It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, When will you ever learn? It is not McDonald's fault; tis the fault of people who eat there. McDonald's does not force feed anyone so kindly pay attention in the future OK?

And whilst you are at it put your wife on a diet, thank you.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You know what I like about America? Dunkin' Donuts. That's because McD's stops selling breakfast at about 10:30, but I can get a croissant with sausage egg and cheese any time, nite or day at Dunks. Works great for those days that I don't roll out of bed until 2PM.

God Bless America! Stick that in your crumpet, Charlie!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Next there will be people in the third world making your burgers! I suggest we all think about who just is this third world! Amercia? England? Europe? The Middle East? Africa? maybe the third world already are making your bugers, maybe we think so highly of ourselves/our country that we havnt realised that we are third world in many ways! We all have a long way to go before we learn from our mistakes, we are all children of this earth with our eyes wide open , not mouths wide open chomping.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

you want it, because the chemicals make you addicted to it.
You refuse to go without it, because your manipulative brains have fallen for it.

I saw go Charles...

Painting us with a pretty darn big brush, aren't you? Yes, there are many Americans who are overweight and unhealthy and eat crap all the time. However, there are also many Americans who follow healthy diets, exercise regularly, and work hard at teaching their children this lifestyle.

My wife and I follow very strict diets and carve out time in our week to work out at a gym or take long walks. We also force good eating habits on our children. When we do take them to a 'fast food' place (which is not very often), it is used as a reward for school progress, etc.

Your post was full of generalities and spite and has done nothing to promote any type of proper discussion. Although mine hasn't either; since you lobbed a grenade, I'm going to send one right back to you.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, When will you ever learn? It is not McDonald's fault; tis the fault of people who eat there. McDonald's does not force feed anyone so kindly pay attention in the future OK?

And whilst you are at it put your wife on a diet, thank you.

HAHAHA.... if there was no McDonalds people wouldnt eat it..! think what Charlies was doing was trying to take the bottle of poision out of the child smouth before they swollow it.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

you want it, because the chemicals make you addicted to it.
You refuse to go without it, because your manipulative brains have fallen for it.

I saw go Charles...

Painting us with a pretty darn big brush, aren't you? Yes, there are many Americans who are overweight and unhealthy and eat crap all the time. However, there are also many Americans who follow healthy diets, exercise regularly, and work hard at teaching their children this lifestyle.

My wife and I follow very strict diets and carve out time in our week to work out at a gym or take long walks. We also force good eating habits on our children. When we do take them to a 'fast food' place (which is not very often), it is used as a reward for school progress, etc.

Your post was full of generalities and spite and has done nothing to promote any type of proper discussion. Although mine hasn't either; since you lobbed a grenade, I'm going to send one right back to you.

im not generlising.. and im not just talking about America! why would i do that? the world eats Fast food not just America! lol... some people do exercise do eat healthly and thats great! but some of us dont... its their right you say? if so then let them die???? let them indanger their health.. what if you could help them? take away what is making some of these people ill? help them out! that is what im saying...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

We also force good eating habits on our children. When we do take them to a 'fast food' place (which is not very often), it is used as a reward for school progress, etc.

using "Fast food" as a reward isnt really on my trail of thought to be a good reward, i understand it as my father used to take me for a Mcdonalds when i did well at school to and i loved it, but it only taught me that when i do more good things i get fed Big macs... so i wanted to please my parents and get a tasty reward... A child in my opinion might grow up in believing that being rewarded a McDonalds must mean that this food is good or why would they be getting it if its not?

So long as they know its bad for you i guess its ok. should just be told how incredibly bad they are for you then have the choice,its all about education and then giving them choices...

No disrespect to you at all... but I really think that rewarding someone something that is bad for them isnt a good rule to tick by. sorry

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You know what I like about America? Dunkin' Donuts. That's because McD's stops selling breakfast at about 10:30, but I can get a croissant with sausage egg and cheese any time, nite or day at Dunks. Works great for those days that I don't roll out of bed until 2PM.

DUNKIE JUNKIES UNITE!!!!!!

Seriously though, if people have such a huge problem with getting fat from eating McDonalds.................DON'T EAT IT! When are people going to start holding themselves accountable for their own damn actions? Mickey D's isn't the only thing making people fat....it's the lack of exercise, poor diet, and lack of getting off their patooty.

Let's also get rid of escalators due to the fact that they encourage laziness, and also beer...it does have calories you know! Sheeeesh!

BTW....it's awesome to get 2 double cheeseburgers for 2 bucks, take it home and watch the game on TV!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps

DUNKIE JUNKIES UNITE!!!!!!

