It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
According to CNN,5 "suspicious" packages have been found throughout the Boston area.2 of them have already been detonated.The packages have been found near freeways and 1 at a medical facility basement.
I have no links to this yet,best bet for further updates,would be to tune into the news.

Update
Story can now be found here.
www.cnn.com...

Its a video and i cant post a link to it,although it can be found at the above link.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Update: The coast guard just shut down a waterway near it and the subway is shut down. Not sure which ones though.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
One of the packages was a computer keyboard. And a picture was left with it of a guy flipping off the authorities. Seems like they were a hoax.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here's a local link to the story:

link

BREAKING NEWS: Traffic is snarled downtown as more suspicious objects have been found by police in various locations. State police bomb experts are now examining a suspicious item attached to the Longfellow Bridge. Traffic is backed up on Storrow Drive Eastbound before the Longfellow Bridge. That stretch of roadway had been closed but is now open. Meanwhile, Boston police are investigating suspicious items at Columbus and Stuart streets and near the New England Medical Center. Earlier today a device was found on the BU Bridge and on an underpass of I-93 North at Sullivan Station. So far no explosives have been found at any location, according to broadcast reports.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've also been hearing that it might be connected to some web site and some college students as well.Seems more and more like a sick hoax.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My question is. If they are detonating these packages, how do they know what's inside them?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They have all been declared hoaxes. Mayor is holding a meeting shortly.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It also can be some kind of test done by trained terrorist groups to evaluate authorities reactions in diferent levels ..as a preparation stage for a real chain of attacks

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
My question is. If they are detonating these packages, how do they know what's inside them?

That's what I was wondering.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
One Boston station is reporting the devices are circuit boards with a picture of Spongebob made up with lights that give the finger when they flash and now they consider it as a college prank.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernative
It also can be some kind of test done by trained terrorist groups to evaluate authorities reactions in diferent levels ..as a preparation stage for a real chain of attacks

I don't think so. This is a sick joke. All the packages were found on the supports of major road ways, which caused major traffic and train issues. One of the packages was found 1 block away from where I live and they shut off the power for the whole nieghborhood. I'm pretty sure that this is connected. So now I'm stuck at work until my power comes back on. Its also cold outside and I'm pissed.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
God help the idiots that had the brilliant idea to do this. I realize they are just whacky college kids but aren't they intelligent enough to understand the ramifications of what they're doing?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The finger is a character called "Err" from Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Comdedy Central.

Never heard of it, but it does sound like a college prank. If these guys get caught I don't think they'll be laughing though. Judge Napalitano on FOX says they could face up to 40 years in prison.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Boston Mayor and Governor will be giving a press conference at 4pm EST to update the situation.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
CNN now reporting other cities have reported similar incidents in other cities citing intelligence reports but they will not state where they were at this time. (Take that with a grain of Salt until they confirm it, could well be media hype/error for all anyone knows.)

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat

Originally posted by Cybernative

I don't think so. This is a sick joke. All the packages were found on the supports of major road ways, which caused major traffic and train issues. One of the packages was found 1 block away from where I live and they shut off the power for the whole nieghborhood. I'm pretty sure that this is connected. So now I'm stuck at work until my power comes back on. Its also cold outside and I'm pissed.

Why would they shut off power to the whole neighborhood? that doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In this day and age, there's no room for pranks like this. IMO, the person who orchestrated this should be send to Gitmo for terrorism. Even if it was a hoax, up until the second they found out it's not an explosive, he was striking terror in the minds of everyone in the area.

To the person asking how do they tell what's in them: they either use x-ray devices like airport security or use just enough explosives to detonate the package. If there were no explosives inside the package, the contents would still remain largely intact, although probably not working in the case of electronics.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Dry run or hoax? You be the judge.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The finger is a character called "Err" from Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Comdedy Central.

Never heard of it, but it does sound like a college prank. If these guys get caught I don't think they'll be laughing though. Judge Napalitano on FOX says they could face up to 40 years in prison.

Aqua Teen Hunger force is on the Cartoon Network. It airs during "Adult Swim."

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is crazy. They are reporting up to 10 packages. Who know there could be more they haven't found.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join