It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just a quick question, and pardon me if it's already been addressed (scanned thru this thread and didnt notice)...
how much time passed between when the first "suspicious package" was found, and when they (the media) actually showed a picture of what the things were? My wife and I watched that episode of A.T.H.F. just the other night, and wouldve recognized RIGHT AWAY what the character was (it WAS a funny episode) The only news footage I ever saw was dudes in swat gear running around, with "SUSPICIOUS PACKAGE" blazed across the TV screen. How long did it take for a pic of the character to show up on the news?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Chicago is jumping on the band wagon now and they are going to be looking for money. What a crock of crap this is going to lead to needing a special permit to post a sign or anything even in your own yard. What a bunch of parinoid idiots.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's funny because any teenager or child would know what it was right away.

I highly doubt that is true when you do a search you only get

452 hits for keywords Ignignokt and Er.
And you get
10,500 for Ignignokt and Err.

The numbers are not there to back up your claim. The names are not knwon or popular on the internet and that includes the hits created by yesterdays news not to mention all the duplicates.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_93218
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

You cannot defeat the quad laser! The bullets are enormous!

He does bring up a good point. Had they combined to form the quad laser this could have been a serious threat to national security.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

He does bring up a good point. Had they combined to form the quad laser this could have been a serious threat to national security.

Yes but only if "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday" gets their hands on it.

But in reality, I think the real danger to humanity lies with Ignignokt's owner ship of the Sun. He was quoted as saying:

Ignignokt: You see that tiny pathetic star up there? That's in it for you.
Err: All yours.
Carl: Which one? What are you talking about?
Ignignokt: Oh I think you see it, you couldn't see anything without it. Its called "The Sun".

I wonder if DHS knows about this.

I hope the show uses this news story as one of their episodes in the future, making it look like it was Ignignokt's and Err's plan all along.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
IMO..The city of Boston got got by the very though of terrorism

And now the mayor and everyone down the ladder looks like a buncha morons....And the networks look like fools and I think it's a laugh becuase this is the society that the government has created..Dumb everyone down and flush common sense right out of your mind with "The war on terrorism"
A lite brite.....
Wait ...wait the terrorist are are invading our marketing fields...Oh no what next

Way to go Boston way to be there

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I hope everyone involved -- Time Warner, the ad agency, and anyone hired will all be prosecuted for their criminal acts.

What is that going to solve? We live in America. As long as you have money, you can get away with Murder. Literally. Time Warner...are you kidding me? Nobody wants a piece of their lawyers.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

With videos like that having been made, it adds to the likelyhood that the entire thing was meant to be a public crisis to garner more attention.

Or perhaps to draw attention away from a more important story.

What is the "more important" story?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk

buncha morons in this country i tell ya.

I have never heard more true words in my life.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digitalis_Purpurea
What kind of world are we living in when a few Lite Brites make everyone act like utter morons and freak out? Whatever happened to common sense?

*sigh*

The world they want us to live in. A world of fear.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

It's funny because any teenager or child would know what it was right away.

I highly doubt that is true when you do a search you only get

452 hits for keywords Ignignokt and Er.
And you get
10,500 for Ignignokt and Err.

The numbers are not there to back up your claim. The names are not knwon or popular on the internet and that includes the hits created by yesterdays news not to mention all the duplicates.

Your claim is dismissed when you realize the names of the cartoon characters were no where to be found on these "devices" (LOL) that Fox news called them. They were just pictures of the characters which is much more known than their oddball names. On the cartoon, you never see their names. You just see the characters that were on the "devices."

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
First I like to say I am new to this site and love it

Reading through this thread and wondered.... you know if I were a terrist and reading this.......hmmm they got 6-10 "devices out and if I make it look like a dumb cartoon.... just a thought.

Even if it was a dumb prank I still want the extra effort and caution around a "package"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Welcome Mystic Blue. You already have a cool name so you're ahead of the game already!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

I hope everyone involved -- Time Warner, the ad agency, and anyone hired will all be prosecuted for their criminal acts.

What is that going to solve? We live in America. As long as you have money, you can get away with Murder. Literally. Time Warner...are you kidding me? Nobody wants a piece of their lawyers.

Harvard University has been known to graduate a few lawyers, and many of them are employed by the city and state of Boston, Massachussetts.

Then again, a rookie lawyer from the midwest wouldn't have much trouble collecting from those fools at TBS. Public sentiment is behind the people on this one, and TBS is gonna pay up, big time.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is footage of the suspects' press conference this afternoon. Judging by their attitude, they are not taking this seriously. While I don't think criminal charges are necessarily appropriate here, why do they need to act like this?

I think their behavior belies a greater problem in the United States with basic respect for the government.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Harvard University has been known to graduate a few lawyers, and many of them are employed by the city and state of Boston, Massachussetts.

Then again, a rookie lawyer from the midwest wouldn't have much trouble collecting from those fools at TBS. Public sentiment is behind the people on this one, and TBS is gonna pay up, big time.

We shall see. Public sentiment may be at an all time high right now but wait until these hardcore Stanford graduates get done with the city of Boston. It will be years from now before they're finished dragging this case through court. That's what the system and the judges (lawyers) want in the first place. They want money, and lots of it, pushed their way.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Utterly and completely ridiculous! Two men were arrested on charges that they did it intentionally to make it seem like it was a bomb.

"It's clear the intent was to get attention by causing fear and unrest that there was a bomb in that location," Assistant Attorney General John Grossman

news.yahoo.com...

How anyone can mistake it for a bomb is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It is only speculation, but while everyone is reading about this, the White House is facing some pretty serious charges from the scientific community. There are alleged government cover ups of critical scientific information, mean while everyone is panicking over the boogyman again.
We have the world at our fingerprints now. When the front page is covered with junk like this do a news search on those with power (and money) and you will likely find the real news.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Like someone mentioned earlier, I made scarier designs on my lite brite as a 3 year old!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

It is only speculation, but while everyone is reading about this, the White House is facing some pretty serious charges from the scientific community. There are alleged government cover ups of critical scientific information, mean while everyone is panicking over the boogyman again.
We have the world at our fingerprints now. When the front page is covered with junk like this do a news search on those with power (and money) and you will likely find the real news.

I hear what you're saying. I'm confident they've used those tactics in the past like that thing with Foley and Gays. It's just difficult to sort through all of the BS when basically all of the media is owned by 5 corporations including Time Warner.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join