It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots In Copenhagen After Antiterror Unit Cleared Ungdomshuset

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Well this isinteresting. I flagged this thread quickly!

I guess that this basically destroys the idea that 'only crazy muslims riot' when pressured. Since these people are undoubtedly baptised in christian churches, should we be investigating the branches of their Churches in the US, afterall, they're apparently dangerous yahoos.

what an inept point to make- these rioters are not rioting over pictures of Jesus Christ, in fact, they are not rioting over the Bible or Christianity at all.

*pats good little dhimmi on his head*

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A sun center (solarium) was blown up in Copenhagen today. Masked men were seen running from the scene. They have found something they believe might be an additional unexploded explosive.

Solcenter sprængt i luften (in danish...)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's now March 1st in Copenhagen (1:40 am). Today, it's one year ago since this thread was started. Activists are planning demos today for the anniversary. Trouble is expected, and maybe new riots.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Copenhagen today. So far, it's been peaceful demos.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
New riots on Christianshavn (the quarter where Christiania is situated), Copenhagen.

The cause: undercover police attemping an arrest felt it necessary to shot a dog. Now you don\t do that unpunished on Christiania. Result: barricading and fires in the streets followed by the usual looting.

Here's a pic of the dead dog, too harsh to show, you have to click

Articles (in Danish) on the episode and the fighting.

Christianit: Jeg var vidne til politivold
Politiet rykkede ind på Christiania
Kampklare betjente rydder bål ved Christiania

Gonna be a hot spring in Copenhagen AGAIN this year.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow! The Christianites are angry! I don't blame them. The police got hit hard. I wish they would use their resources on some real criminals, instead of shooting peaceful hippies' dogs. There's enough crime in Copenhagen already. We don't need to use the taxpayers money, and have the police create more crime and violence. This is the politicians fault! Stop harrassing Christiania! Leave Christiania alone and fight crime elsewhere in Copenhagen!

Photo: Kristian Linnemann

Politi lokket i bagholdsangreb (in Danish...)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is an example of the "war on drugs" gone wrong. They focus all their resources on Christiania because of Cannabis. Meanwhile, there has never been more heroin, coc aine and ectasy before elsewhere in Copenhagen. I wonder if this was a part of their plan...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Call me a sentimental old fool, but you don't kill a dog on Cristiania, it's the same as shooting a kid. I fully understand their rage. Not only because that dog killed resembles my own.

My dog, Chai

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A policecar set on fire and dumped in a canal. Near Christiania, April 2nd 2008.

Why they're angry.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Someone just uploaded this one to Youtube. Have a look.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Nothing to look on this video except some old footage from old confrontations which we already seen gazillion times before.

Ohhh and btw, the youth has gotten them self a new housing so i really can´t see how this video can be relevant to anyone, since it only shows stills from old situations, and it do not proclaim that they will keep up the demonstrations.

Best regards

Loke.

Ps.

Ungdomshuset´s clearing was just a test to see how people reacted on Police state tactics, and to get an idea on what could happen if they go in on Christiania to clear it. I will answer that in short: Riots will break out over all...

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Loke.]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

The Christiania deal broke down last week. So I'm worried they might end up doing just that...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The users of the house were not a gang !
It was a house given to copenhagens youngsters 30 years ago .. I loved that house . every thursday i went there for dinner . they had concerts there and people could just hang out and be themselves . The majority of the users of the house didnt participate in the violent demonstrations .. instead they did quiet legal demonstrations . they just didnt get attention !
Its sad that a beautiful house had to be ripped down . We miss it !!!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I will also point onto the fact that the house was the place where women´s rights originated from. It was also a house builded by workers from the Union and it was a house which in all its history was a house for the common worker and middleclass people.

This tearing it down was only a charade from the neocons in this country to see how people reacted, if they later on was to try to implement the same idea for www.Christiania.org

Best regards

Loke.

Ps

I foresee a metro station soon to be planned where the house once were.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Latest:

Denmark has to pay 245 activists 800.000 Dkr (Danish kroner), 262 were arrested during an Ungdomshuset demo in September 2006. 251 asked for compensation for being wrongfully arrested, and 245 got it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Faderhuset

The leader of Faderhuset (the fanatic sect who demolished the house), Ruth Evensen, and her disciples, have gone underground. They have isolated themselves completely in a small village on an island. Faderhuset has lost 50 adult members the past six months. Those who escaped have told horror stories about the sect. There are now 40 adult members left in the sect, and they have 40 kids. They have all quit their jobs, quit their educations, taken their kids out of school, and gone underground. They are not allowed to read papers, use the internet or contact the outside world. They are "brainwashed", according to those who escaped and those who have spoken to the sect members. Ruth Evensen's own daughter have written a book about her "psycho" mother and Faderhuset. The kids in Faderhuset are not allowed to contact other kids, and they're not even allowed to go to the toilet alone. Priests have talked to some of the people who have recently escaped from Faderhuset. They say that all they ever talk about in Faderhuset is either about sin, demons or satanic forces. They are convinced that Doomsday is near, and Ruth describes Faderhuset as a sort of Noah's Arch. The priests and others are now deeply concerned about the fate of the remaining members. They fear that they're going to do something crazy, like commit mass suicide or something. They are apparently willing to do anything and everything that Ruth tells them to do, even if they die...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sandholm Camp Now Looks Like A Warzone

"Autonome" (activists) charged on the Sandholm Camp today. It's the home for hundreds of asylum seekers in Denmark. The activists demands that the camp should get closed, and they wanted to "free" the asylum seekers. They claim that it is a rascist and discriminating "prison". They succeeded in cutting a hole in the fence. They were fighting against the police, who used tear gas and many of the activists got arrested. 21 families (asylum seekers) are now evacuated from the camp, to prevent traumas, because the camp now looks like a warzone. Many of the asylum seekers announced before the demo that they didn't want the activists to commit this action. But the activists believed that these asylum seekers had been misinformed, and that this action was "for their own good". Yeah, right... They have probably fled from a warzone somewhere in the world, and now they get a warzone here as well. The action was announced via websites connected to Ungdomshuset's activists.

This video is showing some of the action. The comments are in danish.

Sandholm Camp - Saturday

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Police vs. activists near Christiania. From danish tv news. Comments are in danish.

Here's BBC:
Anti-eviction protests flare in Denmark

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here's a witness describing (in broken english) what happened. Sounds like police brutality to me... Why don't they leave Christiania alone!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here's from CNN.

I also recommend seeing this video from Christiania. A Christiania tour. Christiania minus the police...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join