It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama = Antichrist?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

I dont really quite know what other information I could possibly give then blatently proving that he is not the antichrist...
Well if snopes doesnt convince you, then god help you.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Obama fits most of the criteria of the Anti-Christ and the way he swept in and won his party nomination and the election, when no other black candidate has even ever come close, is scary. He has charm and eloquence. The Bible says he will be this way and that people will flock to him. He will promote a new age and he will say things that replace faith in God with faith in ourselves...faith in man. He has said things that raise eyebrows like a recent interview when he said "My Muslim faith" and the interviewer got him to correct the statement to "my Christian faith". That is a hardcore slip.
The Bible predicts much of what is happening. People will not read it for themselves though. They choose not to believe. The Bible also says they will be blinded to it.
What's going to happen is going to happen. Each person should make sure they are prepared for it spiritually.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
you guys are idiots you said the same thing about bush your morons

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wow your post is exactly how I feel. Here is Obama, in the age of technology where everything said is instantly all over the world thanks to cellphones, the internet, talk radio, and 24 hour news channels. Just 15 years ago, I used to think the whole Antichrist thing was stupid, a lie, and just dumb. Hell, 15 years ago the whole Antichrist idea WAS far-fetched. The world has evolved 100 years in 15 years it seems. 15 years ago the internet was mainly local BBS's, cellphones weren't invented yet, 24 hour news channels were lowly cable channels that no one watched. Here comes Obama out of nowhere, no experience, beats Hillary Clinton in the nominee process despite she was the obvious better choice, beats McCain for the presidency, and now the finance markets have crashed, democrats are about to take over all facets of government unchecked. I never thought of the Antichrist coming as a black man, I always pictured him as a white male, but it is a perfect disguise, if you think about it, black youth wouldnt blindly support a white candidate, so he has the support of the blacks, the young, the rich, the educated, the non-religious, the media. If anyone is the Antichrist, he has arrived. I do not believe in the rapture, so I do think all christians will suffer through what is about to happen. His supporters are mindnumb robots, I havent seen such loyalty to a leader since Hitler was in power. They say there are 3 Antichrists, and Hitler was #2 and Napoleon was #1. Barack Obama is the 3rd Antichrist, I firmly believe that. I write this to warn people who may not know prophecy as I have studied previously. I have first been interested in prophecy really since a teen as I grew up listening to thrash and death metal, and the end-times were one of the main topics of that music scene. But here is what I expect to happen. Obama takes over in January, 2009, and immediately runs the most partisan campaign ever seen, appealing only to the most far-left extremists and minorities. Government will seize control of 401k's, taxes will be raised on anyone making more than $42,000 or so a year so as to pay for social services for anyone who lives in poverty or wont work, for whatever reason. Any criticism of Obama will be labeled as racist. A race war could possibly begin between whites and blacks(and that is something that I have heard on shows seen on the likes of Discovery Network and History channel, where skinheads promised it 20 years ago)...That is another thing(a race war) that I used to think was stupid, an impossibilty. I can now see it happening when Obamas supporters become militant. Terrorist attacks will happen in the US for the first time since September, 2001. Oil and coal will be phased out and impossible to obtain. Near the end, food will only be available to those who have accepted Obama's word as God. Did you ever see the movie 'the stand' from stephen king? If you havent, do so now. Only, put Obama in the place of 'flagg', the antichrist. the antichrist has arrived, and his name is Barrack Hussein Obama...If anyone has any questions, comments, wants to argue, or needs further info, I am gonna give you my Email address. Just put "obama" in the subject line, because my junk filter will not accept emails otherwise.
[email protected]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Newsflash: the United States of America is the anti-christ. There will be no individual who gains that title, because there's no way a single person ever could. Human beings are delusional and pretend to be so important that one of them could be a great uniter of all nations. When the population increases so that the global consciousness is awakened, people will reach their end point in terms of moving away from each other and start pulling towards the center again. This is the plan for which the anti-christ is a part.

The United States is that figure. The changing of civilization takes centuries to enact. It happens as life continues and there will never be a realization of that mythic moment where people watch, huddled, as the great shadow of end times falls upon us. Things will play out on a scale unknown to human perception, and we will see it like dogs see a long car ride.

The United States of America fits every bill of the antichrist and some. It's currency is recognized globally, its corporations have created credit systems so massive that other nations are propped up on top of it. The economic crisis is a definite sign that we're living, literally, in the belly of the beast, but it's no different than any other recession. Our language is another good example of undue influence held by America worldwide.

This nation, its entire history and its whole future encompass the actions and presence of the antichrist. Is Barack Obama a part of it? Absolutely. But so is every American. Woohoo!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I will agree with above poster; Obama might very well be the anti-christ.

