It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

First, duh and reread my post.
I never said the White House planted anything. Also what I had to say was only speculation, I even stated that.
What is the need to jump to defend the White House against speculation over something I didn't even imply?
What I am implying is that the mainstream news media is burying important story's by bumping junk like this to the front page.
But like I said it is speculation, so calling out "no proof" is moot.

quote:
Second, this story is getting a lot of play in Boston, but not so much everywhere else. I cannot imagine that it is on the forefront of people's minds today beyond the water cooler.

Really? I'm almost 2500 miles from Boston and I can't get away from this story. It was the headlining on CNN.com and other MSM news sites.
Meanwhile you don't even know what the story is that I'm saying is being buried.
See how successful they are?

Umbrax, I apologize that I misunderstood your post. Often there is little basis between speculation and outright claims around here, and I was reading too quickly.

By the time that I got to the news websites late in the morning, the story was "below the fold" on all of the sites I went to except for the Boston sites. But I cede that I have not seen the national morning papers, and won't extrapolate so quickly in the future.

With respect to the story, I submitted it yesterday, and you'll find that I tend to sympathize with your opinion.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
wbztv.com...@wbz.dayport.com

My input.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
you geezers have to remember that the blokes in guato bay, are there and many have not done anything, while these strike terror and fear into a city and they should get away with it, why.

a person who terrorizes or frightens others. this is what dictionary.com says the definition of terrorist is.

how can anyone be so stupid to do this in a post 911 world, let alone usa.

there are plenty in prison who have done nothing wrong at all, while these clowns think that becasue of whatever reason, they have the right to do this to a city.

come on look at it from the stand point of the innocent in guato bay, many of those may not have done nothing at all, and if you showed them what these clowns did, what would there reaction be.

for all those that look at this as a joke, look at it if you were locked in in jail and have not done anything wrong(like many are), then see how you see this.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by andy1033]

It really is sad that there are people in prison that didn't do anything. It's downright wrong. It would also be wrong to send the two kids who hung these things up to jail. What about the other cities they were in, the people who put them up in those cities? Are they going to go unpunished because they happened to luck out and Boston made a ruckus and pegged everyone as terrorists before their city did?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

you geezers have to remember that the blokes in guato bay, are there and many have not done anything, while these strike terror and fear into a city and they should get away with it, why.

a person who terrorizes or frightens others. this is what dictionary.com says the definition of terrorist is.

there are plenty in prison who have done nothing wrong at all, while these clowns think that becasue of whatever reason, they have the right to do this to a city.

come on look at it from the stand point of the innocent in guato bay, many of those may not have done nothing at all, and if you showed them what these clowns did, what would there reaction be.

for all those that look at this as a joke, look at it if you were locked in in jail and have not done anything wrong(like many are), then see how you see this.

That is simply ludicrious...

#1) You have NO clue what people are in Gitmo, or why they're there. You get fed stories from the mainstream media about it. If the same media said the people there were guilty, you'd call them a tool of government disinformation. You can believe what you want, but you have no absolute proof, or validation for that statement other than what you believe.

#2) Now that you've defined terrorist, lets define terrorism:
American Heritage Dictionary - The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

By you're incredibly narrow use of 'terrorist' anyone that reads this website and finds the ideas set forth to be frightening, could by rights, call all the authors 'terrorists'. Now that makes no sense, till you define the full set of criteria. Bullys in highschool also fit the description you provided.

#3) People can do this in a post-9/11 world because they don't live in fear, and they assume people arent that ignorant. These are people that have accepted what occured, and moved on with their lives. They have put the past behind them and look to the future, they aren't living in fear of an over-hyped terrorist attack. Which is stunning to read about on here and see the same names screaming about these two and 'terrorism', and then go post that 9/11 was an inside job.

In addition, this has nothing to do with Gitmo, the innnocence or guilt of people there have no bearing on the situation here. That is a logical pitfall.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
Are they going to go unpunished because they happened to luck out and Boston made a ruckus and pegged everyone as terrorists before their city did?

In Seattle and several suburbs, the signs were removed without fuss, according to The Associated Press.

"We haven't had any calls to 911 regarding this," Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb told AP on Wednesday."

Police in Philadelphia told AP that authorities had confiscated 56 of the devices. In New York, a street was shut down for 45 minutes after two of the devices were found on an overpass, the New York Post reported. In all, 41 of the devices were found in the city, according to the newspaper.

n Portland, police Sgt. Brian Schmautz said officers had no plans to remove any of the signs, so long as they weren't on municipal property. Nor had officers been dispatched in any kind of bomb scare related to the devices.

