It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
How is the pollution doing in Kansas City? Did you like that chemical fire?

... and that anything to do with this because... ?

I grew up.

So your age means you have the right to take your opinion about the choices others make and force that opinion onto the ability of others to make similar choices?

You preach in support of legalizing marijuana yet you also support the banishment of fast food? Don't you see the problem here?

If fast food is that terrible, it will either go extinct or adapt. Mother nature at her best, if you will.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
I guess banning is a bit extreme... but its made people talk about it right! its making people aware of this situation with the publics health relating to its food consumption.

At least provide more places to order "fast food healthy food" than the continuation of opening more buger joints! Less off the Junk more of the option to beable to eat healthy and that is accessible to the public like McD's or likewise!

I agree. That's why I like places like Panera Bread and Ryan's where you can choose to eat healthy foods or not. There should be the option of both because different people have different ways of how their bodies react towards food Sometimes I just like a good burder and coke and other times I like unsweet tea and a salad. People should be able to choose.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fast food doesn't need to be banished, people are the ones that should grew up and learn how to make better and healthier choices for their own good and their own well being. . .

If you will actually sit down and read the contents of the food you are about to eat in a fast food joint probably you will gag and leave the food untouched. . .

But that will take some time from people and that required people to become knowledgeable of food and dietary requirements and people to get in touch with their individual bodies and what they really need and what they are lacking. . .

Is easier to drive through a fast food window that to think about what they are putting into their bodies. . .

We live in a fast pace world and we are forgetting how to take care of ourselves.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

So your age means you have the right to take your opinion about the choices others make and force that opinion onto the ability of others to make similar choices?

Age has nothing to do with it.

You preach in support of legalizing marijuana yet you also support the banishment of fast food? Don't you see the problem here?

That was a parable. Dont you see the problem of setting one standard and ignoring another? Think outside the box.

If fast food is that terrible, it will either go extinct or adapt. Mother nature at her best, if you will.

Like war, or nuclear weapons, or toxic waste? Depends on the spin masters you have already convined yourself these things are good because they SOLD YOU on it!

[edit on 28-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps

Originally posted by jsobecky
You know what I like about America? Dunkin' Donuts. That's because McD's stops selling breakfast at about 10:30, but I can get a croissant with sausage egg and cheese any time, nite or day at Dunks. Works great for those days that I don't roll out of bed until 2PM.

God Bless America! Stick that in your crumpet, Charlie!

DUNKIE JUNKIES UNITE!!!!!!

Seriously though, if people have such a huge problem with getting fat from eating McDonalds.................DON'T EAT IT! When are people going to start holding themselves accountable for their own damn actions? Mickey D's isn't the only thing making people fat....it's the lack of exercise, poor diet, and lack of getting off their patooty.

Let's also get rid of escalators due to the fact that they encourage laziness, and also beer...it does have calories you know! Sheeeesh!

BTW....it's awesome to get 2 double cheeseburgers for 2 bucks, take it home and watch the game on TV!

I'm a Dunkin junky as well but we don't have them anymore sadly. I used to love to go by there every once in a while and get those donuts with the sprinkles on it. I miss those. I agree that you just shouldn't eat it. I'm sure if enough people wouldn't eat it they would have to change their format of food offerings. I do agree that people should try to walk instead of an esculator and I've been doing that myself lately and even just a little walk like that helps.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82

Exactly. It's like when an American thinks of Japan they think of anime and karaoke. It's just what people know about. And I don't think it's the job of the government to tell me what I can eat. I do think the government should have companies who make food tell us what is in the food so we as the person can make proper choices for our individual self. And plus I've known people who are skinny as a rail and eat tons of fatty type of foods and never gain anything and than I remember when I was in high school the jocks would eat fatty stuff for when they later go to the gym. I don't agree with banning of something like that with food but I do think people should be encouraged to be healthier and be active but if people choose not to than you can't make them. There will be other foods that they can eat and gain weight from later on so are they going to ban that food too?

Then legalize all drugs. Have a clerk sell it and have warning labels on the stuff.

Well medicine sometimes has a lot of sugar stuff in it as well so are you going to ban that too? Somehow I doubt it. I remember when I was a little kid I would take some medicine when I got a cold or flu or what have you and that medicine would be very sweet and sugary. Somehow I don't think you're going to ban that cough syrup stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I never liked McDonalds anyway, good for him. I don't eat fast food anymore. McDonalds gives America a bad name.

So because you don't eat there it's acceptable to ban it? What if they banned a place you frequented?? What if they decided some favorite drink or food of yours should be banned?

I don't eat McDonald's either but that doesn't mean I would support a ban of it here in the US.

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Dont you see the problem of setting one standard and ignoring another?

Don't you?

Like war, or nuclear weapons, or toxic waste? Depends on the spin masters you have already convined yourself these things are good because they SOLD YOU on it!

Uhm... yes. Eventually we should be without war, the threat of nuclear weapons, and toxic waste. What's your point? Or do you even have one anymore?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Uhm... yes. Eventually we should be without war, the threat of nuclear weapons, and toxic waste. What's your point? Or do you even have one anymore?

Yes but it is beyond you current point of being and understanding.

We are not here for material gain, we are here to learn the singularity.

Tell me. How can you have drugs that are bad for you illegal but its a no no to hold back a corporation selling you bad food or bad pharmicuticals? Do you understand the matrix you hav trapped yourself in? Turn off the TV.