This talk has gone on for centuries, but in reality...can someone sit here and honestly sit back and name someone that fits the bill (such as having GREAT influence across the world [look at the other political leaders' responses of obama's win], telling Americans to put faith in themself and not their God..and the list goes on as the above poster mentions.

But, the bible (for those that believe) also does state that this will be a man. It won't be an idea, or a group of states (again, as one of the above posters state)...but it is also very clear; the man (antichrist) cannot admit that jesus came, was resurrected in the flesh and ascended into heaven, and that he is the son of the living God. i have yet to hear obama state any of that aside from the beating-around-the-bush statements of "my christian faith" or the like.

Anyone have any links to transcripts or videos of Obama specifically stating Jesus is the son of God, or that he was resurrected in the flesh (or something very very similiar)?

There will also be a false prophet though - those that lead the wary to the antichrist. Most analysts believe the antichrist will be a very powerful political leader while the false prophet will be some sort of religious figure.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

theres your first mistake. You looked it up on wikipedia. WIKIPEDIA ISNT RELIABLE!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
Newsflash: the United States of America is the anti-christ. There will be no individual who gains that title, because there's no way a single person ever could. Human beings are delusional and pretend to be so important that one of them could be a great uniter of all nations. When the population increases so that the global consciousness is awakened, people will reach their end point in terms of moving away from each other and start pulling towards the center again. This is the plan for which the anti-christ is a part.

The United States is that figure. The changing of civilization takes centuries to enact. It happens as life continues and there will never be a realization of that mythic moment where people watch, huddled, as the great shadow of end times falls upon us. Things will play out on a scale unknown to human perception, and we will see it like dogs see a long car ride.

The United States of America fits every bill of the antichrist and some. It's currency is recognized globally, its corporations have created credit systems so massive that other nations are propped up on top of it. The economic crisis is a definite sign that we're living, literally, in the belly of the beast, but it's no different than any other recession. Our language is another good example of undue influence held by America worldwide.

This nation, its entire history and its whole future encompass the actions and presence of the antichrist. Is Barack Obama a part of it? Absolutely. But so is every American. Woohoo!

Well said, he might even be the unclechrist, but besides that anyone who may be anti any bloody religion has my backing, no religion has the best interests of the future of humanity as a whole as its basis.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Obama antichrist?lol? Maybe

The REAL antichrist will be exactly like Christ that's why many will be decieved, even the hardcore Christians.

Obama didn't come from outer space and witnessed around the world so it's not him. There's a possibility he might cause everyone to recieve the 'mark'(microchips, whatever), but it's still not him

Understand deception can have many layers. There could be many coincidences, but who knows, this coincidences are purposely done so the real thing will remain hidden...

Things are really scary atm, who knows Antichrist = Christ himself
Think, think, think! Understand the layers, try to think how you can rule the world through deception, by winning the hearts of men!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
But, the bible (for those that believe) also does state that this will be a man. It won't be an idea, or a group of states (again, as one of the above posters state)...but it is also very clear; the man (antichrist) cannot admit that jesus came, was resurrected in the flesh and ascended into heaven, and that he is the son of the living God. i have yet to hear obama state any of that aside from the beating-around-the-bush statements of "my christian faith" or the like.

The Bible is a metaphor, more than anything. It uses the idea of a single presence in order to clarify its message in a way we can relate to. Do you think there's going to be a great multiheaded dragon that descends from the sky too? Because it seems a lot more likely to me that the guys who wrote those prophecies were using the terrifying image of a dragon to speak about human interaction and not a literal dragon.

Actually what I find more likely is that people who wrote the bible were on hallucinogens. But that's neither here nor there.

Or, if you want to keep on truckin' in a Tolkien-esque fantasy world of mad rulers with absolute global power, consider that the antichrist is using the expected presence of a singlular man who is the antichrist as a cover for what it really is: a system of laws and principles drafted by a roomful of occultists in Philadelphia almost three hundred years ago.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by joecamel]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by joecamel

Okaaaaay, I just read a post on the page before this one about how Obama treated Hillary and how Obama twisted things about Mccain, etc. and so on. Funny because Mccain is SUCH A CAREER POLITICIAN! THEY ALL ARE!!!! Every single frickin' candidate IS A CAREER POLITICIAN! And what is the problem with that? If you're a career salesman are you an antichrist as well? And then way in the middle of this post someone said that Obama came out of nowhere and we're all supposedly like "obama who?" This is supposed to be another "criteria" of the Antichrist- that he/she/it comes out of nowhere. NEWS FLASH! Look up Obama's RESUME! He's been in the USA doing good deeds and doing his "job" for many many many YEARS. Just because you don't know anything about him or ever heard of him does NOT make him the Antichrist. In my opinion then, PALIN is the antichrist b/c she came out of nowhere and I don't really think anyone except the people of ALASKA knows who the heck she is.

