It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs 05

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

And thank God that the MAvs finally won one!

Hey Gibbs I thought you were a Jazz fan?

Anyways my thoughts on the Kings-Sonics' game last night.

Kings 116, Sonics 104 in Game 4.

Sonics still lead the series 2 to 1.

But finally a Kings' win.

It always amazes me how wide open outside shots go down easier at home than they do on the road. Not just for the Kings but I've seen that for a lot of teams.

Finally Mike Bibby with a huge game. 31 points. What I loved is Bibby taking it to the rack. Miller would set a pick up top and Bibby would just take it to the rack instead of settling for the outside shot.

Everyone pretty much played well except for Brian Skinner and Peja struggled offensively but he did a great defensive job on Rashard Lewis. Ostertag didn't play at all last night. I still would rather have him up in the rotation over Skinner. I don't understand Adelman there.

Brad Miller was sweet with the outside shot. Oddly enough at the opening part of the game, he passed up like 3 open outside shots. Then when he finally took them and he hit 3 in a row. And Miller had some vicious picks too. I loved those. One of them took Ridnour out.

Kenny Thomas. First good game of the series. 8 of 10 from the field. 22 points. And once again his outside shot finally went down.

Cuttino Mobley played well too. He even stripped Ray Allen in the first half, leading to a Bibby fastbreak hoop. Mobley still needs to work on not arguing with the refs. Technical foul at the end of the game last night after arguing the whole game with the officials.

Only downside. Once again, we didn't do a good job on the boards. Lost the battle overall 38 to 30 and Seattle looked good on the offensive glass again.

And props to Luke Ridnour too. He's finally settled down it looks like. After looking terrible on his first couple of outside shots, he finally drained some.

And sweet shooting Ray Allen was pretty awesome last night. He kept Seattle in the game when it looked like we were going to blow them out.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hey Gibbs I thought you were a Jazz fan?

I gotta root for someone, and they are the team that I picked, since they have a fighting chance, and I don't have much reason to hate them...

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Gibbs,

At least you dont hate everything in Dallas.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wizards def. Bulls 117-99, Bulls lead series 2-1

The Wizards won their first playoff victory in 17 years Saturday, beating the Chicago Bulls 117-99 with a big-man attack notably absent in the first two games of the series.

Etan Thomas scored 20 points on 8-for-9 shooting, grabbed nine rebounds and led a third-quarter spurt that put his team control, supplementing an attack that had come to rely too heavily on Larry Hughes, Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison.

Mavs def. Rockets 97-93, series tied at 2

With Dirk Nowitzki in another slump and Houston's Tracy McGrady suddenly struggling after scoring virtually at will, Jason Terry took over in the fourth quarter to rescue the Mavericks from the bleakest of deficits.

The unheralded point guard scored a season-high 32 points, including a 3-pointer with 26.9 seconds left, and Michael Finley added 18, rallying the Mavericks from another late deficit in a 97-93 victory over the Houston Rockets on Saturday.

Celtics def. Pacers 110-79, series tied at 2

After watching the Boston Celtics wrestle inside and questioning their ability to fight, Doc Rivers changed tactics. He used a small lineup Saturday to get the Indiana Pacers out of sync. Brilliant move.

Paul Pierce finished with 30 points, seven rebounds, eight assists and five blocked shots, and Ricky Davis broke out of a shooting slump with 15 points to lead the Celtics to a 110-79 rout of the Pacers in Game 4, tying the first-round series.

Spurs def. Nuggets 86-78, Spurs lead series 2-1

Manu Ginobili provided a spark off the bench for the second straight game and Robert Horry hit two big 3-pointers in the fourth quarter, helping the Spurs beat the Denver Nuggets 86-78 on Saturday night for a 2-1 series lead.

San Antonio has tried to turn each game into a halfcourt grind and take Denver out of its running game. Except for Game 1, which Denver won in San Antonio, the Spurs have been successful.

That was a pretty cheap shot by Carmelo on Ginobili at the end of the game which resulted in Melo's ejection. The announcers were actually talking possible suspension for game 4 for Anthony.

Sunday's lineup

Detroit @ Philadelphia, 1pm EST.........Pistons lead 2-1

Miami @ New Jersey, 3:30...................Heat lead 3-0

Phoenix @ Memphis, 8:00....................Suns lead 3-0

Seattle @ Sacramento, 10:30..............Sonics lead 2-1

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I watched part of the Denver/Spurs game last night, they were really getting into each other's faces the whole game. I don't understand how peple can consider basketbal a non-contact sport.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Biq quarter for the 76ers.