Seriously though, if people have such a huge problem with getting fat from eating McDonalds.................DON'T EAT IT! When are people going to start holding themselves accountable for their own damn actions? Mickey D's isn't the only thing making people fat....it's the lack of exercise, poor diet, and lack of getting off their patooty.

Let's also get rid of escalators due to the fact that they encourage laziness, and also beer...it does have calories you know! Sheeeesh!

BTW....it's awesome to get 2 double cheeseburgers for 2 bucks, take it home and watch the game on TV!

People being accountable for their own actions! lol!!! are we really having the assessible choice to eat healthly.. fast food.. is it a burger or a sandwich? a tastless sandwich or a lovely big buger! we need educating and given healthier alternatives!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
People being accountable for their own actions! lol!!! are we really having the assessible choice to eat healthly.. fast food.. is it a burger or a sandwich? a tastless sandwich or a lovely big buger! we need educating and given healthier alternatives!

God forbid you go home and cook something for yourself! You want a big tasty burger, but you want it to be healthy? Go to the store, buy some ground turkey..go home and cook it..put fresh veggies or light dressing or fat free cheese or whatever you want on it!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There now you have gone and done it. Time to make a Dunkin Run, YUM YUM

I hate crumpets too!! Oh and they can take their fish and chips and you know what with them, although I do have to admit I love the Irish Pasties.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hey man, no need for that kind of talk! Lighten up. When people say "America" they think "McDonalds". It's part of our culture.

So, why you coming down so hard on us?

I havnt got much further than here in this thread and I have to say I dont know becuase the rest of the world is starting to regurgitate on our desease of our corporate, greedy way of life? Maybe people are "fed up" with our Mc world (fed up :lol
look at our once beautiful way of mom and pop stores accross the country of a little bit of uniqueness in everyone. Now its Applebees, Bob Evans, Ponderosa, Home Depot, Lowes and the cake topper Wal-Mart! Even a share of our people are becoming a bunch of made in hollywood personalities that regurgitate movie factiods, and one liners.

God save us from our money grubbing selves there is so much more to life!

Sory for the rant I havnt had enough coffee.

Edit to fixed my end quote thingie

[edit on 28-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I eat at McDonald's maybe once every five years on average. They could put one on every corner and it would not change my dietary habits one iota.

[edit on 2007/2/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I eat at McDonald's maybe once every five years on average. They could put one on every corner and it would change my dietary habits one iota.

Good deal. Makes the scenery so nice too!

So if it is a personal choice what we put in our bodies and what we do with our bodies (we know whats is best for us) then you should not have problem with cannibis being legalised?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
Seriously though, if people have such a huge problem with getting fat from eating McDonalds.................DON'T EAT IT!

Well by the look of things, most of the commenters here don't eat it anyway.
We're just worried that fast food chains promote unhealthy lifestyles.
It's easy to say don't eat it, but some people are taken in by advertising more than others.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
JUNK FOOD BANNED IN THE USA!
Massive riots break out acroos the country. 5 mins later, protesters collapse due to exhaustion/obesity. Riot police stationed in front of every McDonalds, pepper spray only increases protester zeal; protesters demand to be shot at w/ salt guns and potato guns.

CIA begins massive Junk food smuggling operation to fund black ops. Obesity deemed 'hip' and 'sexy' by hollywood and the mainstream media. Obese homeless people create massive sidewalk congestion problems.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by freakyty]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
He almost looks at himself as responsible for his people .... Anyways ... A BIG ANYWAYS ... This will go over well with some people ... Not so good with the more AMericanized people ... They want to be in CONTROL ... Which is what most americans have much to much of .... The ideal that they should always be in control when in reality there are much smarter people then them in this world .... Especially the decision makers of this country ... OH LORD I just stirred up a storm ...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My home made burgers Ala marg style will beat any fast food trash anytime

So the comments of Prince Charles doesn't bother me a bit, perhaps if people take the time to enjoy the rewarding feeling of cooking their own food and become masters of their own destiny and Culinary arts we will not be in the mess of the obese epidemic like we are now.

Good for Prince Charles

People needs to learn what that room in the house with a funny looking appliance with burners is all about.

"Is for cooking food" !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

One look at the royal family will show you the devastating effects of not eating an occasional Mickey Dee's. Horse faces and buck teeth...

Thats from inbreeding.

I actually agree with him.

I would take it one step further and ban ALL fast food restaurants.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My home made burgers Ala marg style will beat any fast food trash anytime

Warning Do not Eat at Margs

She is known to like Rats,I saw her shopping at Taco Bell in NYC on Monday. so please proceed with caution if you plan on eating at her house. You have been warned,

[edit on 2/28/2007 by shots]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join