It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained photo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wig,

I'm a she, not a he, just so you know. no biggie. i'm just as nerdy as the next ufo researcher (just not as smart, apparently).

the way i see it, if people can look at that big image of the bb i posted and still not see anything pertinent to the topic of UFOs and Aliens, then I'm apparently in the wrong forum.

Hey, quit talkin' to me, I need to go study.
I'm tired of this abuse. I can abuse myself just fine, thank you.

oh and reposting the info, one more time, so i don't have to retort on those who post without reading the other pages. covering my backside...on the way out...:

it's from this image (on the bulletin board)
thestargates.com...

here's bulletin board
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...

source of original
grin.hq.nasa.gov...

NASA Center: Langley Research Center
Variable Density Wind Tunnel
Full Description
Left to right: Eastman Jacobs, Shorty Defoe, Malvern Powell, and Harold Turner. In this photo taken on March 15, 1929, a quartet of NACA staff conduct tests on airfoils in the Variable Density Tunnel. (In 1985, the Variable Density Tunnel was declared a National Historic Landmark.) Eastman Jacobs is sitting (far left) at the control panel'.
Keywords
Variable Density Tunnel Eastman Jacobs Shorty Defoe Malvern Powell Harold Turner Langley NACA
Subject Category
NACA-LaRC, Wind Tunnels-Exterior,
----

Frankly, I think they mislabelled it. It doesn't appear to be a wind tunnel.

Thanks for the corroboration. Beezwaxes.

Happy 2007.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by undo]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Uhh. . so is our work done here? The photo is real. . just mislabled? The photos on the board are still intriguing, the one on the top right looks like two saucers. But a reptillian eating a human head is a bit crazy. And you are scared of it? Hmmmm

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
recanting on the "not a wind tunnel" statement as i found documentation on it. i don't know all that gobbedly-gook, but it appears to be a "variable density wind tunnel" lol

naca.central.cranfield.ac.uk...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Uhh. . so is our work done here? The photo is real. . just mislabled? The photos on the board are still intriguing, the one on the top right looks like two saucers. But a reptillian eating a human head is a bit crazy. And you are scared of it? Hmmmm

oh there are a few things on that board that are just bizaare, such as the sketches of eyes (2 sketches), the disks, the weird grey looking things with white tubes. the reptilian head with headless whatever, it's all a bit over the top for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
that has to be the most disgracefull picture i have ever seen. i can make one exactly like that using miscrosoft paint. that picture jas no evidence what so ever.

Wig

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi Undo,

I was just going to give you this link, but I see you found your own proof.
www.cr.nps.gov...
also
tps.cr.nps.gov...

On the bulletin board top right "ufos" are maybe aerofoils.

below that the bluprint style picture is the same as that shown in your cranfield link Fig 1 Pg 17.

All the others must be aerofoils and pictures of models mounted inside the unit, and diagrams of lift on aerofoils. And of course Jesus

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
ah yeah.thanx for the pixel blobs.on to next thread!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
First pixels... page 2.. more pixels.. page 3 more pixels...

Sip to page 5 and we're on wind tunnels! im very confused.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Okay, this is the last time i'm responding to this thread. It was a question. If you can't see anything, just say so. That's all I wanted to know. I had a question. I brought it here. I did the best I could with what i had. If I could've figured out what it was (it was so pixellated), I wouldn't have asked in the first place!

I get it now! Don't ask questions! ALRIGHT ALREADY.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hello all, this is my first post on this pretty interesting site so here goes...

Your original post at the start of this thread said : -

"This is from a larger picture containing a very disturbinng image of a reptilian eating the head of a female human. It's rather graphic upon close inspection."

Now just getting to grips with ATS threads and by my username you will no doubt gather I am a sceptic. However its post like these that makes myself and other sceptics shake our heads in disbelief at the ludicrousness of the whole UFO/Alien discussion. Judging from other posts even some believers are hanging thier heads in disbelief at the vagueness of this post.

'Very disturbing' and 'rather graphic' image is it. Erm if images like that disturb you I advise you to avoid reading any newspaper as they contain numerous photos much more disturbing that your "images".

Sorry, but another reason to remain a sceptic.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If youre really interested in UFO and EBEs get over the whole reptilian thing. Like NOW. Whatever you read is complete BIASED BS even if the reptilians did exist... which I have have many doubts about.

