It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

LONDON -- Britain’s Prince Charles suggested Tuesday on a visit to the United Arab Emirates that banning McDonald's fast food was crucial for improving people's diets, a British news agency reported.

Charles's comments came while visiting the Imperial College London Diabetes Center in Abu Dhabi for the launch of a public health campaign, Britain's Press Association news agency reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Prince Charles can bite my big fat Big Mac!

Who died and made him the food god?

[edit on 2/28/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
One look at the royal family will show you the devastating effects of not eating an occasional Mickey Dee's. Horse faces and buck teeth...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's quite puzzling that he is specifically blaming it to Mc Donald’s when there are other more food far labeled as "junk food”. Some even have documented evidence and well educated studies.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Good,
Maybe all you fat, oily buttber balls who choke up welfare payments because theye are to damn heavy to get off the couch will start looking at themselves in a mirror.

I was disgusted when i went to disney world in florida, to see so many obese people chowing down on unhealthy, rancid oil burgers.

Hell i saw people who wernt EVEN fat using those gopher things to ride around in..

for christ sake,
This crap food they feed you, and charge you for is the worst creation, its like cigerettes..

you want it, because the chemicals make you addicted to it.
You refuse to go without it, because your manipulative brains have fallen for it.

I saw go Charles...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Bless him.

You just got to love HRH The Clown Prince Charles.

Married to one of the most beautiful and loved women in the world, he still shags a horse and then marries her, after his wife conveniently dies.

He is one of the richest men in the world, yet he ups the rent his tennent farmeres have to pay, whilst working on his exorbitantly priced 'Duchy' products.

The man is a joke and one of the reasons we should do what France did and abolish the monarchy permanently - but obviously not with Madam Guillotine

[edit on 28-2-2007 by fritz]

[edit on 28-2-2007 by fritz]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Good,
Maybe all you fat, oily buttber balls who choke up welfare payments because theye are to damn heavy to get off the couch will start looking at themselves in a mirror.

Hey man, no need for that kind of talk! Lighten up. When people say "America" they think "McDonalds". It's part of our culture.

you want it, because the chemicals make you addicted to it.
You refuse to go without it, because your manipulative brains have fallen for it.

I saw go Charles...

You got no right to say that. Many Americans are moving to a healthier lifestyle. Cities, including NYC, have banned the use of trans-fats.

So, why you coming down so hard on us?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
wow, just bought the sun (im in the uk, have not slept and therefore a bit out of it....) anyway, i dont see why prince charles has authority on these matters. erm, macdonalds has never been particularly healthy... has he only just learned of the existance of fast food? why today?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
He is one of the richest men in the world, yet he ups the rent his tennent farmeres have to pay, whilst working on his exorbitantly priced 'Duchy' products.

Is that right? If so, it is truly amazing. He should just give them free and clear title to the land that they work. What does he need the money for, anyway? It sounds like the old days of fiefdom and serfdom...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
ok, im not particularly a fan of the royal family.... but rent has gone up everywhere... my landloard just told us we have to pay more deposit (we gave our deposit last year)... ummm anyway, charles does have a lot of money, doesnt mean he doesn't want more. this doesnt have a lot to do with how he feels about macdonalds.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yeah, but he doesn't need the money, does he? Don't the Brits pay for the royal family's lifestyle? Why raise the rent?

He's a grubber, and his opinions re McD's should be discounted as such.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Generally, I think the Brits are smart, intelligent people, but I have no idea why they hold on to the so outdated idea of a hereditary monarchy.

Throw the bums out I say!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i don't really see the link between how being a royal makes the fact that eating junk food kills you slowly "untrue"

sidenote : we're also an "outdated hereditary (but constitutional, like the UK) monarchy " and we're doing fine thank you

difficult to explain if you aren't born under such a system but it contributes greatly the the unity of a country's people , behind a regent, and not a bunch of corrupt and power hungry politicians (which we have too), less divide

anyway back to topic the UK has a huge prob with junk food and that's a fact , and the rest of Europe is slowly but surely following

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yeah only a bunch of corrupt politicians. But only a small bunch!
I guess they aren't even sitting in important positions anyway, so it doesn't matter. We can now mentally hang back into our couch and the "Good" will win with a fingersnip. Will do.

How hypocritical Charles sounds with his statement. It's "La comedia divina", by Dante D'alighieri.. or whatever. As if the problems on this world consisted only of Mc-Donalds discussions.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by asala]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
lol I don't know why the usual crowd is getting so up tight about Charles's comments. They're his own personal views and he has about as much say in Britain's affairs as the US Congress does in America's

[edit on 28/2/07 by subz]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
How funny...

You notice you guys are telling him what he is or isn't allowed to say? Surely he has the right to his own opinion just like anyone else and you have your right to disagree? But none of you have the right to silence this man and his view.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Generally, I think the Brits are smart, intelligent people, but I have no idea why they hold on to the so outdated idea of a hereditary monarchy.

Throw the bums out I say!

It alows us to protest agaist the government , whilst not being labeled "unpatriotic". Something US citizens, given the last few years experience, can't do.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
McDonalds is junk food fact.. In the UAE Diabetes is very very high and I wonder why! due to the fact that Dubai is plagued by a road side made up of McDonalds Burger King and Hardies!

Ever wandered into a hospital over there Type 2 Diabetes is growing each year.. again wonder why? Junk Food...!

Prince Charles by making that remark I believe is voicing what a great percentage of people in the world want to happen! how can people stand the quality of food that is being made let alone the price that we pay... And im not taking money here im talking health!

Carry on eating your Big Macs or whatever else you want to eat that is labelled "Junk food" when you end up in hospital with Diabetes later in life I assure you that you had followed his words and taken action in helping change the eating habits of the western world! Take Japan for example all the choices of food the goodness of food in supermarkets... the choice of drinks in their vending machines "teas" not all "coke and Pepsi"

We are living off Chips/Burger King/ McDonalds/ hardies/Pizza.... funding these big consumer giants so that they can keep churning the wheel and making us fatter and fatter then we get diet pills or crash dieters, or even surgery to correct the problem.. I say go to the problem itself Change peoples diets!

Charles was right to voice his opinion, if you see people who are ill and there is such a simple solution do it!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I watched 'The Wright Stuff' today on Brit TV Channel 5 and Len Goodman from 'Come Dancing' read out an article about one of the 'Duchy' products.

The humble Cornish Pasty - a much loved delicasy, and one of HRH's favourites, contains more fat, sugar and salt than in a MacD's.

Pot, kettle, black, springs to mind!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Surely that all depends on who makes the pasty.. homemade ones.. you decide how much salt you use! homemade vegtables... sounds good to me.. not this meat thats injected with proteins and processed by the dozen! Its horrible to even imagine what you are swollowing these days, Id go back to growing my own food safer that way!

make your own food grow your own veg.... organic farming! rid the world of mutated food, does more harm than good i believe!

However i agree if MCDonalds or other foodchains wernt around and Pasty shops were the norm for "fast food" then we would be taking about lowing the salt levels in these foods as well... its just a matter of fact that more people today in our society are eating MCdonalds etc which maybe is a high contributer to peoples illnesses... and we can do something about it.. People dont know any better if they are not told espically children, the next generation need to learn how to look after their bodies by what they shove into their mouths!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join