It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are you most afraid of?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a religion free of dogma might work. free of doctrine, even. everyone could make up their own beliefs. imagine, freedom from mental slavery. lennon and marley rolled into one simple tenet.

I agree, but with a tad eeny weeny bit of Marxism.

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Women ?? I understand for the pigs, but women

You oughta seen my first wife

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
vampires? witches?

me, it's werewolfs, i mean i'm very scared of werewolfs, i can't watch werewolf movies normally, and when i go into the dark i'm always very very cautious, always worried for some hairy dog like beast to come after me suddenly, maybe i watch too much movies. but i have been fighting with that fear for a long time! everytime i'm afraid of something i still do it! but man the fear never goes away!

Running out of cigerettes.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Women ?? I understand for the pigs, but women

You oughta seen my first wife

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Amuk]

She was really scary ?

Couldn't be that bad huh ?

She was a cop ?

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Salem]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Physically-Exruciating pain, and a slow, painful death. I used to be terrified of needles and syringes, it took 4 nurses to hold me down for a blood test when I was about 9 years old!
But now I just really dislike them.

Mentally-That I won't have mattered to anyone, when I'm gone. I always feel the need to inspire others to find happiness, but fear I never will.

I can't really think of any bugs or animals that I am scared of. There's a few I don't care for, but none I'd be scared of, unless it was attacking me.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
if we're talking about beasties, i'd have to say... whales. 0_o;; i know, i know. but, i just get so scared thinking about something so much bigger than me swimming by me. it drives me crazy!! which, i guess, plays into my biggest fear of all- the water. i dunno, it's just... i have an overractive imagination and tend to envision the monsters waiting within the deep to eat me. *shivvers*

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Maybe fears that we have are memories from our Past Lives...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
These ones are scaring the hell out of me....
Sorry to contaminate the cryptozoologie forum but I couldn't put them in the trash bin.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem
These ones are scaring the hell out of me....
Sorry to contaminate the cryptozoologie forum but I couldn't put them in the trash bin.

they ARE quite the scary couple!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
TRAINEDFORTHIS kind of scares me. Not really, but the idea that he's out there walking around does.

Voting, driving, has Internet access. Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ignorant and delusional people in positions of power scare me.

BG

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't wish to offend anyone, but I just have to say that some of you have fears that I find totally ridiculous.

And I thought I was unsecure lol...

You know, facing your fears is always a good mental trainning. I would have trouble to do so, cuz it would imply swimming with some huge animal that could swallow me entirely. That, or letting spiders walk on me. And I'm not ready to do so yet.

But some of you should really try to confront your fears. You'll just get out of it a better person. Believe me.

You know what, fear is probably worst than ignorance. You people shouldn't have so much fear in your lifes, it's bad for your health.

I used to fear speaking in public, in front of many people. I don't anymore. I used to fear dancing, and then later feared dancing when I was not *supposedly* drunk or high enough. I eliminated these fears too. Sure, it may take time, you may not feel well the first few times. But for #'s sake, work on it.

I used to #ing fear speaking my mind out, sometimes.
That had given me a lot of trouble, and I must say I missed a lot of great opportunity because of that. I also overcomed that fear.

Don't keep on dragging thoses fears along your life...
It's not worth it. They're chains for your mind. The less limits you impose your self, the less free you are. And the outside world already try to push enough limits on you, don't do the same thing to your self.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am most afraid of the immaturity of the left wing.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Being bankrupt by the end of next year
This is no joke!
My pregnant wife is spending way too much money.
I've lost my job in March. Actually right on my birthday, can you believe it! The economy still hasn't recovered and I'm really worried about my financial situation.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I am most afraid of the immaturity of the left wing.

I am more annoyed than afraid by narrow minded people like you who can't help but generalize on everything.

And I'm also annoyed as hell by people who just can't TALK ABOUT ANYTING ELSE THAN POLITICS!!!

Your the ones who are making me hates politics.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am also afraid of satanists like you.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
And I'm also annoyed as hell by people who just can't TALK ABOUT ANYTING ELSE THAN POLITICS!!!

Your the ones who are making me hates politics.

Amen

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
THENEO

HA!!! That tops it all. Now I'm a satanist. LMAO!!!

Calling me a satanist is simply ridicul..first, I don't believe in deities...second, if I would believe, I would believe that God and Satan would be the same entity.

A very disturbed entity...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Then so be it.

That is good reason for you to fear God then.

Not that you have to.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would I have to fear 'a God', my self, or anyone else, for that matters?

Isn't 'Your God' (I think you're catholic?) preaching forgiveness and compassion? Will he kill everyone who have different beliefs?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join