It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
people dont want to own the responsibility of what they put into their bodies; they are 'ignorant' about nutrition and even less clued up about how their bodies work and how best to run them. it's just laziness if you ask me and then they wander why they get fat and start getting all these new breed illnesses - they would rather blame society of the govt rather than take respobsibilty for themselves.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
TWO UFO WATCHER ARE SEEKING OUT UFOS AS THEY WATCH OVER THE NIGHT SKY WHILST EATING A BURGER, THE GOVERMENT ARE SPYING ON THESE UFO WATCHERS:

UFO WATCHER: munch munch munch,,, "was that an alien?"

UFO WATCHER 2 "i dunno but it tasted good"

GOVERMENT: "quick catch move of them ufos, they make good meat people are going crazy for them"

UFO WATCHER: "i havnt seen a UFO in month? its strange...

UFO WATER TWO: "yeh its so strange, but ive noticed a load of new burger joints open... latley have you tried the new burger..."

UFO WATER: Oooh yeh everyone is going mad about them... the McGrey is the best one it tastes out of this world"

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What does he need the money for, anyway?

To support that bar hag he married (Camella). The two unrepentant adulterers spend a lot and they have to get the money from someplace. God knows they wouldn't want to get their hands dirty by actually working for their money like everyone else does.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I dont particularly care for Micky Dee's either but banning them is a little harsh isn't it? I was thinking the least they could do is replace those greasy fries with grean beans or something more healthy.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I guess banning is a bit extreme... but its made people talk about it right! its making people aware of this situation with the publics health relating to its food consumption.

At least provide more places to order "fast food healthy food" than the continuation of opening more buger joints! Less off the Junk more of the option to beable to eat healthy and that is accessible to the public like McD's or likewise!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
After seeing most of the posts on this thread and then reading the idiotic comments on the thread about the obese child, I have come to the conclusion that Americans are brain-washed morons. (I am an American btw)

I can no longer bring myself to post here with all of this idiocy. I thought this board was for intelligent conversation, I see now it's just a haven for people with nothing better to do than conspire about the world.....and even then conspire against the wrong things.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Charles has a right to say whatever he wants, as does everyone else. Don't bring his personal life into it to try and take away the credibility of his point.
Just because he married some woman it doesn't suddenly make McDonalds healthy!

McDonalds isn't good for you and we all know that. He wouldn't actually get them banned anyway, he was just expressing his opinion.

As for why he only targeted McD right now... I dunno, maybe he was angry because he didn't get his Happy Meal toy or something lol j/k

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Banning is a little harsh, and it is odd he singled-out McDonalds, though I suppose it is the "big cheese" of the industry
. They've been trying ostensibly to lower the fat and caloric content of their foods, but if you look into many of their new "healthy" items like the salads, they actually have more fat and calories than their burgers (too much, too unhealthy dressings, though the lite or fat-free are sometimes available.)

I think the best approach is to ban drive-thru windows! Drive-thrus have been banned in some municipalities in the US since the 80's even, with a little initial resistance but people adapt (Palo Alto is an example, if I recall correctly, and it was suggested for New Orleans as part of a post-Katrina redesign, though I have no idea how that went) The rationale is that you're killing one of the convenience factors - if it took the same amount of time to walk in and get a big mac as it took to walk inside and get yourself something healthier (and arguably better-tasting) you'd go for the latter.

Plus, I suppose you'd burn a few calories walking through the parking lot and store/restaurant
Plus, probably a heckuva lot fewer idiots distracted by the need to wipe the grease from their burger off the steering wheel or shift knob because they tried to eat it while driving!

Then again, we sin tax alcohol and tobacco maybe we could include things like foods whose serving-size exceed say, 15g of fat (though even that's generous, imo, but whatever.)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sky1
I can no longer bring myself to post here with all of this idiocy.

You are here all of one month and you threaten to leave. Oh the drama.

Charles is within his rights to slam unhealthy fast food .. but his calling for a 'ban' on it just smacks of the days of long ago English royalty pushing around Americans. As usual, his presentation and diplomacy (or lack of!) on the subject stinks.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
people dont want to own the responsibility of what they put into their bodies; they are 'ignorant' about nutrition and even less clued up about how their bodies work and how best to run them. it's just laziness if you ask me and then they wander why they get fat and start getting all these new breed illnesses - they would rather blame society of the govt rather than take respobsibilty for themselves.

Exactly.....

liberals want to band everything. Ever see demolition man? thats the kind of society they want, no freedom.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by misuneko

Exactly.....

liberals want to band everything. Ever see demolition man? thats the kind of society they want, no freedom.

Ever see Escape from L.A.? That's what the Fascist types want for your society. Point, counter-point.

Charles is within his rights to slam unhealthy fast food .. but his calling for a 'ban' on it just smacks of the days of long ago English royalty pushing around Americans. As usual, his presentation and diplomacy (or lack of!) on the subject stinks.

