It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How can someone prove to you they have time traveled?"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi, Tiloke!!

Your suggestion of meeting yourself is definitely a way to prove it to yourself. Hands down - or that you were cloned when you were a baby, or you're having a mental breakdown, but I think it would be effective to prove it, yes.

Now, let's say you've done that. How would you prove to the rest of, let's just say your state, that you've time traveled?

How could you make that clear? You are going to meet a lot of resistance, and people are going to make up a lot of excuses and reasons why what you're presenting to them is a hoax or a fraud.

You have your work cut out for you in a big way.

What do you do in that case?

Thank you for your post (and breaking your brain lol), Tiloke!!! If you have more ideas please post them...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Netami, we've got convincing one person down pat. There are, it's clear, any myriad ways to prove it to one person (although, some people are pretty thick skulled).

We want to prove it to a large number of people, and I would say that bringing several thousand people to line up and use the machine is out, so is bringing back a live dinosaur, etc.

You have to be practical and realistic. You're one guy, and you want to prove to a lot of people you've time traveled. It's not as easy as it might seem...

Keep on keeping on...and thank you!!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
JSR, howdy again!!

The stock market was mentioned. I don't know a lot about it, but what about insider trading, stuff like that?

If you told a large number of people that stocks for this company would do such and such I'm not sure they would equate that with time travel necessarily...

I have to say I'm not sure you would be so quick to believe just because someone could predict the stock market...

But I can't speak for you...

How far will people go to disprove what's right in front of them, or how impenetrably skeptical can people be?

Is it possible to prove that you come from the past or future? Still going...

I admit, I've been responding so much I haven't had time to reflect on it. It's actually proving to be very difficult, but the answers are out there...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
andy1033, that would be weird...I mean...weird...

So, you're saying to clone a historical figure...That's not exactly a quick
way of proving you're a time traveler.

Especially when at any point during the cloning on up to birth this could be stopped by those not wishing this info to get out...

What if your clone isn't cooperative (OK, that sounded weird, but you know what I mean...)?

This one seems...not impossible, but impractical...You also have the lookalike thing to contend with...twins...

Thank you for the interesting idea...Cloning Jesus wouldn't have been at the top of my "prove" list...lol...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Crakeur!!! Good question!

Although this isn't on topic, I just want to take a second to respond.

Let's say you are living in the year 3600 and time travel is a reality. knowing how screwed up our world is and knowing that you cannot do anything to fix that while you are here, why would you want to come back?

I'm not sure what you mean by "...knowing that you cannot do anything to fix that while you are here...".

I think you mean that, if you travel back here from the future, and seeing how you have a limited effect on this (our current) timeline, why would you bother coming back?

Good question. Here's the thing, it's not that you don't have an effect, or can't effect things.

What I meant earlier is that you are not, simply by traveling through time, destroying worlds, tearing apart the universe, altering everyone's lives (although that doesn't mean you couldn't do stuff if you wanted to) as is represented in many fictional accounts of the process. You can walk around and talk to people (there are some guidelines) and the status quo will remain.

This means you CAN attempt to fix things if you travel back. I was merely saying before that your actions would not necessarily destroy the fabric of reality just because you stepped into our current time from the future.

You CAN, and if you really want to, then you will make this your mission.

I mentioned in another response that part of the reason our current time is ripe for these events to start is as a race we are open-minded, technologically advanced, and evolved enough to have these changes occur and take root on a worldwide scale.

We have the materials and know-how to create very advanced technology. Not only that, but we have a communication system that stretches around the planet, allowing us to communicate and share information instantaneously; via the Internet, television, etc.

This is the first time in the history of our species that this technology has been available. This sort of technology is what will be utilized to spread this sort of information instantaneously around the globe.

And this technology and more will be used by people wishing to get this information to the common man, free of obstruction. It is Thor's hammer for the common man, and we intend to use it!

I've had a lot of discussions, and have done a lot of research, and the future is going to be very different, and much better than it is now from what I understand.

Part of that is getting information out and unadulterated to every person on this planet...And that is underway now...We're contributing to it.

It's all in what you believe. But I feel very soon it won't be just a matter of belief or speculation...

Ultimately, to answer your question, you can make a difference, and one would come back to right what might be wrong. In the end they are helping themself, and out of compassion, every other human being on this planet...

OK, gotta get back on track...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Crakeur, it's a good question.

I couldn't answer it, but I would say thousands of people (maybe millions) have had an experience of some form with the man or spirit we call Jesus...

Although I haven't met the man myself...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi, Nygdan!!

Here's the thing. What if the device is not nuts and bolts; steel and fiberglass?

What if the description of the device itself takes some imagination, and there isn't a technological way for us to reproduce it?