"At this point we wouldn't even begin an investigation, because there's no reason to believe a crime has occurred," Schmautz said.

Looks like it so far.

EDIT: Fixed tags.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by crisko]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
Boston was owned by lite brights, fact. No other city freaked out.

This is like a scene from a bad movie, really.

Have you seen the shirts that are already out there?

Picture of the 'device' lol... device... with the text "1-31-07 Never Forget!"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Togetic, now I feel bad for using the duh smiley

But a story like that being buried has really got me riled up (that and the cold medicine).
Covering up major news with junk is something that happens all the time. I wonder what was really happening while Trump and Rosie were feuding and made the cover of every news group.
Almost 800 scientists are now going unnoticed because people don't understand pop-culture and assume the boogyman is back.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Togetic, now I feel bad for using the duh smiley

But a story like that being buried has really got me riled up (that and the cold medicine).
Covering up major news with junk is something that happens all the time. I wonder what was really happening while Trump and Rosie were feuding and made the cover of every news group.
Almost 800 scientists are now going unnoticed because people don't understand pop-culture and assume the boogyman is back.

Are you referring to the climate reports? I'm sure those aren't going to be buried for very long my friend. We'll be talking about them for the next 5 years...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Shots,
That's one hell of an accomplishment in 2 hours. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it's a little hard to swallow. However, benefit of the doubt, what did he ask? Did only one kid know the name of the charecter? Could other identify where they were from?

Yeah it was fast... aren't computers wonderful?
As for what he asked I will have to ask when he gets home around 5.

Given that I am north of chicago and sp00ner says it is on at 11 that alone could explain why only one knew anything about it at all would'nt you say?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Given that I am north of chicago and sp00ner says it is on at 11 that alone could explain why only one knew anything about it at all would'nt you say?

It's quite possible, it's FAR from a kids show. If you've ever seen Family Guy, it's about as appropriate for kids as ATHF.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner
Ummm... have you ever watched the show? It comes on late at night and is not what you would call... middle school material... it's on a block called "Adult Swim", in Chicago, it comes on 11pm.

Thanks I did not know that and your answer kind of shoots Rasobasi420's allegation that any teenager would have known them all to hell doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

That is simply ludicrious...

#1) You have NO clue what people are in Gitmo, or why they're there. You get fed stories from the mainstream media about it. If the same media said the people there were guilty, you'd call them a tool of government disinformation. You can believe what you want, but you have no absolute proof, or validation for that statement other than what you believe.

#2) Now that you've defined terrorist, lets define terrorism:
American Heritage Dictionary - The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

By you're incredibly narrow use of 'terrorist' anyone that reads this website and finds the ideas set forth to be frightening, could by rights, call all the authors 'terrorists'. Now that makes no sense, till you define the full set of criteria. Bullys in highschool also fit the description you provided.

#3) People can do this in a post-9/11 world because they don't live in fear, and they assume people arent that ignorant. These are people that have accepted what occured, and moved on with their lives. They have put the past behind them and look to the future, they aren't living in fear of an over-hyped terrorist attack. Which is stunning to read about on here and see the same names screaming about these two and 'terrorism', and then go post that 9/11 was an inside job.

In addition, this has nothing to do with Gitmo, the innnocence or guilt of people there have no bearing on the situation here. That is a logical pitfall.

"American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source ter·ror·ism (těr'ə-rĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n. The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

threatened use of force is what closed down many parts of the city. this is what the police have to do, in this world today, they have to take every package and understand if it is a threat. does not matter if they meant it as a joke or not.

we can argue all day, you say guato bay people are guilty, while i say alot of them have not done anything, we just go around in circles.

whether 911 was an inside job has nothing to do with this.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I only read the last few pages of this thread and that only because I just found out these weren't real fake bombs but Mooninites!

I think this is hilarious! ATHF is the greatest show ever.

Plus, it's really funny how electronically inept the American is. Not me of course, I am a REAL American, and can tell the difference between a bomb and LED's with exposed C batteries. I am a genius inside my own nation, apparently.

Speaking as a native Bostonian I hope everyone in New England and even the Mayor of Boston himself, will go pay 12 bucks or whatever it costs now, and laugh their butts off to the animated pixelated shenanigans of the Aqua Teens and their poor neighbor Carl. Coming March 23rd! Jersey never looked so good!

www.mcpeepants.com...

Master Shake: Hey, this closet was full of TVs last time I checked and now there's none!
Meatwad: Cause you keep breakin' 'em!
Master Shake: Cause you keep pissing me off so bad! You should be lucky I'm thoughtful enough to throw the anger at the media and not your buttocks!

