It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs 05

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Sixers are just totally overmatched. I'm not so sure Philly will even take a game, although I think they might get one at home. It doesn't help when Detroit shoots 50% and the Sixers just 37%, they just cant seem to stop them. Iverson was an awful 7 for 24 for 19 points and Webber looks like he's about 50.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Gotta love those Pistons fans. This idiot in the pic below who's taunting Webber with the "T", obviously a reference to his 1993 blunder at Michigan, was arrested for throwing a coin at Iverson when he was on the bench in the fourth quarter. What a moron.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seattle is going to head to Sacramento up 2 games to none.

The Sonics won 105-93 although they were up at 26 at one point.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
With Miami and Seattle up on there respected teams, who know what could happen in their divisions. I believe that it is always possible for a team to come back. But with the whole Jefferson coming back to NJ after surgery, bad idea. The chemistry was good there before they went into the playoffs and adding Jefferson into the line-up just messed things up. It is not like they really had much of a chance anyways. Jefferson is a good player but they should of let him rest for next year when they would be one of the best in the east.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Playoff Series

Western Conference

(1) Suns vs. (8) Grizzlies: Suns lead 1-0

(2)Spurs vs. (7)Nuggets: Nuggets lead 1-0

(3)Sonics vs. (6)Kings: Sonics lead 2-0

(4)Mavericks vs. (5)Rockets: Rockets lead series 2-0

Eastern Conference

(1) Heat vs. (8) Nets Heat lead 2-0

(2) Pistons vs (7) Sixers: Pistons lead 2-0

(3) Celtics vs (6) Pacers: Series tied at 1-1

(4) Bulls vs (5) Wizards: Bulls lead 1-0

Tonight's Games

8:00 PM Nuggets @ Spurs

This will be a close one, but the Spurs, without Duncan being 100%, will struggle against the surging Nuggets. I think that it will be another close game and that the nuggets will again beat the Spurs.

8:30 PM Wizards @ Bulls

Both teams played great in their first game, and both will do so in this game. The Wizards and Bulls are both evenly matched, but I think that Gilbert Arenas will have a big game tonight which will lead the Wizards past the Bulls to tie the series.

10:30 PM Grizzlies @ Suns

While the Grizzlies have high hopes, it's just not enough to get by Phoenix. Gasol will have a big game tonight, but the Suns will run them over hitting the 3 and Stoudamire dominating the paint.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Seattle is going to head to Sacramento up 2 games to none.

The Sonics won 105-93 although they were up at 26 at one point.

Yup.

Bibby only had a little better Game 2 than he did Game 1. Luke Ridnour did a nice job this game. Defended Bibby decently and hit at least some of his open shots after scoring 0 points in Game 1.

We actually cut that lead from 26 to 8. And had a chance to cut it to 6 or 5 but Darius Songaila took his eyes off a pass from Bobby Jackson out on the wing and that was the ballgame.

I thought last night was a must-win game for us so I don't think we're going to win this series. Seattle has the 3rd best road record in the league.

Also, PA, I was wondering, about Chris Webber. I watched a bit of Game 1 of that series between the Sixers and the Pistons and Webber scored quite a bit in Game 1 but every time I saw the Sixers set up their offense Webber would just stop and wait at the 3-pt. line. He never posted up. Did he actually go inside in Game 2? I'll never truly understand that. Webber can score in the post. I've seen him do it but he doesn't try it as often as he should.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Our biggest problem against the Sonics was not their defense, but the number of missed WIDE OPEN layups. I'm confident in the Kings and believe that they could still win this.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
We actually cut that lead from 26 to 8. And had a chance to cut it to 6 or 5 but Darius Songaila took his eyes off a pass from Bobby Jackson out on the wing and that was the ballgame.

Also, PA, I was wondering, about Chris Webber. I watched a bit of Game 1 of that series between the Sixers and the Pistons and Webber scored quite a bit in Game 1 but every time I saw the Sixers set up their offense Webber would just stop and wait at the 3-pt. line. He never posted up. Did he actually go inside in Game 2? I'll never truly understand that. Webber can score in the post. I've seen him do it but he doesn't try it as often as he should.

The funny thing is, when the Kings came back to within 8, all five starters were on the bench. I dont think the Kings are done, they're tough at home and this series could be tied in no time if they defend their home court like they're capable of. And yeah, Bibby is really struggling.

As far as C-Webb, the only points he gets are out at the elbow, around 15-17 footers, thats it. He has absolutely no legs, therefore he's almost worthless inside right now. I have no idea how he was Western Conference player of the month for January. I'm not ripping him, I've always liked Webber, but he's hardly even a shadow of his former self at this point in his career. It looks like a chore for him to just get up and down the court and his defense and rebounding are average at best. Maybe he can get things going at home, but he doesnt ever even go low on offense anymore, he's like a 6'10 shooting guard. He does have a nice jumper but he's been inconsistent lately, seems to be missing the big shots.

The Suns beat Memphis again to go up 2-0, the Grizzlies were right in it to the end. Mike Miller missed a 3 that would have tied it up with under 10 seconds left. Gasol had a huge game but the Suns are just too much for them.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Playoff Series

Western Conference

(1) Suns vs. (8) Grizzlies: Suns lead 2-0

(2)Spurs vs. (7)Nuggets: Series tied 1-1

(4)Mavericks vs. (5)Rockets: Rockets lead 2-0

Eastern Conference

(1)Heat vs. (8)Nets: Heat lead 2-0

(2)Pistons vs (7)Sixers: Pistons lead 2-0

(3)Celtics vs (6)Pacers: Series tied 1-1

(4)Bulls vs (5)Wizards: Bulls lead 2-0

Tonight's Games

7:00 PM Heat @ Nets

Though I think that the Heat will sweep, I believe that if the Nets do win one, it will be this game. Vince will put up 30 and Kidd will have a good game also. But will it be enough to get them past Shaq and Wade?