Can I please see the entire quote in context rather then the usually out of context BS that is par for the course around here. I was pissed off at Charles for years due to his Nanotech gaffe that actually never happenend. I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the same type of situation.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Americans? how is this a direct comment regarding the U.S? i thought he was in the Middle East at the time of his comment. And to be honnest sparking off disussion of baning junk food makes people aware of the fact that people are eating the "wrong" things to keep their bodies healthy. Look at all the food anyway in the West the sizes the portions! its crazy... Supersize me...! we need educating that these foods are wrong to eat on a daily basis and some of us DO eat them everyday, and if we do not educate it might be our children that come to munch on a Big Mac who knows MCDonalds might end up sponsoring school dinners... imgaine that!

What im trying to make the point of.. Charles made a fair comment.. Demolition man is taken to extremes.. Charles raised the point of the extremes thatcould save more peoples lives! I think we are far from an utopian society let alone a planet with an underground freedom fighten force! at the moment i think the people underground are the people who are fighting for rights to keep healthy and sort this planet out!

Sure people have a choice! but when you walk past a junk food shop.. all the **** they put into their foods all the chemicals are you sure its you saying you want a burger or is it the advertising? the stuff they put in the food to make you addicted? imagine eating junk food everyday.. im sure that yourll be needing to know how to use the "three shells" after youve been sat on the toliet each day!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If I was ivisiting a hospital in the Middle East and i saw all these people who have type2 diabetics due to bad nutrition i would say "ban" fast food, wouldn’t you? people dying because they are eating the wrong thing due to un education on nutrition / easy accessibility /price?

Making them not so accessible, the person who said stop drive thus! good idea!!! brilliant!

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Do what they will to Ronald.

But don't dare touch my King.

Has this guy considered how many people McDonalds employs through the region? McDonalds can be seen as a symbol of economic progress. A mini-engine driving the economy around it.

>
man I'm typing slow...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by apc]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

A mini-engine driving the economy around it.

Especially Liposuction, weight loss seminars and insulin manufacturers.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the completely in-context quote.

Ack! Ban Burger King too, just don't touch my Wendy's, Harvey's or Licks.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
AND.... even if they are educated on nutrition and still carry one eating them... making them less assessable is doing them a favour! its saving their lives!

Id rather loss a fast food shop on my street than a persons life!

Or is having people with diabetics help the pharmaceuticals sell more drugs to us all? Ive heard that the pharmaceutical business is thriving… just ask yourself what do these pills actually do, medicine it helps stop the problem it makes it better, why not go to she source of the problem so that we don’t have to take the pills in the first place? (maybe cus there is a need for us to be sick to keep these companies running, so carry on eating Fast food, keep getting ill, keep taking the pills to try and reverse the problems that you’ve caused your body so that you can keep eating junk food until one day the pharmaceutical industry is rich beyond belief and your dead in the ground with your own cause of death.. when really it’s the world that you live in that’s killed you!

sorry to go on.... phew things thats all of my chest now! lol

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Then improve nutritional education. But I give a big fat finger to anyone who thinks they have the right to force their opinion onto everyone else. There's nothing wrong with McDonalds. If you eat their food in moderation and exercise like you should, you'll be fine. This isn't like the trans fat issue, where you don't know it's being fed to you, and exercise has little to no effect on it.

>

sardion
Especially Liposuction, weight loss seminars and insulin manufacturers.

I mean all the little minimum-wage (in Dubai? uhm....) jobs as well as the money that is brought in to the area by customers.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by apc]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was joking apc.

I agree with the education part though.

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Then don't forget all the therapy sessions from kids traumatized by that damned clown!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Do what they will to Ronald.

Has this guy considered how many people McDonalds employs through the region? McDonalds can be seen as a symbol of economic progress. A mini-engine driving the economy around it.

In respects to driving the economy..... thats touching on "you cant stop digging up the earth extracting the oil... killing this world using the alternative sources already avalible cus of the amount of people who will loose their jobs" everyone will loose their lives there will be no one to give a job tooo soon the way we are extracting light energy from our Earth! but these people dont care about the devistating effects of what will happen if things continue.. they only care about keeping the cycle going so that people NOW are happy... sure we have to give these people new jobs but the future of saving our species is our higest priority.. however we are probably going to nuke eachother soon anway so yeh keep eating the Fast food keep smoking/drinking/using light energy fuels... consume like there will be nothing to comsume, beacuse you know what, soon there wont be!

The same context can be said about fast food chains that keep the economy going! one day there might not be anyone to eat the food as these big corprate giants have killed us all off! lol... Not me.. i hear you say...! our world is a relection of ourselves! Were killing our planet and our people and yet we still think we will survive... I laugh at you all with your bugers in your hands ready for that first bite, but remember one day it may be your last! tates good huh!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join