Meatwad: Come on!! Just one more dead person.. pleasee??? Just one more dead guy...
Frylock: All right, one more.
Meatwad: Spirits that haunt this house. Tell me...what was we talkin' 'bout?

[edit on 1-2-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Are you referring to the climate reports? I'm sure those aren't going to be buried for very long my friend. We'll be talking about them for the next 5 years...

No sp00ner. I actually had to post about this on the Fragile Earth Forum because I was tired of waiting for someone else to break the story.
Hundreds (close to 8) of (government) Scientists Claim the White House Played Down Global Warming
Even Togetic's ATSNN submission ended up being overlooked and just recently got enough votes to be published. I didn't even know it was there 'till he linked to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thanks I did not know that and your answer kind of shoots Rasobasi420's allegation that any teenager would have known them all to hell doesn't it?

Not at all, just that middle school kids are more apt to go to bed on time than HS kids. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

threatened use of force is what closed down many parts of the city. this is what the police have to do, in this world today, they have to take every package and understand if it is a threat. does not matter if they meant it as a joke or not.

we can argue all day, you say guato bay people are guilty, while i say alot of them have not done anything, we just go around in circles.

Where was the threat of force? There is nothing about 'incorrectly percieved' threat of force. The criteria that you are establishing is a scary one. It seems that the only city to overreact to this ad campaign. 70% of the people surveyed on MSNBC think this is rediculous.

Again, you are attempting to use gitmo for some reason, I have said nothing about it, other than the fact that you, or I, know jack about it. This has NOTHING to do with anything outside of a marketing campaign. I really dont care who is in gitmo, if they're guilty, innocent, or aliens. Don't matter to me. Also, if you're going to paraphrase me, make DAMN sure you get it right. I expect to see my quote accusing all people in gitmo as guilty, since that is most CERTAINLY what you just implied....

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ummm... have you ever watched the show? It comes on late at night and is not what you would call... middle school material... it's on a block called "Adult Swim", in Chicago, it comes on 11pm.

Well, are we talking middle school or teenagers? You're ~14as a 9th grade freshman. So you can likely rule out a large number of them, and in addition, I really don't think most middleschool kids are going to get the humor of it at all. So they may have seen it once, or even twice, but there's no guarantee. It's still somewhat of a 'cult' show.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I disagree. Since all of our current terrorism and homeland security laws were based on the idea that terrorists brought down the towers, if 9/11 was an inside job it shows that these laws are pointless, and only serve to remove freedoms from regular people.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Where was the threat of force? There is nothing about 'incorrectly percieved' threat of force. The criteria that you are establishing is a scary one. It seems that the only city to overreact to this ad campaign. 70% of the people surveyed on MSNBC think this is rediculous.

Again, you are attempting to use gitmo for some reason, I have said nothing about it, other than the fact that you, or I, know jack about it. This has NOTHING to do with anything outside of a marketing campaign. I really dont care who is in gitmo, if they're guilty, innocent, or aliens. Don't matter to me. Also, if you're going to paraphrase me, make DAMN sure you get it right. I expect to see my quote accusing all people in gitmo as guilty, since that is most CERTAINLY what you just implied....

the reason i use gitmo, is because they are held by your government. that is a precedent. there should not be one rule for people who are not liked becasue of race etc, and one rule for idiots advertising a cartoon.

if they wanted adverts just buy some boards or tv space. they choose to do this in boston, one of the cities associated with 911. the police have to do a job, of checking these things were not bombs, and the fact that they weren't should have nothing to do with the fear that was provoked when these police found these things and closed of areas.

like i say we can go around in circles all day, but i bet you boston city officials will not let it drop.

the reason why i say that innocent people are locked up in your jails, is because it is true. i wonder ho they feel, seeing they have done nothing wrong, and there lifes are ruined, and these geezers do this and close down parts of a city, and people just say so what.

its like what aload of people say about americans, that american public never know what freedom actually means, becasue they take it for granted, but at lest thats changing.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Man nice to know you can bring a major city to a halt without the use of bombs, guns or chemical weapons. All you need is a Lite-Brite and some pathetic paranoia.

THE MOON RULZ #1

You don't need anything physical to bring a city to a halt. Phone calls will do the job just as effectively. And malicious phone calls are punished very severely, as they should be.

Originally posted by Griff
It has wires and blinks. Mainstream America is dumb as nails. I can see how people could confuse it as suspicious. But, the bomb specialists who had to blow up the first couple should have know that it wasn't a bomb at first glance. I'm sure glad they are protecting us.

The batteries were taped up with black electrical tape. Are they batteries, or a batch of C-4?

They acted on the side of caution. Good for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join