It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
She is known to like Rats so please proceed with caution if you plan on eating at her house. You have been warned, I saw her shopping at Taco Bell in NYS on Monday.

I love the littler vermin in Taco Bell but I would never harm them, I have always enjoy good cooking my mother said that the difference between me and other is that I actually enjoy it
and take my time choosing the best products.

You will become an addict like many of my husband friends are if you eat my food.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I never liked McDonalds anyway, good for him. I don't eat fast food anymore. McDonalds gives America a bad name.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I love the littler vermin in Taco Bell but I would never harm them, I have always enjoy good cooking my mother said that the difference between me and other is that I actually enjoy it
and take my time choosing the best products.

You will become an addict like many of my husband friends are if you eat my food.

Its good people like you marg that makes our country still good. You love gods creatures and know how to cook. I wish I was a friend of your husbands so I could enjoy one them fine marg-burgers.

Keep cookin homestyle!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Any news on this? Has Charlie appologised yet? Or ceased production?

www.thisislondon.co.uk...'s+unhealthier+than+a+Big+Mac/article.do

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And we wonder why infinite supports a British Republic..

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why should he apologise? He hasn't done anything wrong!

And it's not really hypocrisy anyway because he doesn't go round shoving his corporate 'Big Happy Pasties' in children's faces to try and get them addicted to it does he? You don't hear of people being obese because all they eat is pasties for each meal. That's what's wrong with McDonalds.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Why should he apologise? He hasn't done anything wrong!

He has,
The British Monarch and the Royal Family are not meant to have a political opinion. This is what it is. Charles is too outspoken and that is why he will never be accepted as King.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Its good people like you marg that makes our country still good. You love gods creatures and know how to cook. I wish I was a friend of your husbands so I could enjoy one them fine marg-burgers.

Keep cooking homestyle!

Thanks loneGunMan, I have never been able to find anything tasty on any of those fast food burgers.
I always like to know exactly what goes inside and outside my food.

People have no clue that when it comes to ground beef it depends from where and what kind of meat you get that is the flavor you are going to have and quality.

Ground beef is not just ground beef, but I know that fast food uses the least expensive and lowest quality beef to get those burgers so cheap, ground beef is made from the less tender and less popular cuts of beef..

But you can always buy your own chunk of beef from a good cut and grind it yourself for the best results but to make it tender it does needs some of the cheaper cuts to be mixed.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My sincere thanks gatordone, the pasty link has made my day.

... and this is the man who wants more of a political role for the Monarchy. Good grief.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
Britain’s Prince Charles suggested that banning McDonald's fast food was crucial for improving people's diets

The most sensible thing he ever said.

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If McDonalds were to be banned, just about everything would also have to be banned.

Candy
Chocolate
Caffeine
Sugar
Water
Oxygen
The Sun
Being alive (the leading cause of death on the planet)

Anything and everything in excess can and will kill you. McDonalds is no different. Done so responsibly, one can have a balanced diet and healthy body without eliminating fast food.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Then they better be ready to set up the clinics needed to handle all the withdrawl symptons everyone would be going thru.

Then they would have to set up a McD.E.A. to enforce the laws. You would have mules bring in Big Mac's.

You would have to go to the shaddy corners of London to score some fries.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Anything and everything in excess can and will kill you. McDonalds is no different. Done so responsibly, one can have a balanced diet and healthy body without eliminating fast food.

In my opinion it goes way beyond health. We need to take the greedy mindless for profit kind of mindset and rein that baby in. If we dont take these steps everyplace in the world will become inhuman screw whats good for people if its good for profit mindset.

Is this really how you want to live?

The pendalum will swing back because we are of nature and mother nature doesnt like cancerous growth. She see's that nail that sticks up and hits it with a HUGE hammer. Either we fix ourselves or wait for the great enema.

Learn To Swim

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Uhm... what's good for the people usually is good for profit...

Why do you think McDonalds started offering salads? Because salads have a greater profit margin? Or because they started losing business due to increasing awareness of the nurtitional value of fast food?

Learn marketing.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Good,
Maybe all you fat, oily buttber balls who choke up welfare payments because theye are to damn heavy to get off the couch will start looking at themselves in a mirror.

Hey man, no need for that kind of talk! Lighten up. When people say "America" they think "McDonalds". It's part of our culture.

you want it, because the chemicals make you addicted to it.
You refuse to go without it, because your manipulative brains have fallen for it.