Okay OBAMA INTERVIEW SAYING HE IS MUSLIM:
www.snopes.com...
Click on this link and you will clearly see that the interviewer interrupted Obama when Obama was confronting the rumor that McCain was trying to accuse Obama of being Muslim. Read it and weep you religious jerks! Not only are yall horrible people to accuse Obama of being some horrible person but it is clearly tied to his race. I guess when you're a nice calm person like Obama, that makes you evil. I guess if he were smug as a bug and dirty like Mccain then everyone would like him. I just KNOW that Obama is being hated on because of his MIXED background. Eventually, there will be NO RACES. The earth's humans are becoming a big melting pot of different races. Interacial everything is all over everywhere. It's evolution. NOT the coming of a religious evil icon.

I suppose I am evil and an antichrist myself. Only when we get rid of the dividers amidst mankind will we know true "heaven". RELIGION is "evil". Just look up the beginning of any religion. They all have an extremely shadey past and a gross trail of horror. All those things carried out in the name of "GOD" or whatever a religion calls their idol.

History is witness to the mass destruction of countless cultures, and the almost complete genocide of entire races at the hands of Christianity. History is now proving that most cultures destroyed by Christianity far outweighed in morals and dignity what they were replaced by.

There have been many revisions in the teachings of Jesus Christ since it first took hold some 2,000 years ago. But until the xenophobic and iconoclastic teachings of the Bible are corrected, mission activity will yield the same catastrophic results. As taught in the Bible, 'we can know a tree by its fruit,' these evangelists need to adopt a more pluralistic theology, recognizing the divinity in other religions and the contributions of other cultures and further recognize that theirs is not the only path to salvation. Suffice it to say, until these things have been corrected, that to label such endeavors for Christ as good works or pious activity is wrong.

In this modern age, those deemed with good intelligence, who are advanced in philosophy and science, have no other choice than to condemn these preaching activities worldwide, which seek to destroy ethnic cultures. Mission activities need to be monitored and the conversion agenda needs to be reconsidered.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here's a thought...

Given that the concept of "Christ" has been so corrupted by organized religion, would an "Anti-Christ" be such a bad thing?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alabaster
Here's a thought...

Given that the concept of "Christ" has been so corrupted by organized religion, would an "Anti-Christ" be such a bad thing?

Or rather, Anti-Christ=Christ, both bad, who knows really.

But in the Bible, the concept of a 'King' is made clear, all of your possessions, including your kids suddenly belonged to the king. And you will toil for him. Almost like a slave to one man.

Somewhere in the 'kings' verses where Israel was in a big mess when the people accepted the concept of king just to restore order.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Textreply to post by ahnggk

Humans are such peculiar creatures. They find so much excitement and reason for being through horror and devastation. It is quite interesting to watch you all bumble about over the topic at hand. Ponder this: The God that you all are fighting over and "his" end plan for all of life; Did it ever occur to you that it all stems from a history full of politically motivated "religious" cults? Research the history of christians and others. You will be captivated by the facts of history. After reading such information it will be impossible to not believe the "end of the world" goals for many religious fanatics. I use the word "goals" because those religious people need them to occur in order to validate their beliefs. Now, do know that all of the supposed end times events have occurred many many many times throughout the life of the planet. It is just a fact- Earth is violent. The stories in the bible are such open ended vague descriptions that describe every kind of devastating event possible. Tornadoes, virus outbreaks, hurricanes, earthquakes, sunburns. These kinds of events have always occurred all throughout all of life on Earth. Mother Nature is tough.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When pushed, the Christians I have discussed this with have ideas regarding the Antichrist more related to the "Left Behind" series than anything from the Book of Revelation. How can the writers of "Left Behind" and other Christian prophecy scholars draw such exact conclusions about the nature of the Antichrist from those few vague lines of scripture? Of course, they cannot, but their dogmatic conclusions have become elements of belief to fringe evangelicals. I think Obama will be a disaster in terms of both foreign and economic policy and his huge ego and hunger for power, combined with love for him around the world create a very dangerous situation. Should be interesting to watch, but "Antichrist?" What was Hitler if not the nearly perfect incarnation of the invented "Antichrist" of religious zealots?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Christ is the physically perceivable body of God... It is the perception itself (solids, liquids, gases, colors, sounds, etc), the experience (actually seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching, etc) and ABILITY to perceive (including think, reason, choose and act).

That which could potentially make one feel that existence itself isn't "worth it", make it in any way uncomfortable, or in any way hinder existence's ability to achieve it's divine positive potential is "anti-christ like"...

