It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots In Copenhagen After Antiterror Unit Cleared Ungdomshuset

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I have so little respect for them by now. Not just because of what happen around Ungdomshuset but also from everyday life the past 12 years.
Imo main part of our police forces are heavyli influenced by the buddy system rather than being objective and serving the public.

Same goes for politicians for that matter. We might seem like we have a democratic reign but it ends as soon as the votes are counted... nothing that I can prove ofcourse, but it can be felt every day.

It's remarkable that US today pictures Denmark as a rolemodel for a healthy society, when even the basics of democracy are ignored, ie. let the people have great influence on major decissions.

Want an example? How about the EU membership election...
"Oh crap... our people voted no"
- "Just have one more election. We'll feed em some one liners that will tilt the result"

Im danish... and not proud of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Latest report from danish press:

The police was shooting tear gas at the crowd as we all know. However, they made a big mistake. These tear gas grenades they were shooting at the crowd should never have been used against crowds. They are made for shooting through barricades. They could've killed people if they had been hit by them. The police has admitted their mistake and say they used the wrong grenades (Ferret 40mm from Defense Technologies).

TV 2 Nyhederne: Politiet brugte livsfarlig tåregas (in danish)

Ekstra Bladet: Politiet brugte livsfarlig tåregas (in danish)

Photo: Leon Jensen

Defense Technology - Ferret 40mm (pdf file)

DIRECT FIRING THE FERRET AT ANY INDIVIDUAL CAN CAUSE
DEATH OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURY.

[edit on 2007/3/16 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Shocking!!!

Don't get why they blop out with it. Someone exposed it?

Guess they will state this episode as precedense next time they use it.

--Better watch out kids! Next time we'll accidently hit you.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thousands were demonstrating today in Copenhagen, in support of Christiania (and Ungdomshuset - a bit late for that now though...). The police said there were 7,000 people, while others say there were 15,000 people. They marched to a prison where some people are still in jail, because of the riots that started this thread. It was a peaceful demonstration.

Links:

Ekstra Bladet: 7000 demonstrerede for Christiania (in danish)

Kristeligt Dagblad: SES: Aftale med Christiania "meget besværlig" (in danish)

DR: Tusinder i fredelig demonstration (also in danish)

Adressa.no: Tusenvis demonstrerte for Christiania (in norwegian)

VG: Ny stor demonstrasjon i København i dag (in norwegian)

Aftenbladet.no: Tusenvis demonstrerte for Christiania (also in norwegian)

Photo: Thomas Wilmann

Peace

And... Save Christiania!

Btw, there were also 200 people in a mass fight in Stockholm, Sweden, and tens of thousands rioting in Kiev, Ukraine tonight. But that was because of other issues.

[edit on 2007/3/31 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow the right wing christian nut jobs v/s commi squaters..hope the commis's win..we could use a little of that back here state side! the bush youth could stand a good spanking...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The police emptied two houses for activists this weekend. The kids are looking for a new house after Faderhuset demolished their old one. The activists say they still got three other houses in their possession. However, the police haven't found them yet. Or so they say...

Jydske Vestkysten: Autonome: Vi har stadig tre huse (in danish...)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Activists painted Norway's most famous statue in Oslo pink...

Aftenposten: Sinnataggen' turned pink

23 Apr 2007

Vandals once again attacked Norway's arguably most famous and cherished statue over the weekend, painting the angry little boy known as Sinnataggen bright pink.

[---]

A cryptic sign left next to the statue prompted speculation that the vandalism was part of protests over recent destruction of a center for youthful activists in Copenhagen.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The police raided Ungdomshuset's "sister house" (the Blitz-house) in Oslo last night. There were some fires and fighting in the streets of Oslo between the police and the Blitzers. The Blitzers barricaded themselves inside another house in Oslo, Hausmania. The riot police were ready to storm the Hausmania house as well, but they never got the final orders to proceed. Inside the Blitz house they found lots of explosives.

Hausmania

Photo: Harald S. Klungtveit

Dagbladet: Gatebål i Oslo (in norwegian...)

Aftenposten: Politiet stormet Blitz-huset (in norwegian...)

Nettavisen: Politiet stormet Blitz-huset (in norwegian...)

[edit on 2007/4/26 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Someone remind me, why do you support these people?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Someone remind me, why do you support these people?