I saw go Charles...

You got no right to say that. Many Americans are moving to a healthier lifestyle. Cities, including NYC, have banned the use of trans-fats.

So, why you coming down so hard on us?

Exactly. It's like when an American thinks of Japan they think of anime and karaoke. It's just what people know about. And I don't think it's the job of the government to tell me what I can eat. I do think the government should have companies who make food tell us what is in the food so we as the person can make proper choices for our individual self. And plus I've known people who are skinny as a rail and eat tons of fatty type of foods and never gain anything and than I remember when I was in high school the jocks would eat fatty stuff for when they later go to the gym. I don't agree with banning of something like that with food but I do think people should be encouraged to be healthier and be active but if people choose not to than you can't make them. There will be other foods that they can eat and gain weight from later on so are they going to ban that food too?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Uhm... what's good for the people usually is good for profit...

Why do you think McDonalds started offering salads? Because salads have a greater profit margin? Or because they started losing business due to increasing awareness of the nurtitional value of fast food?

Learn marketing.

I know marketing. You think the world is in good shape do you?

How is the pollution doing in Kansas City? Did you like that chemical fire?

One day you may evolve beyond the material and become more spiritual. I have been a car salesman, owned 3 different businesses, been to college for marketing and have been in YOUR shoes with YOUR mindset.

I grew up.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82

Exactly. It's like when an American thinks of Japan they think of anime and karaoke. It's just what people know about. And I don't think it's the job of the government to tell me what I can eat. I do think the government should have companies who make food tell us what is in the food so we as the person can make proper choices for our individual self. And plus I've known people who are skinny as a rail and eat tons of fatty type of foods and never gain anything and than I remember when I was in high school the jocks would eat fatty stuff for when they later go to the gym. I don't agree with banning of something like that with food but I do think people should be encouraged to be healthier and be active but if people choose not to than you can't make them. There will be other foods that they can eat and gain weight from later on so are they going to ban that food too?

Then legalize all drugs. Have a clerk sell it and have warning labels on the stuff.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
How funny...

You notice you guys are telling him what he is or isn't allowed to say? Surely he has the right to his own opinion just like anyone else and you have your right to disagree? But none of you have the right to silence this man and his view.

That's not the problem you see. The problem isn't his opinion. The problem people are objecting to are him wanting his opinion to be law and people disagree with that.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

How funny...

You notice you guys are telling him what he is or isn't allowed to say? Surely he has the right to his own opinion just like anyone else and you have your right to disagree? But none of you have the right to silence this man and his view.

No he doesnt and we do have the right to silence him,
Royal Family members and the Monarch are not allowed to express a political opinion that does not represent the view of the government.

He and his family are not elected by us and are non-partisan

[edit on 28-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
McDonalds is junk food fact.. In the UAE Diabetes is very very high and I wonder why! due to the fact that Dubai is plagued by a road side made up of McDonalds Burger King and Hardies!

Ever wandered into a hospital over there Type 2 Diabetes is growing each year.. again wonder why? Junk Food...!

Prince Charles by making that remark I believe is voicing what a great percentage of people in the world want to happen! how can people stand the quality of food that is being made let alone the price that we pay... And im not taking money here im talking health!

Carry on eating your Big Macs or whatever else you want to eat that is labelled "Junk food" when you end up in hospital with Diabetes later in life I assure you that you had followed his words and taken action in helping change the eating habits of the western world! Take Japan for example all the choices of food the goodness of food in supermarkets... the choice of drinks in their vending machines "teas" not all "coke and Pepsi"

We are living off Chips/Burger King/ McDonalds/ hardies/Pizza.... funding these big consumer giants so that they can keep churning the wheel and making us fatter and fatter then we get diet pills or crash dieters, or even surgery to correct the problem.. I say go to the problem itself Change peoples diets!

Charles was right to voice his opinion, if you see people who are ill and there is such a simple solution do it!

But that doesn't stop hospitals, at least here in America I know for sure, that have McDonalds and Pizza Hut in their hopsitals. When my grandfather was dying in cancer I got to visit with him while he was dying and my immediate family and I ate at the cafeteria and there was lots of fatty type of food from the pizza to chicken nuggets with lots of sauces etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join