The antichrist itself IS in the form of man (plural generic, as in "mankind/humans"), as well as IS in man (in his system of doing things... his societal structure)...

On a site note before I continue I'd like to state that are sins are such because they incur suffering of some form... It is only suffering (the intentional or unintentional infliction of) that is truly sinful...

Okay anyway, so back to the antichrist... THE ANTICHRIST is our system "economic oppression"... the enslavement, caging, control and rationing out of that which is NEEDED... economically oppressing ourselves, dominating nature, and endangering the whole globe...

Existence has only 1 need... ENERGY.... whether it be food, shelter/clothing (climate control), or even into our whole industrial structure... the whole thing is the "harnessment" of energy....

Notice how the energy foundation of economic oppression consumes such a large quantity of time, our monetary system, and conquers nature like a bulldozer running over a sandcastle?

And it has risen in mankind to dominate nature under the guise of protecting it (energy to no longer need to cut down trees, and ride/slave horses, and machines to ease people in their endeavors)...

This fuel for that energy harnessment HAS risen out of the middle east (notice how coal isn't at the top, nor is uranium... which are from other areas of the world? Rather it is OIL that has risen)...

The antichrist is here... and one's like corporate big wigs on all fronts, even the political scene, organizational religious fanaticals, and the criminal parasite (those that would be lost without someone to "steal from")... are both it's pawns and soldiers in the game...

Once the system changes and energy is liberated... the antichrist will be dead... those that serve it will then suffer... those who haven't to as the best ability they've been able (all things considering -- such as those who are energy workers only because of the opressive system) will rejoice...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just had to giggle a bit when I read the below post on this thread from January 2007:

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama isn't the anti-christ.

The anti-christ is supposed to be someone who is widely adored and supported. Obama is not. A majority of Americans will not vote for him for various reasons...

...You can't have an anti-christ who isn't adored by the masses.

We don't really know anything at this point regarding the actual identity of the Antichrist but the above post from two years ago amused me.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Christ is the physically perceivable body of God... It is the perception itself (solids, liquids, gases, colors, sounds, etc), the experience (actually seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching, etc) and ABILITY to perceive (including think, reason, choose and act).

That which could potentially make one feel that existence itself isn't "worth it", make it in any way uncomfortable, or in any way hinder existence's ability to achieve its divine positive potential is "anti-christ like"...

The antichrist itself IS in the form of man (plural generic, as in "mankind/humans"), as well as IS in man (in his system of doing things... his societal structure)...

On a side note before I continue I'd like to state that sins are such because they incur suffering of some form... It is only suffering (the intentional or unintentional infliction of) that is truly sinful...

Okay anyway, so back to the antichrist... THE ANTICHRIST is our system "economic oppression"... the enslavement, caging, control and rationing out of that which is NEEDED... economically oppressing ourselves, dominating nature, and endangering the whole globe...

Existence has only 1 need... ENERGY.... whether it be food, shelter/clothing (climate control), or even into our whole industrial structure... the whole thing is the "harnessment" of energy....

Notice how the energy foundation of economic oppression consumes such a large quantity of time, our monetary system, and conquers nature like a bulldozer running over a sandcastle?

And it has risen in mankind to dominate nature under the guise of protecting it (energy to no longer need to cut down trees, and ride/slave horses, and machines to ease people in their endeavors)...

This fuel for that energy harnessment HAS risen out of the middle east (notice how coal isn't at the top, nor is uranium... which are from other areas of the world? Rather it is OIL that has risen… All control of access to energy from fuels is to blame, I mean oil has risen to the TOP… it is the indistinguishable epitomy of the actual whole problem)...

The antichrist is here... and those like corporate big wigs on all fronts, even the political scene, organizational religious fanaticals, and the criminal parasite (those that would be lost without someone to "steal from")... are both its pawns and soldiers in the game...

Once the system changes and energy is liberated... the antichrist will be dead... those that serve it will then suffer... those who haven't, to the best ability they've been able (all things considering) will rejoice...

There CAN be a balanced coexistence with nature, and a form of capatilism and trade based on "wants" instead of "needs"... that isn't going to endanger the whole planet, and will not oppress any people (or anything else) because there will be a "lifestyle" minimum rather than minimum "wage".... It is possible to have the true concept of what the United States of America was meant to be ACTUALLY EXIST...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I Don't think Obama is the Anti-Christ, heres why. America is in a downfall and dangerously close to Depression. If this in fact happens America will lose super power status. The EU will take its place and therefore a EU leader will be in power. Maybe the next EU president? or what if Prince Charles, or Prince William take the throne?

Just my two cents

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join