, we just went onto the dog park and had a nice time. That drunk's insurance will pay for the damage to my new RAV4! She's in jail.

I LOVE GOOD COPS!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Nice post semper. As to the title, So You Hate Cops, I'd just like to say no, not cops like you that have a sense of humanity about them rather than arrogance. I think Compassion101 should be on the curriculum new police recruits take because the very position of having to constantly decide amid such extremes demands that all extremes be considered when dealing with people's lives. Very tough job.

And I think most cops are heros really, when you consider what they do and the stress they endure non stop- despite the low pay. I would also venture that corruption in the police force as a whole is less than the corruption rate of the general population. At least I would hope it to be.

Edit to add: I mean really, how can you not respect someone who does what semper does, and even on a bad day compose a scathing post so eloquently put? The great thing is that the OP addresses a minority of people.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi jsobecky.

Thanks for the stats, Harassment101. Looking at the stats for China, they prove out what I was saying about the old USSR: concentration camp numbers aren't counted in the official stats.

Can I ask, which country do you live in? And, what do you mean, our country is "asking for ID"? Does your country not ask for ID? And one final question, do you have the right to bear arms in your country?

I am Canadian. I read that one woman in the US was dragged off a bus for not showing ID. I heard they are doing these little practice excercises in the States and she had shown ID the other times when asked to do so, but she did not feel like it, and they dragged her off the bus and they were going to lay charges. It was featured on prison planet or one of those sites in the last few months.

I am should not say that we don't ask for ID. I am sure we ask the homeless people over here for ID, and others, but I don't think we have dragged anyone off a bus for not showing ID. I also have not heard of any practice excercises asking for ID, but I am keeping my eyes open. I know the 3 countries are suppose to be merging soon, so what goes for one probably goes for the other two. Still if we have I have not heard that yet.

Ofcourse we have the right to bear arms.

Hi drconfused.

Oh thanks for clearifying this. Not sure where I would get those stats, since a lot of that might be undocumented.

We see similiar trends in Canada, except it is not the blacks but the Native American, with Saskatchewan being the worse..

Over here it's blacks and Native Americans. In Vancouver we had a serial killer who was picked up finally for killing over 30 woman. Many first nations. This sicko could have been caught years earlier, but because most of the woman were prostitutes and Native American, nothing was done. Nothing.

There is more sterotyping. If you are stopped more, you are going to get arrested more.

If your society was ravaged, by the government, it's going to take you longer to get back what was yours. I am glad to see our first Nations People going to the International courts to get some of their land back.

Growing up in Canada, I never realised that the situation they live in is the Canadian version of apartied. It was only in more recent times I learnt that it's almost the same thing.

Well looks like I am not going to be able to get accurate stats, to compare who was worst, the US or the USSR, but does it matter? Each society has an unspeakable amount of people behind bars and for minor offensies in many cases.

You should check out this site.

november.org...

All about the people behind the walls. When I read some of the stories, I am outraged. It should not be. I am anti-drugs, but the laws need to change, this is crazy.

Hi Rasobasi420.

"I didn't kill the jews sir, I just put them on the train heading out. I was just following orders."

Too many people in our society are just following orders. What happened to thinking for yourself, and making your own discisions?

I see it every day now on the train. Everyone is just mindlessly following orders. It's unreal. Following orders are important, but thinking for yourself, being a compassionate human being, what happened to that?

Hi jsobecky.

Our country has not reached the level of Nazi Germany, no matter how many people try to say it is true. We are two different cultures existing in two differnt times under two different standards of right and wrong.

Don't know about Nazi Germany, but you are all pushing the East Germany thing, way too far. I mean East Germany before the walls fell. A lot of countries and cities are, with the civilian spy thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I don't know what your intentions were to start this thread, but if you are unhappy with your line of work I suggest maybe working with children with special needs.

GEE Thanks Man!!! I'll check into that...

Perhaps doing "Toys for TOTS". Organizing and assisting in the "Special Olympics" and running the "Heart Walk" for my community for more years than most of the Cop Haters have been alive is not enough...

I'll look into more...

OH Yeah, I also teach at the PAL, I teach Martial Arts so that others may grow up and become abusive Po Po..

SHEEESH
Children...

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
WOW,

You haters are sure in good company...

Here are some of your compatriots...

"Skin Head and NAZI, Cop Hater Video"

Enjoy

Semper
Super Cop
Po Po
Pig

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here,,,,

Everyone lighten up and enjoy this...

This is the BEST cop parody I have ever seen...

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hi semperfortis.

What triggered the post in the first place?

What made you feel that people hate or don't appriciate the things that you do for them?

Yet, you hate me and call me a pig, criminal, dirty and more graphic names on a regular basis. Still I will get dressed in the middle of the night to come save your stupid butt when you get your self in a situation you can't control.

I know you probably get this every once in awhile, but what caused you to feel the blunt of it this time? What happened to make it come to the surface? What triggered it?

All you care about is your one little incident in which you branded all police officers your enemy.

Someone specific, or just anyone in general? Which little incident? Something general or more specific?

Work related or otherwise?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Just the usual...

Posters that upon finding that they were perhaps falling behind in a debate, felt it necessary to resort to verbal attacks and of course I am wide open for the "Pig" complaint as I have never tried to hide my profession. Quite the opposite, I am proud of what I do, what I stand for and have always tried to help on here as much as possible...

Plus, I had a bad day that day...

Thanks for asking though...

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Just the usual...

Posters that upon finding that they were perhaps falling behind in a debate, felt it necessary to resort to verbal attacks and of course I am wide open for the "Pig" complaint as I have never tried to hide my profession. Quite the opposite, I am proud of what I do, what I stand for and have always tried to help on here as much as possible...

Plus, I had a bad day that day...

Thanks for asking though...

Semper

Dont worry I have been trying to defend the profession. That was an excellent post.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
JM

You are the MAN!!!

Though only on here, I am HONORED to know you!

Keep the faith!!!

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Here are some of your compatriots...
"Skin Head and NAZI, Cop Hater Video"

Oh my god, I thought you were psychic... until,
I realized that it's probably just all that great training again.

I mean, how else would you know that I kick it with skinhead nazi cop haters every weekend?

Edit to add
The storm troooper video was funny though, thanks.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Pheonix,

Who said it was directed at you?

Feeling some psychosis there???

Freudian Slip??

hmmmmm

Semper

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join