I will say that reptilians MAY exist, but not in the form that people describle. For 1, they would not be truly reptilian just a resemblance. 2, the stories are some of the most crackpot I've heard. 3, how the hell are they classified as reptilian? Is there PROOF (yes real proof NOT Icke), that they conform to the biological reptile class? I doubt it very highly.

I myself have experiencend stange things, very strange things that I can remember reasonably well. I would never read anything about reptilians myself.

There are many closer avenues to the truth. Reptilian BS is a complete and utter waste of time.

LOL. Did you see the post about the 'morphing' faces what a joke. Its called video compression.

PS.
Did you know that reptiles are cold blooded, therefore cannot move much at all or they build up too much lactic acid which destroys their muscles? Doesn't sound very fitting for a humanoid species does it? For those of you who must argue and say they are warm blooded, that would make them different from reptiles. Gigantothermy doesnt count either because your supposed reptiles do not have enough centralised body mass.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello all! I've been checking out the forum for some time, but this is my first post.

I've been looking at this photo long and hard, and I sure don't see anything to indicate it is fake.

As with the rest of you, the bulletin board is very interesting. I'm a relatively basic Photoshop user, but what I did was cut out the board, invert it (the colors that is) and stretch it out a bit to give more of a "head-on" view. The images, like someone mentioned above, seem like x-rays or negatives, and they seem correct with the colors inverted. You can certainly make out some interesting images with this picture:

Here's to hoping I did that right...

Ok - after previewing I see it's an external image - how do I embed it? At least you can see it...

At any rate, in this picture, IMHO, I see the following:
Top left - seems to be a Grey.
Top row, 3rd in - looks like a different Grey.
Top row, 5th in - Kinda looks humanish, maybe a hybrid?
Second row, 3rd in - looks like a reptoid.
The crosses in the second row look interesting - anyone see anything like that before?
Bottom right - looks like a drawing or sketch of some sort?

The rest is a little too vague to make out, but if anyone can see anything that I haven't mentioned, or wishes to add comments, please feel free. Also, if there is another piece of the picture you'd like me to play with I'd certainly be happy to help.

Also, SeenItAll, I agree that on earth, reptiles as we know them are cold-blooded. However, I seem to recall that there was evidence of dinosaurs possibly being warm-blooded (had something to do with the bone structure - I read that a long time ago so I'll have to see if I can find it), but at any rate, we're talking about alien life, so who's to say alien reptiles aren't warm-blooded? Just my 2 cents...

Qetyl

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If they were alien they wouldnt be reptiles by our classification.

Dinosaurs were gigantothermic.

Their body mass was able to retain heat because of their size, and therefore were able to survive with 'cold' blood. They did not metabolise their own body heat. It is the same with giant tortoises.

PS. What evidence is there, or rather, what heresay is there that they could be classified as reptiles anyway apart from the scales? Bats have pointy teeth too..... to catch insects. So do many fish and dophins. Heck even fish have scales. Are they reptiles?

A main part of the reptilian classification is 'cold' blood. It basically means that they cannot metabolise their own body heat, not because their blood is literally cold. A bipedal species with 'cold' blood would have a very hard time evolving thats for sure. You would need extreme conditions that do not exist on this planet. If they came from another planet then they could definetely not be classified as reptilian. They would probably need their own biological kingdom. No I don't mean a castle, look it up if you're confused (no offense if you know what I'm talking about).

Ram

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

this is what my eyes see - two persons in a room with PC's.
A window on left side - And some bright background like a wall or somthing.
In the center a laptop.

Qetyl Is this the picture you stretched?
If so - O hhh myyyy goood....

Just saw it after i posted my idea.

looks very alien

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Ram]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just forget about reptiles and the moon and Mars. You aren't going to find anything. Believe me I've been searching for years.

My apologies Mr Lear...

I have studied geosciences too, and theres nothing definitive. Interesting yes, but geology is interesting in itself. I'm sure you could find many similar things on the Earth. My call is lava tunnels. They can make some pretty amazing formations that look much different from the ground.

Answers are surrounding us if we band together in a coherent group.

Wig

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Needs Convincing

Sorry, but another reason to remain a sceptic.