Oh and I almost forgot.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral
wow, just bought the sun (im in the uk, have not slept and therefore a bit out of it....) anyway, i dont see why prince charles has authority on these matters. erm, macdonalds has never been particularly healthy... has he only just learned of the existance of fast food? why today?

Authority? He doesn't. But he may have your best interests at heart.

Just got back from the grocery, the tabloids at the checkout are saying that Camilla is dying, from cancer. If she is, that's sad. If it's a typical tab exaggeration (or fiction even), the headlines might answer the question Why now? She was probably visiting some sick.

And this is nothing new for Chuck, he has his staff on bicycles now, remember?

How can you be him and not be conscious of the public? (how's that for singularity?)

[edit on 28-2-2007 by psyopswatcher]

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes but it is beyond you current point of being and understanding.

We are not here for material gain, we are here to learn the singularity.

Tell me. How can you have drugs that are bad for you illegal but its a no no to hold back a corporation selling you bad food or bad pharmicuticals? Do you understand the matrix you hav trapped yourself in? Turn off the TV.

Point of being? Learn the singularity? Are you high right now?

Drugs are not illegal because they are "bad for you." Beyond the political reasons, most drugs are illegal because of the high probability that harm will come to others... the users friends, family, or anyone they may encounter.

Eating a Big Mac won't make you beat your wife. Chowing on some fries while driving isn't a sure fire way to get someone killed (although some apparently think it is).

Shooting some meth has a good chance of making you think raping your ex-girlfriend, the mother of your child, is a great idea.

I speak from personal experience on that last one, so I have zero compassion for anyone who makes that choice.

So... obviously... comparing fast food to drugs is a very very bad comparison.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
he could have summed it up by simply saying "don't eat *snip*"

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Drugs are not illegal because they are "bad for you." Beyond the political reasons, most drugs are illegal because of the high probability that harm will come to others... the users friends, family, or anyone they may encounter.

Eating a Big Mac won't make you beat your wife. Chowing on some fries while driving isn't a sure fire way to get someone killed (although some apparently think it is).

Good points.

Oh, and LoneGunMan, will you please stop posting your picture with every one of your responses?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Shooting some meth has a good chance of making you think raping your ex-girlfriend, the mother of your child, is a great idea.

I speak from personal experience on that last one, so I have zero compassion for anyone who makes that choice.

Really? When was the last time someone beat there wife because they smoked some pot (I cant smoke pot dude I am fire/rescue) never unless they were already nuts. Drugs are illegal to feed the coffers and have bigger government.

You shot up meth and raped the mother of your child? What is wrong with you?
No wonder so many of your posts are nasty little tidbits fom an Orwellien hell.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Good points.

Oh, and LoneGunMan, will you please stop posting your picture with every one of your responses?

Was that a personal attack?

Sorry what do you do for YOUR community friend? I didnt see one good point he made in any bit of his post. If you want becky I can post a link that will cause you to blow a fuse.

Hint it has to do with valentines day.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This seems like a largely posted subject so I apologize if this was already mentioned but here's my two cents...

To me the "real" conspiracy is why McDonald’s makes such unhealthy food to begin with. Not only does McDonald’s sell “billions n billions” but they also produce their “processed” food for a major majority of the US’s public schools too!

The key word is “processed.” This form of “solvent green” is purposely produced and distributed. If any have seen “Super Size Me” you would realize this garbage is poison, pure and simple.

And the marketing… don’t get me started. My 1st child would scream, “DONALD’S!” at 16 months, solely from watching “Barney” on PBS no less.

I personnally stopped eating any and all fastfood and as much processed food as possible two years ago this month. I still eat as many burgers, only hand made from purchased ground beef. I lost 30lbs. and feel great. Not bad for a C4/5 Quad who hasn't moved since 1994.

For once in my life I find myself siding with British Royalty

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
what does he think of twinkies? A look at what goes into them
www.msnbc.msn.com...

why do parents give such thrash to their kids. You wouldn't put crap fuel into your automobile, why put junk into your own body

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Really? When was the last time someone beat there wife because they smoked some pot (I cant smoke pot dude I am fire/rescue) never unless they were already nuts. Drugs are illegal to feed the coffers and have bigger government.

You shot up meth and raped the mother of your child? What is wrong with you?
No wonder so many of your posts are nasty little tidbits fom an Orwellien hell.

Funny thing... the excuse of the methhead rapist was that he had just smoked pot...

And no, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I was not speaking about myself. I was referring to a former friend of mine who decided to rape my former roommate in the front seat of his car... with their child in the back seat. You tell me what item on the McD's dollar menu makes someone do that.

I don't have a problem with pot, hence the previous adjective "most". But you can not sit there and compare banning fast food to banning drugs. One clearly has the capacity to cause serious injury or death to innocent uninvolved parties, and the other does not.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

When was the last time someone beat there wife because they smoked some pot

Pot is illegal because it is a drug that gets people involved in the drug trade and eventually leads people into using harder drugs like meth and coke. That and the potential risks of psychological problems I think. It's not the pot that makes you commit more crimes, it's the other drugs that pot leads you into.

Someone mentioned the movie 'Super Size Me' earlier. I don't really know how accurate the documentary is but it's worth watching for everyone who's posting on this thread. Watch it, see how bad fast food is, then realise that some people's diets actually are made up of a load of that crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Eat what ya want to eat, become over weight if u want, its no ones business but ur own, theres no mac donalds anywhere near me so i dont eat their crap, but if others do that aint my fugging business so i dont care
also lonegunman relax no ones here to fight only to debate

[edit on 28-2-2007 by PlayeR87]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join