They're up by 4, early fourth quarter in Game 4 and Tayshawn Prince has left the game with an ankle injury.

:loudhorn: ~ GO SIXERS !!!!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd say that they are looking pretty good today. Maybe I shouldn't be so fast with predictions...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sixers-Pistons going to OOOOOOOOOOOOvertime!

:party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great game so far, man!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It sure has been, I really hope they can pull this out and go back to Motown all tied up.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh well, they couldnt pull it off.

Rasheed hit a huge three that put the dagger in the game.

The Sixers cant beat the Pistons in three straight, especially two in Detroit.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Didn't work out for them, and now Miami is laying a beating upon the Nets...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Time to put the fork in the Nets, they're done.

Miami leads by 11 with 2 minutes to go. They held Shaq scoreless in the first half but just couldn't keep up the with the Heat.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Kings find themselves behind by 7 with just 5 minutes to play. They were ahead most of the game, hopefully they can come back to take the home game and even the series at 2.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Philla needs to step their game. Iverson is already on the trail averaging over 30 points a game in this series. He is also averaging 10+ assists a game so he is feeding the ball. Webber, Korver, Dalembert, and the rest need to pick it up for if they don't they are going to be out. They need to make a decision quick for their next game is coming quick.

New Jersey is finally out. The lack of communication on NJ's squad was the key factor. Oh yeah, and the O'Neal/Wade mixing also helped.

Memphis really didn't have a chance for the combo line of Nash, Stoudemire, and Marion really went to work. Pau Gasol had a good series but if you ask me, I actually think they will win a game next year in the playoffs. They have lost 8 straight playoff games (2 first rounds).

This Chicago and Washington series is getting better and better every time I see it. Arenas is getting better on the floor and Hughes is lighting it up. But Gordon is controlling the Bulls. I can't believe that this series is so close. I am waiting to see who wins though!

Indiana and Boston, oh my... this series is getting rough. It is like one team wins by 20 so the other team has to out-do the other so they win by 30. If Boston can win by 30 with Walker out of the line-up, then with him in the line-up they should blow this series out of the water. That just goes to show you that Boston is relyiong on Walker a little to much. Go to Pierce!

This Seattle series is going as planned. I thought Sac-town would have more of a chance with Miller and Jackson back but I guess that I was wrong. Jerome James has really stepped it up though. He is going to be a good free agent sometime soon. Ray Allen scoring 45 last night was amazing. He was hitting everything. I feel bad for whoever has to face them next because Sacramento really has no chance of coming back!

Duncan, Duncan, Duncan....playoff pressure getting to you. This is really bad but it is also a good thing for other players are stepping up as in Ginobili. If this is the way it goes, than San Antonio should have this series.

And last but not least, the Houston/Dallas series. The battle of Texas has been great. You thought Houston was going to sweep but then Dallas comes back and wins 2 straight to tie it up. All I have to say is never assume. This series is basically Dirk vs. Tracy though. Fact: Neither teams have one at home in this series. game 5 is in Houston.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Nets and Griss losing so quick are no surprise. Philly's out of it, no chance now. And I don't think that Sacremento has what it takes to get back into their series.

The rest of the series are turning into classics. Celts/Pacers, what amazing swings each game! Spurs/Nugs, it's like the old guard vs. the new, and there is blood flowing here. (I'm secretly rooting for the Nugs) Bulls/Wiz...Wow! what a series this has been. And MJ is no where to be seen!
And the Mavs/Rockets, this will be the new bitter rivalry in the league for years to come, after this series. Mind games, great plays, home court disadvantage...this is what the NBA playoffs are about, fellas!

The only thing that could make this post-season better? Just throw in a little Jazz...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here we stand, the first round all but over.

Pheonix, Miami, Seattle, San Antonio, and Detroit have moved on, with Indiana and Dallas poised to do that tonight, and the possibility of Washington tomorrow. I still think that the Mavs/Rockets and Celts/Pacers will be going 7 games, though.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Another great Rockets-Mavs game last night, I've really enjoyed watching this series. If you didnt see the game, the final score in no way indicates how the game was, it was close most of the way.

Game 7 Saturday night in Big D, should be a classic!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
the bulls and wiz are putting on another entertaing show this evening, it's currently 47-43 bulls, late inthe 2nd.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Another great Rockets-Mavs game last night, I've really enjoyed watching this series. If you didnt see the game, the final score in no way indicates how the game was, it was close most of the way.

Game 7 Saturday night in Big D, should be a classic!

I stopped watching the game before the end, when they go up by 15 or so. I still love Dallas's chances, especially now that the teams are winning at home.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join