Why?

Everyone replied in disbelief that the OP thought she could enlarge to maximum, then enlarge again and again and again, hopefully the OP does believe us that you cannot do this.

There is only one conclusion that you can draw from this thread, and I think everyone here has come to the same conclusion. But it has nothing to do with ufos, or anything else "ATS".

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Pfffffffffffttttttttt Reptilians

Dont know what else to say except read my above post. Even if they are they most definetely aren't reptilians. For those of you who would argue that they lived underneath the earth for 300 million years, consider this...

Homo Sapiens Neandethalis evolved into Homo Sapiens Sapiens in approximately 200,000 years. I dont think they would be carrying too many reptilian traits after that long underground without the sun.

Wig

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qetyl

I've been looking at this photo long and hard, and I sure don't see anything to indicate it is fake.

No, it's national monument it's not fake.

At any rate, in this picture, IMHO, I see the following:
Top left - seems to be a Grey.
Top row, 3rd in - looks like a different Grey.
Top row, 5th in - Kinda looks humanish, maybe a hybrid?
Second row, 3rd in - looks like a reptoid.
The crosses in the second row look interesting - anyone see anything like that before?
Bottom right - looks like a drawing or sketch of some sort?

I hope you are not taking this too seriously, there are many "greys" - "Grey smudges", it's a wind tunnel, it's on display at langley if you want to go and see it. Do you think they want to see how aerodynamic an alien is?

The rest is a little too vague to make out,

You don't say.

Ram,
Nice imagination you have there, you do realise that collection of grey pixels was enlarged to something like 20000x probably by enlarging to the max, saving then enlarging to the max again.

Do you know what I see in it? I see a christmas tree on the left the roof of the whitehouse in the middle.

I can't believe anyone except OP is taking this seriously, "Need Convincing" I retract, please rescuse me from this place

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
img19.imageshack.us...

I straightened the board out, but still the image quality suffers.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
If they were alien they wouldnt be reptiles by our classification.

Dinosaurs were gigantothermic.

Their body mass was able to retain heat because of their size, and therefore were able to survive with 'cold' blood. They did not metabolise their own body heat. It is the same with giant tortoises.

PS. What evidence is there, or rather, what heresay is there that they could be classified as reptiles anyway apart from the scales? Bats have pointy teeth too..... to catch insects. So do many fish and dophins. Heck even fish have scales. Are they reptiles?

A main part of the reptilian classification is 'cold' blood. It basically means that they cannot metabolise their own body heat, not because their blood is literally cold. A bipedal species with 'cold' blood would have a very hard time evolving thats for sure. You would need extreme conditions that do not exist on this planet. If they came from another planet then they could definetely not be classified as reptilian. They would probably need their own biological kingdom. No I don't mean a castle, look it up if you're confused (no offense if you know what I'm talking about).

seenitall - I suppose technically, if they are extraterrestrial, there would be a completely different type of classification as they genetically wouldn't gee-up with anything from Earth. However, if we're talking about identifying them as Reptilian or otherwise, they are still under the Animal Kingdom, but certainly they would get their own classification. The class Reptilia describes several specific traits common among reptiles, I would say it is reasonable to assume a Reptilian-looking race from another world would not meet those criteria. As a side note - I have read several different definitions of the Reptilia classification, none of them have mentioned being cold-blooded as a main trait. Here's a brief definition from answers.com:

Reptilia (rep′til·yə) (vertebrate zoology) A class of terrestrial vertebrates composed of turtles, tuatara, lizards, snakes, and crocodileans; characteristically they lack hair, feathers, and mammary glands, the skin is covered with scales, they have a three-chambered heart, and the pleural and peritoneal cavities are continuous.

We are simply referring to them as reptilian based solely on exterior appearance and lack of a better name. You seem to be a bit hung-up on this whole thing - let it go

Attempting to veer this thread back on track - I merely posted the image so everyone might get a better feel for what undo was seeing. I personally take everything with a grain of salt as I've not personally met or otherwise been presented with irrefutable evidence of their existance.

FWIW - I do not see a reptilian eating a human, just some pictures that seem to generally conform to the commonly accepted appearance of certain alien species.

I want to believe, but I haven't been convinced yet...

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join