This is just a question. Explaining the machine specifically might make more disbelievers than believers.

If you had a machine proper you could make a blueprint and someone could build another one. But what if the construction is different?

But as far as your point, it's right on - if you're dealing with a machine. You could offer blueprints, make thousands of copies and people could attempt to make them on their own...

I don't see this as a bad idea, unless you are wary of handing everyone the blueprint for time travel...Can you imagine the guys from Jackass in middle age Europe? LOL

Thank you, Nygdan!! It's a very good way to prove it, providing you have the physicists to construct it, and the government/military doesn't step in and take it. They like to do that, and there is no question that would happen here...

Peace!!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
andy1033, I see you're still liking the idea of cloning Jesus.

The thought (no offense to anyone) makes me chuckle, and doesn't seem right.

You're right it would take a long time.

You added,

the fact that there are no people like him on earth today, would bring attention to your course, and it would be hard to show that he is lying, if he could do what they believe he did, and no one should be able to stop him in theory.

No, I imagine Jesus wouldn't lie, but once he was old enough you would have to prove to him you could time travel.

Once you've done that (I can't believe I'm responding to this - no offense, andy, but we couldn't use this one...) then, yes, he wouldn't lie (you could hook him up to a lie detector...).

I think you need something more practical and faster. This one is kind of Rube Goldbergian in design...

Rock on!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey, thesaint!!!

OK, here's your suggestion (and I'll tell you in a second how something like this was actually done),

before i even told this person about myself being able to time travel i would make sure we were both together for an hour having a chat and a coffee obviously this would be somewhere private. Once we had finished i would say my goodbye and leave them...

I would then get into my time machine and take myself back to the beginning of that hour. I would then enter the room were myself and this person was. Obviously the other me sitting having a coffee is not surprised at all this was no shock to him this was his/my intention from the moment it was decided to have a coffee and a chat with this person.

This other person then being confronted with 2 of me both of us explaining the details of time travel would i suppose have no option but to believe me/us

Basically, you clone yourself and approach the person (and yourself) sitting at the table and explain how time travel works, etc.

Now, my immediate response to this was that this other person, not you, would think that you were a clone, or a twin. They would think you were pulling a prank.

However, if that was your mom sitting at that table (i.e., someone that's known you long enough to know you don't have a twin), then you could convince her something strange was up on the spot.

But, there is a possibility that she might think that some scientific facility cloned you, or someone had a mask made, or something to that effect. This is just a guess. What WOULD she think? Would she automatically accept time travel?

Anyway, we've already established that one person is easy to convince through any number of ways.

I will say this, I know someone who had an experience like this. And it was for this very purpose - to convince "himself" that he had time traveled. Does that make sense?

This person came back in time from, let's say 2040 (The future. The date's not important) to, let's say the year 2000, just to prove to himself that he came from the future.

So what his future self did, apparently, was to go to his own place of work in the year 2000, and hand a piece of paper to one of his coworkers. For some reason he didn't talk to himself, and he didn't hand the paper to himself.

What followed was a discussion by the man in 2000 with his coworkers that his coworkers followed in amazement.

After the conversation, one of the coworkers handed the man the piece of paper his future self brought, and on it was written the entire conversation they had just had.

The coworker told the man that someone who looked like him came by the office and told them he was a family member (cousin/brother?), and gave them this piece of paper.

The coworkers thought it was exciting that this happened, but the event wasn't repeated and the man has since left that company.

This was an example where this sort of self meeting self incident occurred, and as a means to pass a message from 2040 (or whenever) to 2000.

Anyway, one person is a piece of cake. Several people is where the work comes in...

Thank you, thesaint!! You're a good man!!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
"How can someone prove to you they have time traveled?"

encoded into language, languages, mythology, lore, legends, fables, words, in such a manner that people do not forget them, but also do not see the encodings, unless they know what it is they are looking for....

And, there must be a defense mechanism to prevent those who are unworthy from seeing the future that has been written

but this is a SECRET that you must SEEK WRIT

to ensure that FEW TOUR the secrets that were given us from the FUTURE

Or else people who are humans, and are merely the manifestation of selfishness, and a slave to their perspective of "Self Pre-Serve" might attempt to use or manipulate such knowledge to serve their personal agenda, and not humanities.

Conspiracy means Together we breath.
How is the environment doing? What reason would the future have for traversing time into their past? Conspiracy means we breath together.

Also, if it were not hidden in plain view, to act to change events would eliminate their proof that they were from the future, since their presence and recount of future events may have altered the timeline.

but, these are just som ideas, just som thoughts ....

sue seige = su sej = susej [mirror] jesus

kneel lead game = nel led gam = nelledgam [mirror] magdellen

maybe someone BAPPED you in your EYES when you were BAPPEDEYESED and said WAIT HERE when they splashed you with WATER.

perhaps there is meaning to COVEN the ANT with the COVENANT.

