It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs 05

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
With all the matchups in the first round going on, who is going to take what and who is going to be the Champs come the end of the playoffs.

I think one of the most important matchups in the opening round is the Nets vs the Heat, with Shaq questionable, and Richard jefferson going to give it a go for the nets, are the Heat in trouble? Vince and Kidd have been performing very well lately and have been hard to stop thse past couple of weeks.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Sixers are off to a great start against the defending world-champion Pistons, they're up 10 in the first half.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This year it has to be one of the most open playoffs for a long time. It would be hard to call the out-right winner but you have to take a look at the defending champs. They have the best starting five in the league and still remain the ones to beat.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Woohoo! Nice job, Rockets.

98 to 86 they win Game 1 at Dallas today, to take a 1 to 0 series lead.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, Detroit bounced back to put a thumping on the Sixers.

Boston is absolutely smoking the Pacers right now, 76-42 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Houston pulled off a surprise win, I would put Dallas as a contendor for the title, as long as they can get around the Spurs. A Sallas/Pheonix series would be interesting, as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Looks like the Nuggets are going to beat the Spurs in San Antonio in game 1, they're up 7 with 15 seconds left.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There has been only one game upset to my knowledge. Here are all the scores so far and the series now:

SCORES, APRIL 24
NJN 98 - MIA 116 WAS 94 - CHI 103
DEN 93 - SAS 87 MEM 103 - PHO 114

SCORES, APRIL 23
PHI 85 - DET 106 HOU 98 - DAL 86
IND 82 - BOS 102 SAC 82 - SEA 87

PLAYOFFS, FIRST ROUND
MIA 1 - NJN 0 PHO 1 - MEM 0
DET 1 - PHI 0 *SAS 0 - DEN 1
BOS 1 - IND 0 SEA 1 - SAC 0
CHI 1 - WAS 0 DAL 0 - HOU 1

*Upset

This is the only one yet!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by travy51
There has been only one game upset to my knowledge.

It depends what you consider an upset.

If you are going by seedings, then #5 Houston beating #4 Dallas would be considered an upset.

It was a pretty exciting weekend of opening games.

Tonight's schedule -

Indiana vs Boston

Houston vs Dallas

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
About Game 1 of Dallas and Houston, I knew when Houston took that big lead (I think they led by as much as 19) that Dallas wouldn't come back and win it.

Because Houston's a good defensive team. Usually only bad defensive teams blow big leads.

Also it's a particulary impressive win for the Rockets because Yao Ming was in foul trouble and ended up fouling out. And he had only 11 points and 8 boards.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I firnly expect Dallas to wake up here and finish off Houston. Dallas has been close for so many years, i think they can finally pull through this season.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
indiana won, they may be good enough to upset the celts

houston will be tough on dallas, it won't be a walk through the park

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It's all tied up in the Indiana series everyone as the Pacers beat the Celtics 82-79. But it was a close game mostly throughout and this was one exciting contest. I want to see Reggie give it his all like that every night. What am I talking about, he does. If it is not on the scoreboard, it is defensively.

Another thing is that Houston has gained a 2-0 lead on Dallas with a 113-111 win over the Mavs. This was also a close and exciting game. With Yao coming out for the pick for McGrady and McGrady hitting it from just inside the 3-point line. Very exciting!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That was a great shot by McGrady to put the Rockets up 2 games to none and heading to Houston, but Van Horn has to play better defense than that. Van Horn also threw the ball away on Dallas' previous possession.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Playoff Series

Western Conference

(1) Suns vs. (8) Grizzlies: Suns lead 1-0

(2)Spurs vs. (7)Nuggets: Nuggets lead 1-0

(3)Sonics vs. (6)Kings: Sonics lead 1-0

(4)Mavericks vs. (5)Rockets: Rockets lead series 2-0

Eastern Conference

(1) Heat vs. (8) Nets: Heat lead 1-0

(2) Pistons vs (7) Sixers: Pistons lead 1-0

(3) Celtics vs (6) Pacers: Series tied at 1-1

(4) Bulls vs (5) Wizards: Bulls lead 1-0

Tonight's Games

7:30 PM Sixers @ Pistons

The sixers, after their collapse after the first quarter on Saturday, will come out ready to play and will give the pistons a good game. AI will have over 30, but it will not be quite enough to out them past the Pistons.

8:00 PM Nets @ Miami

Shaq... need I say more? Shaq will have one of his best game against the Nets tonight, with Wade also pitching in with 25+. The Heat will have another dominating performance which will ultimately lead to the series sweep.

10:30 PM Kings @ Sonics

The Kings loss was result to Bibby shooting poorly during the opening playoff game. Bibby will break out of his slump, and score 20+ along with Stojakovic and Mobley. It will be a close game into the 4th quarter, but the Kings will prevail in this one.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't just have the Heat running over the Nets, the Nets have showed a lot since the All-star break coming around and making it into the playoffs, they are going to be a bit more determined just to let shaq beat them.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Props to houston, I'm dumbfounded on this series, but, they are a good team.

As for the east, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat or the Pistons sweep. The Sixers and Nets just aren't all that good this season. I gues swe'll have a better idea after tonight.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Rockets 113, Mavericks 111 last night.

Rockets up 2 to 0 in the series. Both wins at Dallas! Wow! Go Rockets this series!

Tracy McGrady with the game-winning shot with 2 seconds left. The look on Cuban's face after McGrady hit that shot was priceless.

And great bounce back game by Yao Ming. 33 points, 8 boards. And 33 points on 13 of 14 shots from the field too. That's particularly impressive. I had a feeling he'd come back.

Now I don't think this series is over yet. Dallas is certainly capable of winning on the road but I think if Houston just keeps on putting the pressure on and play their game, I think they can finish Dallas off in 4 for the sweep.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I do think the Rockets will win the series... but it will be in at least 6 games. The Mavericks are too good to be swept. Yes... the Nets have been doing good, but good isn't good enough when playing the Heat. You must play like a championship team just as the Heat and Suns have been,

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not looking too good for the Sixers, as Darko Milicic has checked in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join