I don't support these people. Just because I support a few of their causes and agree with them on something, doesn't mean I support them on everything. And just so you know, there are investigations against the police going on in Denmark right now, because of the Copenhagen riots. Police violence and fake reports. The police were even pissing on the ruins of the demolished house (in public!). When people asked the (pissing) police why they were doing this, they replied that they had a very good relationship with the owner of Faderhuset. I'm not sure if they actually got suspended, but there were talks about a possible suspention after their pissing contest. And the guy who got hospitalized in Copenhagen because he according to the police "was allergic to tear gas", was actually beaten up by the police.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't support police arrogance and misconduct and I never have, but some of the comments in this thread seem to come from those who think squatting is the best thing that ever happened to Europe and maybe even the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There's going to be a demo march in Copenhagen on Saturday at 8 pm (GMT+1). And the weathermen says there will be record hot (for April) temperatures during this weekend (30 degrees celsius). Let's see how this turns out...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now in english. They claim that Blitz were planning to use explosives during the ongoing NATO meeting in Oslo.

Aftenposten: Explosives found in Blitz raid

27 Apr 2007

Police say radical youth organization Blitz intended to use explosives in connection with the ongoing NATO meeting in Oslo.

During the demo yesterday in Oslo, police used tear gas and 260 protesters were arrested.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

There's going to be a demo march in Copenhagen on Saturday

Yup, there were some rioting. Fires in the streets, breaking of windows, throwing stuff at the police, etc. But the police didn't arrest anyone or fight back this time. At least not yet. Right now it's almost 1 am in Copenhagen.

Ekstra Bladet: Smadrede ruder og bål på Frederiksberg (in danish...)

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Granted, the police's actions were completely unacceptable, but should not squatting and the whole something-for-nothing parasitic attitude be condemned also?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
"The squatters" were given the right to use the house in 1982, but they didn't get the house to own, only to use. They've been using it ever since. Then all of a sudden the authorities decided to sell the house to a fundamental religious sect who wanted to destroy the house. Then they became "squatters" when the new owners wanted them out so they could destroy the house. The "squatters" asked to buy the house back for a reasonable price, but the sect didn't want to sell it to them.

This house was holy for many, and it had a history. I.e. the international Women's Day was decided in that house and it was a feminist HQ for many years. And another example: Lenin attended a meeting in that house. This house was holy for "leftists" and for feminists (and not just in Denmark). It was a "problem" that these youths were "different". They also smoked weed, and for some people they behaved very "un-Christian". It was an experimental house and a sort of "free place" for many who didn't fit into the established society. Just because they destroyed the house doesn't mean these people are now going to be "saved", dress in "normal" clothes and stop smoking weed all of a sudden, and maybe even become Christians. In fact they are very pissed now. I don't agree with their political views, but I understand why they are angry.

Christiania is another "free place" in Copenhagen the authorities want to destroy. Hands off, I say! There's a difference though. The property of Christiania is owned by the Danish state and not by the authorities of Copenhagen.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The squatters did not pay the rent they agreed to pay. The wikipedia article, regardless of its pro-squatter tone, made no bones about this.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

The squatters did not pay the rent they agreed to pay. The wikipedia article, regardless of its pro-squatter tone, made no bones about this.

The wikipedia article says:

a refusal from the inhabitants to pay the rent agreed upon in the original contract citation needed

I've never lived in the house and I don't know if this is true or not. It's wiki, and even wiki states that this particular information is unreliable. Hovering the mouse on "citation needed" brings up: "This claim needs references from reliable sources since April 2007".

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Aftenposten: Explosives found in Blitz raid

27 Apr 2007

Police say radical youth organization Blitz intended to use explosives in connection with the ongoing NATO meeting in Oslo.

Check this out. I guess they'll need to build more concentration camps, so they can lock up all these "terrorists"...

Wikipedia: Ungdomshuset

Since the police did not have the material means to detain so much people, many of them were transported to the Fyn island or in the Jylland. A penitentiary building of Copenhagen had to be partially emptied of its common law detainees to make place for the arrested youth. From March 10 to March 19, Norrebro and Christianshavn were decreted zones where any citizen could be searched and registered on data bases, including in lack of any suspicions.

[---]

According to professor Lars Dencik, from the University of Roskilde, the Danish state used the opportunity of this evacuation to test its anti-terrorist security forces (as any other opportunity, or real danger, was inexistent)

and

Aftenposten: US criticizes Norwegian police

The report also raised concerns that the anti-terrorism law limits the definition of conspiracy, which could weaken the law's effectiveness.

emphasis mine...

I guess Denmark might get a medal for their efforts...

And now the police in Germany have made some raids against left-wing "terrorists" in Germany.

From today:
Spiegel: Germany Raids Leftist 'Terrorists' Ahead of G-8 Summit

May 09, 2007

Security officials have carried out a series of raids on left-wing organizations across Germany, saying radicals are plotting violent attacks during the upcoming G-8 summit.

What to make of all this? I won't be surprised if they start building concentration camps in these countries soon. And citizens might be searched and registered in data bases without any suspicions. Just like good ol' nazi-Germany...

Or maybe they are really terrorists? After all, that's what they say. So it must be true, right?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Am I the only one seeing a conspiracy here? They're going to arrest as many as possible, so they can complain about "overcrowded" prisons.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join