It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs 05

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And the Wiz pull it off, winning 94-91 after trailing for most of the game,

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh man, did the Bulls ever blow it?

They had the ball, tie game with 24 seconds left. Duhon turns around as the inbound pass hits him in the back and the Wizards steal the ball and go down and score.

With 4 seconds left and the Bulls down 3, Tyson Chandler takes a jumper inside the arc, probably about a 17-footer. Even if it had went in, the Bulls still lose.

They're young and it really showed in the last couple minutes of this game.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A couple of disappointing Game 7's last night.

Dallas flat out crushed the Rockets by 40 points to advance to the second round. Thats the biggest margin of victory for a playoff game 7 in NBA history.

The Pacers also spanked the Celtics by 27.

Today's Second-Round Game 1's

Washington @ Miami - 3:30pm EST

Seattle @ San Antonio - 8pm

www.sportsline.com...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
A couple of disappointing Game 7's last night.

Dallas flat out crushed the Rockets by 40 points to advance to the second round. Thats the biggest margin of victory for a playoff game 7 in NBA history.

The Pacers also spanked the Celtics by 27.

I didin't catch last night's games, just saw who won in the headlines earlier. Sounds like I didn't miss much, and the teams I wanted to win, did.

40 points, WOW!!! I guess the rockets were all worried if they'll still have cach Van Gundy next season, or if it will be the Patrick Ewing show.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Man, whats with these playoff games?

Saturday, both game 7's were blowouts.

Sunday, Miami won 105-86 and San Antonio won 103-81.

Tonight, Detriot won 96-81 and the Suns are winning 99-73 right now after three quarters.

I like the matchups but the games arent even worth watching past mid-3rd quarter lately. Hopefully they get better, there hasnt been a good fourth quarter since last week.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I find that it goes back and forth with the blowouts. But anyways, Phoenix is a sure west winner in my opinion, Detroit in the east, Phoenix all around. What is your pick?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The pacers picked up a game on the Pistons tonight, and so far the Mavericks are sticking it to the Suns, up 54-46 at the half.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Surprising to see the two road teams win last night.

The Pacers overcame an early Detroit lead to win and Dallas played well and evened up their serieswith the Suns. I think Dirk calling out Dampier inspired him, he played much better last night. This should be a long series.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Two more games slated for tonight....

Miami @ Washington, 8pm EST, Miami leads series 2-0

San Antonio @ Seattle, 10:30pm, San Antonio leads 2-0

It would be nice to see the home teams win tonight just to make the series interesting.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Two more games slated for tonight....

Miami @ Washington, 8pm EST, Miami leads series 2-0

San Antonio @ Seattle, 10:30pm, San Antonio leads 2-0

It would be nice to see the home teams win tonight just to make the series interesting.

Unfortunately, thouhg, these are the series that wouldn't be surprising if they ended up as sweeps, or finished in 5 games.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Phoenix Suns guard Joe Johnson underwent surgery Thursday to repair a displaced fracture in the bone around his left eye.

The starting guard, who has played in all 287 games since coming to the Suns in his rookie season, will miss at least the next two games of the team's Western Conference semifinal series against Dallas and probably Game 5 in Phoenix as well, Suns president Bryan Colangelo said.

Johnson was injured when he was fouled by Jerry Stackhouse on a drive to the basket late in the first half of the Suns' 108-106 loss in Game 2 on Wednesday night. The 6-foot-7 guard hung on the rim briefly, then crashed face-first to the floor, and lay there for several minutes while receiving six stitches to close a cut near the eye.

Johnson climbed to his feet and made one of two free throws before leaving the game.

Stackhouse was called for a flagrant foul, but the NBA rescinded it Thursday after reviewing the play.

Johnson has averaged 19 points a game in the playoffs, third-highest on the team. He has shot 57 percent from 3-point range (13-for-23), best of any player in the postseason.

www.sportsline.com...

I think the one weakness that Phoenix has, if they have any, is that they dont have a very deep bench. They usually only play seven players so others are going to have to step up, especially Jim Jackson who will replace Johnson in the starting lineup.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Exactly PA, this injury will expose the lack of depth that they have, and Dallas will take this series.

Right now, the Pistons are getting slapped by the Pacers, 42-28 at the half.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow, the Pistons have it down to 6 with 6 minutes left.

Should be a photo finish.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
After the Pistons took the lead for a short while, it's back to a 3 point Indy lead with 59 ticks remaining

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Pacers pulled it off, 79-74, to take a two game to one lead in the series.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Great game tonight, I think that Dallas Pheonix will also be one for the ages...

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here's where the second round stands at the moment -

Miami beat Washington 4-0

Indianapolis and Detriot are tied up at 2 games apiece.

Seattle and the Spurs are also tied at 2 games each.

Pheonix is leading Dallas 2 games to 1, but the MArvs are putting the pressure on tonight, with the score 85-70 at the 3:45 mark in the 3rd.

GO MAVS!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Every series except one is going to be great in this second round:

West
1. Phoenix -- 2
4. Dallas -- 2

2. San Antonio -- 2
3. Seattle -- 2

East
1. Miami -- 4
5. Washington -- 0

2. Detroit -- 2
6. Indiana -- 2

This is going to be a great round if you ask me. It is shaping up to be real "Playoff Basketball". That is what I like to see!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Heat are going to be plenty rested while they watch the Pacers and Pistons beat each other up. It couldn't have worked out any better for Shaq, who has missed the past two games with that thigh bruise.

"We know he's going to come back hungry and mad,'' Dwayne Wade said. "And everybody knows what a mad Shaq is like.''

As far as the other three series, everyone knows the importance of a Game 5 in a 7-game series that's tied at 2. Still alot of good basketball left!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ah, but will Miami be too well rested, and rusty?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join