8:30 PM Celtics @ Pacers

The home team is always favored, so I'm picking the Pacers in this one. Pierce will have a slow start, which will allow the Pacers to pull away early in this one.

9:30 PM Mavericks @ Rockets

The rockets have already won two games in Dallas, and so they will at home, but it will not start in this game. Dirk will have a big night which will push the Mavericks to their lone win in the series.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that the Mavs/Rockets and Celtics/Pacers are the only series to go the full 7 games.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Mavs are going to have to have a good fourth quarter here if they want to think about a 7-game series. They're down by 5 entering the 4th quarter in Houston and we all know no team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win an NBA playoff series. McGrady is playing unbelievable. I'm rooting for the Mavs tonight just because I want to see a good 7 game series.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The Nets took their best shot tonight and it still wasn't enough. This one's over.

Miami 108, New Jersey 105 in Double Overtime.

Kidd with a triple-double. Vince Carter with an almost triple-double.

But it wasn't enough.

Heat up 3 to 0 in that series.

And it looks like the Pacers have taken control of their series after a great Game 1 from Boston.

Pacers 99, Celtics 76 in Game 3.

Pacers lead the series 2 to 1.

And props to the Mavericks. 106 to 102 Dallas over Houston. Rockets still lead the series 2 to 1.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The first game was Miami at New Jersey. I can't believe New Jersey let it slip away. They had that game and Jefferson started going cold in the second overtime. Cliff Robinson went cold and missed 2 big shots. If fatigue sets in, get them off the court and put some of your second stringers up their. They need to feel the playoff intensity. New Jersey could of put in Rodney Buford. He has been good for the Nets this season.

The second game was Boston at Indiana. This game was all about competition.....physical competition that is. I find it that tempers flare more in the playoffs than any other time because the aggressiveness steps in. Indiana's Reggie Miller really took it on himself to get Indiana past the Boston Celtics this game though. He was hitting all of the shots from the leaner to the 3-pointer. He was on fire. But Antoine Walker should of cooled his jets for he was playing out of anger and not out of intensity.

The third game was the Dallas at Houston game. This game was a great contest. It was basically Dirk Nowitzki vs. Tracy McGrady. It was a great contest but Dirk had the stops and Dallas won on the road.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wow... I finally got all my picks right, and I got pretty close to how I said certain players would play too. That's a miracle seeing as how I only got 3 outta the first 6 right. I'm hoping my Kings will pick it up tonight to get us that must-win.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Playoff Series

Western Conference

(1) Suns vs. (8) Grizzlies: Suns lead 2-0

(2)Spurs vs. (7)Nuggets: Series tied 1-1

(4)Mavericks vs. (5)Rockets: Rockets lead 2-1

Eastern Conference

(1)Heat vs. (8)Nets: Heat lead 3-0

(2)Pistons vs (7)Sixers: Pistons lead 2-0

(3)Celtics vs (6)Pacers: Pacers lead 2-1

(4)Bulls vs (5)Wizards: Bulls lead 2-0

Tonight's Games

8:00 PM Pistons @ Sixers

Unless AI picks up his game, the Sixers will be destroyed. If AI scores over 25, they win, but I'm confident that the defending champs will come out on top.

9:00 PM Suns @ Grizzlies

After seeing the Grizzlies impressive effort against the suns in game 2, I believe that they have a great chance to win tonight. Gasol should have a bigger night than in game 2, which will push them past the Suns for what may be their only win.

10:30 PM Sonics @ Kings

Bibby is the key to the Kings win tonight. He will again have a slow night, but will begin to pick it up in the second half. With Bibby, Miller, Peja, Jackson, and Cuttino Mobley they should already be up 2-0, but the key scorers can't score. If we make our WIDE-OPEN layups, unlike in game 2, and Bibby breaks his slump, then the Kings will be very tough to beat at ARCO. The Kings will just barely slip by the Sonics for their first series win.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Wow... I finally got all my picks right, and I got pretty close to how I said certain players would play too. That's a miracle seeing as how I only got 3 outta the first 6 right. I'm hoping my Kings will pick it up tonight to get us that must-win.

Good move, and thanks for the predictions!

And thank God that the MAvs finally won one!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Sixers came out strong and looked really good in their first home playoff game. They beat Detroit 115-104, it's not easy to score 115 points on that stingy Pistons defense. C-Webb's jumper was on, Iverson was his usual hustling self, he plays every play at 110%. Rodney Rogers hit some key 3's and Sammy D pulled down some big boards and had a few timely swats. Call me crazy, but I dont think this series is over. Granted the Sixers will have to continue to play like they did yesterday, but thats not impossible.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Good to see the Sixers take one, but I really doubt they'll make it past round one, they are overmatched.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Good to see the Sixers take one, but I really doubt they'll make it past round one, they are overmatched.

It all depends who brings their game. Sure they're overmatched on paper, but if you caught the game yesterday and knew nothing about either team, you'd insist that Philly was the better team. The Pistons were overmatched yesterday.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Over a 7 game sseries, though, and already down by a game, it's not looking too good for the sixers. And I'd like to see them do well, but this is a tough matchup for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join