Who knows who is responsible for the INFLUENCE, perhaps one day it will be said "IN FLEW ANTS".

just some thoughts .... Surely the ANSWER is more than ANTS SIR!

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi, John!!

Thank you for putting your thoughts in here!! I loved the disclaimer. Are you going to publish it?
I am kidding!! LOL Good sense of humor!

I skipped over your technical explanation (I can get lost in that stuff), but it sounds good.

I wanted to note your comments below,

Regarding the paradox, "If you go back in time and kill your father will you still be here?" the answer is 'yes'. You will still be here because time is 'compartmentalized'. Once it happens it can't be changed but you still can go back 'there'.

That's a great concept - that time is compartmentalized. It seems like this could be a safety net to some extent, but whether it came standard, or if it was created after is a mystery...Still, it keeps us out of trouble to some extent it would seem...

And this was right on the money,

Time itself is a paradox to our way of thinking. We think of time as flowing from beginning to end. But thats not how it works. We are taught nonsense such as "everything started with the big bang". We are taught this because its easier for us to understand and there is no need for us to know anything more than this at this point in our development.

I actually "feel" like the past and future are mixing and intermingling...But our science is in large part served to us as a pap. I have a friend that I've talked to about infinity and she says she gets an uncomfortable feeling in her head when she thinks about it LOL Very true...

I am with you on no beginning and no end. In fact, I liked something I read recently, which is that our universe - the one we know and love - to us is constructed solely out of what we can perceive - it's a universe of perception.

But that is the tip of the iceberg, and there is an infinite universe stretching out around and inside of us.

Time is a trivial convenience...so it comes naturally that we could play with our perceived and limited notion of it...

I may disagree with you on this one point,

Time has always existed and always will exist. There is no beginning and no end.

However, my disagreement may only be a semantic one...I almost think that time doesn't exist...that it's a matter of perception, and it may not actually be a reality...but I can't be sure...

LOL and your disclaimer continues at the bottom...

If you think of something, about proving that you time traveled - how you would go about that, please return and post your thoughts. We'll credit you when your method of evidence is used.

Thank you very much for posting!! It's very much appreciated! Have a great weekend!!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Gazrok, hi!!

You offered,

Have them take a picture with a newspaper cover of a week from now. Come back, post it online, then verify once it comes out.

I see this as a good method, but could it be faked? Or better yet, would someone suspect that it was faked? How many people would it convince?

Can you expand on how this could be done? Would you show people in advance? Could those people tell the newspaper about it - and would that effect the outcome?

Just some things to think about...I'm playing a-hole skeptic. LOL

If you can add to this thought (or if a zinger strikes you) please post it!

Thanks a lot!!! Is this proving harder than it originally seemed, or am I being unfair?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm taking a break, then will be back in a couple of hours...

When I get back I'll resume with Crakeur's post, lower half of page 4, starting,

for starters, assuming christ was an actual living person

I don't know if I'm irritating people responding to everyone (if so, my apologies), but I want to continue responding.

There are excellent suggestions and they are leading to other ideas, etc., and that's important...

Thank you, all!! Back soon...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OnTheDeck:

Thanks, I think you're the first person to reply to me directly!

Well, I'm only speculating as to what the ramifications of a time travel might cause. But, saying they are not as extreme as "A Sound of Thunder", but still relatively moderate, it could be dangerous to even reveal the existence of time travelers. I think if somebody came to the present and provided any kind of evidence that proves it is completely possible to invent a time machine, it would probably be invented much more sooner than it was meant to and maybe even by a completely different inventor. This could in theory screw up the future and that time traveler would never be time traveling in the first place.

Or, supposing our traveler's present (our supposed future) is already set in stone, and nothing he can do in the past can alter his future, it could still be relatively threatening to our own future. It may inspire a scientist to invent the first time machine, instead of fulfilling his destiny of curing cancer.

I think it's also possible to consider that time travel could already have affected us. Maybe in an alternate present, we were at war with super-intelligent dinosaur descendants, but we developed the time machine to go back in time and brought an end to them long, long ago so that homo-sapien would have a chance! (Sounds like a good background for the Reptilians
), or maybe there's another present out there where the Nazi party rules the world, and there is no United States or UK. Maybe there are some time travelers out there secretly pushing us toward a peaceful path. For all we know, yesterday was armageddon, but the past was re-written so we now have memories of a present we didn't really experience. Or something.

