It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Women's Tennis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is there any women out there that are willing to step up and beat the William Sisters on a consistant basis?

TRD

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well not many,Kim Clijsters may get the closest.
You may know more about Chanda Rubin she is moving up the ranks.How good is she?

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Kim is probably the closest cause she imporved alot during the off-season.

Chanda plays well agaisnt other players, but once it comes time to play the Sisters she does bad.
I just would like to see the Sisters lose. Hingis might not come back cause of an injury, davenport has another injury, and Jen comes close to beating them but ends up lossing.

TRD

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah I would like to see them get beat.

Agree Capriati does get close she's playing well maybe it's her turn?

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
maybe it will be cap's turn, her and kim are probably the only one's that can do it, seles is getting slower, and nobody else has enough firepower to stay with the sister's.
Steffi Graf should come back and teach them a lesson.

TRD

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Steffi Graf should come back and teach them a lesson.

Steffi was damn good,if she did come back would she still have it?

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Steff was amazing if she came back iam sure she would be good still look who she is married two.

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes i suppose being married to Andre she keeps well fit

She could still do the job easy,but alas she is still retired.So i still am banking on capriati to beat them.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Capriati i think would be able to do it, any women's player on the tour has a better chance of defeating the sisters on the Clay, but by the way it looked last year the sisters were pretty dominating on the clay.
A fun match-up to watch would be the William Sisters vs. The MacEnroe brothers.

[Edited on 04/07/2003 by Ben]

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A fun match-up to watch would be the William Sisters vs. The MacEnroe brothers.

Now that would be good.

Yeah the williams seem to be improving on the other surfaces which is really annoying

I just hoping that they meet a inform Capriati or Clijsters along the way or some of the others decide to have a good day.

TRD

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Now this is nice to see!!!!!!!!

Serena Williams, who had speculated on going unbeaten through 2003, suffered her first defeat of the season on Sunday when Belgian Justine Henin-Hardenne denied her in the final of the Family Circle Cup.

The American world number one, who holds all the Grand Slam titles, had an off day, while Henin-Hardenne was at her resilient best, defeating Williams 6-3 6-4.

Williams had won all 21 of her matches this year prior to the final in Charleston, picking up titles at the Australian Open, the Paris Indoors and Miami.

It was Henin-Hardenne's second title of the year, the diminutive Belgian having collected her first in Dubai.

Lets hope she has more off day's as they put it.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Who do you think is the hottest womens tennis player? I guess I'd have to vote for Anna Kournikova.

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Justine Henin- Hardenneplayed a great match agaisnt Sernea, Justine outplayed her in every part of the game. And it was very nice to see Sernea finally get beaten. I am hoping that other women on the tour will see this and they will hope that this could be a sign of things to come. That the Williams Sisters can be beaten.

The hottest women tennis played? Hmmmmmmm, i was going to have to say Anna but that is a given, i like the American up and comer Ashley Harkerload.

TRD

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ohhh Definatly Anna nice A$$

As you say Ben lets hope others take the initiative and realise they can be beaten.I hope this doesn't make the Williams even more determined....

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
How is Jennifer Capriati doing? I haven't heard her name very much since she made her comeback.

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At the moment she is Ranked 6th in the world not to sure how she has been faring in the tournament's but she must be doing pretty good.

Oh yes Venus Williams has been knocked off the number 2 spot by Kim Clijsters only by a few points though but that is good news

Serena is still way out in front in the rankings

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Oh yes Venus Williams has been knocked off the number 2 spot by Kim Clijsters only by a few points though but that is good news

Serena is still way out in front in the rankings

No way Venus has been knocked off, now that just made my day!!!!!
Its about time, Serena finally lost for the first time this year, and if she doesnt win another tournament all year somebody else is bound to be in front.

Jen is doing pretty well this season. Jen, Kim, and Justine now are the only ones really capable of doing it. So I hope Serena loses.

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
No way Venus has been knocked off, now that just made my day!!!!!
Its about time, Serena finally lost for the first time this year, and if she doesnt win another tournament all year somebody else is bound to be in front.

Thought you would like that! couldn't believe it myself when i looked..

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
World number one Serena Williams has withdrawn from next month's MasterCard German Open to concentrate on her preparations for this summer's Grand Slam events.

Another one she won't win

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I dont watch a whole lot of tennis, just sportscenter highlights, but is it pretty much known that Serena is better than Venus, or are they really close?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join