It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs 05

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't think that the Suns have it in them. Maybe they make it close, but I would not be surprsed at all to see San Antonio up 2-0 by morning.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Spurs are just, well, just plain awesome. They have too many weapons for any team to stick with. Duncan. Ginobli. Horry (the hired gun), Parker, Barry. Unstoppable.

Though it looks as if the pistons will break through the Heat, they won't stand a chance against this team. They have an answer for everything, and they do it with class, a subdued style that is plain, but effective. They play like champions. And they will be.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You say that the Pistons won't have a chance against the Spurs... 2 things, they need to get through the Heat first because they are down 2-1 in their series and you forget about the combo of Hamilton, B. Wallace, Billups, R. Wallace, Prince, Hunter (blocking machine in playoffs), etc. I think it will be a well favoured match. But now that playoff atmosphere is gettinjg thick, it would be nice to see the Heat against the Spurs. That would be a nice match

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess I jumped the gun on giving the East to the Pistons.

But the Spurs are just dismantling the Suns, they are making it look just too darn easy.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Don't count out Phoenix just yet though. I know they are down and all but Marion is starting to get back into form and that is the thing they needed. Joe Johnson is also getting back into it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know the Suns aren't going to come back and win this thing.

But still what a game! What a game! I loved that game! Very exciting.

Suns 111, Spurs 106. Spurs still lead the series 3 to 1.

I thought the Suns might be done, down 7 at the half. And then the Spurs kept on cutting that lead in the 4th Quarter. But give the Suns credit, it would have been easy to say "Summer Vacation time" but they stuck with it and held the Spurs at bay.

How about Amare Stoudemire those last 2 sequences. The big block on Duncan and then on the other end getting to Joe Johnson's miss and saving it for another Suns' chance.

Joe Johnson was awesome too. 10 for 15 from the field. It's a shame he didn't get to play the whole series.

And I don't know what happened to Duncan at the free throw line. So good coming into this game. But 3 for 12 tonight.

And by the way, I think Ginobili flopped on that play when Amare got the defensive board and Manu held onto him a tad too long.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have to admit that the "Ginobili Flop" was one of the biggest flops I have ever seen. But when it comes to Phoenix being out, it brings me back to baseball with Boston coming back from three down versus the Yankees to win the series. I am not the biggest baseball fan but I know that the Yankees were an excellent team that should have beat them. Great outfield, great infield, great pitching, great overall. They are just like the Spurs. They have good defence, good offence, and a good bench. Phoenix might be the underdogs but they sure do have a chance to come back. I might be wrong but that is my humble opinion!

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
SAN Antonio Spurs eliminated the top-seeded Phoenix Suns today to advance to the National Basketball Association finals for the second time in three years. Tim Duncan led the Spurs to a 101-95 win as San Antonio captured the best-of-seven Western Conference series 4-1. The Suns averted a sweep by winning game four but they were unable to become the first team to win a series after losing the first three. San Antonio will host either Miami Heat or Detroit Pistons in game one of the 2005 finals which begin on June 9. The Spurs won the NBA title in 1999 and 2003.

Miami Heat and defending NBA champions Detroit Pistons are 2-2 in their Eastern Conference finals series.

LINK

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Spurs did a solid job of extinguishing the Suns. And the Pistons turned up the Heat, and will turn off the Heat on Monday night, the heat just have too many injuries right now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join