It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are you most afraid of?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This isn't the place to get into this discussion we would both agree but since you asked and since I started this..

it is believed you have freedom to choose what you want to do with your soul, it is not god that punishes you but yourself. You pay up now or later, meaning you suffer for a better future now or you live better now with a dreadful future. That is how I understand it. Oh and btw I do not believe that one can live eons of debauchary and then get saved at the last second. Seems so unfair really.

I assume then that you are atheist?

If so then you views must coincide a bit with this as you just see yourself and your choices in existance.

Referring to this thread I guess we are afraid of the unknown which is any crypto or mythic beast and that which is oppositional to us.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
THENEO

No, I am not an atheist, even if I already said so, out of ignorance. My beliefs coincide more with those of the agnostic types.

'Debauchery' and 'fairness' are human made concept.

You say 'leftist' are immatures. I think name-calling and labbeling is immature.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Everything requires a name or a label it is a condition of existance. It is the spirit in which it is done that is at issue.

I don't agree that man created the idea of light and dark or good and bad.

For example this thread we are talking about what people fear, then those fears can only be real or imagined.

Imagined fears can be removed but real fears must be dealt with.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well you seem to like labeling, especialy dwelving into specifics. If you want to label me, just call me man, dude, or earthlings. Don't judge me on who you think I am, you talked about fairness, well I'm human too. So don't let this prison-of-a-mind guide you toward false pre-made belief on what I might or might not be.

Give everyone a chance, that is fairness.

If we haven't invented good and bad, right and wrong, we still have defined what is is. And the definition have changed so many time over history, and it constantly have to be adapted. How can you rely on that?
Plus, if you are catholic, well haven't your god did good AND bad thing? (if you follow todays definitions of good and bad)

I don't see why you're comparing good & bad with real & imaginated.

Yeah, we did kind of got a bit off topic, but it was interesting, and you had gone like 2 or 3 posts without insulting me or anyone else, so I think it was worth it.

Dinners ready. See yall laters...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So this has gone from werewolves and vampires to politics and now to religion or the lack thereof... oooo-kay~

Well, I guess my greatest fear is not from some cryptozoological creature lurking in the shadows waiting to shred me to pieces but rather a fear of a criminal act against me. Having been a rape victim a couple of years ago while in college, I continue to wake up in the middle of the night after reliving the episode in my dreams...

I probably need counseling~

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well do you think that people that do such things have the 'light' inside them?

A valid fear, a fear of the unknown and a fear of those that are adversarial or wish to do us harm. Quite valid and defendable.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh and btw I do not believe that one can live eons of debauchary and then get saved at the last second. Seems so unfair really.

Damn....... there went my game plan

And to Salem LOL... no she was not a cop, just one of the first to show me a woman is very much more sly, cunning and way deadler than a man could ever hope to be. All wrapped up in a much more pleasing package.

Havent you read Kipling?

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
intelgurl

Yeah...I know we went really far away...anyway...

Gosh, I feel sorry for you. That's quite an understandable fear, and it's totally normal. Such event always leave scars, and they can be either physical or mental.

Counselling might help, of course. It's usually costy, but it can help cure the wounds. You could also consider learnign some defense technics, even if you don't have to use 'em, it might make you feel a bit more secure? (shooting in the dark here - as I never been raped, I can only try to imagine the emotional pain left behind)

If it can help, the odds of this happening twice, I THINK, must be pretty low? Unless it's some person close to you, wich I hope is not. Anyway, don't let the bastard(s) who commited this immoral act ruins your sleep and your life. Like Amuk said in his sig, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

For a while I didn't beleive in this, but in long term it usualy turn out to be true.

Hang in there. I feel terribly sad for you and anyone who once were victim of such an undeserved and immoral crime. I think you're strong just for having the guts to talk about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
intelgurl

May I suggest self defense courses and maybe learning how to handle a gun? Being able to take care of your self may help ease your fears.You are letting this punk rape you over and over. There is no reason to be a victom all your life.

Remember god may have created men but Colt made the equal.

My heart goes out to you

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
You are letting this punk rape you over and over. There is no reason to be a victom all your life.

That was said a bit harshly, but still nicely said. I think you got your point throught. And I think you are so totally right about this.

No mather what happenned to you (or anyone), people shouldn't let their past hunt them selve. That's like really bad and unhealthy. I know the past just won't go away at a clic of fingers, but all necessary efforts should be putted to fight it and get over it successfully.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think i can safely say that everyones greatest fear is what the human mind comes up with when your alone in the darkness in an unfamiliar place.

The human mind is the scariest place, it knows all your thoughts, weaknesses and fantasies, nothing pushes your buttons better than your own mind.

Try doing it sometime, its got to be the most terrifying thing you can do, screw spiders or snakes, you know they're around, with the mind you can never be sure of anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I fear roads with lots of lights on.
I prefer the roads without lights.. I dont know why.
just feels safer to walk in the dark.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
spiders
spiders
and then
spiders...

spiders

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
spiders
spiders
and then
spiders...

spiders

Ok im afraid of two things not just one lol i HATE SPIDERS "cringe"...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i think i replied before, but whats to stop me from replying again? I would not like it if i saw a Chupa in my house!

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Showed something I have feared some time now.

Cloaked NSA type spooks. Imagine a personal cloaking device that let Cops, ATF, DEA (whatever) sneak up on you... or just stand by your bed and watch.

Invisible government employees. That's fawking SCARY!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I do not like going under overpasses, I think they are set to come crashing down.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
vampires? witches?

me, it's werewolfs, i mean i'm very scared of werewolfs, i can't watch werewolf movies normally, and when i go into the dark i'm always very very cautious, always worried for some hairy dog like beast to come after me suddenly, maybe i watch too much movies. but i have been fighting with that fear for a long time! everytime i'm afraid of something i still do it! but man the fear never goes away!

actually?? whenever i feel scared i face my fears...therefore, something's watching me? i follow it

i know..stupid, i could wind up dead doing so, but at least i beat the crap outta my fear ages ago.
fearless

or stupid

only experience will tell

btw, we're supposed to have mutations in northern ukraine, so ummm...i'm getting a new apartment somewhere a lot closer to there, and some strange happenings have been reported in a construction site next to the building i'll be living in, so ummm....hmmm, i guess im scared of mutants?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I hope you understand that you really just said you have an awful lot to fear.

lol, fear of fear is worse than fear itself?

But seriously, I think the only thing I honestly fear is being truly alone. That and weirdo alien flicks. Dude, if I saw a grey stand in my parking lot looking at me, I'd either freak out and run or run at it and try to bash it's skull in. Either get it away from me or kill it!!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight
Dude, if I saw a grey stand in my parking lot looking at me, I'd either freak out and run or run at it and try to bash it's skull in. Either get it away from me or kill it!!

ummm....some normal people would try to communicate first, like the civilized race we've tried to evolve into

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join