It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots In Copenhagen After Antiterror Unit Cleared Ungdomshuset

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Am I the only one seeing a conspiracy here? They're going to arrest as many as possible, so they can complain about "overcrowded" prisons.

Yes... and no...

Yes, I believe that the police, given the articles you present anyways, used this situation for a way to test methods that would normally not be needed..

I believe they intentionally arrested as many people as possible.. so that they could measure the strain on the penal system in Denmark..

More raids in Germany on other Left Wing terrorist groups may or may not be connected..

To assume they are not terrorist is just as wrong to assume they are with out definite information to back the claims..

To say there are no Left Wing Liberal terrorist groups would be completely BS .. there are plenty of them, just as there are Right Wing groups (which includes most religious terrorism) ..

HOWEVER given the light of the situation in the G8 summit, it should be entirely expected that there will be problems, there are always problems at the G8. Hell, London was bombed during a G8 meeting.

Germany may very well have identified some radical Left Wing terrorist cell and moved in for pre-emptive arrest.

Just my point.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I didn't realize tyrants had taken hold in Denmark. They're trying to get rid of everyone who doesn't conform to the consumerist mold. It's disgusting. I'm glad that they stood up to the government, but saddened that they never stood a chance. I suppose the majority of people in Denmark are content with a robotic lifestyle of working eight hours a day for a faceless corporation, helping to make the rich richer and expand hedonistic materialism. Perhaps the people will wake up now that the police are encroaching on their rights.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
IMO, the most appalling about the riots around Ungdomshuset has been the preemptive searches of private apartments with the excuse to round up foreingers (which they didn't find many of). They are outright contradicting the Danish constitution. I wonder if there haven't been any outcry than the little or no outcry I have been able to observe from my censored position.

The story about plainclothes circulating the crowd speaking foreing languages is directly frightning. Yes Hellmutt, I do smell conspiracy.

If you have anymore on it, please post. I'm going there in 10 days and would like to know what I go back to.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I found this video on YouTube by coincident. It's an old song by Knutsen & Ludvigsen called Knutsens drøm. Someone made a video for it, with pictures surrounding the events of this thread. The pictures match with the lyrics. It's in norwegian.

[edit on 2007/5/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Christiania

Cars are on fire all over Christianshavn in Copenhagen.

Photo: Lars Laugesen

Ekstra Bladet: Politiet har lagt jernring om Christiania (in danish)

Ekstra Bladet: Christianshavn i flammer (in danish)

Svt.se: Nya kravaller i Christiania (in swedish)

Adressa.no: Jernring rundt Christiania (in norwegian)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Trouble started after police demolished a building in Christiania. The police are getting reinforcements and activist are getting reinforcements too. Seems like today, Copenhagen will erupt bigtime again. This time however, it might be worse than the previous riots...

Ekstra Bladet: Christiania er klar til krig (in danish) - translates to: "Christiania ready for war"

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Whauw... this looks serious.

Gonna be a hot summer in Copenhagen.

As I understand it, it's because they wanted to demolish a building... days before an agreement between christiania and the authorities --after years of negitiations-- MIGHT have been in place.

Well, maybe the authorities don't want no agreement, but are settling for a confrontation to clear it once and for all.

Would be a great drill for them anyway ...for times ahead.

Rejs Jer fordømte her på jorden...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Photo: Thorkild Amdi / SCANPIX

Aftenposten: Politiet la jernring rundt Christiania (in norwegian)

At least 50 have been arrested so far, and the police used lots of tear gas last night. They say activists are mobilizing bigtime via sms. The police claim they don't want to enter Christiania at this point. Maybe they are waiting for backup before going in?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here are some videos. 59 arrested so far.

Ekstra Bladet TV: Christiania nedrives (video with no comments)

Ekstra Bladet TV: Politiet lugter af lort (video with comments in danish)
check out the person throwing a bucket of sewage-water at the police near the end of the video

Ekstra Bladet TV: Christianshavn i flammer (video with comments in danish)

[edit on 2007/5/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

A picture og the object causing yesterday's riots.

The house was hastenly rebuild by activists in the early morning hours after yesterdays demolision.

As you can see, more as a provocation than a usable construction.

From politiken.dk...

(yes Hellmutt, they've opened the site again)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A couple of links giving the story in English.

www.cphpost.dk... -- Christiania demolition unleashes havoc
www.cphpost.dk... -- Rioting at Christiania follows demolition

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In a recent report The UN Committee Against Torture criticises the danish police, and some danish politicians from the opposition demands an investigation in order to determine in what way the danish military were involved during the riots in Copenhagen.

The Copenhagen Post: UN rips police and refugee systems

Another problem area for Denmark according to the report was the country's complaint system for complaints against the police. The committee expressed particular concern over allegations of police brutality surrounding protests following the demolition of the Ungdomshuset youth centre and the increasing number of cases where police have been accused of using excessive force.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Politiken.dk: Militæret hjalp ved rydningen af Ungdomshuset (in danish)

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Breaking:

Activists have occupied an art museum in Copenhagen, "Statens Museum for Kunst". That's all there is at the moment. No more details (yet)

Ekstra Bladet: Unge har besat Statens Museum for Kunst (in danish...)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Activists have occupied another house in Copenhagen. They have barricaded themselves, and police in riot gear have surrounded the area. They expect trouble...

Hus besat i København (in danish...)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's now 6:30am in Copenhagen. There were some fires here and there in the streets during the night. They set fire to garbage containers, and not cars this time. Some stones were thrown at the police. At least 34 activists were arrested.

34 anholdt efter uro på Nørrebro (in danish...)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Activists Launching 69 Demos Today

Activists have announced that today they'll launch 69 demonstrations in Copenhagen. Starting from 69 different addresses, all with number 69 in the address. "Ungdomshuset"'s address used to be Jagtvej 69. These demonstrations will according to the activists last for a whole week. They call it: "Aktionsuge 69" ("Action week 69", translated from danish). The activists says: "If the police believe that these actions will turn out 'too chaotic', then they're probably right"... They demand a new house.

Autonome varsler gang i gaderne (in danish...)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Fires In Copenhagen Again

Nørrebro region of Copenhagen was on fire again last night. 1,000 activist went crazy in the streets. Fires everywhere and lots of shops where robbed. 63 were arrested. Right now, angry citizens of Nørrebro are cleaning up...

Nørrebro igen i krig - 63 anholdte (in danish...)

Nørrebro slikker sine sår (in danish...)

Video here:
Nørrebro brændte igen (video)

Another video

September 1st (yesterday)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Great you keep us informed, Hellmutt.

Imo, this is nothing but hoodlums seekimg excitement. Destruction for the cause if destruction. Nothing to build.

Yes, young people are frustrated, more and more, I only wish they'd turn their anger against the real culprits, hiding behind the thick walls of Christiansborg.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
And tonight, September 2nd, a little after 7:30 pm, it will be exactly 200 years since the British started the 3-day bombardment of Copenhagen. More than 2,000 civilians died and 30% of Copenhagen was completely destroyed.

200th Anniversary Of Copenhagen Terror Attack

A little after 7:30 pm... right now it's almost 12 am

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another video from last night. Citizens of Nørrebro trying to put out the many fires. More trouble expected tonight...

Borgere slukker bål i Møllegade (Video)

In about 45 minutes, at 8 pm, The Copenhagen Cathedral/the Church of our Lady will burn again...

Copenhagen Cathedral on fire - A symbolic monument to the terror of the past

As a special part of the commemoration the Copenhagen Cathedral will burn again, when artists from City on Fire 200 years after the bombardment lights up the church with the luminous video installation "Copenhagen Cathedral on Fire".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join