I guess in that sense, time travel really would be the ultimate weapon. Nuclear Weapons would no longer be scary when you discover an enemy nation has the ability to alter history... to theoretically go back in time and negate your very existence!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I don't know if I'm irritating people responding to everyone (if so, my apologies), but I want to continue responding.

lol respond as much as you want! I think most of us are more worried that you'll get RSI or your fingers will just disintegrate from all the replies! But as long as you're learning/discussing what you want then it's up to you how much you reply! Good work, tis a fast growing thread

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK, mass proof (of sorts)..

Someone mentioned the video evidence and a vast quantity of jesus etc. I think I'm going to steal half of this idea and not the Jesus part for a whole host of reasons.

So I will take the video part. I assume a futuristic recording device that I also assume would be able to be played on the available media in the present.

So you take a city, say New York. One with a lot going on, a lot of history and well known throughout the world. You take the camcorder and strap it to your head so it records everything you see.

You then proceed to take a tour doing anything and everything. Whilst doing it you would narrate the video, explaining things or the differences in a logical and easy to understand manner, continuously. Take in as much as possible and explain as much as possible.

I would suggest that you would visit famous places like times square, statue of liberty etc. Buy a hot dog, use the subway, take taxis, buy things in stores, socialise and interact with other people as much as possible. Be a tourist. Talk to people, interview people. The works.

Take a ride in the transport of the time to another city or country or whatever, continue the documentary, presumably make as much material like this as is needed. Blow everyone away with the quality of the images, the explanations, the sheer quantity of data.

Get it back here on the web, any and every media outlet. Viral market it, spread it like wildfire, and it will spread to EVERYONE! (almost). Debunk away! There will be too much, too much will tie together, too much proof in one go, too much to explain away on technicalities...after all it WILL be genuine footage.

Undeniable! PLUS, theres more, yes more, as much as you like, just a few hours of footage like this alone would take a lifetime to debunk. And you can provide truck loads of it if necessary.

We all have our choices to believe what stares us in the face or not but I think a well packed bunch of footage like this will be hard pressed to beat.

[edit on 19/1/07 by Prote]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

OK, let's talk Back to the Future.

The question includes being able to travel to the past, as well as the future.

So, given that, could you go back in time, convince the young Michael J. Fox to hop in the machine with you and introduce him to the older Michael J. Fox?

Would people think this was just a look-alike, or a prank? How would even doing this prove conclusively that you time traveled?

kleverone, thank you for your response! lol Good movie...

But I thought that if Marty came in contact with his future self , it could cause a rip in the fabric of the space time continuem? Always wished you could own a hoverboard? Well now you can!!!!! Man I'm gonna get the pitbull

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In keeping with the Back to the Future theme, why not prove it to people the same way the Doc proved it to Marty...but on a much larger scale.

Set up a bunch of news reporters with cameras...allow as may people to view the event in person as possible...perhaps in a football stadium. Set up the time machine and send someone with a watch say 10 minutes into the future. For that matter use a dog like in the movie so everyone will realize the watch was not changed by human hand. The news reporters film everything including the return of the time machine and seeing the watches (clocks) are exactly 10 minutes apart.

Okay, it sounded better in my head than it looks in print...LOL

Marilyn~

JSR

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

JSR, howdy again!!

The stock market was mentioned. I don't know a lot about it, but what about insider trading, stuff like that?

If you told a large number of people that stocks for this company would do such and such I'm not sure they would equate that with time travel necessarily...

i thought about that after i posted.
you would have to give your predictions to neutral third party. and not tell anybody what it was untill it came true.

as far as, if it would prove anything, i think it would.
the "price" at close would be very hard, if not impossible to predict.

but, i could see where people would cry foul. call it a conspericy and all.
----------------
what about going into the future getting the cure for cancer, coming back, give your self cancer, and then cure it?

or would that be a miricle?
hay.....what if jesus....naw.....
or could it?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, i myself would take like 5 days where
there were thunderstorms in my city:

1- i would give the dates of the next 5 upcoming thunderstorms

2- i would note the exact time lightning goes (timing it to the second)

3- i would take note of where lightning struck on the ground (if there was damage)

Now when you give someone the exact day of a storm, the exact number of lightning strikes to the second and also where they hit the ground (if some damge was done)...well, that would go a long way to proving time travel for me.

There is way too much randomness in a thunderstorm for someone to be 100% right about the numbers of lightning strikes (to the second, mind you) in a storm i think...

OTHER METHOD:

Coming from the future i would know this person i want to prove my time travel to so i would manage to get a drop of blood from her first child (that she would have in the future) and when that child is born i would get the blood "from the future" tested to prove that i had seen her child in the future.

In both ways, its very hard i think to fake these kinda proofs...

[edit on 19-1-2007 by WarLokK]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join